Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (46042 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by floret23(f): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
bonnyhope:

It is character that defines a lady's beauty
You are right. She is a woman of character, beauty and brain. She is a pride of Africa.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by ictplotter(m): 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Men this one Na bookworm, she goes to school for a living.....
Honorary not academic PhD.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by suckmedownthere(f): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
ictplotter:

Honorary not academic PhD.
Thanks I get it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by magzey: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
Who her Honorary epp ? Can it put food on my table?

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

Seun Mynd44 lalasticlala

This is it..

If Una want dash him 2 days

This kind of nonsense is all over Nairaland.. without qualms

Those of you that are comparing Shimamanda to Soyinka are guilty of blasphemy.

Y'all should be banned for life!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by globalview(m): 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
All this are bitterness against Asiwaju, nothing can change it! Instead for all these Igbo intellectuals sons and daughters to start negotiating and making friends across region and zones they are fanning embers of war, hatred and unreliability.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
floret23:
You are right. She is a woman of character, beauty and brain. She is a pride of Africa.

Pride of IPOB.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Amah70: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hussein035:

IPOB be informed that if chimamanda add another extra 18 degree she is still a student to Wole Soyinka as long as WS is holding the Nobel Laureate he is the number 1 in Nigeria according to the international community for literature.

I am sure chimamanda will still not achieve that prize because Igbo has some ego that will definitely affect them. She will definitely not be submissive to her superiors. I don't mean begging, I mean humility.

I know she will not get that price, academics is beyond I sabi book, if you are not humble you may be there in the circle for 20 years

Oduduwa Republic agitator who waved Oduduwa Republic flags on the ground of London's Chatham House in support of Tinubu as Tinubu spoke inside Chatham House;
talk is about the most backward, deceptive and fraudulent presidential election ever conducted in Nigeria, not about Chimamanda versus Soyinka.
Chimamanda never mentioned Soyinka of recent.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by adefitim(m): 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Excellent
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Bfly: 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
These didn't not take away her shortcomings
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Geopex(m): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hyperchi:
Na him one thug tink say Biden no go take a latter serious like first edition of her book.

No b only taking serious. Biden problem dey his neck, no b Biden dey feed Nigeria. Stop depending on them to make decisions.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

Bookworms study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), not fiction writing. STEM is what makes some countries being classified as developed and some as underdeveloped, not story writing.

Do you know who they call Joseph Spliglitz, Ben Benanki, Alan Greenspan, Ngozi okonjo just a few.
Find out what they studied and the impact they made .
Do you know why Nigerias debt was written off by Paris club during Obasanjo's regime.
Find out you go know why.
Do you know why Nigerias present debt can't be written off by thier creditors ??
That's the reason you need some sound people in your cabinet. This no be dey make tribal noise. A lot you don't know.
This same Peter Obi is a Havard alumni if you didn't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
anyination:
If u are hating on this woman..
Just know that she has achieve what your entire generation can not.

Yoruba Muslim!..this is not Tinubu drug barron

Wole Soyinka you all are hating on has achieved what no Igbo man dead or alive has ever achieved.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by IpobAntidote: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
floret23:
I'm a senseless Tribalist, no sane person should expect anything sensible from me.

FIXED. Couldn't agree more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by pagorino(m): 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Absolutely amazing ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CodeTemplar: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
While I consider this unnecessary, I think if a northerner achieved a fraction of this, the govt of Buhari would have at least congratulated such person.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by eyinjuege: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
JoshTim:

So you think you can pliagiarise dissertation/PhD thesis in Nigeria....you must have never tasted or get close to someone running a PhD in Nigeria. Even a masters work, you have to pass it through a pliagirarism software like Turnitin
That's good to know.
I'm an ancestor, so not up to date with the happenings in academic spaces in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
anyination:

Which soyinka...
Who know soyinka
Except west Africa..
Soyinka will hide his face in shame at the sight of this woman..

Werey re oh grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by HydraFeeds(m): 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Men this one Na bookworm, she goes to school for a living.....
it’s honorary.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by CodeTemplar: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

Bookworms study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), not fiction writing. STEM is what makes some countries being classified as developed and some as underdeveloped, not story writing.
You have a strong point but I doubt you would have said this if the achiever was one Adamu or Salisu Abubakar.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by tyinfinity: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chimamanda and her mushroom American local awards
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Akharmony: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
she is just exceptional. Kudos to all other woman investing in themselve positively. . Life itself comes with a cost and we must b will to pay the cost.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BOYS2MEN: 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Even senate president no get diz qualifications....some ppl candidate still dey struggle to force himself ontop Chicago university without nursery and primary to talk of secondary school trace.....Amanda nwannem nwanyi gaa n'ihu n'anyi sø gi eje...nwanyi k'ibe ya nmá...just Incase u no understand what I said...na ur fault🤷
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Odogwuzack: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
CSTRR:

Soyinka is not on her level at all.

She has made the level of impact on this world that soyinka cannot even dream of.

Mention those impacts. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by TalkingBird: 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nigeria and recent hatred sprue.
Kai!
It was not this bad na

See how did politicians do this?

Not surprised at all.

Leaders and those in authority make their followers slaves. It didn't start today
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hyperchi:
Na him one thug tink say Biden no go take a latter serious like first edition of her book.
Don't mind them. Letter wey Biden don laminate after reading as important document. Because Biden go done check her profile.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BastadThiefnubu: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
JoshTim:

Na Nobel laureate you insult like this...indeed Ibos are bastards who urinates on their elders
Igbos only respect noble elders who have regard for equity and fairness and not those traitors, selfish bastard cultists and beneficiaries of drug proceeds.

Only a brainless, terrible, wicked agbado starving. Impoverished, stomach infrastructure driven animals worship and respect criminals, cultists and their supporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Olowosaudi(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hahahaha....what has she donr with all these paper certificates? Sit in a foreign land and be regarded as a Second Class citizen? You think she is happy living in the abroad while people with less paper qualifications are being giving diplomatic recognitions whenever they travel abroad and they take decisions that affects your Businesses for countless generations. People from Southern Nigeria need to take a cue from the Hausa/Fulani people who do not come on social media to beat about their certificates or awards but are control king vital positions in government and making easterners go crazy every election cycle.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by chatinent: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
No comparisons. She's a legend. Soyinka is a legend too.

No bi every matter you go remember old matter.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MatrixCircle: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
JoshTim:

Na Nobel laureate you insult like this...indeed Ibos are bastards who urinates on their elders
The laurel is no longer Noble. It's messed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Gandrova: 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
The cultist is not fit to lace Chimamanda's sandals.
No need to argue with you because, you don't know what it takes to win Nobel prize
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by ibtommy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Who dash her honorary doctorate from Harvard?

It is Haverford College that gave her honorary doctorate, not Harvard.

Whatever....She deserves it. Let her be,please. It's her time to shine. Who no like good thing?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hearts and Hints Magazines / Jewels Of Africa / Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.