Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15803 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2023
TenQ:

Don't give your pearls to the pigs.

How on earth you want them to understand that they have goofed in their understanding that
Foreknowledge is different from Predestination
How can they be made to understand that God being JUST prevent him from Predestinating anyone for heaven or hell.
How do you want to explain that FREEWILL and predestination does not go together!

You can debate Atheists on Philosophy or Logic or Science BUT it is a waste of Everything to debate Scriptures or Religion with them.

Don't give your pearls to the Pig!

Thanks TenQ.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by AntiChristian: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
[quote author=advocatejare post=122720658][/quote]
cool

Advocatejare

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again, this is about Bible gaffes, not Qoran's. Be guided

Someone here is lecturing and correcting on what you called Bible gaffes isn't it?

Are you aware that allah claimed to have revealed many books in the Bible, this is the same book you're condemning

Tell your brother to get you a copy of Torah I want to show u something maybe your brain go reset
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

He has gone to find solace in the bed of his fellow atheist.

Even Lukuluku69 has been mute since yesterday after I exposed the truth about the worse of mankind false prophet that he follows

Bhahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2023

Then Yahweh said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

If Yahweh is one, why does he refer to HIMSELF as… US, WE, OUR?

Let’s see you defend this then we use your own explanation to defend allah own.

Confused Abrahamaic gods worshipper.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2023

Muslims biggest enemy is a Christian who understands Arabic. The thing dey vex them.
See how one of their popular sheik on youtube, uthman ibn Farooq was roasted by an Arabic Christian. He finally admitted he wasnt a scholar to avoid further embarrassment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEs8kITEgSs
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
AntiChristian:

cool

AntiChristian
If they lie to you that Islam is a religion of peace, show them this hadith where muhammad sent killer to someone that insulted him:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes,”" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!" Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food." ....
Then he requested Ka'b again, "Will you let me (smell your head)?" Ka'b said, "Yes." When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they
killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al- Ashraf."

- Sahih Bukhari 4037
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 5:56pm On Apr 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Muslims biggest enemy is a Christian who understands Arabic. The thing dey vex them.
See how one of their popular sheik on youtube, uthman ibn Farooq was roasted by an Arabic Christian. He finally admitted he wasnt a scholar to avoid further embarrassment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEs8kITEgSs
That is how all of them are. Very ignorant set of people who only cram the Quran rather than read to understand it
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by emmanex2000: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Professional fiction writers needed across various genres such as romance, thriller, werewolf, and more.. You must be very good. There are lots of works on ground. Application ends on the 28th of April.

Send a message to 07012809662

Dm with samples.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You think that I am as jobless as you.

Your submission requires lots of time and I am yet to get such time.

I have gone through them and it didn't unsettle me one bit.

Let me just make a passing comment on one of them.

You quoted scripture which says that God dwells in darkness and another says he dwells in light.

Let me harmonize these scriptures.

The Bible is made of Contents derived from;

1. Historical facts. In other words, things that took place in the Bible days.

2. Revealed facts. These are things revealed which science or the human senses do not know. For instance, the account of creation is a revelation given to Moses. Moses couldn't have known what happened at creation if God did not reveal it to him.

3. Eye witness account. There are also things written that are eye witness account. It could also be a vision seen by the writer which also doubles as a revelation.

4. There are also few words which are the personal opinion of the writer. For example, some of the things Job said during the days of his afflictions were his personal opinions. They can't be used authoritatively as the word of God.

Concerning the verse which says that God dwells in darkness. This is certainly what the writer saw or the vision revealed when God showed up. The question is, why would God cover himself with darkness. He did that because if he permits people to see the brightness of his glory, they will all go blind.

So, he had to use dark clouds to cover the glory of his brightness.

For example, when Jesus appeared to Saul in the book of Acts, the light that shone from Jesus was brighter than the noonday sun. And Saul became blind instantly.

So, God does not only dwell in light, He is light himself.

