Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor (39469 Views)

MC Oluomo Was Only Joking About 'iya Chukwudi' - Police PRO, Muyiwa Adejobi / Wike On Oyigbo Killings: I Never Ordered Military To Kill Igbos In Rivers / NHRC Asks IGP To End Police’s Siege On Melaye’s House (2) (3) (4)

Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by nairalandkachy1: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magIFxhWyAg
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has laughed off Senator Dino Melaye’s Kogi governorship ambition, saying the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain does not have what it takes to vie for such a position.

The governor was speaking during a media chat with selected journalists in Port Harcourt on Tuesday.

“When you give Dino that ticket, you know he won’t win in Kogi State,” Wike said during the parley.

“Why would Kogi people say they would vote for a candidate like Dino? Are we joking?”

He said the mere fact that someone is from a place does not equate to electoral success if such a person contests an election.

“Dino does not have what it takes [to be a governor] for crying out loud,” Wike maintained. “He knows me very well. He does not have what it takes to be a governor.”

According to him, if the PDP gives the ticket to the former Kogi West lawmaker, the party is doomed to lose the exercise.

“Does it mean now that if the PDP wants to win the election, it would give the ticket to Dino and you say tomorrow that you were rigged when you have already killed yourself?” he wondered.

“Are we saying that we want to win an election or just have a candidate?” the former minister asked.

The governor says he won’t campaign for the PDP if the party gives its governorship ticket to Senator Dino.

“Do you need to ask me that kind of question? Are you not aware that I would not do that?” Wike said when asked if he would campaign for the main opposition party if Dino wins the ticket.

He accused the party’s leadership of trying to “manipulate” the process in favour of Dino.

“Why are you trying to manipulate this in favour of one aspirant?” he queried.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/11/are-we-joking-wike-laughs-off-dino-melayes-governorship-ambition/

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Great141: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Bobloco: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2023

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by EnEnPeecee: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Useless nwike the drunkard

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Urheadmaster(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Governor Wike the trouble master tongue

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by press9jatv: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/11/are-we-joking-wike-laughs-off-dino-melayes-governorship-ambition/

Nlfpmod Mynd44
so it’s Wike that will decide who will be governor of Kogi State, help me tell Wike that he’s a clueless man and clueless empty chest beater.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by RichBoy247: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
It's surprising he became a Senator

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by LeoDeKing: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
apache4:
FalseProphet1 if you don't return my money before the end of today, i will let the whole World know how you duped/scammed me
Pls show the world how he scammed you or stfu. You have littered practically all threads with this bullshit and no evidence so far of him ever engaging in any financial transactions with you.

These cheap blackmails are already stale as they come. If you are pained with his activities online, take on him head on and stop laying claims to non existent duping.

I'm 100% sure this is nothing but a cheap blackmail because one of you created over 20 monikers doing same to me sometimes back (I have this feeling you are the one). The clown stopped when nothing was forthcoming from the cheap blackmail.

@ the topic.

Wike: So because Dino melaye is the one abusing people for PDP, they want to reward him with the party's governorship ticket.

Of course, that is a walk over for APC. grin

127 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Toluwanise247(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2023
Pdp always find it difficult to produce credible candidate. Imagine dino and James faleke workover for APC

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Jostoman: 1:54pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mr wike you are not God, if Kogi people want him there is nothing you can do to stop DINO

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Ohislee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike is the one joking.

Dino as any one else is qualified to contest the governorship election of Kogi state. He is a one time senator, he has also been in the house of assembly.

Though I am not a fan of Dino, but I see him doing better than Kogi state current governor.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by kokoA(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2023
PDP is a house of comedy.. lol..Dino Melaye for governor grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by ShaqFu: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
Choi

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by tomax026: 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike will just open his mouth and just talk.
I don't think he is normal again.
So someone that was HOUSE OF REP MEMBER 16 YEARS ago can't become governor?
so Someone that was senator 12years ago can't become governor?
Whereas Yeye Bello that has not held any office can become governor and rig elections to complete his tenure again.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by alluson(m): 1:58pm On Apr 11, 2023
But he is saying the truth, me I can't wish dino to happen to kogi people even if they offend me

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by veekid(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Awon wayre 100%
Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by PixelPlexus: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Noted

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Primusinterpares(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2023
Oga retirement is around the corner

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Vyzz: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Femich18(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
Interesting...

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by kingofthesouth: 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by LesbianBoy(m): 2:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike feeling like a god. Anyway shakara will end in one month time grin grin

But he has a point sha. Dino being a governor would be funny grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by Fr33born(m): 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike is right on this one.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by dehiero: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2023

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by silvoclaira: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2023
Mad Erik

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by LeoDeKing: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2023
Jostoman:
Mr wike you are not God, if Kogi people want him there is nothing you can do to stop DINO
I pray pdp should feature Dino melaye so that after the election, you will start screaming "rigging" against God's wish again. grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike On Melaye: Are We Joking? He Does Not Have What It Takes To Be A Governor by datola: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Wike never disappoints.

Wike's Loyalist Set Ablaze Thanksgiving Venue Of Pro Fubara Group In Rivers / Oshiomhole Dumped By Buhari Ministers, Appointees, South-South Leaders -Vanguard / Why Nigeria High Commission Building In Ghana Was Demolished