Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? (1226 Views)

Pastor Okezie Atani Has Been Released / Atani Anambra State; Tuesday Sit At Home Situational Report. / Gunmen Attack Atani Police Station In Anambra, Shoot 4 Officers Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
In January 2014, Peter Obi announced that his government spent N6.9bn to construct Atani-Ozubulu road. He even listed the road as part of his achievements but without any picture of the road

In January 2023, Governor Chukwuma Soludo announced the flag off for the construction of the same Atani-Ozubulu road. (see below the image of the flag-off).

The question I have for Peter Obi is simple, What happened to the N6.9bn he claimed to have spent for the same road project?

January 2014
The Anambra Government on Tuesday said it had spent N6.9 billion on the ongoing Atani-Ozubulu road project.

The state governor, Peter Obi, disclosed this at the ground-breaking ceremony of the N8.5 billion Distell Beverages Plant at Ozubulu Industrial Estate in Ekwusigo Local Government Area.

Mr. Obi said that the amount already spent on the road project was part of the N12 billion cost of the contract, explaining that the road had three bridges.

He said that the road was intended to boost industrialisation in the state, adding that when completed, it would link Atani Industrial Harbour, near Onitsha, to the industrial estate in Ozubulu.

On Distell Plant, Mr. Obi said that the facility was another direct foreign investment attracted by his administration. He said that since the beginning of this year, the state government had attracted foreign investment valued at more than N30 billion.

He disclosed that Distell was a partnership between the government and a South African beverage firm, explaining that the state would provide 10 per cent of the total cost.

He noted that due to the government’s effort at providing infrastructure around the state, especially in the industrial estates, more multinational companies were concluding arrangements to invest in the state.

TEXEM Advert
The governor urged Ozubulu community to cooperate with the company, warning that the government would not tolerate any form of distraction that would slow the pace of work on the project.

The Managing Director of the company, Richard Rushton, said that the company would commence construction of the plant as soon as all regulatory issues had been settled.

Mr. Rushton said the beverage that would be produced in the plant would include Cedars and “home-grown” brands.

He also said that the facility would create employment opportunities for indigenes of the state, adding that Anambra was chosen for investment by the company “because of government support and friendly environment”.

(NAN)
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/154171-anambra-spends-n6-9-billion-atani-ozubulu-road.html?tztc=1

January 2023
Governor Chukwuma Soludo has inaugurated the construction of the Atani-Ozubulu Road which is eleven point three kilometers.

The road which has a bridge will link Ogbaru and Ekwusigo Local Government Areas and work has already commenced on it.

Governor Soludo while performing the function at Atani said the project is in line with his campaign promises and emphasized that the development of Ogbaru Local Government Area is part of priorities of his administration adding that the Atani-Ozubulu Road is very strategic to the economic growth and development of Ogbaru.

The Governor assured that the road will be built to withstand flooding and urged the people to support the All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA in the coming elections while promising more dividends of democracy.

In their separate remarks, the Member Representing Ogbaru Constituency One at the Anambra State House of Assembly, Honourable Noble Igwe, and his Ogbaru Constituency Two counterpart, Honourable Somtochukwu Udeze promised their support to Governor Soludo to enable him actualize his vision for Ndi Anambra.

Also speaking, the Commissioner for Information, Sir Pual Nwosu and APGA Candidate for Ogbaru Constituency Two Mr Emmanuel Uzonwanne extolled Governor Soludo for his giant strides not just in Ogbaru but the entire Anambra.

The Transition Committee Chairman of Ogbaru Local Government Area, Mr Paschal Aniegnunam, who commended Governor Soludo for his commitment towards transforming Ogbaru Local Government Area tasked the people of the area to support Governor Soludo led administration.

Commissioner for Housing, Honourable Pauly Onyeka, APGA Candidate for Ogbaru Federal Constituency, Mr Arinzechukwu Awogu, traditional rulers and other critical stakeholders attended the event.

Presentation of site certificates to the contractor climaxed the event.
https://www.absradiotv.com/2023/02/10/soludo-inaugurates-construction-of-atani-ozubulu-road-project/

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by buharitill2023: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Obi.diot can't explain

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Afamed: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Obi has looted the money just the simple way , your paymaster Atiku looted the fund from the sales of Nitel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Throwback: 7:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
In Adaobi's trader voice,

"This one pass me ooo"

Peter Obi is a charlatan who was made a saint by the very people who know him to be a failure, all because they felt the need to support the Igbo candidate.

A wicked man that was regarded as a curse and bad omen to Anambrarians.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Feintline: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Very weak . You and I know who peter obi is.

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
In January 2014, Peter Obi announced that his government spent N6.9bn to construct Atani-Ozubulu road. He even listed the road as part of his achievements but without any image.

In January 2023, Governor Chukwuma Soludo announced the flag off for the construction of the same Atani-Ozubulu road. (see below the image of the flag-off).

