Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi (30503 Views)

NAPTIP Arrests 2 Human Traffickers, Seizes 28 International Passports, Others / Prostitutes Go Wild In Ondo, Beat Up Customer And Injure A Peacemaker (Photo) / Human Traffickers Who Leaked Unclad Video Of Victim Sentenced To Jail. Photo (2) (3) (4)

Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by dre11(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2023
Human traffickers go wild as UK-based madam writes Nigerian shrine, vows to destroy victim

• Another sends cultist to threaten pregnant sex worker battling with womb complications over N2m balance

• Manchester based trafficker declines comment, removes picture from WhatsApp contact

Dubai is fast becoming a new destination for Nigerian human traffickers following the clampdown on their activities along the Sahara Desert by security operatives. Many of the innocent young victims are daily hounded and psychologically tortured by the traffickers who make outrageous monetary demands from them. One of the victims, who is currently battling with a serious womb complication, is being persecuted by a cultist who is working for her trafficker while another has been reported at an Ondo State shrine, which has summouned her to appear before the gods or face dire consequences including suffering mental ill health and death, INNOCENT DURU reports.

Osakahare, a Nigerian migrant, is miserable in Dubai where she had gone to in searching of greener pastures. She left the country on October 15, 2021, upbeat that life would turn around and begin to have a positive meaning for her and her family members after some time in the Arab country.
The trip didn’t come with much stress as she already had everything perfectly worked out for her.

She said: “I was working in a PoS store before I was approached by one lady called Madam Margret, who happens to be my aunt. The madam paid for my flight down here in Dubai, but I paid for the passport.

“By the time I arrived, she had arranged with someone who came to pick me at the airport. She told the person that I would pay for the rent before the week would run out
.”

She said before she left for Dubai, “Madam had said I would pay her N5 million when I get here. I told her the money was too much but she told me that when I get here and find out that the other girls here are not paying up to that I should let her know, but that it is N5 million that all the girls in Dubai are paying.”

On getting to Dubai, Nosakhare found that all the girls were paying N3 mllion back to their madams at the end of the day.

Alarmed by what she discovered, the embattled girl said: “When I told her that nobody was paying up to N5 million, she said it is a lie and that since I had agreed to pay her N5 million before leaving Nigeria, that was what I was going to pay her.

“I reluctantly agreed and started paying her the money.”

Later, the aunt started complaining that the N100,000 that Nosakahare was paying weekly was too small.

She said that I should increase it to N200,000 or N300,000 every week, but I refused, telling her that the quoted sums were too much.

“Nigerians have problems with the Dubai authorities. Once they see you and ask if you are a Nigerian and you reply in the affirmative, they will start harassing you.

As a result of all the challenges we are facing here, I told her it would not be possible for me to be paying her N200, 000 or N300, 000 weekly.

“It is a problem for us to work on the street these days. I made her to understand that I will be paying her every week based on how much work I am able to do.”

The embattled lady’s explanation apparently fell on deaf ears as the aunt subsequently returned to persuade her to pay the outrageous money.

Two weeks ago, she said that since I don’t want to be giving her the amount she requested for, she had summoned me at the ‘Ayelala’ Shrine in Ondo State. She said that she took me to America for the past two years and that I have not been giving her any money.

“She threatened that if I don’t pay up the N5 million she asked for, by the end of this month (April) that she will swear for me at the shrine. She started threatening my life.”

The letter of summon was written on an Adeleron and Ayelala Association letter head.

The letter reads (unedited): “I, Madam Jenet give money to Margerti to send …. To America since two years. She said before the two years she would pay. She has been paying for a while but she has not been paying as usual now. I gave her April ending to everything remain with her or I will swear Ayelala for her, I summon her to Ayelala with 100 thousand. By Princess Dorothy.”

Asked if the father has in any way intervened in the matter since the trafficker is his younger sister, Nosakare said: “It was my father that they gave the Ayelala letter to. My dad does not have anything to say about what is happening. He just said that I should leave the matter for God.

The woman told me that since she has my picture and details, she wants to kill me before this year comes to an end. She also said among other threats that I will run mad.”

Worried by the magnitude of the threat, Nosakhare subsequently sent her brother to go and arrest the aunt’s sister so that she will write an undertaking that “if anything happens to me she will be held responsible.”

When they got to the police station, she said “the officers said if I pay her money that nothing will happen to me and that I should try and pay her.

