Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,207 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15502 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:40am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

I sincerely don't understand what u trying to pass across here. Makes no sense to me.
Obviously you have no idea what the word Destiny is.
Religion has twisted it out of context
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:53am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Ok let me tell u why God made man.
God wanted beings that will obey and worship him because they choose to.
Celestial beings don't have that choice, they are all compelled to obey and worship God.
Now God gave man a soul that makes decision for him. Of course God wants us to worship him but he wants it to come from our free will. With the help of the spirit , it was meant to be obedience to God forever.
God gave Adam that choice in the garden. It was left for Adam to choose his path based on the leading of his soul.
Are angels amongst these celestial beings?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:58am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Your mentions too many to keep up. Same thing dancing around in circles. Now u ve jumped to original sin and why Christ didn't come earlier.
Let me ask you question. if Christ had come b4 the flood, what would have changed? Are u assuming there will be no judgement because Christ came earlier. Now that he had come, are u aware Jesus is coming back to enforce justice on the disobedient like yourself.
Christ came at the right time, when man had realised the carnal flesh cannot successfully fulfill the law, thus appreciating the work of Christ on the cross.

Finally u and maynman need to understand God has given man a choice via his soul. God made man with his own independent will- God will not make a decision for man.
Whatever decision man makes, God knows the outcome right from the beginning, but God will not force his will on mankind even if it's self destructive. You have to responsible for the choice u make so u can be rightly judged.
That's what set man apart and unique from other God's creation like angels, the right to make a choice- freewill.

After the flood, man had 2 choices, to repent and obey God or to revert to their evil ways of disobedience.
Your erroneous assumption here is to conclude God should know they will continue to sin so the previous judgement was a waste.
But even if God judges the world a million times, the next man would still be given that right to make a choice of who to follow. That's why he's a man and that's the only way his impending judgement can be deemed fair.
Understanding above answers a lot of your other questions.
Sorry, was Lucifer an angel?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:00am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Bible said so, noah was the only righteous man on earth at that time. For all the people had corrupted their ways and became very violent. Gen 6.12.

Did I mention noah warned anybody?

Of course it will. Who will want his head chopped off on a block. I doubt u will last a day in the midst of those hyenas. The era of noah was hundred times worse.

Yes, we sure have more than one righteous man now. And men of good morals abound.
God protected Noah.
it was a small boat and it took him 50 years to build. That was enough time for couple of guys and women to finish the work.
You call an ark a small boat? Really?
Can a small boat accommodate all the animals in the world?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:02am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

2. Nope.
But common be real. So u expecting chemo and radio to do the magic for a metastatic cancer. It makes them worse if anything. Esp in Nigeria where adjuvant treatment support is poor.
Look here, the woman has received her healing, let's move on.
I can tell u another one I witnessed in uch if u interested. I get them plenty for pocket. MIRACLE IS REAL.
Chemo and radio can be used in palliative care. You need to read up
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:05am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

1. Where did I say that? Read my definition of man.
2. Our duty as man is not to ask questions but to obey God. A creature shouldn't be questioning his creator. Each time we obey God it gladens him and releases power for us to fulfil purpose. That's what is expected of Adam in the Garden.

1. You said this
Only spirit is from God, body is from earth and he gave man a soul. The soul isn't part of God.
Adam had knowledge and intelligence that came from God. How was he able to tend the soil and gives names without knowledge. Man desired wisdom to make him like GOd, that was his greed.
God doesn't think sin, it's against his nature. His thoughts for us are good and pure.
Adam had the choice to either obey God and live or disobey him and accept the consequence. It had nothing to do with God.

[b]God is not responsible for the carnality of mankind. That was man's soul. [/b]Yes it's your right to disobey him and choose not to follow him.
But remember there's judgement and it's his right to execute judgement the way he deems fit.
If that's the case I wonder why we wasted 2 pages debating God's judgement on the disobedient souls in Noah's time. If it was their right to disobey God, why cry loud when God enforce his own right of judgment.

What does the bolded mean
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:12am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

I think this has to do with choices made man
Already answered. No need going around in circles.
The problem is you and maynman wants the redefine definition of all knowing God.
Can you defined omniscient again?

omniscient
/ɒmˈnɪsɪənt/
adjective
knowing everything.

From those bible versed I quoted, DOES YAHWEH KNOW EVERYTHING? No! If he did, why would he take Israel on a merry-go-round to ascertain if they really love him? He'll simply tell them straight-up from the beginning that he knows they are rebellious.
If he's omniscient why would be tell Abraham to tie up his son, to sacrifice him, then stop him when he was about stabbing the poor terrified boy? What if his instructions to stop was too late, na so Abraham for stab the boy. An all knowing god would already know Abraham is loyal and tell him straight up.
Do you understand now?

