Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game (80339 Views)

Lampard Records The Worst Point-Per-Game of any Manager Under The Abramovich Era / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests / See How Much Referees Are Paid In The Top Five European Leagues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

Goal keeper to get Red Card😂

The odd dey high die. Any opportunity given If the goal keeper mistakenly delay to kick the ball at goal kick post.

Na red card straight😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Slickest(m): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
;
inoki247:
How much dem dey Pay Nigeria Refree...

I dey sure say e no go pass 2500 with free slap from mad fans...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by brainhgeek(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
obembet:
Officials at the top end of the game receive a lot of negative attention from managers and media, but how much do they earn for their troubles?

Being a referee is one of the most difficult jobs in football. Every decision you make is analysed and scrutinised by managers, players and fans.

Even the addition of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) has not made things easier, with plenty of controversy surrounding the new technology designed to limit mistakes.

Some of the Premier League's best known referees have gone on to officiate in World Cups and European Championships, with Howard Webb becoming the first person to referee both the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same year.

Source: https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1644918071176450048?t=zYwJdy0XXVVEQAUwjGXVEg&s=19

This is mystery. To think that referees cover more distance than any player on the field. This fee is embarrassing
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Zane2point4(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:
Too small compared to what players received weekly. I mean most of these referees cover more ground on the pitch than some of my darlin Chelsea players like Lotus Cheek and Kai Harvertz.

They are lucky I ain't a referee. I would have been making up for this meager salary by influencing the match I'm going to officiate. All I would have had to do was give money to someone else to stake on the match I'm officiating.. I would influence the result in favour of my bet in the least noticeable way.

Hahahhahahahh jeez see bizz
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Godwin4444: 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?
so they will come n spend d money in Nigeria right?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by obi4eze(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
EPL is a very stingy league.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Goalnaldo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
To be a referee con dey hungry me... I will stake over 4.5 cards in any derby match i officiate and 1.5 for normal matches. Hahaha
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Naustine(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Let's be honest, referees run along with the ball.
If they don't then it's not a match they're refereeing.

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.

Do they received tackles and suffer concussions like players?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by sevenhundred(m): 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
internationalman:

Well it's a game a week or 2 games a week if there's games in midweek.

Now multiply the salary by 2 and compare it to the salary of an average player which is around 60 to 70k a week.
then multilply by years of services, then tell me who earn more.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by HomeTutorsPro: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny. have u converted it to naira? do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?
We don't need to convert their wages to naira because they don't spend the money in naira.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by charlsecy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
have u converted it to naira?
How do you think?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by toprealman: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Ain't this too small compared to footballers', knowing they both run same race around the pitch…

Modified: To those quoting me asking which race are they running around the pitch?

Normal if they have other businesses or source of income, but still it's still quite low compared to footballers'.
Doesn't work like that. Most of them are professionals. Referee gig is a side.
If Nigeria can make political post a side gig, the transformation will be remarkable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by internationalman(m): 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
sevenhundred:
then multilply by years of services, then tell me who earn more.

Not all referees have long careers
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by wallarwallar(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira?do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

Convert to naira so d money wud be spend in Nigeria... Poverty is a serious disease
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Manna4Gurls: 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
After remembering how much they got paid, they vent the whole frustrations on the players grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by pquaver(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
obembet:

My dear, they are not spending naira in UK or any part of European countries, they spend same way they earn. They are tax alone fan pay some of us salary here if we convert it.

Nlfpmod

Per game ooo not per month.. That amount (per game) is normal monthly salary in Europe for people working 8hrs a day for 5 days in a week oooand u r talking.. Atleast I can talk that of Germany.. So in a month u have 4wks that means if they refree atleast 4 games a month that is €14400 euros a month.. Oga park one side ooo engineer sef no dey see that kind money unless u dey Leitung postion and have experience

1 Like

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by kareemkamil(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
British payment is poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Angelfrost(m): 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
That's not bad... Still can be improved upon!
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by CodeTemplar: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
do they drink sachet water or is PHCN their electricity supplier? Any small thing you carry calculator and start converting to naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Angelfrost(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Please, calm down sir!

Players are paid so much because they drive revenue in games from tickets to partnership deals down to betting and streaming or viewing services!

They are the star attractions of every game! The Ballers are the Money, so you pay them to make them pay you even more!

Something called fattening the goose that lays the golden eggs!

They are the real investment!

People don't pump all that insane money into sports just to see the best of officiating (as important as this is)!

Maybe you should equally make a case for Ball boys, security officers, pitch wardens, etc. grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by mrblessed(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
The peanuts given as salaries are the reason refereeing is a part-time job.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Slurity(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
why convert it to naira when they are not Nigerians? The reasonable way to check thiss is by comparing to other salaries in same business and same country.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by HimName: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
That laliga referee will surely be well paid.

He dishes card like no tomorrow... Make more money for the FA.

He went to Qatar and got fried.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by amstamon: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Flowerpearl:
No wonder footballers disrespect them

This is so heartbreaking, Nigerians are truly suffering in this hard times.. may God touch the heart of a good samaritan to help you dear
Dey play
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by frank155(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:
You guys above saying its too small.u guys are funny.have u converted it to naira? do u know how many games they officiate in three months?do u know abt allowances?

What a stupid thing to say.
What concerns them with Naira?
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by bbfanboy01: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
obi4eze:
EPL is a very stingy league.

EPL PAYS THEIR REFS YEARLY RETAINTION FEE AND STIL PAY DEM PER GAME. OTHERS DONT PAY SUCH TO THEIR REFS THE REFS ONLY GET PER GAME.
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Daviddoma(m): 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
obembet:
Officials at the top end of the game receive a lot of negative attention from managers and media, but how much do they earn for their troubles?

Being a referee is one of the most difficult jobs in football. Every decision you make is analysed and scrutinised by managers, players and fans.

Even the addition of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) has not made things easier, with plenty of controversy surrounding the new technology designed to limit mistakes.

Some of the Premier League's best known referees have gone on to officiate in World Cups and European Championships, with Howard Webb becoming the first person to referee both the Champions League final and the World Cup final in the same year.

Source: https://twitter.com/FrankKhalidUK/status/1644918071176450048?t=zYwJdy0XXVVEQAUwjGXVEg&s=19
No wonder England ref misbehave
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by OSDD(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
That septagon guy ehn... e don too collect🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by jimmychang: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Septagon:

Which kind thinking be this ? grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by davillian(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Football is a high risk job...
So they would be paid handsomely....
Referees face little or no risk officiating a game
But on a serious note they make good money
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by Truvelisback(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raymeskey:
Is this what the Refs are earning with all the troubles in EPL?

If this is true, it's too small
English referees earning is even the poorest. grin
Re: How Much Referees Get Paid Per Game by hardbody: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Same referees don't come through for all the matches, unlike players who are meant to be available for ALL the matches of their team, whether or not they play. I think another way of analysing your argument is to say if the referees gat paid this amount (calculated as X) and a single referee appears in all the matches played (y) then (X.Y) will represent what should be their linear pay. Will you still think it is low?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Intl Stadium Opening – PROGRAMME OF EVENT / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.