Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? (827 Views)

Use Your Second Term To Re-unite Nigerians, EU Tells Buhari / How I Will Treat Non-muslims In North – Atiku Reveals Plan To Unite Nigerians / Which Presidential Candidate Can Unite Nigerians Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by logicalhumour: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2023
For some reason, I kept thinking about the topic. At this point what can unite us? Prejudice seem to have eaten everyone.

Nigerian politics devides us, Religion devides us, Politicians devide us, and even the citizens have been thoroughly eaten by prejudice. We are diverse, and the very things that diversify us are the things that so mercilessly divide us.

Seriously, what's the way forward?
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by advanceDNA: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
logicalhumour:
For some reason, I kept thinking about the topic. At this point what can unite us? Prejudice seem to have eaten everyone.

Nigerian politics devides us, Religion devides us, Politicians devide us, and even the citizens have been thoroughly eaten by prejudice. We are diverse, and the very things that diversify us are the things that so mercilessly divide us.

We are just forcing unity because some few pple are gaining from the unified arrangement at the expense of the masses.....

division is long overdue....

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by gidgiddy: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
logicalhumour:

Nothing brings us together. There are only two choices:

Stay together and fight forever in Nigeria

Or disintegrate and fight no more

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by donbachi(m): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
Only united to share and loot national treasure

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by onumadu: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Return the stolen mandate, and Nigeria will survive.
If that mandate is not returned, Nigeria is finished.
This is a very simple and honest assessment of the truth.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Sevenworldpower(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2023
logicalhumour:

Unity is relative.
To improve national cohesion.
1. Cancel all religious holidays
2. Remove all places of worship in public institutions.
3.Adopt a national language - Nigerian Pidgin English- as official mean of communication.
4. Abolish state of origin, instead state of birth or residence..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Natbrowny: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

Unity is relative.
3.Adopt a national language - Nigerian Pidgin English- as official mean of communication.
These could work. But Nigerians been Nigerians. Nothing fit unite Us.. NOTHING

#1 & #2. I love this. Wish to see it happen one day.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by mrvitalis(m): 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

Unity is relative.
Where has this ever worked in history ?

Roman empire tried it for 600 years it's failed
Europeans fought foot 1000 years plus till they understood the simple social

The only way to unite is to separate along Ethnic lines ...simple

Once Nigeria go back to regional system along Ethnic lines u would see how united we would become simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by goodnessme1(f): 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
logicalhumour:

Hatred for Igbos is the only thing that unite Nigerians.

Fact.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by abobote: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2023
Free and credible elections

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Winneepye: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2023
Prosperity and development.
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by SHINJACRUSADER: 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2023
Division is better than this forceful marriage...

Christians and Muslims can't be together...

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
@OP.

Nothing can unite Nigerians. It is too late. What we need is regional autonomy to assist us all build independently successful lives in our States and region of Nigeria.

It is the only way we will learn to respect and appreciate each other again.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Phoen1X: 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Where has this ever worked in history ?

Roman empire tried it for 600 years it's failed
Europeans fought foot 1000 years plus till they understood the simple social

The only way to unite is to separate along Ethnic lines ...simple

Once Nigeria go back to regional system along Ethnic lines u would see how united we would become simple
Yes,a good example is yugoslavia,..it is now relatiuely peaceful since its disolution.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Cholls(m): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
My brother Igbo pussy
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Bardo: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2023
Sex
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Corn247: 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
Money
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by greatiyk4u(m): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2023
Corruption and sharing the loot
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by danvon(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2023
Phoen1X:
Yes,a good example is yugoslavia,..it is now relatiuely peaceful since its disolution.
I am very sure this is not true, Yugoslavia had one of the bloodiest civil war in europe after it's dissolution
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Jax1: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
There is nothing on earth that can unite Nigerians again.
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by coachy777(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
Football
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Phoen1X: 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
danvon:

I am very sure this is not true, Yugoslavia had one of the bloodiest civil war in europe after it's dissolution
The civil wars was slobadan milosovic's attempts to forcefuly unite them,..they (6 independent nations) are relatively peaceful today than when they were together.
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by danvon(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
Phoen1X:
The civil wars was slobadan milosovic's attempts to forcefuly unite them,..they (6 independent nations) are relatively peaceful today than when they were together.

