Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? (3631 Views)

I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Should I Divorce My Wife? / Should I divorce my wife for this? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 16, 2023
This question was asked, Nicodemeously, by one of my followers who is also a nairalander. I promised her that I will write about it for others to learn. Especially, our Christian sisters and mothers.

But before we begin, what do you think?
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by incandescentena: 6:33am On Apr 16, 2023
litigator:
This question was asked, Nicodemeously, by one of my followers who is also a nairalander. I promised her that I will write about it for others to learn. Especially, our Christian sisters and mothers.

Your religion practiced doesn't support that divorce. It's about choices!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kudman: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Duchessree(f): 6:43am On Apr 16, 2023
No , right now is when he needs you the most to stay by his side , to give him strength and support him.

Please this is my own opinion

13 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by santakris(m): 6:44am On Apr 16, 2023
But she should remember she swear for better for worse oath
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Puss360(f): 6:47am On Apr 16, 2023
No need to divorce since you are sure it's a terminal illness... Just wait till he kick the bucket
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 6:49am On Apr 16, 2023
santakris:
But she should remember she swear for better for worse oath
Like people keep every oath they swear in this life. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 6:49am On Apr 16, 2023
Puss360:
No need to divorce since you are sure it's a terminal illness... Just wait till he kick the bucket
After how many years of suffering? undecided

I am reminded of a story I watch of a woman who to endured abuse and pain from her terminally ill husband believing he would soon be no more. Well, not only she end up enduring for several years as the monster held on to life in that state for long, but she later got diagnosed with a terminal condition of her own and was given only a few months to live. No be wasted life be that. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by hopeforcharles(m): 6:50am On Apr 16, 2023
What happens to In sickness and In health? What happened to the vows? Would she be happy is he did same to her?
Be warned.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Foodqueen(f): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2023
Begin what
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 6:56am On Apr 16, 2023
litigator:
If a person has it on mind to do so, and their are no legal barriers, then it is that person's freedom to do so. undecided

There is nothing scriptural against divorce nor a divorce of that kind. Also, God does not force His Law on those who have no use for it so let's not attempt to drag God and His mention into a matter that has nothing to do with him. undecided
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Billionaire2: 7:54am On Apr 16, 2023
His mother will never ask this question.. she will always stay with him …

You see why we support Hakimi??

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Creamypie(m): 7:58am On Apr 16, 2023
Use hakimi as case study. If Hakimi was diagnosed of terminal illness, his mum go leave am?😡 thunder scatter peter okoye for marrying older woman against his late mums wish, and for being against Hakimi putting his wealth in his mums hand

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Dannysaka: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2023
litigator:

Isn't marriage supposed to be till death do us part? When he was healthy she had no problem eating his money, now he needs his wife the most, she wants a divorce

3 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by dawnomike(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2023
litigator:

Why land your husband in time of trouble... Is it right?
Anyways, i don't know what their marriage was like before his illness
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by conscienceman4(m): 9:17am On Apr 16, 2023
A man and a woman got married and right from that day the man started getting weaker and weaker until he got to a point where he needed support to climb the stairs.
But one Christmas day they came to church were they were prayed for and baptized even though they had baptized where they were coming from.
They got home that day and climbed the stairs without support that very day. He started getting stronger and stronger. His wife also got promoted at her office with breakthroughs everywhere.
Let me tell you. Even before that marriage, God knows a time like this will come. But what you do at this time is your choice.
If you run away it's your choice, if you stay and win the battle, it's your choice.
Remember one thing, karma's is real, what goes around comes around.
The choice is yours.
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Thortp(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2023
Make it vice versa and answer the question.
litigator:

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Gadafii: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2023
Same way hakimi wife filed for divorced when her husband hasn’t even been judged guilty of the râpe case by the court

Women are users, imagine this wife wants to leave her husband because he has terminal illness, right now that he needed her most, I am sure she has drained him and see that he’s no longer wealthy

If she knows there are property for her to inherit when he dies she wouldn’t leave him oo

2 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Gadafii: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
After how many years of suffering? undecided

I am reminded of a story I watch of a woman who to endured abuse and pain from her terminally ill husband believing he would soon be no more. Well, not only she end up enduring for several years as the monster held on to life in that state for long, but she later got diagnosed with a terminal condition of her own and was given only a few months to live. No be wasted life be that. undecided
terrible liar, can you tell us where you watched this story or the name of the movie

We are talking about real life situations and you are mentioning a story you watched??

