Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,835 members, 7,862,745 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? (797 Views)

Peter Obi Will Not Get Up To 100,000 Votes In The Core North - Reno Omokri / Resource Control: Edwin Clark Tackles Obasanjo, Recalls Ugly Past / South-West Governors Propose Six Regions, Demand LG Autonomy, Resource Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by leviaka: 2:33am On Apr 08, 2023
Dear nairalanders, please I need your genuine opinions on this topic, @leviaka is a social commentator, I hope these topic get to the front page. My contribution is to make these
country more United and prosperous

Seun, mynd44

Nigeria as we know has not reached its full potential, economically, and militarily, when compared to countries like turkey, Brazil, India, South Korea, Taiwan, what these countries have in common is there will and seriousness to develop.
We cannot say same for Nigeria, a country full of ethnic hatred, and poverty, and a political system which tends to serve the rich only, these concluded presidential election has opened to the surface the deep hatred we have for each other.
My Igbo brothers are now thinking of relocating their businesses to the east and eventually settling down there, cousins that are living abroad are trying to sell all there properties in Lagos and investing in the east as a result of the fallout of these election, they see Lagos as bad economic investment, with the way the Yoruba’s are behaving, the brotherhood of all ethnic nationality's is fast eroding. I keep wondering why the Yoruba’s hardly invest outside their region, what are they afraid off please I need someone to tell me.
These bring me to the topic of resource control, all over the world the regions of countries reflects the wealth which lies underneath their soil, California is the richest state in America because most of the wealth created their are controlled and kept by the state , they only pay taxes to the center, likewise Andalusia, Catalonia, Barcelona in Spain, Bavaria in Germany, Scotland and England in the UK , sandton in South Africa just to name a few.
Nigeria needs true federalism and resource control to develop.
When it was suggested in the house of assembly and the senate that oil companies should relocate their head offices to their region of operations Yoruba senators where vehemently opposed to it, I wonder what their reasons were, you cannot be extracting oil from a place and be paying taxes from your headquarters to another place, it doesn’t make sense .
Texas is the largest oil producing state in the USA and that is were you will find the head offices of most oil firms , if each state in Nigeria controls their resources and a new political system is introduced to make it difficult for politicians to steal, I bet you these country will develop so fast, a system were corrupt politicians are jailed and punished etc Brazil, South Korea, south Africa, USA, Europe and a system were the six regions in the country can have a Governor General () overseeing the states, with someone like Peter obi being the in the south east and Atiku can be the in the Northeast and kwankwaso In the NW etc these will reduce lots of tensions and ethnic hatred, and it will make each regions to strategize and bring about development they will be begging for investors to come to their regions even if it is local, I BELIEVE POWER IN THE CENTER SHOULD BE DISSIPATED AND NOT CONSOLIDATED each region should be given the chance to grow at their own pace these will bring about a lasting peace and unity, the issue of indigenes and settlers should be resolved also, we have Nigerians holding political offices in other countries but we cannot tolerate ourselves holding political offices in our regions
Obama’s father was a Kenyan , yet he became the president of the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth, there is too much hatred, illiteracy, backwardness, poverty and underdevelopment in this country countries like India have various languages yet they are ahead of us.
Daily we read on social media how ibos and Yorubas are always at each other’s throat , even before this election, let us practice true federalism and resource control and dissipate more powers to the regions you will see how the hatred we have for each other will disappear .
Again each states should be allowed to fix the term limit and salaries of each governor’s we are running a unitary system that has outlived its usefulness.
Yoruba’s should not be afraid of ibo’s taking over there land they should be more concerned
About bringing developments to their region and ibo’s should not be afraid of not ruling these country they have been at the helm of affairs before , including being the governor of Lagos state ebitu ukiwe and Udubusi Kanu , they have been army chief, naval chiefs, IGP, Vice President, foreign ministers, secretary to the government, central bank governors and many more posts.
Northerners should not be afraid of resource control since they have discovered oil in their region
Yoruba’s should not be afraid even as they have not discovered oil in their region, we have not heard anything concerning the one discovered in Lagos, I pray each regions discover oil so that we can continue to live in peace

Watch out for my next topic the similarities in language between ibo’s and Yoruba’s eg eti means ear in Yoruba and nti in ibo , enu means mouth in Yoruba and onu in ibo , imu means nose in Yoruba and imi in ibo language
@leviaka is a social commentator

2 Likes

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by sogodihno: 3:39am On Apr 08, 2023
Thrash and balderdash.