But when he sometimes appears in vision or when he appeared to Moses, he covers himself with thick darkness. Notice the phrase, 'THICK DARKNESS'. The darkness has to be thick enough to cover the brightness of the glory of his light, otherwise, the entire camp will go blind.

Just give me some time. I will attend to all the submissions. I am a very busy man.
1. None of the bible verses is eye witness account. They were all written hundreds of years after they supposedly happened.
2. Yahweh appeared to Jacob, Moses etc in all his glory, and not only were they never blind, but they lived, contrary to your Bible claims.
3. These are also examples where Yahweh appeared as shining light, in this case to Ezekiel, and yet dude never got blind

Ezekiel 8:2
Then I looked, and behold, a likeness as the appearance of a man; from His loins and downward there was the appearance of fire, and from His loins and upward the appearance of brightness, like the appearance of glowing metal

Ezekiel 1:27
Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him

Ezekiel 1:28
rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

I’m not. I’m responding to the nincompoop that mentioned me on this thread, he’s a Muslim and that’s why I responded to him in his folly. He is AntiChristian.

I wouldn’t have responded to you an atheist. I don’t waste time on you people. Enjoy your belief and delusions, when you will die you’ll see whether you’ve been right or wrong!

Go and tell that to your father at home or any Christian in your family. Thank you wink
Yet you have time to harass Muslims and respond to their 'delusions' but run away from the 'delusions' of atheists. No problem.
If you noticed I said no insult. If your religion likes throwing insults around, I don't. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

I can see that you being an Atheist and AntiChristian are friends because you have something in common, you both worship a demon in the name of nature and Allah.

If you are smart and intelligent you will know that the same Allah of Islam claimed to have revealed most of the places you quoted in the Bible: the Torah (first five books of the Old Testament), Psalms and the Gospel.

But foolishness won’t make you realize that you’re making a ridicule of yourself.
I don't worship nature, science or any god. I'm sure you know what atheism is.
I don't care what Allah revealed. I'm talking about Bible gaffes. Allah and Qoran may have gaffes, but that would derail this thread.
Again, no insults please. I know you're full of it, but take it out of your parlance. It doesn't make you more persuasive.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

Many of the so called nairaland atheists are okay with the Quran despite the numerous errors there in but they always attack the Bible despite Allah claiming to have been the one that revealed many books in the Bible that these so called atheist write against. That is to tell you that those atheists are satanists, they like the lies in the Quran but would want to water down the Bible. We shall keep exposing them.

AntiChristians the new atheist grin
I wasn't an ex-Muslim, so I can't attack them specifically, and I can't quote the qoran as copiously as I can. Being an ex-Christian I can point out lots of issues with the bible my eyes closed because I have read it thoroughly before.
I have issues with religion as a whole, whether chritianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc cos they are all built on a faulty premise.

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Ken4Christ: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. None of the bible verses is eye witness account. They were all written hundreds of years after they supposedly happened.
2. Yahweh appeared to Jacob, Moses etc in all his glory, and not only were they never blind, but they lived, contrary to your Bible claims.
3. These are also examples where Yahweh appeared as shining light, in this case to Ezekiel, and yet dude never got blind

Ezekiel 8:2
Then I looked, and behold, a likeness as the appearance of a man; from His loins and downward there was the appearance of fire, and from His loins and upward the appearance of brightness, like the appearance of glowing metal

Ezekiel 1:27
Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him

Ezekiel 1:28
rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking

Moses wrote the first five books. His writings concerning the deliverance of Israel from Egypt is definitely an eye witness account.

Yes, he appeared in his brightness a few times. But I can tell you that the radiance of his glory at those moments were not in its fullest.

If God comes down in the fullness of his glory, no mortal man can withstand that glory. You can't even stand on your feet.

This is why the glory sometimes had to be covered with thick darkness.

When Peter, James and John went with Jesus and Jesus was transfigured before them, they fell down like dead men.

The Bible is the only book that gave us detailed account of how the world began and how this present age will end.