I disagree with this but I won't argue
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2023
logicalhumour:

To unify the country : The Igbo

That's all I can tell you. We can keep pretending like we don't know. Until when we ready to accept the reality / have this kind of discussion / are truly tired of the status quo.

To unify, your answer is simply The Igbo

To build it is through the structure of balance and eradication of the fundamental Blackmans evil heart (predominant nature of black man (but it's not absolute))
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
kiako:

To unify the country : The Igbo

That's all I can tell you. We can keep pretending like we don't know. Until when we ready to accept the reality / have this kind of discussion / are truly tired of the status quo.

With reference to this :

The conscience of the Igbo is the breathe of this nation. Ask yourself, since Nigeria started "mistreating" them, through plain evil sugar coated as "politics" has there been peace / that feeling of tranquility in this country ?

No.

Do you know the basis for that ? The Igbo have genuinely and sincerely stood for truth and justice but people that thought they are wise, thought they can fool them and decided to pay them evil for good; not knowing they were only playing themselves.

And we thought we're playing politics, but it was all about getting at people. But the bone that hung on the neck of Nigeria is that the people you're getting at, actually genuinely stood / supported you, with the heart of sincerity and integrity thinking they'd get back the favour

But what ?

Those who thought they were wise came shamelessly and want them to know that they've been played and not only that, they want them to see that they derive joy from playing them...

But then it is said that he that pays evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.

and this is even like one shooting herself on the foot cos even the Igbo aren't been held down by those schemes

This is the bane of Nigeria ... This is the bone on its neck.

This conscience of the Igbo is what has set Nigeria against her own self and her own schemes.

Nigeria is fighting what she doesn't know. If you think what's happening to Nigeria ends with the 3-letter word, APC, you should think what inspires APC from the other realm to do all it does..... So it goes beyond just what you see.

Let me stop here.

We shall have this discussion when we are ready for it. (For only when the cloud feels full does it empty itself on the earth )

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by DMerciful(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2023
Igbo hate unites Nigerians
logicalhumour:

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by rinzaugustine: 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2023
Confederate for each region to develop at their pace then you will see the lazy tribes of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by allcomage: 4:44am On Apr 07, 2023
Ethnic regionalism like the Swiss or Belgium model, eg urhobo province/region, Igbo, ijaw, Yoruba, kanuri etc. Each will have its parliament and laws . A very weak centre that will be for external aggression, monetary policy and education. With this, the issue of corruption, incompetent leaders will be reduced and development will start.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Okiton: 5:43am On Apr 07, 2023
logicalhumour:

Nothing can unite us
We have never being one and shall never be
So far there's no fairness and equity in what we do in this damn country there shall never be peace.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by FreeStuffsNG: 5:44am On Apr 07, 2023
Good governance. Asiwaju will make that his priority not any nonsense govt of national unity. Emefiele must never happen to Asiwaju o.
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by Chibuzoc(m): 5:46am On Apr 07, 2023
Hate for igbos and anything that resembles Igbo is the only uniting factor
Re: What Do You Think Can Actually Unite Nigerians? by MasterShifu010(m): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2023
Sevenworldpower:

Unity is relative.

I know your heart is in the right place , but that state of origin own no fit work , especially for the igbos , I do see northerners claim to come from the place they were born , but an igbo man would never do that , that’s why when am Igbo man dies , he’s taken back to his hometown for burial …. Igbo say “ if you don’t know where you’re coming from , then you won’t know where you’re going to “

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Ekweremadu, Obi Might Be Next / President Tinubu Appoints Femi Gbajabiamila As Chief Of Staff|omohglobalnews / Dangote Refinery won't be functional by the end of the year. How true

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.