Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University (16287 Views)

School Where Pupils Sit On Floor To Learn In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by clockwisereport: 10:55am On Apr 17, 2023
BigDawsNet:

I guys you stopped learning at ur basic level

No. I went far. The more I learnt, the more I forgot what I learnt
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by airsaylongcome: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2023
dfrost:

I think Spanish and French are similar because of the masculine and feminine nouns and pronouns.

Another factor to consider when learning a new language is the population, business and interest but business takes precedence.

I might be wrong, though.

They are similar not because of the masculine and feminine pronouns, they are similar because they both came from Latin

4 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by isabi2lof: 10:56am On Apr 17, 2023
French and Chinese language
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Gerrard59(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2023
Dbestbrest:
French is another widely spoken language after English. You will go places with it as you will have advantage over others if opportunities come your way in any french speaking country

As a hobby? Maybe yes, but if you are on the hunt for economic opportunities, better Spanish as the majority of Francophone countries are terribly poor. Besides, it is easier to learn Spanish than French. Also, the knowledge of Spanish helps in understanding Portuguese. So two languages in the bag. French is just too useless. Even Asians strive to learn English, not French. So why should an English speaker learn a language which most speakers are poor?

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by LaIabobo: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2023
CandidAdmin:
What are the advantages of learning a foreign language in the university and which language would you advise a person to learn?

Spanish or mandarin

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Warl0ck: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn arabic ooo
If u wan escape suicide bombers

3 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Navalsadiq(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2023
French or spanish
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by sonature1: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2023
sageb:

If you are in Unilag, Learn Chinese(Mandarin) language.
Other Universities, Major in French and minor in German.

I think Spanish is much better than Chinese.

While the knowledge of Chinese limits you to China and probably Hong Kong, there are a bunch of countries in South America and Europe that speak Spanish. Lest I forget, there are millions of Spanish-speaking US natives (Hispanics).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by emmaitive(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2023
favourRN:

Yes, I learned Spanish in Barbados while in nursing school, and it helped in communicating especially when traveling through Brazil, and the Panama route but personally it helped my communication with fellow Spanish nurses. I don't know how it could benefit more in Nigeria but outside the country it is.
are you a nurse
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by MrBroke(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn that Fuckin' Spanish . Holla, coma estas cheesy

And then you reply

Yo so buena grin

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Elidrisy20: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2023
Blablu
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by CartelKenneth: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2023
BigDawsNet:
French but me I love Spanish sha.. I'm a Spanish speaker... I work with couple of Mexican here in LA.. and its helps me build up my language skills

It depends on wherever you going

Canada - learn French
United States - learn Spanish
Europe - Learn french

So you’re accessing Nairaland from LA? cheesy
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by kiltoko1(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2023
Igbo language , if you are not Igbo person

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by GENES11S: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn HTML & CSS, JavaScript, PHP, and Python.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by SirLakes: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2023
Chinese....it will be useful for you to negotiate your way out when Chinese government finally come to take charge of Nigeria over unpaid debt grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Dennisbulkan: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2023
Chinese
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Joebayo217: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2023
German, Spanish, Korean
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by CartelKenneth: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Reference for that please. French as our 2nd official Language

It’s like a second language in northern Nigeria
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by kehnton(m): 11:06am On Apr 17, 2023
BigDawsNet:
French but me I love Spanish sha.. I'm a Spanish speaker... I work with couple of Mexican here in LA.. and its helps me build up my language skills

It depends on wherever you going

Canada - learn French
United States - learn Spanish
Europe - Learn french

Middle East, Learn Arabic,

Asia, learn Mandarin (Chinese)

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Phraences: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2023
Chinese or Mandarin. The next world power.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by clockwisereport: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
can you recommend a good place to learn please?

Alliance Francais

2 Likes

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by ceejayluv(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2023
Chinese
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Mayorseun: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2023
ARABIC LANGUAGE

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by roqrules04(m): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn Russian. Although it might seem difficult for an English speaker but you can do it . This is my 14th month learning and speaking Russian; it’s best learnt when you’re among Russian speakers☺️
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by dfrost: 11:09am On Apr 17, 2023
airsaylongcome:

They are similar not because of the masculine and feminine pronouns, they are similar because they both came from Latin

That's another angle. Italian and Portuguese came from Latin too but don't have that similarity.

That masculine and feminine sets them apart.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by Samsunny99: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn yoruba
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by dfrost: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2023
Phraences:
Chinese or Mandarin. The next world power.

They can and will never be. Go and write it down. No argue abeg 😋👌🤛
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by princetom1(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2023
Learn Bala blue and see as door opens for u
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by God2man2again(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2023
Are they speaking Spanish language in neighbouring African countries? No!

Equatorial Guinea is the only African speaking Spanish country in Africa.

I think French will be the best option since you can easily travel to neighbouring countries ( Benin, Cameroon, Cote de voire and Togo) for vacation, business, education, religion activities and so on.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by seunayantokun(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2023
French, Spanish, and German. Prioritise them.

If you have something seriously needed in Saudi Arabia, Dubai or Kuwait (you're a petrochemical engineer, teacher of English Language, etc), study Arabic .

You will thank God you did.
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by fatboyslym007: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2023
In the university? I advise None. (

But due to Nigeria's debt to China. I'll advice Mandarin... But NOT in NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY...
Re: Which Foreign Language Would You Advise One To Learn In The University by 24SEVEN: 11:14am On Apr 17, 2023
thesicilian:

Many Nigerians don't know, but French is actually our second official language and it's quite easy to learn as well

Bonjour

Cavà? Cava bien merci et vous.
grin grin grin grin grin grin.

That year for FGC in 1997.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

UNILAG Is Highest Ranked Nigerian University In Africa / Is Your JAMB 2012/2013 Score What You Expected? / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.