Everything John saw as written in the book of Revelation are coming to pass one after the other.

So, the vision of the great white throne judgment where everyone will stand before God to be judged will also come to pass.

Follow my exposition on the book of Revelation in my online daily devotional study, Rhema for Living Devotional so you can fully understand what is ahead of us.

And all the events written therein will come to pass.

Don't be among those who will be throne into the Lake of Fire. And the way to escape that judgment is to give your life to Christ.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
FxMasterz:

As I promised you yesterday, I've decided to expose your lies and deceit in rendering some of these verses out of context. I'll take 10 verses only even though you challenged me to pick only 1.

I'm not here to engage you. Engaging Atheists is a waste of time. They're not seekers of truth. They engage you to tell themselves they're intelligent while exhibiting a high level of folly.

Before I continue, I must let you know that the Bible was written by imperfect men urged on by the Spirit of God.

God uses men to mininster to men. Men are God's channels. Even though men are imperfect, God uses their imperfections to bless others as long as they're doing all they do in honesty and sincerity.

1 Corinthians 13:9-12 established that we know in part and prophesy in part. The perfect would come later but the perfect is not yet here.

When you read the Bible as a canal man, you are reading the imperfect letters of the Word. 2 Corinthians 3:6 says those letters kill. They don't give life.

That's why the first step into the things of God is a spiritual rebirth. When you approach the Bible as a spirit being, the Holy Ghost takes you beyond the limits of imperfect letters that kill. You're ushered into the deep things of God that are not available on the surface. The Spirit of God gives you life through those imperfect channels. God still uses Imperfect men today, and their words are still called 'The Word of God."

When you hear Christians saying they're going to church to listen to the Word of God. They're going to listen to an imperfect man who preaches behind a pulpit. His words may be imperfect. It could contains errors. But he preaches with all sincerity to the best of his knowledge. God uses his imperfect knowledge to bless the hearers.

The Bible itself does not lay any claim to perfection, so this thread of yours is useless.

Now, let me start addressing your issues. The deception in your post is too obvious.

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6.

I'll be as brief as I can.
In Genesis 1:31, the context was the entire work of creation. He was satisfied to see the physical replica of his thoughts. He achieved what He had in mind. They were as exact as He had intended them to be.

In Genesis 6:6, God was not dissatisfied with His works. That's a blatant lie. Quote the verse if I'm lying. God regretted creating man. That's the verse. Man isn't God's only work. He's just a very minute part of His entire creation. He regretted creating man because man misused his freewill which God had given him. Man reinvented himself. Ecclesiastes 7:29 sums it up:

[/b]"Behold, this only have I found: that God made man perfect; but they have sought out many inventions."[/b]

Only man o. Not His entire works.

2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48

In the Old Testament era, God related with man physically, and at the time, physical temples were the only meeting place with God. That's the context of 2 Chronicles 7. In the new testament, after the death and resurrection of Christ, God started relating with man spiritually. Men became God's Temples. That's the context of Acts 7. The former temple was a mere shadow. The later temple is the real deal.

3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2

God dwells in light but to those who are blind like yourself, God dwells in darkness. They can't see God. When the veil is removed off your face, and you begin to see clearly, you'll see God. But as long as Satan's veil of darkness remains upon you, you can't see God.

4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16.

God is seen and heard by those to whom He reveals and manifests Himself. God is invisible but God does manifest. If you seek Him you'll find Him.

5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28

First let me see where the verse says God was tired in that Genesis 2. His work was done or what else did He have to come back later to do? He rested to teach man how to rest not because He was tired Himself. He laid an example for man. Today by that example, we have resting days. We rest even when we're not tired. We have a physical rest and a spiritual rest. If man can rest even when he isn't tired, what makes you think God rested because He was tired? If i decided to rest in my house on Saturday and not go to work, does that mean I'm tired? SMH. Give me the verse that says God was tired. Anything else would be ignored.

