Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,338 members, 7,860,841 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) (31646 Views)

Obi v Tinubu: Tribunal admits documents on Tinubu's alleged illicit drug offence / David Hundeyin Publish Documentary On Tinubu's Alleged Drug Involvement In US / Fashola Speaks On Completion Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Cromagnon: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
FatimaAbubakar:
No amount of face-saving techniques can erase the dirty fact about the old Guinean drug pusher called Bola Tinubu aka Amuda Yekini.
O he's not from Iragbiji again? May Tinubu not run you mad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by slivertongue: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
onuman:

Yes. Looking at the way Fashola talked about Tinubu here, Fashola can't trust Tinubu on anything, and not proud of Tinubu.

There are limits to which one can stake his reputation for another especially for a person with endless baggages

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Cromagnon: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2023
tomax026:
NOBODY CAN BE SENSIBLE, AND SUPPORT A CONTROVERSIAL MAN/DRUG LORD/FRAUDSTER TO BE HIS PRESIDENT.
ONLY FOOLS CAN BE PROUD OF THAT.
Yeah
They support serial losers instead. Smgdh
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by sta1: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
BreconHills:

Can you kindly show me where it says Presidential candidates with dual citizenship are disallowed from contesting?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Nigeria

Eligibility

Chapter VI, Part I, Section 131 of the constitution states that a person may be qualified for election of the office of the president if:[38]

They are a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
They have attained the age of 35 years (40 before 2018[39]);
They are a member of a political party and are sponsored by that political party;
They have been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
A person who meets the above qualifications is still disqualified from holding the office of the president if:

They have voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria (except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly) or they have made a declaration of allegiance to such other country;

They have been elected to such office at any two previous elections...etc.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by BreconHills(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
sta1:

Eligibility

Chapter VI, Part I, Section 131 of the constitution states that a person may be qualified for election of the office of the president if:[38]

They are a member of a political party and are sponsored by that political party;
They have been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
A person who meets the above qualifications is still disqualified from holding the office of the president if:

They have voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria (except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly) or they have made a declaration of allegiance to such other country;

I see. We wait..
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by naturefellow(m): 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
omooba74:
Well,I won't waste my time exchanging words with u,I know you are pained.....May GOD heals your u.
LOL. Typical response when ignorami are told the truth.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by shinealight(m): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
meum:
I think the same constitution he is referring to is very explicit on the issue of dual citizenship on whoever aspires to become president

Wow! Coming from a SAN: “I will check. But I doubt that the Nigerian constitution makes you disentitled if you have dual citizenship, because the constitution allows you to have dual citizenship” All I can say is that he is only trying to dodge the question

What does the Constitution say about the President having dual citizenship….pls tell us since you know so much about it.
Does Obianor who ran away to the United States after his second term In Anambra have dual citizenship?
One would imagine that whatever applies to a President also applies to a Governor?! Pls clarify SIR!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by BreconHills(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
sta1:

Eligibility

I have been thinking about this.

I think each case will be treated on its merits. To give an example. A person was given a passport by a foreign country to enable him escape persecution. If that person later wishes to stand for President in NG will they be barred?

The bolded suggests that the act must be voluntary while the second part of the restrictions aims to explain what "voluntary" looks like? Which is to formally take an oath of allegiance which a priori would enable them to be called up to even wage war on their country of birth.

Let me make this real. Someone I know was ambassador at large for an African country and represented them in certain situations as they could not afford to fund embassies everywhere. He had a diplomatic passport. I do not think such a person would be precluded from the NG presidency because it did not involve the taking of an oath of allegiance to that country.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Jack500: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2023
derecho:
Nothing about Tinubu is correct.
Anyways, we can't be distracted by Inspector Fash of LekkiMassacre.

All eyes on the Courts because
Tinubu will NEVER be Nigeria's President

You are still living in the past, may 29 will correct your delusion
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by HNICEARTH: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2023
SAN wey no know constitution. Damn! Confirm Ode
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Jack500: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2023
ganisucks:
Na laff I dey laff. Ten years from now, you'll hear them saying Baba Lagos was done the same thing as MKO.