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

God is a spirit. He has no body. Read bible in context.
Oh, Sweet Jesus! angry
Did you read the bible verses where some people even said they dined with Yahweh face to face? Even Jacob fought him?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:18am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

I know what u and maynman are trying to do. U people are looking for excuse not to be held responsible for your bad choices.
By claiming your destiny is irreversible then u can blame the creator for giving u a bad script to play out.
Let me tell u the truth, disobedient children will not escape judgement.
Adam tried that script with God in Eden, when he blamed his woes on the woman 'God gave him'. God didn't reply him but went straight to judgement.
That's how it's going to be for all rebellious souls.
Now this cracked me up grin
Youre telling an atheist he wants to escape judgment. cheesy cheesy
This is like telling a christian that he'll burn in Niflheim(Viking hell) when he doesn't believe in it.
Just save your precious breath.
You probably don’t know who an atheist is

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2023
TenQ:

The books of the Muslims talk about events and people in my Religion. We this have a common ground.

What ground do you have with Christians?
I was an ex christian. So I understand certain jargons you use, even better than a muslim
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:24am On Apr 25, 2023
TenQ:

Post your evidence of me dodging you.
QED!
Go through your posts and check where LordReed an I grilled you. And another where I and one another person( I think Workch) grilled you where you were talking about science but you got eaten alive. And said you have no business with atheists grin

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:26am On Apr 25, 2023
TenQ:

What is your Evidence that Moses copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Simple. The concepts of virgin birth, global flood, resurrection etc were copied from Epic of Gilgamesh which was proven to be written hundreds of years before the bible

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:28am On Apr 25, 2023
TenQ:

Don't give your pearls to the pigs.

How on earth you want them to understand that they have goofed in their understanding that
Foreknowledge is different from Predestination
How can they be made to understand that God being JUST prevent him from Predestinating anyone for heaven or hell.
How do you want to explain that FREEWILL and predestination does not go together!

You can debate Atheists on Philosophy or Logic or Science BUT it is a waste of Everything to debate Scriptures or Religion with them.

Don't give your pearls to the Pig!
If u wanna debate me, come out and do it. Not side debate that you'll talk and run
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:35am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

You were born a Christian, you wrote somewhere that if you can give a chick two orgasms in 1min, you will stop praying to God. So your reason for leaving Christianity is clear and it’s similar to what Islam promises, sexual pleasure in their paradise no wonder Muslim like antiChristian is hailing you, you guys have things in common. You even wrote somewhere that the person you were planning to marry is a bisexual, and you were proud of saying it.

When I saw that post, I knew you were not normal, a normal man won’t want a wife that will be sleeping with him and with another woman. You really need God or at least numerous antipsychotics

If you have any questions pertaining to the Bible, why not ask your other family member who are still in Christianity? They are your responsibilities not us, they were the ones that failed to guide you right
Ah, the regular blackmails chrissies employ.
1. Even if that talk about giving 2 chicks orggasmm wasn't a joke, its not related to religion at all. Christians say and do worse. Yet remain Christians.
2. What if I marry a bi? Is that any business of yours? At least I'm straight. Even if I'm gay, still no business of yours. And not in any way related to this debate. Christians even do worse. Many are gays and some are pedophilic gays like priests. I don't judge them
3. Why would I be taking antipsychotics? Do you even know what they are, or you pull up words from your ignorant ass and toss out around.
4. And just another poor effort to derail this thread. Nice try grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:37am On Apr 25, 2023
xproducer:

____

The Lord YESHUA, the CHRIST is Wonderful (Isaiah 9:6)...

The point in quoting from the Holy Bible is that everything that is in dispute (by the op and those like him) is a misapprehension of truth and either way, does not negate all the Holy Scripture that I quoted... plus, it puts the reader on notice about their error!

When all is said and done what does one say to one's MAKER, particularly in light of all HIS merciful revelations to mankind? Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
So are you saying there is another version of the bible you're using because clearly those things are written and are as clear as day and night
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:37am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

Lukuluku69 is not very sane, once he can’t answer your questions, he will start insulting you.

When they claim that Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible, this is what they mean
Reading through your posts, its a no-brainer the insults emanated from you
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:39am On Apr 25, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

Someone here is lecturing and correcting on what you called Bible gaffes isn't it?

Are you aware that allah claimed to have revealed many books in the Bible, this is the same book you're condemning

Tell your brother to get you a copy of Torah I want to show u something maybe your brain go reset
… and he's doing a poor job of it. He needs help from you
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 3:42am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

If they lie to you that Islam is a religion of peace, show them this hadith where muhammad sent killer to someone that insulted him:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes,”" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food." ....
Then he requested Ka'b again, "Will you let me (smell your head)?" Ka'b said, "Yes." When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they
killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al- Ashraf."

