Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower (13621 Views)

The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri / Nigeria Will Be The World's First African Superpower - Newsweek / Boris Johnson Appoints Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch As Minister [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by onuman: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
zomby:

Yes, we can!
Boris Johnson knows what he’s talking about;
with time Peter Obi, his supporters and their negative energy will disappear.
Expect the incoming government to bring a very strong renewable positive energy; unity, and respect for all.

One people, One country, One nation; together we stand, divided we fall.

Unity and renewable positive energy for Nigeria CAN NEVER come to Nigeria with people like you and Tinubu who said it's his turn to become president of Nigeria, because people like you and your master Tinubu, cannot tolerate person from Obi's Igbo ethnic group to preside over Nigeria.
Who shall take control of proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger delta region is the only drive for continued existence of one Nigeria.

It's only an ethno-religious bigot who believes that very old Tinubu who forfeited drug trafficking money to the US government, and who is mentally handicapped, can bring renewable energy to Nigeria.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by GistFullGround: 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nonsense; when he had power, did he visit Nigeria? Now that he is a nobody, he remembers the country!

I love Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton & George Bush; these are real leaders that once visited Nigeria. May God bless them.

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by rottennaija(m): 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blakjewelry:

LOL you don't know what is happening out there.

What do you mean?
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by SReporters: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
omojeesu:

Masters in double speak. They are partly responsible for our woe. This mess we are in is what they actually desired, planned & executed.

It's too bad! We have to liberate ourselves

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Moniya4Real(m): 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
Liar! As if they want any African nation to develop or be more advanced than them. All want they desire is for us to be subservient to them and for their interests to override ours. Bunch of hypocrites.. But when will African leaders wake up?
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Teenwolf(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Teenwolf(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
it can, but will britain allow it to happen
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
rottennaija:

What do you mean?
Do you know the amount energy those guys are generating from renewable energy? check Australia, check Japan, Germany, France these guys using both floating panels, large areas of land for renewable energy and you don't have to spend on fuel to keep it running so it saves cost at the long run.
I think we should tapping into it but I don't mean importing. We can import the solar cells and build a complete on here. The process of producing the cells is as extraction of pure silicone is energy consuming we can't afford that but build by buying cells and the other materials can be source locally, I know because I have been following, I have interest but the start up fund is huge.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by correctguy101(m): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2023
rottennaija:

Imagine this guy thinking we are all fools. We have all the natural resources (gas, cool, hydro, uranium ) to make energy available and drive our industry and this guy is here pushing renewables?

How about EU becomes a renewable Superpower and see how that feels?

Lols

So that you go waste time chasing wind while they take all the goodies for themselves. grin

Sense fit wound that man sha
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Tvoice: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nor be only super power na super cocroach, with dis nonsense everywhere? Boris dey dream, e dey whine him self
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by correctguy101(m): 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
SReporters:
He listed areas for continued collaborations with Nigeria to include free trade, free speech, free elections.

Nigeria can never be a great democracy Mr Boris because we lack free speech and free elections which are the main ingredient of a true, democratic nation.

The last general elections was marred with violence, thug invasion, electoral manipulation and lies about BVAS which justified that Nigeria can never be a democratic nation. We must look back to our past because our future lies in the past, when we were truly a great nation.

When Each Geographic Region had its own power and autonomy. If we can return back to that system of Government, Nigeria will rise and reclaim back it's old glory.

Let's stop trying to be like US, UK or Europe because we don't have that structure. Let's take the power away from the centre (Abuja) and redistribute it among all the geographical zones in Nigeria! Our country needs heavy restructuring to get it right!

Makes sense to me.

Greetings

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by chaloskyx: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
Renewables ke? we havent even been able to produce and refine our God given resources you are talking of renewables dont make me laugh Boris you know that aint going to happen this is Nigeria where nothing works even to have clean drinking water we have not been able to do
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by rottennaija(m): 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2023
correctguy101:

Lols

So that you go waste time chasing wind while they take all the goodies for themselves. grin

Sense fit wound that man sha

He is a fool. He thinks Africans don't understand their games.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by rottennaija(m): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Do you know the amount energy those guys are generating from renewable energy? check Australia, check Japan, Germany, France these guys using both floating panels, large areas of land for renewable energy and you don't have to spend on fuel to keep it running so it saves cost at the long run.
I think we should tapping into it but I don't mean importing. We can import the solar cells and build a complete on here. The process of producing the cells is as extraction of pure silicone is energy consuming we can't afford that but build by buying cells and the other materials can be source locally, I know because I have been following, I have interest but the start up fund is huge.

Guys, remove all the hype and you will see renewables don't deliver. We need to power out industries but we cannot do that with renewables. Tell me one country that is powering their industries with renewables?

2 Likes

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Coolgent(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2023
Not with likes of Bola Tinubu, Buhari etc
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by correctguy101(m): 3:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
rottennaija:

He is a fool. He thinks Africans don't understand their games.

