Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? (66004 Views)

This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by KingMack(m): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
Bobbyjay001:

Some skoda model too carry engine for back bro.
I remember this car Wella. I don't know why people remove it's throttle pedal and use the metal pedal laidat.

You've to press down the gear and shift forward to get the reverse gear.

Some people sef dey open boot small put empty engine oil keg hold am from closing to allow breeze enter the engine.

Ha! I suffer from this car hand up n 2000 when I finished secondary school. My dad owned one on the 80's and also bought another one in year 2000.
The day traveled and left this car ehh! I started it with and took it out with my friends. Car started burning for back , me and my friends use sand extinguished fire and push car go home. Use broom sweep sand. Just left it laidat. Father came back, discovered sand and ask me wetin happen. I no fit talk. The kind beating I take , mouth no fit talk am o.

kwakwakwa ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Spin4: 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
SonofGod231:
Just like yesterday,in the late 80's I remember my Dad using it to pick us from elementary school.
The car engine was at the back while the boot was in front. The passanger in front wld have to come down for others to enter the backseat..My mum wld always nag when she's in front and she has to come down for us to go into the back.
The car was a problem because it was always stopping and keeping us on the road. We always carry bottles of water to cool off the engine and hammer to hit it to restart until my Dad finally sold it for good and bought a pick up.
Beetle is an ancient car as far back as I can remember.
I found out Volkswagen now owns Bentley, Lamborghini and Skoda#Amazing!!
Rich kid spotted!
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by EmmyNorse(m): 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
Na this car my father and his friend take carry me go back boarding house that year

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by 77up(m): 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tonytonex:
yes, but remodified
Not that supposed new model that suface some years back which was not stand the text of time o , I mean that old model one.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by pclick(m): 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
laughs... them de start am like grinding machine....e get choke... ;Dlaughs... them de start am like grinding machine....e get choke...
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by femi4love(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
Let's welcome old school.
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?

I had one which was sold in 1998 grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by President2001(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
If I can get the one that was cleaned and ok like this, I will buy
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by ifihearam: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
people still drives it in South Africa.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Brownshoe: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
The car was design for westerners( white) at the time of design they never thought there is a place called Africa.

Till today they never thought of us in mind, that's why you see 95% of our cars have connect fan directly to battery to solve the problem of overheating.

Until then keeping managing your overheating cars, and let pray their engineer reason our matter one day or better still drive a car made for Africa by Africa( MFABA) on the that day Africa is finally free.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Zico777(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
obidevine:

Same here but I learnt how to drive in 1995
Wow! U are my senior colleague.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Brownshoe: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2023
EmmyNorse:
Na this car my father and his friend take carry me go back boarding house that year
pls I know this doesn't concern the thread,

Like how much is the cheapest Ford engine? and do you sell ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by seunayantokun(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
With alloys?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by mordred44: 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ijapa tortoise
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by maryalloy(f): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Treasure17:
It was a thing then. Sold ours in 2014 grin

They still drive it till now
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by SonofGod231: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Spin4:

Rich kid spotted!
Baba๐Ÿ™Œ
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by udomma1005(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
My mum drove that machine ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Lighthouse50: 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
pstemma1990:
They are plenty in Kaduna.. I priced one 2 years ago.. The seller asked me to bring 75k.
Im interested in it if i can get it for 50k
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Raymeskey: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2023
I just saw one of it this night

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Frankcallys(m): 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tonytonex:
I hope this one is not catching fire like the old one?

No, it's not. This one is perfect ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by DrDunamis(m): 11:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?
Tortoise car you mean abi beetle.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Obiebanks007(m): 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
Mindlog:

I will certainly buy one that is still motorable soon and have it pimped up.๐Ÿ˜Ž

angry
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Obiebanks007(m): 11:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
Obiebanks007:

Please don't waste that money, better find someone in need n sew a seed in the persons life.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by skywalker240(m): 12:38am On Apr 21, 2023
Icrave4u:
1975 Volkswagen.
Throw back !

Who can recall?
That's not a 1975 vehicle undecided

That's a car made in the late fifties and early sixties
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Delightsome2023: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2023
pstemma1990:
there's no Nigerian used car that does not have one problem... The best thing to check is the engine and gear, once these two are OK.. U can fix the other ones.. (why I said engine and gear, because they are not much in the market again.
alright bro so like how much do you think I can get that beetle over there in the north
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Delightsome2023: 12:50am On Apr 21, 2023
Germi9:
Aka CatchFire grin
e dey quick catch fire?
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Delightsome2023: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2023
SmSolo:
This is it, modified.
still scrab
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by FantasyWolf(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2023
Tortoise car
Alhajis bin love am that year
Trunk for front engine for back..
Oh wow
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 7:13am On Apr 21, 2023
77up:
Not that supposed new model that suface some years back which was not stand the text of time o , I mean that old model one.
anybody wey go still dey drive that old model, the person and mad person have something in common, shameless.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Tonytonex(m): 7:16am On Apr 21, 2023
Delightsome2023:
e dey quick catch fire?
yes na. You didn't know?
People wey get am dey always have fire extinguisher.
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Karlifate: 8:15am On Apr 21, 2023
Raymeskey:
I just saw one of it this night

Are you Germany

The owner seems to be a Nazi ๅ
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Raymeskey: 9:16am On Apr 21, 2023
Karlifate:

Are you Germany
.... Germany kรณ, Buhari is dealing with all of us here

The owner seems to be a Nazi ๅ I don't know, I just saw the vehicle at my front while I was in a traffic and I remembered this thread
Re: Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? by Germi9: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Delightsome2023:
e dey quick catch fire?
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo) / Inside The โ‚ฆ181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous / T's Garage (landrover And Cars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.