Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Put Books In The Christmas Hampers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Put Books In The Christmas Hampers (2050 Views)

Where Can I Download Story Books In PDF FORMAT?? / We Need To Read More Books In Nigeria / We Need To Write And Publish More Books In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by Orikinla(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2007
Put Books in the Christmas Hampers

The Christmas Season is here again and Christmas is always the season for thanksgivings to God and in celebration of the greatest love of all, Jesus Christ; to share our joys with members of our families, friends, business partners, associates, customers and well- wishers by exchanging greetings and gifts.

The gift packs and hampers are often filled with delicious chocolates, candies, cookies, and other goodies such as bottles of wine, toiletries, etc. And we are so excited to open the boxes of Christmas gifts even before the Boxing Day!

Let us do something new this Christmas Season, and add new kind of gifts in the Christmas hampers and gift packs. Give gifts and presents that will last longer and keep the sweet memories of the season with us as long as we cherish and wish. And good books are some of the best and great gifts to share, because books are beautiful and wonderful to read and enjoy for long. Books would be beautiful and wonderful to see in our Christmas hampers and gift packs.
So, put books in the Christmas hampers!
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by cammax7(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2007
Great idea. that could go some wa in resuscitating the dying reading culture in the country presently. i think the only gifts i want to receive now on are books. birthday, christmas, whatever, just buy me a good read.
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by Orikinla(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2007
cammax7:

Great idea. that could go some wa in resuscitating the dying reading culture in the country presently. i think the only gifts i want to receive now on are books. birthday, christmas, whatever, just buy me a good read.

Cammax,
I have already forwarded this post to the banks in Nigeria.

Nigerian companies spend over $1, 000, 000 on Christmas hampers and other gifts during the yuletide and if they include one or two Nigerian books in every Christmas hamper, that will go a long way to boost appreciation of Nigerian literature.
And we don't even have many Nigerian authors in Nigeria.
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by Banderas(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hahaha. This is a good idea, but seriously, it's not going to happen. Books for christmas? Only we true geeks will appreciate that sort of thing.
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by lawuyi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2007
Orikinla, Nice one. That's about one of the better ideas i've found on nairaland.
We need to get our people reading more. NICE ONE MATE
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by Orikinla(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2010
Lest we forget.
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by slap1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2010
Nice idea, bro.
Re: Put Books In The Christmas Hampers by Orikinla(m): 11:15am On Dec 07, 2010
I got a big hamper of gifts last month, but nothing to read in it.

(1) (Reply)

Join In And Add Your Own Bit To This Story! / Perfect Flaws / Ways You Can Earn Money With Your Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.