Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game (80335 Views)

Lampard Records The Worst Point-Per-Game of any Manager Under The Abramovich Era / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests / See How Much Referees Are Paid In The Top Five European Leagues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by obembet(f): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Officials at the top end of the game receive a lot of negative attention from managers and media, but how much do they earn for their troubles?

Being a referee is one of the most difficult jobs in football. Every decision you make is analysed and scrutinised by managers, players and fans.

Even the addition of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) has not made things easier, with plenty of controversy surrounding the new technology designed to limit mistakes.

Some of the Premier League's best known referees have gone on to officiate in World Cups and European Championships, with Howard Webb becoming the first person to referee both the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same year.

Source: https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1644918071176450048?t=zYwJdy0XXVVEQAUwjGXVEg&s=19

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Westerhoffe(m): 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Let's be honest, referees run along with the ball.
If they don't then it's not a match they're refereeing.

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.

464 Likes 38 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Raymeskey: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small

346 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Septagon: 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by internationalman(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2023
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by obembet(f): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

My dear, they are not spending naira in UK or any part of European countries, they spend same way they earn. They are tax alone fan pay some of us salary here if we convert it.

269 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by internationalman(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:

Well it's a game a week or 2 games a week if there's games in midweek.

Now multiply the salary by 2 and compare it to the salary of an average player which is around 60 to 70k a week.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by marveledje(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
You guys should stop comparing with players salary... Is it the referees that fans pay thousands of pounds to come and watch or the players

Y don't you guys just take in information wisely and stop grumbling and complaining at every chance you get..

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by ominilongest(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
Lol.I got paid nuts per game compared to my Child's mate running the same length of field and you expect me not to collect bribe
I see.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Fans did not pay to watch referee

34 Likes

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by zenyt: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Thanks for the analysis
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by seunlayi(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
Inec
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Shellsploit: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
I can bet with my left auricle that Nigeria premiere league referees wont earn up to N18,500 (39$) per match angry

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Misterc(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by BinamRex: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:

Convert it to naira? Are they going to come to Nigeria to spend the money?

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by inoki247: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
How much dem dey Pay Nigeria Refree...

I dey sure say e no go pass 2500 with free slap from mad fans...

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
There is more to this story.

I don't believe this is all they receive.

There must be some sort of hooge bonus they receive, aside this weekly payments.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by adisabarber(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Refereeing is a hobby, playing football is a profession. Most referees have other sources of livelihood

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Besto(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:

Do they spend it in Naira?

Yousef reason well nuu.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by FalseProphet1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
So with all the noise English media make all the time about the EPL, their referees earn the lowest. Anyways it's better than Nigeria, over here they earn less than 10k per game, that's why they easily collect bribe from the home team.

This I have seen.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by shopwiser: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.
typical 9ja mentality lol.. but who told you they aren't doing it.. oyinbo go fix match for you e go look surreal

5 Likes

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Draslo(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Still get relevance pass the highest paid players soon as na 11vs11

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by MasterJayJay: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Which race? No supporter comes to see a referee. They came to see goals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Iceberg3: 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Haba!!! Do they have to score goals or defend with their lives,do they collect dangerous slide tackles from Pepe,ibrahimovic,Roy Keane?

Do they create calamities like some calamity goal keepers like a certain onetime calamity James?

Again age ain't against them unlike football players.
And finally people all over the world watch the game of football and the skilful players, nobody watches referees nah!

8 Likes

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by TrumpDonald2: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
I don't want to believe this is true. Maybe basic wage, but this can't be all they get for a match

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by peacettw: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

My thoughts exactly. Why are they paid so little? I don't care for football but even i know that a good referee is vital in any match..

It seems unfair

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Investorozay: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
looks small, they can fix matches with this

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raymeskey:
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small
referee work is more of hobby they all have their professions apart from the referee work...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.