Useless write up

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by DenreleDave(m): 3:57am On Apr 08, 2023
Ibos sha want to take south south by force..... The resource control is so much based on SS oil....

They want to invade SS should we ever go separate..

Never

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Ireportlive: 3:59am On Apr 08, 2023
cool

Leading the call for dissolution of power are SouthWest Leaders, they are actively vocal on resource control and true federalism

Lagos State owns Major Stake in its own Oil and Gas Company and only pays Royalty to FG

Ondo State under Mimiko had a State owned Oil Company before divesting later

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Mindlog: 4:04am On Apr 08, 2023
DenreleDave:
Ibos sha want to take south south by force..... The resource control is so much based on SS oil....

They want to invade SS should we ever go separate..

Never

Invade SS because people in that region are dumb and helpless or what? The same SS who have their militants that have caused the FG headaches is what another region wants to "invade"? shocked

SS don't need you to speak for them, they have been agitating for resource control way back Obasanjo's Presidency!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by DenreleDave(m): 4:06am On Apr 08, 2023
Mindlog:

Invade SS because people in that region are dumb and helpless or what? The same SS who have their militants that have caused the FG headaches is what another region wants to "invade"? shocked

SS don't need you to speak for them, they have been agitating for resource control way back Obasanjo's Presidency!

I hope so oooo... Make SE no go invade una oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Mindlog: 4:19am On Apr 08, 2023
DenreleDave:

I hope so oooo... Make SE no go invade una oooo

Don't hope anything, set àwón defender of South-south.

Let Nigeria practice true Federalism and have power less concentrated in Abuju. I am glad that electricity generation, transmission and distribution have been removed from the Exclusive list, let Nigerians be told the excuses why Governors across Nigeria can not see to it that their State's residents have access to steady power supply.
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Felimax(m): 4:20am On Apr 08, 2023
South West are more afraid of Resource Control than any region in this country.
In a span of just two years maximum, Resource Control will deplete the Country like mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by DenreleDave(m): 4:23am On Apr 08, 2023
Mindlog:

Don't hope anything, set àwón defender of South-south.

Let Nigeria practice true Federalism and have power less concentrated in Abuju. I am glad that electricity generation, transmission and distribution have been removed from the Exclusive list, let Nigerians be told the excuses why Governors across Nigeria can not see to it that their State's residents have access to steady power supply.

SS can't withstand SE if them invade them..

Only the Yorubas and hausas know how to deal with igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by DenreleDave(m): 4:23am On Apr 08, 2023
Felimax:
In a span of just two years maximum, Resource Control will deplete the Country like mad.

Tears of an ipòb obidient igbo grin grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by NaijaGoBetter2: 4:49am On Apr 08, 2023
The simple response to this write-up is that Ibo is not accommodating to themselves not to talk of outsiders.

1. Most Ibo prefer to carry their investment to either Yoruba or Hausaland

2. Hardly, you will see a Hausa man or Yoruba man that makes it in Iboland

3. People like Indimi, TY Danjuma, Adenuga, Theophilus Danjuma, Auwalu Abdullahi Rano, and Tunde folawiyo, who we all know that they make their fortune from "oyè moni" still prefer to site their business fare away from where Iboland.

4. Ibo don't have respect for other tribes in Nigeria, they believe they are better than other tribes.

5. They hate Muslims and they don't hide it. Even the Hausa tribe that we all know that they have the majority of Muslims in Nigeria will never come to the public to declare war again Christ.