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8.

The purpose of these verses is to show us that God cares and is absolutely interested in the affairs of men. How did He know that men were building something in Genesis 11? How did He know that Sodom was perverted in Genesis 18. How did He know all these already before saying He'll come down or go to confirm? Those verses are merely demonstrating God's concerns for man which is one of the core messages of the Bible.

7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12

God knows the hearts of men but He tries the hearts of men in order to prove to man that the man who was tried deserves whatever God does to him.

"By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “ That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.

God would be proved right when men or anyone judges God's actions. Even the man who is cast to hell would know for sure that he deserves hell. By the trial, everyone knows that God is casting him to hell, not just because of what God thinks about him but by the results he himself has produced.

8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19

God is all powerful but His power is available to man in the measure to which man is Obidient to God. In Judges 4, under the pophethhood of Deborah, an Obidient and faithly woman of God, God destroyed Sisera and his large army of iron chariots. Faith and Obidient are the two important yardsticks for measuring how much of God's power is available to man.

9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14

I don't need to answer this. I'm sure the book you're copying from was written by a Satanist.

You mean if God decided to punish a people, and the people repented and asks to be forgiven, God must go ahead and punish them in order to prove that He doesn't change?

God has never changed. He hates evil and goes all out to punish it after giving the evil doer ample time to repent. He then rolls out severe warnings. If the evil doer repents, He forgives and turns back the intensity of the punishment. That's how He has always been. That's how He is till today.

10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12

In Genesis 9:25, Noah cursing his son makes God partial? Hahahaha, wonders shall never end. In Exodus 20:5, God is partial for commanding the Jews not to worship idols? How foolish can this assertion get?

In Romans 9:11-13, God already knew what Esau was going to do and become. God knew his heart. He knew he'll not serve God. God judged him before hand. And we see that God was right in His judgement by the kind of life Esau eventually lived.

This brings me back to the verse that makes you conclude that God does not know the hearts because He tries the hearts of men. I've responded to that already. This allegation of yours further proves my position that even though God knows man's heart, people like you will accuse God of wrongdoing if God does not prove through trial that the man deserves what God says or does to him.

The Satanist book from which you're copying is a book of lies at its best. I can't find any truth in it. I've just exposed the first 10 lies. The book is merely written to mislead people like you in order to further strengthen the fetters of your captivity so that you can become surer candidates of hell.

This is a very poor attempt to discredit the Bible.

There are indeed human imperfections in the Bible but this first 10 verses of yours don't fall in that category. They were deliberate lies sordidly collated to look like truth.

I really pity your soul.
Why do you chrissies throw the bible under a bus when it falters under scrutiny.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work

And youre commiting heresy by castigating this word breathed by yahweh.
1. I said Yahweh regretted creating man, not all his creations. If you regret cooking a poor pot of soup, are you satisfied with it? Of course not.
Which brings us to this.
WHY SHOULD AN OMNISCIENT AND ALL-KNOWING GOD REGRET HIS ACTIONS OR BE SURPRISED BY HIS CREATIONS?
Please dont dodge this question like many chrissies do.
2. Jesus flogged thieves out of the temple which he says is his house.

Notice it was stated clearly in those verses yahweh dwells in dark clouds. There was no allusion to unbelief or anything like that.
This is precisely the reason 1 bible can spawn thousands, and more of denominations. Everyone have their own meaning of a particular verse. You see how you twisted this verse that was plain as day into something that is completely off. One can commit murder and have a 100% bible backup. No wonder same bible gave rise to denominations which kill their members. Like Jim Jones of the Guyana disaster, the recent Kenyan massacre and many others.
4. Another nebulous claim from you.
God is seen and heard by those to whom He reveals and manifests Himself. God is invisible but God does manifest.
So why would yahweh reveal himself physically when its a death sentence to humans? Besides this statement of yours completely goes against these quoted verses which are breathes of yahweh.

It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel for ever; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed
Can a being with limitless energy be refreshed?