Would this mans mother seek advise wether to leave his terminal ill son, I pity men who can’t sea how deceptive women are, if this man was as rich as Ned nwoko or tinubu, would she consider leaving him, when she knows she would inherit fortune ?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2023
Gadafii:
terrible liar, can you tell us where you watched this story or the name of the movie

We are talking about real life situations and you are mentioning a story you watched??

Would this mans mother seek advise wether to leave his terminal ill son, I pity men who can’t sea how deceptive women are, if this man was as rich as Ned nwoko or tinubu, would she consider leaving him, when she knows she would inherit fortune ?
Here's real life stories for you

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-chat/thread/emotional-abuse-from-a-partner-who-has-cancer-how-to-cope
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by lereinter(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2023
Hmmm

For better for worst is easier to say

Very difficult situation, especially if there's no money for proper medical treatment

Also

Men too can also leave a wife if she's terminally sick

In all its a very difficult test of faith situation

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Fahvvy: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2023
Dannysaka:

Isn't marriage supposed to be till death do us part? When he was healthy she had no problem eating his money, now he needs his wife the most, she wants a divorce

Sheybi when people say things like "women are users" "women love men only for what they can gain" and the likes, some folks will be shouting "misogyny", now look at it undecided...

When things are alright, "I'll be with you till death do us part", when things are bad "this isn't what I signed up for, I want out"

OP...
Tell her to leave him, oga deserves better and will prolly be better off without her in his life undecided...

A woman who can even conceive the thoughts of leaving her man in such trying times is a demon, let her go! undecided...

Being alone is a whole lot better than being with someone who have no qualms leaving you when things goes south undecided...
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by cococandy(f): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2023
Billionaire2:
His mother will never ask this question.. she will always stay with him …

You see why we support Hakimi??

He won’t even ask the question, he will leave her and start sleeping with another woman the moment she gets sick. It’s been researched with Evidence that majority of men do not stay with their sick wives. So shush

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by cococandy(f): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2023
Don’t be proudly ignorant
Fahvvy:

Sheybi when people say things like "women are users" "women love men only for what they can gain" and the likes, some folks will be shouting "misogyny", now look at it undecided...

When things are alright, "I'll be with you till death do us part", when things are bad "this isn't what I signed up for, I want out"

OP...
Tell her to leave him, oga deserves better and will prolly be better off without her in his life undecided...

A woman who can even conceive the thoughts of leaving her man in such trying times is a demon, let her go! undecided...

Being alone is a whole lot better than being with someone who have no qualms leaving you when things goes south undecided...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by cococandy(f): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2023
Gadafii:
Same way hakimi wife filed for divorced when her husband hasn’t even been judged guilty of the râpe case by the court

Women are users, imagine this wife wants to leave her husband because he has terminal illness, right now that he needed her most, I am sure she has drained him and see that he’s no longer wealthy

If she knows there are property for her to inherit when he dies she wouldn’t leave him oo

Loud and ignorant AF

4 Likes

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by siofra(f): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2023
Do you think he will stay if you were sick

Please leave him and go and enjoy your life. Nothing do you.

Besides, men are more likely than women to abandon their sick partners.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-partners-health-idUSTRE5AB0C520091112

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Lamanii22(f): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2023
No, in sickness and in health stick with your spouse….

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by IyaTola: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2023
litigator:

When it was sweet, why didn't she divorce the man?
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by RomanGreen: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2023
The question should be, should your husband divorce if you have a terminal illness? When you answer this genuinely then you will have your answer undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by RomanGreen: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
grin
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Kobojunkiee: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
cococandy:
That is indeed reality for you! shocked
Re: Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness? by Fahvvy: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
cococandy:

First off...
Where in my write up did I compare men and women in issues like this? undecided... Abi is this one of your delusional "smart" response? grin...

Secondly...
"Being alone is a whole lot better than being with someone who have no qualms leaving you when things goes south undecided..."

This concluding statement of mine is not gender specific, but I guess a "smart ass" like you couldn't figure that out uhn grin...

Enjoy your day "smart ass" grin...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Don't Understand My Husband Anymore / Its 2013 And I Am Still Single! / Who Do You Obey? (for The Girls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.