- Sahih Bukhari 4037
If they tell you yahweh is a god of love, show them this

Let’s consider three categories of Old Testament texts that are morally problematic:

the “crimes” for which God prescribes the death penalty,
God’s anger and wrath in punishing his people, and
God’s command to the Israelites to commit genocide.
The death penalty. There are numerous “crimes” for which God, through the Law of Moses, requires the death penalty. Among these are sacrificing to a god other than Yahweh (Exodus 22:20), persistent rebelliousness on the part of a child (Deuteronomy 21:18–21), a child who hits or curses his or her parents (Exodus 21:15 and 17), working on the Sabbath (Exodus 35:2), premarital sexual intercourse (Deuteronomy 22:13–21), and the requirement for a priest to burn his daughter alive if she became a prostitute (Leviticus 21:9).

God’s anger and wrath. In the Old Testament, God’s anger repeatedly burns against his people for their disobedience. At times, the punishment he dispenses seems particularly harsh, unjust, and disproportionate. Let’s consider just one example.

In 2 Samuel 24, we find that King David decided to take a census of the men of fighting age. The prophet Gad was sent to David to announce God’s displeasure with the taking of the census. The punishment for David’s sin: “The Lord sent a pestilence on Israel from that morning until the appointed time; and seventy thousand of the people died” (2 Samuel 24:15). David makes a decision that does not please God, and God kills 70,000 Israelites for it? How could this action ever be reconciled with a God of mercy, compassion, justice, and love?

Genocide in the name of God. I’ll mention one last category of scriptures related to the violence of God: those that describe the conquest of Canaan. At the time the Israelites entered the land to conquer it, Canaan was populated with small city-states or kingdoms made up of various ethnic groups speaking similar languages. God promised Israel that he would give them this land, but to do so these people had to be displaced.

This is problematic enough, but God wasn’t asking the Israelites to forcibly relocate them to other lands. God instructed the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child among these Canaanites. In Deuteronomy 20:16–18, Moses gives these instructions: “As for the towns of these peoples that the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, you must not let anything that breathes remain alive. You shall annihilate them—the Hittites and the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites—just as the Lord your God has commanded.”

The Hebrew word for “annihilate” has as its root herem (also transliterated as cherem or sometimes charam). The classic Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon notes the meaning of the word in English is “to exterminate.” It also has the sense of devoting something to God by completely destroying it. This is sometimes translated as “ban”—a word that in this context means “given to God by complete destruction.”

In Joshua 6:20b–21, you can read about what this looked like as the Israelite army entered the town of Jericho: the Israelites “charged straight ahead into the city and captured it. Then they devoted to destruction by the edge of the sword all in the city, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and donkeys.” After the destruction of Jericho, next would come the people of Ai, then the people of Makkedah and Libnah and Lachish and Eglon and Debir—every man, woman, and child slaughtered and dedicated to God. In the end, the entire population of thirty-one city-states was utterly destroyed.

I suspect that most people who read the Bible either don’t think about this, gloss over these sections, or skip them altogether. I was fourteen years old when I first read the Book of Joshua. The stories didn’t trouble me at that time. They were epic battles with great story lines and heroic figures. Who doesn’t enjoy reading about how the walls of Jericho “came tumbling down”? Behind each story was the idea that God was fighting on behalf of his people. I suspect that’s how most people read these stories today.

But when I grew up, I reread these stories and began to think about the humanity of the Canaanites. These were human beings who lived, loved, and had families. Among them were babies and toddlers, mothers and fathers. Yet they were all put to the sword by “the Lord’s army.” Thirty-one cities slaughtered with no terms of surrender offered and no chance to relocate to another land. I came to see the moral and theological dilemmas posed by these stories.

3 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 4:09am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

If u wanna debate me, come out and do it. Not side debate that you'll talk and run
Do I want to debate you?
No!

You aren't worth my time!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 4:12am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Simple. The concepts of virgin birth, global flood, resurrection etc were copied from Epic of Gilgamesh which was proven to be written hundreds of years before the bible
See Atheist's circular reasoning.

I said EVIDENCE not re-assertion of what you insinuated.

What is the evidence that Moses copied the Epic of Gilgamesh?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 4:23am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Go through your posts and check where LordReed an I grilled you. And another where I and one another person( I think Workch) grilled you where you were talking about science but you got eaten alive. And said you have no business with atheists grin
You made a Claim, prove it!

The childishness of Atheists like you is evermore glaring to see: when two people are contesting an issue and without a recourse to an unbiased judge or referee begin to claim and celebrate epic landslide victory is simply pathetic and laughable.at best.

I challenge you here again
1. Your evidence of how and when I ran away from debating you
2. An evidence that you won the debate by eating me alive.

