Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? (1814 Views)

Alam's Son:jonathan's Govt Is Insincere -keyamo / Alam: Gej's Pardon Is ‘final Nail In The Coffin’ For Fighting Graft-ribadu / Alam From Fry Pan To Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2007
From Self-acclaimed Ijaw governor-general.

Please read this: http://odili.net/news/source/2007/sep/3/806.html

I still cant believe a govenor standing up to a serving President and in President's chamber and say thus: "I told him he would leave on May 29, 2007 and I asked him not to threaten me again."

He hardly mention those collasal amount of money found on him in London, probably OBJ planted that as well.

What do you think folks?
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by chidichris(m): 6:55pm On Sep 03, 2007
pls do not blame him, he has gone through a lot of things and the mal-function of his senses may not be impossible.
remember obj went through the same thing and it equally affected him that we nigerians had to pay darely for accepting a lunatic for a president.
again,no matter how we look at it, other govs and officials were doing the same and they all know it.
Dariye had the same case but did not suffer like alams-why? is nigeria using two different constitutions?
andy uba was caught in the usa but ribadu tagged it a civil case so who is decieving who?
he was not loyal to the almighty obj. or did n't see how odili was asked to withdraw his presidential ambition or face efcc.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Mamajama(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2007
chidichris I honestly believed something is missing from your brain. you do not think logical at all. ALAM should shut the hell up. Was OBJ behind him buying Chelsae Hotel in ABUJA? was OBJ involved in all HIS stealing and looting. the journalist who published this crap should cut his head off and flush it down the toilet. Why didn't they asked him where he got the money that was found on him in London from? why didn't they asked him to account for all the houses he bought and the huge amount found in the trust funds for his children. ALAM is nothing but a freaking ROUGE and should be put against a barrel and fire
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2007
General Mamajama Obasanjo versus General ChidiChris Alam
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by babasin(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2007
ALAM is nothing but a freaking ROUGE and should be put against a barrel and fire

and OBJ that turns a moribound farm into golden-egg laying farm; should be kissed for a job well done

grin cheesy grin
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Mamajama(m): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2007
Nigerians cases are won in the court of law based on FACTS. WAS OBJ ever indicted and found guilty? No, allegations is all we have against OBJ. ALAM on the other hand was caught red handed, he even dressed like a ugly female to escape prosecution. babasin attitude and statements like that is what is killing Nigeria today. why cant IJAW people change the name of Niger Delta to ALAM delta.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2007
@ChidiChris

Nobody is claiming other governors are saint. Their time will come,

Is Alams a thief?

Yes sir.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2007
Mamajama:

why can't IJAW people change the name of Niger Delta to ALAM delta.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by cgift(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2007
wh yare all of you fighting? The ijaws love ALAM why ar you all killing urself. They still love hime despite the treasury he loot! Haba!
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2007
cgift:

wh yare all of you fighting? The ijaws love ALAM why ar you all killing yourself. They still love hime despite the treasury he loot! Haba!

I just dont understand!

They cant deal with their Son_Thief yet will be complaining of neglect.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by mrmetoo(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2007
That thief of a man should never be made to speak again. The only publicity he should get is when they find more money he has stolen and its being revealed. I agree the reporter should be ashamed of himself for giving that criminal the time of day. Talking about OBJ this, OBJ that. Did u steal money? Yes. Are you a criminal? Yes. Thats all I want to hear from that guy. I'm not even saying OBJ didn't commit all those atrocities but where do u get off serving the devil half way? Again I agree with an earlier post saying that his brain must be leaking (just paraphrasing) from all he went through because he really doesn't sound sane.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by jejelolatu(f): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2007
some peole are chronic  liars,they can't tell the truth.

what do u expect from a man who jumped bail in london and fled to nigeria dressed in female clothing.

but i would not completely blame him,if the people of his state can organise a welcome bash for him,if his people can shout and reJoice because their "son" has returned ,why then wouldnt he have the  confidence to boast.

this is the resultant effect of plea bargaining-the thief believes he has negotiating power and hence he feels he can hold the country to ransome.

that is why the great marley said "we don't want peace,we want equal right and JUSTICE.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by ono(m): 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2007
Jokes aside, I believe Alams fell out out of favour with OBJ at the time. That's why OBJ sent the bulldog, [EFCC] after him.

But in retrospect, I think Alams should thank his stars that he's still alive to tell the story of how he survived the ordeal.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 5:28pm On Sep 04, 2007
ono:

Jokes aside, I believe Alams fell out out of favour with OBJ at the time. That's why OBJ sent the bulldog, [EFCC] after him.

But in retrospect, I think Alams should thank his stars that he's still alive to tell the story of how he survived the ordeal.