“I said that was not how I wanted the case to be handled. I told them that what I wanted was for her to write an undertaking that she would be held responsible in case anything happens to me.”

Following the ceaseless pressure and threat by the aunt, she said: “I am finding my stay here in Dubai very difficult because my aunt (Madam) is giving me too much pressure about the payment.

“I have a lot going in my mind every time about paying back the money. Most of the time, I regret coming to this Dubai because of her.

“She’s not giving me peace. My passport is with one man but my aunt has refused to give me his contact. She said I have nothing to do with the man.

“I still want to remain here in Dubai but I don’t want her to harass me anymore.”

Trafficker declines comment

Efforts to get the reaction of Nosakhare’s aunt who is based in Manchester, England was unsuccessful as she declined response to a WhatsApp message sent to her line. She instantly removed her picture from the DP of her WhatsApp immediately our correspondent introduced himself in a post. The woman was seen standing beside a man with both dressed in pink traditional attire in the deleted DP.

Victim with womb complications relives traumatic experience

It has also been a traumatic experience for Ivy who has been battling with womb related challenges shortly after arriving in Dubai. Her plight was compounded when she got pregnant in the course of carrying out her trade as a sex worker.

Explaining how it happened, she said: “The condom that the client was using mistakenly burst in my body and that resulted in pregnancy. But that was not what caused the challenges that I am facing with my womb. My womb has been disturbing me since I came to this country.

“A doctor came to check and said that my womb is too close. The doctor comes to position my womb for me and also gives me the medication to take.

“If the doctor positions it, after some months, it will come down again. I am still using it to work as it is.”

Aside from the pregnancy and the challenge she has with her womb, Ivy said: “The guy that facilitated my coming here went and reported me to another guy who has been threatening me.

“When the guy asked me to come and see him I told him I would not be able to come because I was not feeling fine. When Solomon Okoduwa of Initiative for Youth Awareness on Migration Development and Reintegration (IYAMIDR) chatted up Emmanuel who is my boss, he complained that I went to report him to the NGOs fighting against human trafficking and wondered why I had to do such.”

Seeking a way out of her predicament, she said: “What I want now is that since Emmanuel who is my boss has said that he doesn’t want the money anymore, his friend who he went to report me to should stop disturbing me.

“The guy said that he would not look for me but that he would one day come in contact with me and he will ‘cast ‘ me. The guy threatening me is in Dubai but Emmanuel is the one with my passport.

“I was the only one they brought to Dubai on that trip. At the moment, we are 12. Some others went back to Nigeria voluntarily because they said they wouldn’t be able to pay back the money requested by the madams.”

NAPTIP asks victims to write officially
Contacted, the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) spokesman Adekoye Vincent, said the embattled victims should write officially to info@naptip.gov.ng for action.

When told that the victims may not be in the right frame of mind to do such, he suggested that our correspondent or an NGO could do so on their behalf. “Address the letter of complaint to the DG,” he said in a response to our correspondent’s inquiry.

Activist knocks NAPTIP, calls for proactive approach to distress calls

A migration activist and Executive Director of Initiative for Youth Awareness on Migration Development and Reintegration (IYAMIDR),

Solomon Okoduwa, was bitter about NAPTIP’s approach to the plight of the girls when our correspondent called to find out his level of intervention in their condition. Fuming, Okoduwa said: “The present director general of NAPTIP is not on top of her game at all. Human trafficking, which is supposed to be of utmost concern to the woman, is being swept under the carpet.

“I sent her a message when one of these ladies cried to me. She read the message I sent to her on her personal Whatsapp page but didn’t reply. I tried calling her but got no response.

“This is not the NAPTIP we used to know. During the days of Donli Okar, when you send her a message, she would ask you to give her the girl’s contact. She would speak with the victim and action would be taken immediately.

“She was always responding promptly, but the people that they are redeploying to NAPTIP now are just there to fill political slots.

“If you don’t know the job, quit the job. The agency is a total humanitarian aspect of our society.”

Continuing, he said: “As a woman, you are supposed to be very concerned when womanhood is being debased.

“Somebody said her womb has fallen three times and she is calling for help, the DG of NAPTIP read the message, I sent a voice note of the victim with her strained voice, sent the girl’s contact, but nobody reached out to the girl from NAPTIP headquarters.

“What agency are you then representing? Is it when the girl comes to Nigeria that you want to rescue her, you want to activate your power as NAPTIP? It can’t work in that regard.