6. Nigeria will not separate and there won't be any war, nothing like Yoruba nation or Biafra.

7. Ibo should learn how to live with other tribes in peace and know they can only become President of Nigeria with NEGOTIATION not by FORCE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Holyfic: 5:17am On Apr 08, 2023
Beacause they have no resources to control. Lazy pricks....one day e go be for this con3, how can you site your hq far away from where you drill your oil nor be juju be that embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by seanfer(m): 5:23am On Apr 08, 2023
There was resource control before the first coup of 1966. The regions were doing well with their resources and development is everywhere until Aguinyi Ironsi introduced decree 4 and a unitary government because some people from a particular part of the country will benefit from it, now nobody should complain.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Difrent: 5:33am On Apr 08, 2023
Holyfic:
Beacause they have no resources to control. Lazy pricks....one day e go be for this con3, how can you site your hq far away from where you drill your oil nor be juju be that embarassed

Be frank and fair.
Why did the oil companies relocate to outside the niger delta?
I remember Warri back in the days when it was fine to kidnap oil workers for ransom...first it was whites getting kidnapped...when the white were no longer available the black top management became targets when those were not available then they turned on eachother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Raskimonojendor: 5:36am On Apr 08, 2023
Afraid? Abeg, try another lie.

South West governors have been actively pushing for more autonomy, more region type government and resource control. OP must have been living under a rock.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/12/swest-govs-propose-six-regions-seek-resource-control/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by theophorus(m): 5:40am On Apr 08, 2023
Which Region. Has come out to ask for Resource Control?

I am for Resource Control and the reason is simple: We all can't be sharing the SS Oyel Money while others keep their Cow money and Cocoa money without bring it to Abuja for sharing.

Make we practice True Federalism.

But any region where there leaders have not ask for RC should not claim others are scared of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Mindlog: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2023
DenreleDave:

SS can't withstand SE if them invade them..

Only the Yorubas and hausas know how to deal with igbos

Invade the Binis, itsekiris, Ijaws, Urhobos. Anaangs, Isokos, Efiks, Ishans etc?

It seems you and your cohorts have limited knowledge of tribes outside the Yorubas and the Hausa/Fulanis, reason it is so easy to address someone who is Ukelle as "omo ibo".

I guess part of the Yorubas and Hausas knowing how to deal with the igbos, is making sure that children from Anambra, Enugu and Imo who receives same education like other Nigerian children are meant to score higher in order to pass the same national common entrance exams? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Ttalk: 6:33am On Apr 08, 2023
This trash doesn't deserve a response as the author sounds like one Alexis who used to disturb nairaland with his useless opinion.

An Ibo guy doesn't have the gut to discuss resource control when their fathers were the ones that aborted regional government.

Today none of their governor support state control of the VAT when SW and SS are clamoring for it. SE is all about noise, intimidation, killing, and chest-beating, they are at par with NE when it comes to relevance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by sapele914(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2023
leviaka:
Dear nairalanders, please I need your genuine opinions on this topic, @leviaka is a social commentator, I hope these topic get to the front page. My contribution is to make these
country more United and prosperous