The question I have for Peter Obi is simple, What happened to the N6.9bn he claimed to have spent for the same road project?

He used it to seek for protection
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Danisaint112(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
We should also explain to you how he was able to save about 75 billion in the state account. Roads he couldn't build because time caught up with him the money went back to the saving account for his successors to continue the good work he started.

Out of all the roads he built the Ozubulu Road is what is giving you headache. APC boys working overtime to find something to nail Peter with. 🤣 Get a life.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Kabirudeen25(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Chai....Ibitonye, e be like say e don tay wey you come nairaland. This your format no dey work again o grin
We hear say una dey boil like Ogbono soup since uberfacts exposed your cocaine bobo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:
In January 2014, Peter Obi announced that his government spent N6.9bn to construct Atani-Ozubulu road. He even listed the road as part of his achievements but without any image.

If you aren't dubious, drop a direct link to that screenshot...maybe we can help you delineate the areas astake...

But is campaign still on Or because he limited PDP chances in the last election, so pained barcanista comes here to mudsling PO? Or someone offered "protection fee" for you to do this to PO ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Ceenachi: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
For those that needed the full articles, I have included them in OP
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Ceenachi: 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
Throwback:

"This one pass me ooo"

Peter Obi is a charlatan who was made a saint by the very people who know him to be a failure, all because they felt the need to support the Igbo candidate.

Oga rest

4 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Throwback: 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ceenachi:

Oga rest

Loser!

Did any of this stale propaganda Tinubu from winning national elections to become President of Nigeria?
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Danisaint112:
We should also explain to you how he was able to save about 75 billion in the state account. Roads he couldn't build because time caught up with him the money went back to the saving account for his successors to continue the good work he started.

Out of all the roads he built the Ozubulu Road is what is giving you headache. APC boys working overtime to find something to nail Peter with. 🤣 Get a life.
Which road did he built? The same Ozubulu road that is being built by Soludo?

Do you have pictures of 5 road projects built by Obi let's see?

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Throwback:

"This one pass me ooo"

Obidients are simply ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by duro4chang(m): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Obi is a thief
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by ShaqFu: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lol.
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Ceenachi: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
Throwback:

Loser!

Did any of this stale propaganda Tinubu from winning national elections to become President of Nigeria?

Tinubu right now.

People dey rig election since 99, dey use "Go to court" carry close case. E reach my turn (Emilokan)
Obi won kill me. Abi na me be the first person to rig election.

Only me drug case,
25% in FCT
Shettima double nomination

Now dem don write letter to Biden

Oga rest ✌️

4 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Danisaint112(m): 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

I haven't seen you in real life but I have observed two things about you immediately. And that is, you ignorant and you lack comprehension skills.

A little research would have helped.

FYI, Peter Obi built about 900KM of roads in Anambra state before he left office. No cap but fact.

Visit the thread below. Not even my handwriting.
https://www.nairaland.com/7520761/list-some-roads-peter-obi

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Danisaint112:

I haven't seen you real life but I have observed two things about you. And that is, you ignorant and you lack comprehension skills.

A little research would have helped.

FYI, Peter Obi built about 900KM of roads in Anambra state before he left office. No cap but fact.

Visit the thread below. Not even my handwriting.
https://www.nairaland.com/7520761/list-some-roads-peter-obi
As usual NO PICTURES of the road. Same way he listed Ozubulu road

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Danisaint112(m): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Throwback:

"This one pass me ooo"

This very picture is stale. Use another format for your paymaster.

For those who are easily fooled by pictures like this read this below;

Most of the people who condemned Peter Obi are people who haven't started seeing the effect of the works he was doing when they finally saw it they forgot to correct their mistakes.

The picture the Supporter of criminals and criminality called throwback posted says it all. The lady insulted but later saw the light if not she would never have supported him.

If you are not from Lagos or Abuja your state isn't more developed than Anambra state. Rest you rabble-rouser Constituting nuisance in a public space all for stipends.

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by MasterJayJay: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
This Atiku boy. Tinubu don give you roasted corn?

Go and ask Channels TV if their image was AI generated ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMJDZ9-Z6-g

Channel TV uploaded the image during construction on their website

https://www.channelstv.com/tag/ozubulu-atani-road/

If you are digging to find STAIN on Peter Obi, you will only end up disgracing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Danisaint112(m): 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

As usual NO PICTURES of the road. Same way he listed Ozubulu road

And to you the road Soludo is building is the only road in Ozubulu right? Tribalism and hatred has clouded most of you sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by APCNig: 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
We Yorubas care less. Even Igbos too do not care, what they care about is what happens to Lagos' money even when everybody has run away from their father's land to come and slave in Lagos.
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by OVB123: 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Feintline:
Very weak . You and I know who peter obi is.
Let be truthful to ourselves, Peter Obi didn't construct any reasonable projects in Anambra state. We were only shouting and singing 'obidient' because we never wanted Tinubu muslim-muslim ticket to win the general election.

