Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (46048 Views)

โ€œI Donโ€™t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Childrenโ€ - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by ElexObi1: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
making u proud with what. Does that reduce d price of gari in d market.

Must it reduce the price of garri in the market? Read again
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

Bookworms study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), not fiction writing. STEM is what makes some countries being classified as developed and some as underdeveloped, not story writing.

You're a big fool. Which internationally recognised STEM scholar is part of your useless Tinubu attack dog ensemble?

And if you weren't so stupid, you'll know that thought - or philosophy - which encompasses to some extent written ideas, is the father and instigator of the sciences and everything else that constitutes the bedrock of modern civilization. Only a Tinubu hireling like you would utter this rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by JoshTim: 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

Yawnโ€ฆ

I hate fools and imps

Next !

Lol, you hate fool but you talk like one. This uncultured Buffon.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BombAttack(f): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
the heat is too much for all of you on Twitter. U come nairaland.

Na our daughter, go and look for Kemi Adeosun ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคช
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hyperchi:
Na him one thug tink say Biden no go take a latter serious like first edition of her book.
You people talk too much. That is your major problem. So for your mind because of her childish letter, Biden will now come and cane Nigeria federal government. U no see u be mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by TheMostComplex1: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
She's not yet 40 years old
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odin13: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
JoshTim:

Lol, you hate fool but you talk like one. This uncultured Buffon.

Person call himself fool na him know

Next!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by imam07: 7:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Who dash her honorary doctorate from Harvard?

It is Haverford College that gave her honorary doctorate, not Harvard.

nah u dey mind dos fools.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Spiritualsdeeps: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Comelysync:
I know an illiterate chief in Lagos that has over 10 honorary doctorate degrees... Abeg you guys should rest with this Chiamanda case.... She goofed big time with her letter to Biden. Silence sometimes is golden.
She did not...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by histemple: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Is there no limit to bitterness and hatred in the face of incontrovertible fact,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Spiritualsdeeps: 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
nah u dey mind dos fools.
Moderator, This Member is Addressing another Member as Fools
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by eeetuk(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
"Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees"

Just honorable degrees! The truth is not single one of those is an academic degree. Personally, I have many degrees Just for attending seminars. That does not make me an expert in those areas. So, I know how it feels to embrace someone based on tribal background, but don't allow tribalism to influence your views about who Chimamanda is. She is not a super woman. She is someone Just like you and I.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by freemanq(m): 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
When she talks world leaders listens
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by JudasNaKarrot: 7:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
That white haired cultist will kill himself upon seeing this. All the unknown Professors supporting the Drug Daddy because of ethnic sentiments will forever hide their faces....

Chimamanda na una mate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chinjo2:
Take it or leave it. When it comes to literature, Chimamanda no be wole soyinka mate at all.

Blasphemy!

Stop comparing Jesus Christ with Portable.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by eyinjuege: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
u cant school in abroad and I respect u. Schooling in abroad is easier. I respect Phd holder in naija than telling me u got your Phd in UK.. So don't come here and be giving foolish rating.
Person wey get pas for university in Nigeria will get first class in Yankee

PhD abroad is legit
You can be sure all plagiarism will be detected.
You have resources available too.
Because you suffer more, does not make your research superior cheesy
However, in this particular case it doesn't apply, as they are non academic degrees
They are all honorary degrees, a recognition of her contribution to the art of literature
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Where is Prof. Yemi Oke, Lai M'hD and Festus Keyamo . What are thier pedigree globally.

Chimamada has extended her hands for the debate Prof. Soyinka is asking for.
The old Noble Laurate now suffering from cognitive impairment has gone into hiding.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Comelysync: 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2023
Spiritualsdeeps:
She did not...
your opinion.. My opinion... Still it does not change anything
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Justpassingby45(m): 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Thank God no Nigeria ( Drug Barron) president Select is attached to her name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
imam07:
u cant school in abroad and I respect u. Schooling in abroad is easier. I respect Phd holder in naija than telling me u got your Phd in UK.. So don't come here and be giving foolish rating.
Person wey get pas for university in Nigeria will get first class in Yankee
Sharrap and go and hide your face in shame .
I am a product of post graduate degree both in Nigeria and overseas. Nigeria post graduate qualifications is below standard overseas. I have both.
Any where you see Havard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge , MIT, Princeton University products. Commot your cap for them.
They control World Bank, IMF, UN and any world organizations or union. Thier alumni are like cult groups. That's why China has to send thier kids there to become among world leading economy. They are so many things una no understand in this world. No be to dey make tribal noise on social media.
We know how the world is run.
Why do you think Ngozi okonjo can penetrate anywhere in the world. Adewumi, Amina Mohammed, Sanusi, Soludo check thier CVs . you go know why.
Universities and certificates work by University rankings globally.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by mechanics(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
She's making us proud
Yes o, she's extremely brilliant.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by mpire: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chinjo2:
Take it or leave it. When it comes to literature, Chimamanda no be wole soyinka mate at all.

The year is not even half way, but you're arguably the dum.best guy on NL. What makes you iiidiots so Stu.pid that you don't know your fcckn history? Why are most of you on NL so retttarded? How would any sane person compare this girl with Soyinka? Has Boko haram bombed all your schools?

It's obvious NL has become the gathering of the stuupidest people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hyperchi:
Na him one thug tink say Biden no go take a latter serious like first edition of her book.

Why do you think the attacks on her were vicious? APC no be mumu's they know who carry weight.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Icrave4u: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
This woman is morethan soyinka both academically and her qualifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:

See all the degrees. Be like Soyinka na small boy where she dey.

Blasphemy!

Stop comparing Jesus Christ with Portable.

Soyinka is God of literature.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Lionstep: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Let's see your own

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by nonhuman(m): 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
easy bro
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
Icrave4u:
This woman is morethan soyinka both academically and her qualifications.

Blasphemy!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Maksky(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good news to be recognised but we should remember it's just honorary degree and not PHD? Even my people for here wey no go university dey pack am. She is exceptional thus the recognition.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by DLSReigns: 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Is it that Nigerian Universities don't award honorary degrees to people like her? Oh, I forgot she isn't a politician!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Yoighaman(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Haverford College is listed as number 15, Harvard, number 1.

Which one have you been honored with in Nigeria? Not to talk of overseas.

Learn to celebrate success and not envy such people, that is the only way to attain such heights. You repel what you hate or envy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jewels Of Africa / Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail / How Gbenga Found Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.