“NAPTIP must wake up to their responsibility. They have jurisdiction over every case of sexual exploitation and trafficking all over the world. Once a case is reported, they must take it up to serve as a deterrent to others.

“Even if it doesn’t give the victim immediate leverage, let a signal be sent to the traffickers that NAPTIP is on their trail. That will make the hoodlums to be cautious.

“Just imagine that that girl was to be killed and we sent a message to you and nobody activated anything. What role are you now playing as NAPTIP? Presiding over meetings that are not productive? It is uncalled for.

“The NAPTIP DG must be reported to NACTAL for appropriate action.”

Before reaching out to NAPTIP, Okoduwa said: “I sent the same message to Abike Dabiri. She was concerned, and immediately she got it, she responded and asked me to report the matter to NAPTIP. That is Abike Dabiri in her capacity.

“Tomorrow , NAPTIP will start reeling out their achievements. If you don’t know the job, leave that place.”

As an activist, he said: “We have been advocating for this for a long time. This is not our first time.

“If you are a politician, go and face politics and leave the seat. The right seat must be given to the right person and not people who will leave victims in distress. It is uncalled for and we frown at it.

“When I called the PRO, he said the DG was in a conference. Was she in a conference for almost one week without even answering calls, and my phone showed that she had read through the message but failed to respond.

“Unfortunately, the victim is in a dilemma but the woman that is supposed to feel the pains of other women is not responding.

“Later, she will say she is superintending over an agency that is addressing the menace. You are doing nothing.”

On his intervention in the ladies’ cases , he said: “I intervened when one of the girls was threatened. She didn’t say she would not pay the guy again. Her womb had fallen three times.

“As we speak now, she has an unwanted pregnancy because of the nature of her job. She said that a condom burst in her body and she consequently became pregnant.

“She is presently on home treatment and can’t do anything. All she asked for was that the guy should allow her to get well and when she is well she will pay.

“The guy kept insisting that the girl must pay the said amount of money. After my intervention, the guy has left the scene and allowed the girl to be.

“We have the picture, address and phone number of the guy. This is what NAPTIP is supposed to be doing for trafficking. They are supposed to be working with joint border task force.

“All that NAPTIP supposed to do is to ask them to follow up on the matter. If the guys know that they are following them up, would they threaten the girl again? They would not.

“When you do this, that girl becomes your success story tomorrow.”

The girl, Okoduwa said, is longing to come back to Nigeria, “but it is just that she doesn’t want to come empty handed. If NAPTIP promises to support her when she comes, she will come to Nigeria the next day and every collaborator in this matter will be arrested. Because the girl’s confidence has been built, she will now open up more.

https://thenationonlineng.net/human-traffickers-go-wild-as-uk-based-madam-writes-nigerian-shrine-vows-to-destroy-victim/

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by othermen: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2023
This is just an advert for how attractive an investment in trafficking is.

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by sanmtiago(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2023
Who else doesn’t feel perturbed by the horrific stories emanating from the internet?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by bibiking7(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2023

Imagine spiritualist in Nigeria that want to harm someone in Dubai sending a physical letter to her father that she will be harmed spiritually. cheesy cheesy that does not even make any sense. If they had that power. Why not send her a spiritual message.

Plus, just imagine the response from the police.

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Haloumah09(f): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2023
Omooo

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by PulaPower: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2023
She said before she left for Dubai, “Madam had said I would pay her N5 million when I get here. I told her the money was too much but she told me that when I get here and find out that the other girls here are not paying up to that I should let her know, but that it is N5 million that all the girls in Dubai are paying.”

This particular scenario isn't trafficking tho cuz she was informed before leaving naija..

Modified - to all those quoting me, this is the definition of trafficking. But in her own case, she wasn’t force. She was told what she’s coming to do in Dubai. So how can that be trafficking?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Cerebellum: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2023
Oh good Lordcry

Man cannot can read all those write up...

obembet:
Chelsea to lose with under 2.5

Fixed!grin
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by obembet(f): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2023
Chelsea to win with over 2.5

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by KnowledgePower7: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2023
Women are the most wicked creatures on Earth.
See what a woman is doing to her fellow woman.
Na still women dey traffic themselves into prostitution
All of these prostitutes get MADAM
Na woman be oga for prostitution
Na them go still say men are scum
But will traffic themselves for men to knack.

That's why I laugh when I see girls doing women power and supporting women
Women are their own worst enemies

Women will backstab their best friend and watch her die off.
Women that will be jealous of their bestie Just like that..