Looking at the money grabbers we've got in positions of power, he might successfully confuse and convince them. The lazy baastards were never interested in putting the required efforts in good works in the first place.

Africa man sef.....

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
rottennaija:

Guys, remove all the hype and you will see renewables don't deliver. We need to power out industries but we cannot do that with renewables. Tell me one country that is powering their industries with renewables?
Its like you are not getting the point, presently we can not do without fossil fuel but you can use renewable energy to bridge the. We currently produce around 5gw of electricity and there countries that produce over 250gw of electricity from renewable that energy can be use to bridge the gap. Renewable energy can power homes while heavy duty industries depend on fossil fuel also don't forget hydro electric power and wind power also fall into this category of renewable energy. BTW
Monster companies like Intel, apple, Microsoft, sony etc just to mention a few use renewable energy

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by rottennaija(m): 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Its like you are not getting the point, presently we can not do without fossil fuel but you can use renewable energy to bridge the. We currently produce around 5gw of electricity and there countries that produce over 250gw of electricity from renewable that energy can be use to bridge the gap. Renewable energy can power homes while heavy duty industries depend on fossil fuel also don't forget hydro electric power and wind power also fall into this category of renewable energy. BTW
Monster companies like Intel, apple, Microsoft, sony etc just to mention a few use renewable energy

Have you used renewables before?
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2023
let them do it for themselves and its citizen before remotely thinking to do it because of "your" needs...
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by razzydoo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2023
Renewable energy is the future. It's a fact. Most fossil fuel reserves would eventually be depleted. We don't need Boris telling us this.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Youngzipan(m): 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
stop bobo-ing us, Nigeria can be a renewable super power but you Supported tinubu, no wonder because when they loot us finish it will come to your Economy.
British and America have benefitted more from our corrupt politicians than we Nigerians
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
rottennaija:

Have you used renewables before?
Not only used I have sold a few. Trying raise fund to expand, I have plans to even go into production in the near future so I have been doing alot research.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by WantsandMore: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Niger State happens to be the best location to house a solar farm with Minna having a solar radiation of about 5.8 kWh/m2/day on average, which is favorable for solar farms. I wonder why big money investors aren't interested, perhaps high prevalent electricity theft. 🤔
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
helinues:
We could cos we have the potentials

It's not even a potential thing, great things has been happening in converting waste to electricity. I even happen to work on one. Very massive in output.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
WantsandMore:
Niger State happens to be the best location to house a solar farm with Minna having a solar radiation of about 5.8 kWh/m2/day on average, which is favorable for solar farms. I wonder why big money investors aren't interested, perhaps high prevalent electricity theft. 🤔
The average Nigerian man with money don't want to explore where others have not tried before, they prefer were others have succeeded before. In my location once there is a thriving business you will people root money from nowhere and flood the market before you know it, it collapses. We some of the best weather for solar energy, many countries are even adopting the floating method, infact they can sell to the national grid if they are afraid of power theft. Infact there huge potential for businesses in Nigeria na just capital that is the issue. The machines to align and assemble the cells on the panel is less than 50 million naira, should not just be talking about energy generation we should be talking about producing the panels here.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by WantsandMore: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2023
Blakjewelry:

The average Nigerian man with money don't want to explore where others have not tried before, they prefer were others have succeeded before. In my location once there is a thriving business you will people root money from nowhere and flood the market before you know it, it collapses. We some of the best weather for solar energy, many countries are even adopting the floating method, infact they can sell to the national grid if they are afraid of power theft. Infact there huge potential for businesses in Nigeria na just capital that is the issue. The machines to align and assemble the cells on the panel is less than 50 million naira, should not just be talking about energy generation we should be talking about producing the panels here.
dude can't we crowd fund? There's huge potential here, imagine erecting charging docks/centre for electric vehicles or changing a Kekes combustion engine to electricity & offering cheap charging options.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
WantsandMore:
dude can't we crowd fund? There's huge potential here, imagine erecting charging docks/centre for electric vehicles or changing a Kekes combustion engine to electricity & offering cheap charging options.
The tech industry requires huge fund. My main focus is in the energy department be energy saving to renewable, fund required are running into 100s of millions. I don't see why keep importing when a one time investment can save us a lot.

1 Like

Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by WantsandMore: 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
Blakjewelry:

The tech industry requires huge fund. My main focus is in the energy department be energy saving to renewable, fund required are running into 100s of millions. I don't see why keep importing when a one time investment can save us a lot.
This is where the Chinese got it right, imo.
Re: Boris Johnson: Nigeria Can Be A Renewable Superpower by Blakjewelry(m): 1:34am On Apr 09, 2023
WantsandMore:
This is where the Chinese got it right, imo.
Even the Indians too, look for DIY techy stuff on YouTube you will find India more than any country that is rapid growth you in the media

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cash Transfer: FG Seeks Fresh $400m Loan To Fund 15 Million Households / Tinubu To Unveil Shettima In Abuja On Wednesday / FG Seeks ₦‎35 Billion To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.