Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? (65892 Views)

This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Blazadenise(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2023
No driving school in Lagos early 2000’s that didn't rock this car

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Hallabee1(m): 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
Aje..

Soo kin Soo.. drop make I drop

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Delightsome2023: 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2023
pstemma1990:
They are plenty in Kaduna.. I priced one 2 years ago.. The seller asked me to bring 75k.
you sure say no be spoilt one
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by McBolt: 11:57pm On Apr 19, 2023
Please , I am interested anyone with information on how to get one should please link me up!
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Haul09011617135(m): 11:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
cheesy cheesy grin angry sad cool cool embarassed embarassed undecided undecided kiss cry
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Fearyourcreator: 12:33am On Apr 20, 2023
SonofGod231:
Just like yesterday,in the late 80's I remember my Dad using it to pick us from elementary school.
The car engine was at the back while the boot was in front. The passanger in front wld have to come down for others to enter the backseat..My mum wld always nag when she's in front and she has to come down for us to go into the back.
The car was a problem because it was always stopping and keeping us on the road. We always carry bottles of water to cool off the engine and hammer to hit it to restart until my Dad finally sold it for good and bought a pick up.
Beetle is an ancient car as far back as I can remember.
I found out Volkswagen now owns Bentley, Lamborghini and Skoda#Amazing!!
Bole kaso
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Kobicove(m): 12:34am On Apr 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
They are plenty in Kaduna.. I priced one 2 years ago.. The seller asked me to bring 75k.

Really?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Teeroyzimma: 12:46am On Apr 20, 2023
Albertone:

You don old oo
You go don reach like 50 years old now.
You would think most of the rascals on this nairaland are 18-30 but most of them are 45+ insulting people and their tribes up and down

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by BeanX(m): 1:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
The car is still been used over here in Germany tongue
Who dash u Germany?...brokeass like u

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by BeanX(m): 1:09am On Apr 20, 2023
Osobi32:
I saw a picture of one today that is well pimped..... Am starting to think of getting one for myself 😃
Looks nice..

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by FBS: 1:17am On Apr 20, 2023
Yes we do. Ijapka all the way.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Frankcallys(m): 1:20am On Apr 20, 2023
Here is the latest model, the 2022 model. We are still driving it here

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Juju70(m): 1:32am On Apr 20, 2023
Na our houseboy thief our own go cotinou.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by IME1: 2:25am On Apr 20, 2023
My first car.
I learnt how to drive with it and then owned it.
I'm looking for a working one to have as vintage car.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by IME1: 2:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Teeroyzimma:
You would think most of the rascals on this nairaland are 18-30 but most of them are 45+ insulting people and their tribes up and down

If this is true then it's unfortunate cause the level of hate and immaturity is really worrisome.
But why behave in a manner not fitting ones age?
The 'rascals' here who are above 40 should rethink.
That's it's a faceless forum does not call for it.
It's a small world and identities can be revealed eventually.
Imagine say you banter with your teacher, doctor or landlord here and you no know grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by FireUpNow(m): 3:23am On Apr 20, 2023
Octopusssy:

For real?? I haven't seen this car in Nigeria in a very long time
One is parked in a house not too far away from me. That's a vintage car now.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by funshint(m): 4:13am On Apr 20, 2023
SonofGod231:
Just like yesterday,in the late 80's I remember my Dad using it to pick us from elementary school.
The car engine was at the back while the boot was in front. The passanger in front wld have to come down for others to enter the backseat..My mum wld always nag when she's in front and she has to come down for us to go into the back.
The car was a problem because it was always stopping and keeping us on the road. We always carry bottles of water to cool off the engine and hammer to hit it to restart until my Dad finally sold it for good and bought a pick up.
Beetle is an ancient car as far back as I can remember.
I found out Volkswagen now owns Bentley, Lamborghini and Skoda#Amazing!!
And Audi

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by johndavid1(m): 4:41am On Apr 20, 2023
That's what we call Tortoise car back in the day's aka Beatle 😀😀😀
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by sirgbeja(m): 5:01am On Apr 20, 2023
Abiola in makurdi still drives that car.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by dreamxhaser: 5:10am On Apr 20, 2023
I dey see this car well well for Kaduna. Although it's been up to 2 years I saw one last.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Shinor(m): 5:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Octopusssy:

Go Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by OloYeOfEgbE: 5:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Shinor:

Go Ibadan

You nor lie
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by 77up(m): 5:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Octopusssy:

Still around , still spotted one few days ago in Osogbo.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by huntax(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2023
KingMack:
the only car that year wey carry engine for back and if e dey overheat no to raise the cover make breeze blow shege comot for the engine nyash😆😂

I don't think it even has a radiator.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Bjteensdes24: 5:58am On Apr 20, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
One thing I always wanted to know was weda these bettles came with air conditioning??
Air conditioning ke nothing like that in the car then o
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by silifat11(m): 6:17am On Apr 20, 2023
My Dad first car niyen oo

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Cassandraloius: 6:18am On Apr 20, 2023
Back then, when I was still a kid, I do call it tortoise car.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 6:29am On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
Let's welcome old school.
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?
na beetle 😂😂😂 been dey more popular. My uncle been get. E like to dey catch 🔥

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 6:30am On Apr 20, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Back then, when I was still a kid, I do call it tortoise car.
yes Tortoise or beetle

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by kingreign(m): 6:31am On Apr 20, 2023
pstemma1990:

What part of Kaduna?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 6:32am On Apr 20, 2023
77up:
Still around , still spotted one few days ago in Osogbo.
yes, but remodified

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) / Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.