That's why I don't chase women
Or do any stupid love with women.
Their wahala too much
I bang the shit out of them and dump them for the stupid simps that will suffer forever trying to please them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by sacajawea: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2023
Rise Up.
Don't just Read this and Look away, Rise up!
Let evil men be reimbursed in Full!

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Untainted007: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
The frustrations in this country pushed so many innocent people into these trashes. Some had no other option and that alone made them opt in to this kind of life. And all these madams too will be praying to have children who will live a fulfilled life after tanishing the lives of some innocent ones. Ko possible..... Karma will catch up with their children too.

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by EeyanMayweather(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Nawao
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Mindlog: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hmm...
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by wizdooarchy3(m): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2023
abeg someone should help me summarize these term paper
abeg e too long I no get MB
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by OsuIgboIpob: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Useless wasted OLOSHO
Many women are fond of "drag you down along"
Because your own don spoil, you go dey spoil others too.

ON THE CONTRARY,
WHY IS THE REPORT NOT EXPLICIT ABOUT WHAT THEY DO IN DUBAI?

WE KNOW IT'S SIMPLY PROSTÎTUTION!!!

Later after many years and they now become a wasted whóre, they'll come back and start looking for a RESPONSIBLE and GOD-FEARING man fool to marry them cheesy cheesy grin

Most girls of this generation are just too senseless.
They think men don't have standards and preferences.

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by FreeStuffsNG: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Anyone suffering 'overseas' should just japada and stop disturbing Nigerians with their lamentations.

I know NANTIP is doing a great job in this area but greed can not stop those in that crime from frustrating the effort of NANTIP.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Zeddyzed: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
This article, and more like it, will not change the mind of the Nigerian youth that has come to believe he can only make it outside the country.
Life is hard everywhere, there's no green pasture anywhere except where you water the grass. Japa "by any means necessary" is not the answer. You will only put yourself at the mercy of hustlers that are also searching for their next meal.
Work on yourself and it gets better. Learn a skill, any skill, and learn it well. Get up each day and make yourself better at your chosen skill and life will get easier eventually. The key to success is your mindset, not your location.

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Tvoice: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
Na who una say make e read dis tex book?
Since d day i successfully graduate from uniben oO sorry unistress I Don vow nor to even look notice board not to talk of dis kind tin, weitin happen sef op

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by SReporters: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
Nigerians are really suffering everywhere! The level of hardship and high rate of unemployment is even a bigger factor for the japa trend...

There's no difference between human traffickers and kidnappers! They are all the same thing! NAPTIP must sit up and live up to its responsibilities!!
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Natbrowny: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
PulaPower:

This particular scenario isn't trafficking tho cuz she was informed before leaving naija..

Disguised trafficking is still trafficking
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Omoawoke: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
Human trafficking is still a big problem in 2023 and it is a crime against humanity.
People should speak up and report this cases, it is an international crime and the suspects can never go Scott free
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Tvoice: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2023
SReporters:
E

F, oya make we dey read abc na
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Omoawoke: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2023
PulaPower:

I pity you, that is human trafficking.

Seizing someone’s passport, threatening them, etc are part of human trafficking and no court in the world can save her

Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
cry

Does human trafficking still exist in this world?
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by free2ryhme: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
cry
dre11:
Human traffickers go wild as UK-based madam writes Nigerian shrine, vows to destroy victim

• Another sends cultist to threaten pregnant sex worker battling with womb complications over N2m balance

• Manchester based trafficker declines comment, removes picture from WhatsApp contact

https://thenationonlineng.net/human-traffickers-go-wild-as-uk-based-madam-writes-nigerian-shrine-vows-to-destroy-victim/

It is about to go down
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by EmmyDJourno: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
Stop going on awooof travels
Moving to another Country is expensive, all those bring 50k and I would process everything for you na scam😮‍💨
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Dearlord(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
Unhealthy souls, there is no fucking excuses on any circumstances one finds himself into
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by bigdammyj: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2023
Reading...
Re: Human Traffickers Go Wild As Uk-based Madam Writes Shrine, Vows To Destroy Victi by Jakpon: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2023
Fg

Residents Of Fetish House Accused Of Scamming HIV Positive Man Of N4million.PICS / Mohammed Dewji Kidnapped In Tanzania (Africa’s Youngest Billionaire) / See The Most Fraudulent Loan App In Nigeria - Haloocredit

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77