Long time Ono

Did i expect a contrary comment from you? NO

I knew you might even say, he didnt even steal at all. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by angel101(f): 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2007
The man cannot even convince himself with his pitiable statements let alone convince me! rubbish! he should shut up and go and sleep somewhere joo!
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by jejelolatu(f): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2007
It is very disheartning dat sum pple see efcc has SIMPLY a watch dog. Shal we continue in sin that grace may abound?shd efcc let corrupt leaders who divert education funds,health aids nd other monies that wd help change the society into their private accounts,go scot free ,so they wnt be accused of victimisation? When i read certain post on nland i get more convinced dat d problem with naija isnt leadership but followership. Fela said in his song-if u must follow follow make u open eyes nd open ears. D likes of alams take advantage of naijas that cnt think for themselves.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2007
jejelolatu:

[size=14pt]Fela said in his song-if u must follow follow make u open eyes nd open ears. D likes of alams take advantage of naijas that cnt think for themselves. [/size]

To Ono and his people with love grin
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by labiyemmy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2007
the guy likes to talk rubbish.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by ono(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2007
Lets all be objective for once. That Alams stole while he was at Creek Haven is a fact that's known to all Naija people, and his fellow thieves at the time.

I personally don't listen to the accuser alone before drawing a line. I also love to hear the accused too to get a grip on what actually transpired between the two.

I have always known that Alams will be freed one day. What I didn't know was ''when'' I wanted to read his own side of the travails he was subjected to by Federal authorities under OBJ. He has done just that. It's left for sensible people to read up his statements, look at them in the light of all that happened two years back and draw a line.

I have done this and I believe that Alams would have served his terms fully as Governor in Bayelsa if he had supported OBJ's third term ambition - even if that does not come to fruition at the end of the day. I don't doubt the fact that he stole. But that he stole so much, as depicted by EFCC is what I don't believe. But then, that's my personal opinion.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2007
ono:

Lets all be objective for once. That Alams stole while he was at Creek Haven is a fact that's known to all Naija people, and his fellow thieves at the time.

I personally don't listen to the accuser alone before drawing a line. I also love to hear the accused too to get a grip on what actually transpired between the two.

I have always known that Alams will be freed one day. What I didn't know was ''when'' I wanted to read his own side of the travails he was subjected to by Federal authorities under OBJ. He has done just that. It's left for sensible people to read up his statements, look at them in the light of all that happened two years back and draw a line.

I have done this and I believe that Alams would have served his terms fully as Governor in Bayelsa if he had supported OBJ's third term ambition - even if that does not come to fruition at the end of the day. I don't doubt the fact that he stole. But that he stole so much, as depicted by EFCC is what I don't believe. But then, that's my personal opinion.

So how much does he stole Mr Ono?

Lets do the comparison. It seems you know what we dont know.

Waiting sir.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by ono(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2007
Kola,
Firstly, I must greet you properly for coming back to this political board after staying away for so long. Kaa bo.

My dear friend, there are quite a lot of Alams threads on this board. Just search for them and you'll see all of the numerous theft charges brought against this man. They are innumerable. At a time, I thought Alams must have been taking 75% of the nations monthly income from crude sales for him to have such stupendous ''wealth''. But I had to take some time out and look at those startling figures closely. I looked at everything in the light of all that Alams went through at the time - the nature of his impeachment (remember the kangaroo assembly headed by the present Bayelsa state Deputy Governor, when he was speaker), his dressing as a woman to escape from London, the tummy tuck story, his owning a refinery somewhere in the middle east, other stuff like that. 

I concluded this must be the greatest movie show to deceive ignorant Nigerians who are looking for thieves to kill and lynch amongst their ''elite rulers''. It didn't take long before I realised that I wasn't far from the truth. I believe Alams stole so much from Bayelsa. But I also believe that Baba Iyabo took stealing from the nations treasury to the limit. And Odili stole very much in Rivers State too. He was not prosecuted, rather he's still living in government house in Portharcourt. The story long. But simple minded people like una no go understand. So, no point typing away like crazy.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Akolawole(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2007
@Ono

Dont worry, others will be caught.

Kalu nko with all the noise?

I hope you remember Tafa Balogun sha.

Odili and Lucky's own is coming very soon.

A thief is a thief and Alams is one.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by cgift(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2007
who go catch [b]obj [/b]now?
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by BigB11(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2007
If daddy is on crack, will you blame the son for getting drunk?

Daddy= OBJ
Son= ALAMS

None of these people is a saint.
But I still hold OBJ responsible for all this mess. The opportunity OBJ had to change things for better only comes once in a life time, but he deliberately did not take advantage of the opportunity.
He did not lead by showing great examples.

He was pretty much unprofessional, vindictive, childish, corrupt, unfocused, reckless and totally lost touch with the entire nation.
If the president is defective and corrupt, what do you expect from the governors and others?
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by MT: 1:58am On Sep 07, 2007
I detest pple that live on rumours rather than facts.

And it's quite disheartening how some people could be whipping up defence for someone like ALAMS.

