Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Addicted To Coca-Cola - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Addicted To Coca-Cola (24178 Views)

Help! I'm Addicted To Bread And Beans / Woman Who Was Addicted To Drugs Shares New Photos. Checkout Her Transformation / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addicted To Coca-Cola by Fryx: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2023
My works require a lot of creative thinking, but for some reason, complex thoughts hurt my heads so much that by the end of the day, I am more tired than a person hewing trees in the bush.

So, about two years ago, I discovered that if I drink coke, my head does not hurt at all.

I believe my brain was able to use the "Sugar" in coke more effectively than the ones processed by my body from carbohydrates.

So, I limit my consumption of Carbs and eats more junks and cokes.

It really helped me since I can work tirelessly for long hours without my brain tiring out. But then, some of my body sensors stop working correctly.

I won't know when I am thirsty or hungry. Infact, I struggle to eat many times since I rarely have appetite for food ---I just drink sugary stuff to regain my energy.

But I have been noticing some tingling in my legs and can sometimes get worse during sleep (I can wake up in the middle of the night to see that my leg is dead)

Unknown to me, Coke produces cholesterols , and since I am an indoor person that rarely goes out or exercise, the cholesterols are clogging my veins and preventing proper flow of blood.

Although, coke produces less than other harmful junks I eat----Yogurt, buscuits, sweets, licking pure sugar, etc.

I do not mind the consumption of these junks because my blood sugar level is Ok, and I believe my brain needs them.

But about five days ago, I did some jump and hit my big toe on the floor, causing some internal sprain.

Usually, the sprain should go early, but I was surprised to wake up the third day to some excruciating pain. This mean the wound is not healing at all, and as far as I can remember, I experience some tingling in my leg during the night. So, it is likely that blood is not flowing properly to my legs again, and wound cannot heal without good supply of blood.

I decided to massage the leg, and in the process, I mistakeinly touch the toe next to my big toe (I can't recollect the name of this toe as the moment, so just take it as "the next big toe"wink

My "next big toe" was soooo painful to touch, and I was surprised because I never felt any pain from that area.

When I inspect it properly, I discovered my "next big toe" is dying.

There is something called Gangrene, it is the death of body tissue when blood stops flowing to that area, and in severe cases, the body area will need to be amputated.

My "next big toe" has started dying due to lack of proper blood flow to it.

Luckily for me, no other toe is affected.

I did some research and discover that bad cholesterols can block blood vessels, and since I am an heavy "Sugar" eater, I am likely surffering from that.

I decided I won't take sugar again.

I massaged my toe to life, and decided to eat healthy yesterday. I went out during the day to eat at a restaurant, and cooked at night (unlike me)

That single changed in life style really cause some changes in my body. Yesterday night, I feel many veins in my body coming to life, especially in my leg region. And by this morning, my "next big toe" is no longer grayish in color. It is not as painful to touch as it was either.

Encouraged by the improvements, I decided not to take any form of sugar again.

But there is a problem----my brain.

Without Sugar, my brain was so slow and thinking was sooo painful. I struggled to complete my task yesterday, and I have been avoiding work since morning (today) because I was just feeling pains in my head.

I don't understand it. It seems my body got issue with carbs cause even if I eat excess of it, I may feel sick. I am also slim because my body don't retain fat or carbs.

I have been struggling since morning, trying to adjust to a change in diet. But since I have works to do, I have no choice but to get another bottle of Coke.

Expectedly, my brain becomes really cool a few seconds after taking the coke.

Although, I have resolved not to take any other type of drinks or junk, to eat properly, and take Coke only "one day on, one day off." I honestly want to do without every form of sugar.

I'm afraid I'm addicted to coke, and I don't know how to overcome it.

Below is a picture of how Gangrene looks, so it's something scary.

Check Scary Pictures Here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Caaz: 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Lolz you re funny.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Fryx: 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Caaz:
Lolz you re funny.

How does this "read" funny?

Honestly, if my experience got worse, I may lose my leg. Of which I know I will rather take my life than live without any part of my body.

Modified

Thanks everyone for contributing.

You guys give me more reason why I must not take sugar any more.

Moreover, I did a glucose test when I started noticing the symptoms and the doctor told me I’m ok. He even told me the signs are merely sleeping posture, that’s why I continued.