Seun, mynd44

Nigeria as we know has not reached its full potential, economically, and militarily, when compared to countries like turkey, Brazil, India, South Korea, Taiwan, what these countries have in common is there will and seriousness to develop.
We cannot say same for Nigeria, a country full of ethnic hatred, and poverty, and a political system which tends to serve the rich only, these concluded presidential election has opened to the surface the deep hatred we have for each other.
My Igbo brothers are now thinking of relocating their businesses to the east and eventually settling down there, cousins that are living abroad are trying to sell all there properties in Lagos and investing in the east as a result of the fallout of these election, they see Lagos as bad economic investment, with the way the Yoruba’s are behaving, the brotherhood of all ethnic nationality's is fast eroding. I keep wondering why the Yoruba’s hardly invest outside their region, what are they afraid off please I need someone to tell me.
These bring me to the topic of resource control, all over the world the regions of countries reflects the wealth which lies underneath their soil, California is the richest state in America because most of the wealth created their are controlled and kept by the state , they only pay taxes to the center, likewise Andalusia, Catalonia, Barcelona in Spain, Bavaria in Germany, Scotland and England in the UK , sandton in South Africa just to name a few.
Nigeria needs true federalism and resource control to develop.
When it was suggested in the house of assembly and the senate that oil companies should relocate their head offices to their region of operations Yoruba senators where vehemently opposed to it, I wonder what their reasons were, you cannot be extracting oil from a place and be paying taxes from your headquarters to another place, it doesn’t make sense .
Texas is the largest oil producing state in the USA and that is were you will find the head offices of most oil firms , if each state in Nigeria controls their resources and a new political system is introduced to make it difficult for politicians to steal, I bet you these country will develop so fast, a system were corrupt politicians are jailed and punished etc Brazil, South Korea, south Africa, USA, Europe and a system were the six regions in the country can have a Governor General () overseeing the states, with someone like Peter obi being the in the south east and Atiku can be the in the Northeast and kwankwaso In the NW etc these will reduce lots of tensions and ethnic hatred, and it will make each regions to strategize and bring about development they will be begging for investors to come to their regions even if it is local, I BELIEVE POWER IN THE CENTER SHOULD BE DISSIPATED AND NOT CONSOLIDATED each region should be given the chance to grow at their own pace these will bring about a lasting peace and unity, the issue of indigenes and settlers should be resolved also, we have Nigerians holding political offices in other countries but we cannot tolerate ourselves holding political offices in our regions
Obama’s father was a Kenyan , yet he became the president of the most prosperous and powerful nation on earth, there is too much hatred, illiteracy, backwardness, poverty and underdevelopment in this country countries like India have various languages yet they are ahead of us.
Daily we read on social media how ibos and Yorubas are always at each other’s throat , even before this election, let us practice true federalism and resource control and dissipate more powers to the regions you will see how the hatred we have for each other will disappear .
Again each states should be allowed to fix the term limit and salaries of each governor’s we are running a unitary system that has outlived its usefulness.
Yoruba’s should not be afraid of ibo’s taking over there land they should be more concerned
About bringing developments to their region and ibo’s should not be afraid of not ruling these country they have been at the helm of affairs before , including being the governor of Lagos state ebitu ukiwe and Udubusi Kanu , they have been army chief, naval chiefs, IGP, Vice President, foreign ministers, secretary to the government, central bank governors and many more posts.
Northerners should not be afraid of resource control since they have discovered oil in their region
Yoruba’s should not be afraid even as they have not discovered oil in their region, we have not heard anything concerning the one discovered in Lagos, I pray each regions discover oil so that we can continue to live in peace

Watch out for my next topic the similarities in language between ibo’s and Yoruba’s eg eti means ear in Yoruba and nti in ibo , enu means mouth in Yoruba and onu in ibo , imu means nose in Yoruba and imi in ibo language
@leviaka is a social commentator

Absolute Nonsense, this is Nigeria, learn to respect the laws of your land, ie, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 As Amended.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by sapele914(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2023
theophorus:

I am for Resource Control and the reason is simple: We all can't be sharing the SS Oyel Money while others keep their Cow money and Cocoa money without bring it to Abuja for sharing.

But any region where there leaders have not ask for RC should not claim others are scared of it.
Nonsensical gist, which resource control? ie Delta State has collected the highest allocation from the Federal Government for the last 8 years, nothing to show, Even ordinary primary school they cannot build?

Resource control indeed, even to separate local governments account from the State, the state governments endorsed by their House of Assembly (Same people you voted for representing you) refused?