And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know
So an all knowing god doesn't even know what's going on here?

Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that aprophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God bproveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
This verse is just saying that yahweh is testing their faith in him. It didn't state anywhere that he wants them to know their own decisions changed their 'destiny'

“Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son

Deuteronomy 8:2
New International Version
2 Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands

These 2 also show yahweh does not know the outcome of the isrealite Wilderness journey or whether Abraham would kill isaac. If he knew, why would he ask the dude to do it? He would have told Abraham that he's a faithful servant

Judges 1:19
King James Version
19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron

I don't even understand how you are defending this verse. Its clearly stated that yahweh couldnt destroy the iron chariots.

9. This answer further strengthens the notion that yahweh isnt all knowing. CAN AN ALL KNOWING AND OMNISCIENT GOD CHANGE HIS MIND?
Also notice that yahweh actually changed from a vindictive bloodthirsty god in the OT to a caring god in the NT. Can he be said to be an all knowing and unchangeable god? Nope!

10. Oh bro. These aint lies as youve seen. I just showed you that you're wrong

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I don't worship nature, science or any god. I'm sure you know what atheism is.
I don't care what Allah revealed. I'm talking about Bible gaffes. Allah and Qoran may have gaffes, but that would derail this thread.
Again, no insults please. I know you're full of it, but take it out of your parlance. It doesn't make you more persuasive.
Thank you
You started the insults when you asked your father to grow some balls. Don’t give what you can’t take. I will be civil if you are, but if you want to be very stupid, I will give you the full dose of your stupidity.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I wasn't an ex-Muslim, so I can't attack them specifically, and I can't quote the qoran as copiously as I can.
Have you seen me attach Atheists who didn’t attack me first? I wouldn’t have commented on your post if tht Muslim didn’t mention me and I responded to his mention in the appropriate way but you decided to interfere. I didn’t quote you, neither did I mention you but you chose to join issues with me. I don’t have time for you atheists here.

Being an ex-Christian I can point out lots of issues with the bible my eyes closed because I have read it thoroughly before.
That is your business not mine, count me out of your frustrations and disappointments in life. If you have issues with the Bible that’s your business I won’t be the one to be explaining what you perceive as contradictions to you. You have made your choice already, so enjoy it.

I have issues with religion as a whole, whether chritianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc cos they are all built on a faulty premise.
Then build your own religion or whatever you will name it that will be perfect and free of any faults
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yet you have time to harass Muslims and respond to their 'delusions' but run away from the 'delusions' of atheists. No problem.
What I choose to do with my time or who I choose to respond to is none of your business. My mission is to expose the lies of Islam here on nairaland and to expose the hypocrisies of Muslims on Nairaland that everything they may accuse Christianity for is what their Islam is guilty of.

I don’t debate with atheists cos there is no basis for it. If someone says that there is no God, I’m not the one that will be wasting my time to tell you otherwise, you’re the one that knows what made you come to such a conclusion just like you decided to marry a bisexual who will be sleeping with you and with another woman that’s your choice, enjoy it

If you noticed I said no insult. If your religion likes throwing insults around, I don't. Thank you
If only you didn’t write “grow some balls” just because you wanted me to respond to what I didn’t want to respond to.

Don’t start what you can’t finish next time.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by LottiOk: 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
@Jeaphionixe u 2 much!!! Pepper 🌶️ dem with civility as u give dem logical uppercuts dat knocks senses into dem. See dem runaway shamelessly like whooped puppies 😅😂🤣 Dey can't even face u in a simple debate without insults & threats( regular thesists M.O). I can just imagine how dey lothe u RN.

If only dey cud realize how wrong dey r RN

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 12:07am On Apr 25, 2023
LottiOk:
@Jeaphionixe u 2 much!!! Pepper 🌶️ dem with civility as u give dem logical uppercuts dat knocks senses into dem. See dem runaway shamelessly like whooped puppies 😅😂🤣 Dey can't even face u in a simple debate without insults & threats( regular thesists M.O). I can just imagine how dey lothe u RN.

