Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set (45588 Views)

Hadiza Gabon Beats Amina Amal Over Lesbianism Accusation. Photos / Bolanle Ninalowo: I Have Been Aroused Twice On Movie Set / Pat Ugwu: My Pant Got Torn While Dancing On Movie Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by AnonPoet: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
Popular nollywood actress, Hadiza Abubakar, has revealed how she was rescued from death by her colleague, Mercy Johnson, and another person on a movie set.

The multiple awards winning actress disclosed that the timely intervention of Johnson, and stuntman at the location that quickly discovered that she has lost grip in the water, she would have drowned while at work.

The Kogi State-born actress revealed this through her official social media handle yesterday while thanking God for the survival.

Abubakar explained that while she almost drowned, others on the movie set thought she was still acting.

According to her, only Mercy Johnson and the stuntman on set noticed she was gasping for breath and helped her out from the water.

“Almost drowned while filming on set yesterday, but everyone thought I was acting. It dawned on them after some seconds, and I was losing my breath.

“Thanks to Aunty Mercy Johnson and the stuntman who noticed after some seconds and helped me out,” she wrote on her Instagram story.

The 38-year-old actress won the Afro Hollywood Best Actress award in 2011.

Abubakar began acting in 2001 and landed her first lead role in Gangster Paradise.

The Sociology graduate from Bayero University, Kano, is also the CEO of Modehouse Entertainment, a music label and entertainment management company.

https://theguildng.com/how-mercy-johnson-rescue-hadiza-abubakar-from-drowning-on-movie-set/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by FalseProphet1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Her village people aren't done with her just yet. She needs to be more careful.

This I have seen.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by eepeepook: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
They should have given her basic swimming lessons beforehand. Unless it was a stream, she had no reason to drown.

17 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by xynerise: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
No do pass yourself. If you can't swim, don't play the role

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by datola: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
Nice of Mercy

4 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by iykofias(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
Some publicity rants for a movie, nothing more

14 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by gameova(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
God bless her
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by bigdammyj: 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Seen.
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by believeMEyou: 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Shey them dey teach people how to swim ni? undecided

Things I learnt by myself that makes people think I'm not normal

1) How to drive automatic car
2)How to drive okada
3)How to drive manual motor( my experience with okada help me here)
4) How to swim (learnt this at badagry beach)

I wonder how people still dey find person wey go teach them these things especially men undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by KarinaSlim(f): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Swimming is truly a life skill

I want to learn how to swim.

4 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Sonnobax15(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
lipsrsealed
Personally I dedicate this comment of mine to Mr. Frowland cheesy. He has saved more lives more than any Nigerian actors and actresses combine..May God continue to bless you bros...🙏

1 Like

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by inoki247: 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
You go dey form Fish....

God save you say dem rescue you dere are things wey be say if u no sabi am no near am....

Water no get enemy not until u fall for Lagoon....
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Bouncin(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
You get luck
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by GualaGuala(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
She wear pant?

1 Like

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by sylve11: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
E reach thank God. cool
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Goodlady(f): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
Things dey happen
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Owaincouncil: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
Next time, don't go beyond your limit. No amount of money will make me do movie role on the river. Me and water are not friend. To bath atimes self, na war

2 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by ManWater: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
Her Village People misfired. cool

No matter how serene & harmless a swimming pool may look, it remains a death trap for non-swimmers.

3 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by linearity: 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
eepeepook:
They should have given her basic swimming lessons beforehand. Unless it was a stream, she had no reason to drown.

She go done tell them say, she be professional Olympic swimmer na, so to get the role…..as in how many Nigeria overhype their CV so as to get a job!

Dem no dey tell person say country hard, dis one way Tinubu wan take over so, brace for more desperate acts from Nigerians just to survive the next day.

4 Likes

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by KingLennon(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
Occupational hazard or maybe she just want trend.... wink
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Yav3fa: 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
Get paid!!

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by densil(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
Is this sopposed to be a news?
I don't Gerrit pls grin
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by KingLennon(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Her village people aren't done with her just yet. She needs to be more careful.

This I have seen.
End time prophet. Your prophecies no dey ever come to pass cheesycheesy
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by 3dxc6v: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
Free!

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Shedrack777: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2023
let her bring her thanksgiving to me
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Risingblue008(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
T
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by RevolverOcelot(m): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
KarinaSlim:
Swimming is truly a life skill

I want to learn how to swim.

That's good
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by BeanX(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
Ok..
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by BmAe: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
Pls any one with a verified Skrill account should add me on WhatsApp 08063863941

1 Like

Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by Mercury12(m): 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
You gotta just love mercy. Her vibes and energy no be here.

That is how I save a boy from drawing in Lagos bar beach years ago.
People need to be extra careful around water bodies
Re: How Mercy Johnson Rescued Hadiza Abubakar From Drowning On Movie Set by OloyeVIII: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
Them for allow am drown na, dying on set for make more money for the movie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Frog Voice": Wizkid Shades Davido Again On Twitter / Busola Dakolo Shares Bedroom Photo With Husband, Timi Dakolo (photos) / Empress Njamah And Daniel Lloyd Traditional Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.