I used to do some indoor exercise before, but it’s been a while I did that.

I just resume today, and should keep up with that spirit.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Caaz: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
Fryx:

How does this "read" funny?

Honestly, if my experience got worse, I may lose my leg. Of which I know I will rather take my life than live without any part of my body.
I m in same boat like you.
But I have drastically limited my intake of carbonated drinks.

10 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Fryx: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Caaz:

I m in same boat like you.
But I have drastically limited my intake of carbonated drinks.

I believe I must do without it entirely. I am already seeing bad signs from the one I took some moment ago. (Leg tingling, and my toe swelling and itching me)

Truly, sugar is not good for the body.

Even if you don't have diabetes, there are many other risks like heart attack and gangrene, all caused from poor blood flow, or a blockage in the vein.

3 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Caaz: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Fryx:

I believe I must do without it entirely. I am already seeing bad signs from the one I took some moment ago. (Leg tingling, and my toe swelling and itching me)

Truly, sugar is not good for the body.

Even if you don't have diabetes, there are many other risks like heart attack and gangrene, all caused from poor blood flow, or a blockage in the vein.
Yeah you ain't far from the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by gokesoye: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
I am facing the same thing you are facing but mine is alcohol. Worst than coke.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2023
I'm addicted to hard drugs like kolo, Arizona, loud, cocaine and tramadol. The feeling you get from it is out of this world. Just try and replace ur addiction with Colorado you will feel good

11 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by OmotolaBoy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
If better jedijedi do you once you will have a rethink

Trust me

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
I was addicted to Nutri-C and Chin-chin when I was in school. Didn't know I could ever overcome it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Porksupplyib: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Please change ur addiction . The tingling in ur leg is one of the many signs of diabetics. No one can help you but yourself. Just take ur time to read up online and make the decision if you want to live a long happy life or not. The ball is in your court.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by seanwilliam(m): 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Replace it with Pepsi. You’ll be good

6 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by ednut1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
You are addicted to caffeine. Same thing in coffee and energy drinks. Na diabetes you dey use play o

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Okiemute101: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
And the result awaits you in a few more days... u no go like am I bet you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by tiswell(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Na diabetes you dey find baba

6 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by omoadeleye(m): 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
Continue, na when your body begin dey tell you , then you go know when to stop
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by thaoriginator: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2023
This long epistle for ordinary coca cola?

Me I'm addicted to Snow White and I ain't writing shiiiit cry

10 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by StrandedBird: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by fait10(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Drink water next time.

3 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by chukkystar(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
It has enough Sugar to give energy with the small coke that people say is put inside. It is highly addictive. If You don't take it, head will ache U. If You take Cholesterol gathers. So something must kill a man. Just do what suits you best and try to reduce its effects by eating right and exercise
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by driand(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
That's nice
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by SpatialKing(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2023
Is not bad
But please avoid high cabs foods
Stop taking raw sugar
Exercise often
Don't smoke
Run from Alcohol

2 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by hansomb: 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Thank God you not addicted to alcohol or hard drugs. You can exercise to burn down the sugar. Simple or don't take other sugary things.
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
I used to be addicted to Coca-Cola but I beat it. Not drank it in up to 5 years or more. And, won't.

13 Likes

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by adexoramo(m): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Good for you. I'm also addicted to Tom Tom

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Waterlilly: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
my love for cold pepsi and hot egg roll, nor be here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Luckysbab: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
Instead make you go talk to an expert, you're there Goggling this and that, forming Doctor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by millionboi2: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Reduce it
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by zed7: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Every addiction is horrible. Just keep trying everything to break it or it will eventually take over your life.

I know someone who was addicted to sugar, got diabetes and still couldn't let go, even with an amputated leg. Better get help now.

1 Like

Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by Badekz: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Is good
Re: Addicted To Coca-Cola by MisteerConcord(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
cheesy There are many guys on this particular table. Something must kill a man

gokesoye:
I am facing the same thing you are facing but mine is alcohol. Worst than coke.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Where Residents Of Anguwar Bakaro, Bauchi Fetch Drinking Water / Help!! Withdrawals Symptoms From Anti Depressants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.