Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,736 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC (12361 Views)

BEDC Serves UNIBEN Disconnection Notice Over ₦‎264m Unpaid Bill / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by kayode4arch: 10:40am On Apr 07, 2023
Emuforlife1:
Una say wahala be lyk wetin again grin

He be like bysicle
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by ahiboilandgas: 10:46am On Apr 07, 2023
Naijjablog:
Kaduna Electric has issued a disconnection notice to ABU Zaria Electric due to outstanding debt of over 931 million naira.

The disconnection is scheduled to take place on an unspecified date and the reason for it is the payment of debt.

The notice bears the name of the Vice Chancellor of ABU Main, account number 220790000901. The outstanding balance is 931,479,317.84 naira.

The notice was signed on 4/4/2023 and will be supervised by an official who will also sign and add any relevant remarks. It is important to settle the debt to avoid disconnection penalties and legal reconnection fees.

https://twitter.com/MSIngawa/status/1644068845135581200?s=20

Similar thread: https://www.nairaland.com/3092096/abu-zaria-electricity-bill-90million
used the money to build a solar farm ! Or 2 mega watt station.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by JBoss25(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2023
chudez0147:
Just say 1trillion naira . How much con remain ??
billion*

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by real777(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2023
If bypassing and fraudulent electricity customers can be tackled, I can assure you that every one would pay for their electricity used just as it is with the telecom industry. Wastages would be minimal and more serious investors will take over generation and distribution. If people were appropriately billed, few would allow their borehole pumps to keep wasting water for hours with everyone feeling "I don't care" to put it off. It happens often in my area. Some even leave a 200 watts bulb on in the day lol.

Some of the students that used this energy through hot plate and other high power consuming elements are among those shouting Nigeria is a failed state yen yen yen. Effective metering system in Nigeria will curb electricity theft and wastage and it is not rocket science. These are stuff a secondary school students can install to monitor household thefts. We are too corrupt and love to cheat a system in this country. Instead of monitoring and eliminating the source of power theft and wastages, DISCOs would rather install general meter system at the transformers for monitoring total kilowatt power comsumed for a given period and use that information to match what is obtained per household, industry etc for the month. If for example the general meter at the transformer says current energy consumption is #10,000,000 but the actual billing per customers is #5,000,000, it means there is energy loss to theft already. Your neighbours who thinks they were smart have succeeded in roping you in to pay for what they consumed. How? The energy company will simply distribute the balance #5,000,000 across each customers on that network. This is where those estimated billing comes to play to balance out the account. You see why stealing and fraud is not smartness? Nobody gave me this info. I'm only a layman using my layman wisdom having been a victim of this things and I protested and won them. So long as I live, Nigeria corrupt system will never rob me because nothing whatsoever I have benefited from this country. The country is so blessed but tribalism and corruption have finished her.

We install solar inverter system. Quality over quantity
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Akoodo: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2023
What happens to solar?
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by chatinent: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2023
When we hear that a person or organization is owing NEPA, you’ll think it was steady light. Sadly, na still epileptic lights.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by 4ward4: 11:45am On Apr 07, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
used the money to build a solar farm ! Or 2 mega watt station.

We all Know solar power isn't reliable and more expensive than Hydro. Not an investment to pursue for a long term.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Abaniwealth(f): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2023
Emuforlife1:
Local rice😂
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by slimfit1(m): 11:54am On Apr 07, 2023
Agbadocassava:
We have so many useless professors in this country, a high school should be generating her own electricity not to talk of Uni

God bless you , you wrote that before me.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by ultimateprof: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2023
Let them go to court and settle. Government owing government, who is going to settle the fight?
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by ebenholer2(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
THIS FURTHER RE-EMPHASIZE THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS A FAILURE, IF A PRIVATELY OWNED UNIVERSITIES CAN BE EFFECTIVELY MANAGED DESPITE PRESENCE OF FEW STUDENTS, HOW MUCH MORE IS FEDERAL OWNED INSTITUTIONS. AND BESIDE THE MANAGEMENT OF THE SCHOOL DESERVED TO SACK BUT WHO WILL EFFECTIVELY REPLACE THEM SINCE WE HAVE BIGOT AS A PRESIDENT.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by ebenholer2(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Charly68:
Why did the electricity company allow the bill to pile up to such a huge amount before serving them disconnection notice. Something is wrong with the management of KDCE .. Somebody should be sacked for negligence
North don't pay electricity bill until recently when they are forced to do so. How should someone who carry radio up and down be asked to come and pay nepa bill, them no dey watch tv, African magic na for the few elites among them. If u wan watch tv go Alhaji place shikena.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by ebenholer2(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
slimfit1:

God bless you , you wrote that before me.
This is transfer of aggression...our professors are not useless but meticulous. They have prevailing circumstances affecting their functionality too. How do u feel seeing a student u taught with a good ride while u so-called professor is driving a rickety car. 4 years term as a politician will make u pay scores of professors for years and u think they will be joyous to do their work. No that is the reality.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by slimfit1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
ebenholer2:

This is transfer of aggression...our professors are not useless but meticulous. They have prevailing circumstances affecting their functionality too. How do u feel seeing a student u taught with a good ride while u so-called professor is driving a rickety car. 4 years term as a politician will make u pay scores of professors for years and u think they will be joyous to do their work. No that is the reality.

Brother the fact they are not talking is part of our problem. They can invent something and make something out of it through patents and research. Of I was a chancellor and we have science and technology or engineering departments we have no business with the national grid not to talk of this massive bills.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Ixodes(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
With ABU dam, that debt is almost enough to generate enough electricity to power the school and surrounding community but corruption…
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Emuforlife1: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Abaniwealth:
Local rice
Local Rice ke? Oya explain...

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Emuforlife1: 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2023
ebenholer2:

North don't pay electricity bill until recently when they are forced to do so. How should someone who carry radio up and down be asked to come and pay nepa bill, them no dey watch tv, African magic na for the few elites among them. If u wan watch tv go Alhaji place shikena.
What do you guyz gain from gross misinformation and lies

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Agbadocassava:
We have so many useless professors in this country, a high school should be generating her own electricity not to talk of Uni

God bless you... I was about to comment this before I saw yours

I think it's high time universities set up institutions to start generating their own electricity, and not just bakery and pure water companies... Students can even have their IT in those institutions and excess can be sold to the surrounding communities at a cost

I stand to be corrected, Covenant University have such in place... Others can learn

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Shikena(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emuforlife1:

What do you guyz gain from gross misinformation and lies
They are just ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Ebowo(f): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
Agbadocassava:

I thought they used to generate their own electricity cos they have a dam
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Shikena(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
ebenholer2:
THIS FURTHER RE-EMPHASIZE THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS A FAILURE, IF A PRIVATELY OWNED UNIVERSITIES CAN BE EFFECTIVELY MANAGED DESPITE PRESENCE OF FEW STUDENTS, HOW MUCH MORE IS FEDERAL OWNED INSTITUTIONS. AND BESIDE THE MANAGEMENT OF THE SCHOOL DESERVED TO SACK BUT WHO WILL EFFECTIVELY REPLACE THEM SINCE WE HAVE BIGOT AS A PRESIDENT.
Not an excuse as this should be addressed but this issue precedes Buhari's govt. They all failed.

When the general consumption nationwide was low due to much smaller population, you hardly hear of power outage or issues with power bills on any university campus in Nigeria especially the first generations comprising of UI, UNILAG, OAU Ife, ABU Zaria and UNN.

2 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Shikena(m): 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yes that's my understanding too.

Also, there is an ongoing large scale solar power project across many of our universities.

Ebowo:

I thought they used to generate their own electricity cos they have a dam

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by MrBONE2(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
Emuforlife1:

LIKE Musa Bicycle 😁

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by Fayos1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
Light has been disconnected since on 5th
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by MeineMutter: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Check their records or payment vouchers in their Bursary Department, they have paid all the bills on paper but siphoned the money. Just that they would have hid the vouchers. Or check all journals passed into electricity expense Head or whatever name they call it.

How can you be owning nearly N1billion? And you would be among the first to say NEPA is corrupt. They are not giving you light.

Barawo banza. Civil servants are parts of the rot in our system. Small thing, they will be blaming the government.

Probe their Internal Audit Department too. Their audit report would always show that the school doesn’t have such outstanding bill to pay. Ole ni gbogbo won.
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by biyams(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2023
Abaniwealth:

Local rice😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC by biyams(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2023
Emuforlife1:
like standing fan, e no fit sit down😂..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau State University, Bokkos Admission / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy / We Set-up Rogue Centres To Catch Exam Cheats- JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.