Ten thousands of your fathers can't stop Tinubu
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by thiddy2015: 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
Another gbege for Agbado man and his followers we shall meet in court.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by biggie73(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
Gambia of all the countries in the world. Election is over.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by randymirrors(f): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
BRF is so intelligent. I watched the whole thing live!

He's next in line after BAT, and North.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by TemplarLandry: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
He's fit for the job.
randymirrors:

He's next in line after BAT, and North.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Sunnyja: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
DOptical:
Fashola didn't answer the question because you've got to provide proven facts first, not trash! Fashola is a legal practitioner who knows this! As a matter of fact, he also pointed out other propaganda trash that have been circulating..

Just as Fashola stated, dual citizenship doesn't stop anyone from their elected position. The so called dual citizenship was even issued recently and has expired. So, how is it a problem? Obi recently had Dallas citizenship which hasn't even expired, did that stop him from contesting? Much ado about nothing.

Anyway, social media needs to be restricted like South Korea and Japanese do. Writing trash in the name of Cloutshasing shouldn't be a career. This is for David hundeyin and his ilks. In saner clime, such people would find themselves in prison! Same David hundeyin was sent out of Oxford university for fraud! That's a sane clime.

Some worthless talentless people would just come on social media to write trash for clout chasing.. In a sane clime, such people would found their useless ass in prison! Imagine the nonsensical social media craziness these days.

Anyone without a certified journalism degree with registered media house has no business writing trash! Even at that, you have to come correct! Lots of things need to be in place TBH. Even our legislators who don't have law degrees, Bar exam excellence and experience as a legal practitioners have no business as legislators! Worse is some of them don't even have careers at all. Politics shouldn't be a career! Neither is clout chasing!
What are you even say?
Didn't you read the part where agent Fash said "I will check".
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Decent09(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
derecho:
Nothing about Tinubu is correct.
Anyways, we can't be distracted by Inspector Fash of LekkiMassacre.

All eyes on the Courts because
Tinubu will NEVER be Nigeria's President

Continue to Wail Jare
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by omooba74(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ooh I see,Mr red .......u na eyes go clear on May 29,when the man you hated so much becomes the GCFR...........
REALretep:
Stop wailing
Red is my signature font colour
It's checkmate for your Drug Lord grin
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by omooba74(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
The truth of the matter is that,the man you wished to had died during electoral campaigns, ASIWAJU TINUBU is your c-in-c comes May 29.Absolutely nothing you can about it.............
naturefellow:
LOL. Typical response when ignorami are told the truth.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by naturefellow(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
omooba74:
The truth of the matter is that,the man you wished to had died during electoral campaigns, ASIWAJU TINUBU is your c-in-c comes May 29. Absolutely nothing you can about it
and when your almighty asiwaju fails and is disgraced as deserved, I'll remind you about this dumb and ignorant comment. I hope you'd still have the strength to run your mouth like you're doing now.

Only dictators force themselves on people. Not democrats.

Dumbass!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Vitally123: 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2023
If the constitution of Nigeria allows an individual to have a dual citizenship, how about lying under oath, denying one doesn't have dual citizenship, when one actually has? Lies will always beget more lies in chain reactions. This tongue-twisting must stop.
Go to court, go to court, "Jungle don mature" in their words; food don done, let's eat. James Bond camera.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by omooba74(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
A fool like u you should have known that man is not God,you wished him to fail but God raised him above all his enemies,your hatred filled heart will just stop working if you continue like this.......May 29 is not far again,you will all be shamed.............
Shameless Dimwit.........

naturefellow:
and when your almighty asiwaju fails and is disgraced as deserved, I'll remind you about this dumb and ignorant comment. I hope you'd still have the strength to run your mouth like you're doing now.

Only dictators force themselves on people. Not democrats.

Dumbass!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by naturefellow(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
omooba74:
A fool like u you should have known that man is not God,you wished him to fail but God raised him above all his enemies,your hatred filled heart will just stop working if you continue like this.......May 29 is not far again,you will all be shamed.............
Shameless Dimwit.........

Ellipsis. It's three dots. Not 5, or whatever you do up there. Understand basic punctuation before you vituperate.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by thisisit: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2023
SO THE GAZETTED EX-CONVICT IS ALSO A GUINEAN CITIZEN WHICH HE DID NOT DECLARE... PERJURY LOADING.