1 Like

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Adaisback(f): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

Batcanista, anywhere belle face politician has been paid, so he is back to face Peter Obi and Obidients. We will simply send you back to oblivion. Obi built Azia to Orsumoghu road, obi constructed road in Atani , Ogbaru local govt. Obi constructed roads in all 2i local govt of my dear state Anambra . I cannot come here to debate with nonetities that will leave the loopholes in their state to come and cry about flowers in other people's state. I can only go down this lane with Anambrarians on ground and are sure Obi did not touch his or her local govt.

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by Titto93(m): 9:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
This Atani - Ozubulu road is my area..
And d route is my every day route.

Peter obi did dat road in 2013 during his tenure, d road served us perfectly until 2020 wen dia was flood, d road started having portholes...

Again, d road is a regular route for big trucks and tippers. So d potholes created by flooding continue to expand.

Obiano did absolutely nothing on dat road all through his 8yrs, not even a tipper of sand.

When flood came again in 2022, d road got worse and worse..

And now, soludo came to fix it.

So, where did peter obi get it wrong?

Why calling out someone dat contstructed d road and left Obiano dat abandoned?

Why all these hate and lies against Obi just to score cheap point?

What all these propaganda?

3 Likes

Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by GreyLaw(m): 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
TonyeBarcanista you are expired. The ship of young sane Nigerians has sailed without you. I know you want some front page opium to get to a high tonight, but sorry, you sound like a broken record. You are PDP by day and APC by night. Have you also taken the poisoned chalice?

I hope Nigerians mark you as one who hates truth and rectitude. You love the fellow gang of thieving politicians. Your own day will come.
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by DeTribalisedCit: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

All I see is comprehension problem from you to be honest.
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by DaddyJapan(m): 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Dancing on the Anthills of the Savannah is a normal thing now.
And this art form ain't the exclusive preserve of Peter Obi either.

You know, I know, and every dog on the street knows the easiest way to siphon money while in government is through phantom infrastructural projects

Obi, Obiano Clash On Road Projects

Published 3 years ago on June 28, 2020

The Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano and his predecessor Peter Obi, are once again in disagreement over road projects by their administrations.

Obiano had alleged that his predecessor left a huge burden of 96 road projects, Obi said the projects were only 52

Obiano however declared his administration has already completed 51 of the abandoned projects without winking an eye.

Obiano spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr James Eze while the former Commissioner for Information during Obi’s tenure, Chief Joe Martins -Uzodike, spoke for his boss.

Uzodike was the Director -General for Obiano Campaign Organisation in 2014 when Obi presented him as his successor.

Ukadike said only 52 roads and not 96 uncompleted road projects were handed over to Obiano.

He maintained all the 52 uncompleted road projects were all paid for, adding that Obi was not owing any contractor as at the time he handed over power.

But Eze,in his video online, claimed Obiano inherited 96 uncompleted road projects, adding he had completed about 51 out of the 96.

However, Joe-Martins, stated that only about five percent of the 52 roads had been completed by Obiano.

He listed some of the projects Obiano inherited from Obi as Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road Phase 1;

Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road and bridge ; Amansea – Ndiukwuenu (Phase 1 & 2); reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea Federal Road ,Reconstruction of Onitsha – Atani-Osammala-Ogwuikpele road; Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Ugbene-Awba Ofemili road; Nkolifia(Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road (remaining less than 100 meters); Construction of Achina-Oneh- Agbudu- Ogboji,
Atani – Ozubulu Roads Part 1 Km 0+000 -5+560.

Others, according to him, were: Reconstruction of Anambra State Integrated Livestock Farm Nkwelle Ezunaka; reconstruction of Ichida-Azibgo-Amichi-Osumenyi-Akwaihedi Road among others

Eze said majority of the listed roads had been completed by the current administration while other virgin roads had equally been completed

Source: https://an24.net/2020/06/28/obi-obiano-clash-on-road-projects
Re: Can Peter Obi Explain What Happened To N6.9bn Atani-ozubulu Road? by slivertongue: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
Titto93:
This Atani - Ozubulu road is my area..
And d route is my every day route.

Peter obi did dat road in 2013 during his tenure, d road served us perfectly until 2020 wen dia was flood, d road started having portholes...

Again, d road is a regular route for big trucks and tippers. So d potholes created by flooding continue to expand.

Obiano did absolutely nothing on dat road all through his 8yrs, not even a tipper of sand.

When flood came again in 2022, d road got worse and worse..

And now, soludo came to fix it.

So, where did peter obi get it wrong?

Why calling out someone dat contstructed d road and left Obiano dat abandoned?

Why all these hate and lies against Obi just to score cheap point?

What all these propaganda?

His research skills are poor

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Big For Nothing South African Evacuate Nigeria From Sudan / What's The Northern Elites Saying About Tinubu's Certificate? / Troops Clear ESN/IPOB Camp At Okigwe, Cannibalism Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.