Moreso, it's so sad that people can rubbish what Obasanjo did for the country. He's a human being ,he flourished in some dept while he failed in some. Some pple write as if this man has never done anything positive for Nigeria.

What a generation ! What a country! What a thought!
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by BigB11(m): 2:58am On Sep 07, 2007
And I wonder who these people may be?

My man, simmer down; nobody is defending ALAMS, infact ALAMS can go straight to hell.
What we are trying to do here is discovering what really happened and how we can move forward and never repeat the same failure.

Yes, OBJ did few things right, but also intentionally made enormous mistakes.

e.g: You built a house for the under-privileged citizens, but few days later you killed these folks and set the house on fire. Now the question is, what have you done?
My point is, what OBJ did wrong over shadows what he did right.
The entire nation is still divided and many corrupt governors are still walking around freely today just because of OBJ despicable leadership style.

Please, do not let us settle for less, OBJ had the opportunity, he had the entire nation on his side, but everything went straight into the toilet bowl as soon as he unsuccessfully attempted to change our constitution to prolong his shameful regime.

Please, do not get things twisted, there is nobody on anyone's side; we just want to point out the failure and hopefully some of us will learn one or two things from these leaders' shameful actions.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by ono(m): 7:23am On Sep 07, 2007
Big B1,
That's it man! You've said it all. I think I'm done on this one.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2007
Big B1:

And I wonder who these people may be?

My man, simmer down; nobody is defending ALAMS, infact ALAMS can go straight to hell.
What we are trying to do here is discovering what really happened and how we can move forward and never repeat the same failure.

Yes, OBJ did few things right, but also intentionally made enormous mistakes.

e.g: You built a house for the under-privileged citizens, but few days later you killed these folks and set the house on fire. Now the question is, what have you done?
My point is, what OBJ did wrong over shadows what he did right.
The entire nation is still divided and many corrupt governors are still walking around freely today just because of OBJ despicable leadership style.

Please, do not let us settle for less, OBJ had the opportunity, he had the entire nation on his side, but everything went straight into the toilet bowl as soon as he unsuccessfully attempted to change our constitution to prolong his shameful regime.

Please, do not get things twisted, there is nobody on anyone's side; we just want to point out the failure and hopefully some of us will learn one or two things from these leaders' shameful actions.

May SATAN Bless Nigeria.
grin
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by chidichris(m): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2007
why the much shout about alams. ok accepted here, he is the biggest thief nigerian has been looking for.
efcc is the best thing that happens to us then they said abacha is the only corrupt president among the other past presidents and we are saying amen to that.
atiku was accused of crime upon his declearation of interest as presidential hopeful yes and we saw a man saying good and acceptable, efcc well done but am not alone in the game.
look at the documents, we have been in this for the past seven years, here are lists of my partners in crime but instead of efcc been a witness in the matter became the defendant but how did the matter die till now. atiku was out to rope everybody in so let us leave him and try the other ones.
tauraki is saying i have spent all the money am been accused of on third term but ribadu is saying is a liar why not give the man a hearing eye since u are out to dig corruption.
am not out to praise any criminal but my stand remains 36 govs are corrupt and shld mearnt to pay dearly and in that vien the new ones will never think about getting involved but with the efcc style, more corrupt govs are coming all they need to do is to be on the right side and their sins will be forgiven even before they commit it.
obj is a first class criminal and any war against corruption in nigeria that exempts obj is a slective justice.
kalu and atiku know much about him because they have been partners in crime so there is no way obj will turn back to tell us the two are criminals now that they have left him.
tomorrow if adedibu and chris uba decides to quit he will tell efcc to go after them but as long as they remian with him, they are no criminals.
Bleep the one sided war on corruption.
what can be more corrupt than the april polls? what happened to all the fedeal roads in nigeria since 1999, power supply and security?
is alams more corrupt than Tony annenih?
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by JustGood(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2007
It's easy to see why development has eluded many Nigerians.

How can anyone say a man convicted of stealing should be left alone simply because there are other thieves who have not been caught? Maybe we should just free all armed robbers because there are some other armed robbers who are free and still parading their stiolen wealth.

Nonsensical reasoning
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by JustGood(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2007
If you dont start by dealing appropraitely with a known criminal, other criminals will be encouraged.
Re: Do You Believe In Alam's Excuses? by BigB11(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2007
HELLOOOOOOOOO

There is nobody calling ALAM a saint or asking for ALAM not to be dealt with.

All we are asking for, is to do what is right and do it accordingly; and this is the only way Nigeria as a nation can move forward.
What we currently have in Nigeria today is absolutely "not fighting corruption, but fighting OBJ's enemies".

Sit down and think about it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Frustrated With Their Govt / Rivers, A/ibom, Lagos, Delta Get Lion’s Share •as FG, States, Lgs Share N921bn F / Pictures Of Lee Rigby Soldier Murdered By Michael Adeboloja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.