AS A SMART, CERTIFIED AND SUCCESSFUL TOUT ENTREPRENUER .. THE PRESIDENT SELECT SHOULD GET SMARTER LAWYERS THAN THESE UNCONSCIOUSLY INCOMPETENT SANS
(KEYAMO & FASH) TO RESCUE HIS DEAD END POLITICAL CAREER.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by kenedyx: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2023
somehow:

Do they normally give the interview questions to invitees before the interviews?

Fair enough. Him being a SAN though, I'm still not about to cut him any slack.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by MT: 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
sta1:

It is aleady a given that to become Nigerian president, one has to be Nigerian by birth...thus the assertion that the 'not a dual-citizen' stipulation applies to Nigerians who initially became Nigerians through registration or naturalization, is illogical and redundant.

Eligibility

1. First of all, when you are having scholarly argument, you are forbidden to quote wikipedia as a reference because literaly anyone can edit it. Any scholarly article will not reference Wikepedia.

2. The judgement from the appeal court quoted above is clear as a daylight. Let me quote a particular part of the Judgement for you:

"That is the clear meaning of the provisions in sections 66(1) and 28 of the 1999 constitution when taken together".

This means you cannot quote section 66(1) of the constitution in isolation but you need to quote both 66(1) and 28 of the 1999 constitution together to get a meaningful understanding. This was the judgement of the appeal of court. Read the Judgement in its entirety.

Citizenship by BIRTH has no limitation even if you voluntarily have a DUAL citizenship. Case closed.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Beolly(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2023
Yaribanzaonic:
The fact that Fashola is celebrated by agbadorians as intelligent..is a slap to their claim of being sophisticated.

Fashola is Keyamo Version 2.0

Both are daft and don't deserve to be called SANs..

Just imagine who Agbado supporters call educated?

Spits..
Ipob apologist we know una. Fashola is one of the best governors in the history of this country.
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by kayjay69(m): 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2023
Which one be Dallas citizenship again oh.
Damn, this one must be fresh from one of your APC WhatsApp groups.
DOptical:
Fashola didn't answer the question because you've got to provide proven facts first, not trash! Fashola is a legal practitioner who knows this! As a matter of fact, he also pointed out other propaganda trash that have been circulating..

Just as Fashola stated, dual citizenship doesn't stop anyone from their elected position. The so called dual citizenship was even issued recently and has expired. So, how is it a problem? Obi recently had Dallas citizenship which hasn't even expired, did that stop him from contesting? Much ado about nothing.

Anyway, social media needs to be restricted like South Korea and Japanese do. Writing trash in the name of Cloutshasing shouldn't be a career. This is for David hundeyin and his ilks. In saner clime, such people would find themselves in prison! Same David hundeyin was sent out of Oxford university for fraud! That's a sane clime.

Some talentless people would just come on social media to write trash for clout chasing.. In a sane clime, such people would found their useless ass in prison! Imagine the nonsensical social media craziness these days.

Anyone without a certified journalism degree, a member of nuj society and with registered media house has no business writing gibberish! Even at that, you have to come correct! Lots of things need to be in place TBH. Even our legislators who don't have law degrees, Bar exam excellence and experience as a legal practitioners have no business as legislators! Worse is some of these legislators don't even have careers at all. Politics shouldn't be a career! Neither is clout chasing!
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Poleski: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
Tinubu committed perjury which is a criminal offence. A warrant for his arrest should be issued.
He's also unqualified to be President.

Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Jcael(m): 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
Very engaging interview
Re: Fashola Speaks On Tinubu’s Alleged Dual Citizenship (Video) by Halo22: 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2023
Oh! How are the mighty fallen. Imagine an erudite legal luminary of Fashola's Calibre making a mess of himself, in a bid to defend Tinubu. There's no how u will hold brief for Tinubu without sounding stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Looted Billions: Buhari Tightens Noose On Jonathan’s Men - Vanguard / El-Rufai Dines With Aliko Dangote And john Oyegun At Lagos Event / Yele Omogunwa & Bamidele Baderinwa Beaten During Osinbajo’s Visit To Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.