Like I said: you aren't worth the trouble! You are a waste of time!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Ken4Christ: 4:46am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

It was stated in the bible that every word there is inspired and breathed by Yahweh. And any removal from it(which you are doing) would be met with stiff punishments. Be warned

You can't establish a point with just a verse of scripture. It must be in harmony with the other passages.

Even God himself rebuked Job for uttering statements without knowledge.

Apostle Paul didn't use the best expression of language to communicate his message when he said all scripture are inspired by God.

It should read, "All scripture inspired by God..."

Even the words Satan spoke is written in the Bible. So, how could Satan words be inspired?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 7:11am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Mentally, you're one of the dullest theists on Nairaland.
Your father is the one you’re referring to. The useless parents that gave birth to a stupid person like you. A stupid person who promised to stop praying to God if he can give a woman 2 orgasms in 1 minute. What a reason to become an atheist!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ah, the regular blackmails chrissies employ.
1. Even if that talk about giving 2 chicks orggasmm wasn't a joke, its not related to religion at all.
Damage control. How can you promising to stop praying to God if you can give orgasm to a woman not related to religion? Who is the center of religion if not God? Why are you so dumb like this?

2. What if I marry a bi? Is that any business of yours? At least I'm straight. Even if I'm gay, still no business of yours. And not in any way related to this debate.
It’s no business of mine but it shows how unfortunate you are to be sharing your wife with another woman. No sane man on earth wants to share his wife with another, but since you’re dumb you won’t see anything wrong with it
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 7:38am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

omniscient
/ɒmˈnɪsɪənt/
adjective
knowing everything.

From those bible versed I quoted, DOES YAHWEH KNOW EVERYTHING? No! If he did, why would he take Israel on a merry-go-round to ascertain if they really love him? He'll simply tell them straight-up from the beginning that he knows they are rebellious.
If he's omniscient why would be tell Abraham to tie up his son, to sacrifice him, then stop him when he was about stabbing the poor terrified boy? What if his instructions to stop was too late, na so Abraham for stab the boy. An all knowing god would already know Abraham is loyal and tell him straight up.
Do you understand now?

Thank you for this definition.
It seems SIRTee15 is lost, i asked him if all knowing yahweh knows the exact number of people that will go to hell, he is yet to answer.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Now this cracked me up grin
Youre telling an atheist he wants to escape judgment. cheesy cheesy
This is like telling a christian that he'll burn in Niflheim(Viking hell) when he doesn't believe in it.
Just save your precious breath.
You probably don’t know who an atheist is

You not an atheist. Mr irreversible destiny.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Oh, Sweet Jesus! angry
Did you read the bible verses where some people even said they dined with Yahweh face to face? Even Jacob fought him?

Already answered. U just going in circles.
When God dwells in physical structures. People can see the physical body... tabernacle, ark, man, burning fire...
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

omniscient
/ɒmˈnɪsɪənt/
adjective
knowing everything.

Do you understand now?
That's your own definition of omniscience.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Already answered. U just going in circles.
When God dwells in physical structures. People can see the physical body... tabernacle, ark, man, burning fire...

Why will a perfect and omnipotent god dwell in things that he created? Things that are lesser than him?
Is that not lessen yourself?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 7:53am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

That's your own definition of omniscience.

Does your god know the future?
Is it not your today’s decision that will shape your future, so how does your god know the future if you haven’t even taken a decision or do your god know POSSIBLE decisions you’ll take in the future like a gambler?
You keep contradicting yourself.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. You said this
Only spirit is from God, body is from earth and he gave man a soul. The soul isn't part of God.
Adam had knowledge and intelligence that came from God. How was he able to tend the soil and gives names without knowledge. Man desired wisdom to make him like GOd, that was his greed.
God doesn't think sin, it's against his nature. His thoughts for us are good and pure.
Adam had the choice to either obey God and live or disobey him and accept the consequence. It had nothing to do with God.

[b]God is not responsible for the carnality of mankind. That was man's soul. [/b]Yes it's your right to disobey him and choose not to follow him.
But remember there's judgement and it's his right to execute judgement the way he deems fit.
If that's the case I wonder why we wasted 2 pages debating God's judgement on the disobedient souls in Noah's time. If it was their right to disobey God, why cry loud when God enforce his own right of judgment.

What does the bolded mean

My response was to this statement from u-
1. Dude, i thought u said it wasn't Yahweh that made the soul?
I never said God didn't make soul as confirmed by my post.
I said Yahweh made the soul and gave man. But its not part of God just like body. God doesn't have a soul or body.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2023
jaephoenix:

Chemo and radio can be used in palliative care. You need to read up

U are beginning to put words into my mouth. Where did I say they are not used. I said it's not a magic cure at that stage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (46) (Reply)

4 Things Every Christian Should Know About The Rapture (Photo) / For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Coronavirus: Do You Feel Safe Going To Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.