Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Help! My Laptop Drags! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Laptop Drags! (861 Views)

Help! My Laptop Hp 6735s Does Not Boot. / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / She Spilled Hot Coffee On My Laptop: Now What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Laptop Drags! by cola: 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2007
My laptop is a TOSHIBA Satelite Pro (Pentium M 1.7GHz 516 MB 60GB) running XP.
When I click on anything whether icon on a tab or whatever, it takes anything between 5 and 20 secs to respond.
The green processor light stays ON for that duration too, rather than blinking normally.
I've used less than half of the hard disk space and no heavy load except fifa2005 (Pro Evolution Soccer 5) or so that someone installed.
It's rather irritating. I could as well go get me a PII.
Well, once in while, it doesn't delay- it just behaves when I click.
Any suggestion that can help please.
Re: Help! My Laptop Drags! by bigrovar(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2007
well it could be a number of reasons.1 virus may be u have cut a worm like ravmon or bronkok, the presence of this things in ur system could cus a general slow down of ur system.
2.try defragment ur hard drive cus too much clusters in an HDD could cus ur system to slow down,
3 it coul just be XP cus after 6month xp is know to start dragging for no reason at all and the only thing u can do is format and reinstall
u could also try installing programms that clean registries like a registery cleaner i have something like that and when i have time would upload it for u,
Re: Help! My Laptop Drags! by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2007
Are you sure it's not a Celeron? If not, what programs do you have running in the background?
Re: Help! My Laptop Drags! by cola: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2007
@bigrovar
Thanks brother. I'm defragmenting now. I hope it does it.
I have a good antivirus,so I don't think it's a worm.
I'll see how far with defragmenting, then consider XP reinstall.

@seun
thanks.
The processor isn't celeron. And the only 'not regular' program I have on the laptop is the evolution soccer that I mentioned arlier.

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect Black Berry With Laptop / Do You Know That Virus Can Hide Your Files And Turn Them To Shortcuts? / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.