It is always the ones that have failed with nothing to show again, that will be making unguarded useless imaginative statements like you did.
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 08, 2023
At this juncture I have to conclude there's some congenital defect that makes these people either lack sense, lose their memory, or both. As in, every living thing in Nigeria with any form of brain (even as tiny as that of a housefly) knows that the Yorubas have always been in the forefront of the fight for restructuring (which resource control is a big part of). And one now woke up to read this. Is it hate, traditional stupidity, or what will one say is responsible for this kind of reasoning (I know. Reasoning is never part of what those people consider as necessary).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 08, 2023
Felimax:

They are more afraid of resource control, and have been the most vocal about restructuring? As in, what do you guys get fed with in that your region? It sure affects your reasoning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by tamdun: 7:14am On Apr 08, 2023
The last confab held by Jonathan's administration,it was only south west delegates that supported SS on resource control,the SE delegates did nothing to support it,do ur research boy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 08, 2023
Difrent:

Be frank and fair.
Why did the oil companies relocate to outside the niger delta?
I remember Warri back in the days when it was fine to kidnap oil workers for ransom...first it was whites getting kidnapped...when the white were no longer available the black top management became targets when those were not available then they turned on eachother.

Just wait. He will tell you OPC we're the ones doing the kidnapping. These people are very queer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by sapele914(m): 7:17am On Apr 08, 2023
theophorus:

Then advocate for Local Governments to control their resources, then most likely after that, you will want if natural resources is found in your backyard the owner of the land, should keep the oil, gas, gold etc, because it was your fore fathers that planted the natural resources in the earth?

Lazy way of thinking.
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Afraid? Abeg, try another lie.

South West governors have been actively pushing for more autonomy, more region type government and resource control. OP must have been living under a rock.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/12/swest-govs-propose-six-regions-seek-resource-control/

He's not been living under any rock. He's from a region where anytime they hear the word "Yoruba", they totally lose the remaining few braincells they have functioning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Godfullsam(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2023
What is this OP saying?

The south west governors and law makers have been talking about resources control and local government autonomy.

How can the OP say the south west is afraid of resources control? Is he normal?

May be it is the north and the south east that were afraid of resources control and true federalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by nairalanda1(m): 7:38am On Apr 08, 2023
Because resource control would leave every other part of Nigeria, except for oil producing areas, impoverished, and that includes a lot of Igboland.

If we want to struictly apply resource control....that means that only states that produce oil get to control their resources...and that means Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia lose out. Anambra, probably, Imo probably, but both states do not produce as much oil as say Rivers or Bayelsa.

That is why many people calling for resource control also want the old regions back. But that also means that the arguments for resource control would be centralized in the regions...meaning that the Eastern region would face a debate over whether revenue from oil should be controlled by the region vs the actual area the oil is produced.

Let's not even forget the war that would ensue for resources if resource control is implemented

What Nigeria needs though is fiscal discipline, more taxation, and eventually resource control , but only for areas that produce the resource, and not the region or whole state.
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by AfonjaConehead: 7:42am On Apr 08, 2023
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by AfonjaConehead: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2023
sapele914 PARASITE:
Then advocate for Local Governments to control their resources, then most likely after that, you will want if natural resources is found in your backyard the owner of the land, should keep the oil, gas, gold etc, because it was your fore fathers that planted the natural resources in the earth?
parasitic way of thinking
Lazy way of thinking.
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by Holyfic: 8:14am On Apr 08, 2023
What of the pre kidnapping era, what is Chevron hq looking for in Lekki that they cannot find in warri or port Harcourt. Hostilities have die down for a long time, so what are they still waiting for, make de go open offshore and oil rig for Lagos na
Re: Why Is South West Nigeria And The Core North Afraid Of Resource Control ? by demmie1: 8:47am On Apr 08, 2023
Southwest leaders have been calling for regionalism in the senate, is it not northern and eastern senators that have been voting against it?
This op is an idiot

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

LP Thugs Are Seeing Carting Away With Their Primary Elections Materials In IMO / Court Sacks MC Oluomo’s Park Committee In Lagos, Reinstates RTEAN / Datti Baba-ahmed Calls On Buhari, CJN To Boycott Tinubu’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.