If only dey cud realize how wrong dey r RN

Your atheist friend that believes in irreversible destiny.
That a child is born with his or her destiny that can never be changed.
If that makes sense to you, then I will presume both of you are actually idol worshippers or closet Muslims.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 1:54am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

I have blacklisted you from the list of people that are worth my attention since. You’re too retarded to get my time, get lost! I don’t have time for kids!
The way you sissy chrissies run away from challenges is interesting. But you wanna challenge muslims. But you won't grow balls to challenge atheists

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 1:55am On Apr 25, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is none who does good.
And the wise man shouts aloud "There is no god"

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 1:57am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

Stop wasting your time on that boy called Maynman he’s not worth your attention. Deprive him of the attention he craves, his parents failed him, they were not good examples of Godly people to him so he hates God cos of the irresponsible nature of his parents. We can only pity him. Please leave him for now, let him sulk in silence!
But yet you won't let muslims rest

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 1:59am On Apr 25, 2023
advocatejare:

Deprive him of the attention, that is what he thrives on. You will see him vanish now

Let him go and meet his unloving parents to show him love and attention at home
Mentally, you're one of the dullest theists on Nairaland. And that's saying something, when you have contenders like Maxindhouse, Olaadegbu, Dtuthspeaker, Elated77

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:03am On Apr 25, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The Bible contains God's word. Not every content of the Bible is God's word. Even the words Satan spoke are written in the Bible.

There are some places men also wrote their personal opinion. For instance, some of the things Job said during the years of his afflictions were his personal opinions.

Even Apostle said in a verse that what he wrote was his opinion and not an instruction from the Lord.

God didn't dictate the writing of the books of the Bible.

The only passage that are clear instructions from God are the prophetic books and the specific instructions he gave to some of the saints of old.

The creation story was a revelation Moses received from God.

That God rested on the seventh day does not mean he was tired like we humans get tired. Spirits don't get tired.

He just wanted to institute a worship schedule which he did to the children of Israel. That day was chosen by God for them to devote themselves to worship.

Many other contents are historical. And as men are not perfect, you don't expect perfection in their report.

If two of us go to the scene of the same event and we are asked to put down what happened, you can be sure that we will present the story differently.

There are no contradictions in the Bible.

Tell me any contradiction from the book of the prophets. Show me where two different Prophets of old said two different things on the same thing.
It was stated in the bible that every word there is inspired and breathed by Yahweh. And any removal from it(which you are doing) would be met with stiff punishments. Be warned

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:05am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

Check fzmasterx response and my response to mayman. Most questions already answered, no need going on repetition.
Quote the direct word of God here. Can't go back and start searching, too many posts.
God doesn't sit a prophet down and tell him what to write verbatim, maybe with exception of Moses which he spoke with face to face. Numbers 12.8
God send his message in the spirit and the prophet delivers them in expressed languages that can't fully comprehend God's ways and thoughts, but the core message isn't lost which is the actual word of God, not the phrases or sentences used. That's why u read the bible in context.
Whoa. You ignored all the pertinent questions I asked you about yahweh's omniscience and ended with this? You even ignored the rebuttal about late cancers
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:05am On Apr 25, 2023
Maynman:

You did not answer any of my questions, you were just contradicting yourself.
From saying your god knows possible choices to saying he knows exact choices yet you have freewill.

If God did not want man to commit the original sin, why did he give man a desire for knowledge, experience, adventure and carnal love?
The guy na master question dodger

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:08am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

He could have used the services of craftsmen willing to work in exchange for wages.
God's divine calling, the animals answered to the call of their creator. Just like Jesus called forth the fishes into Peter's net. Luk 5.4-6
Right, this is getting interesting grin
So the same vile sodom and gomorrah folks are working for Noah? Okay.
So Yahweh ranched all the animals in the world together? Are you aware all the animals couldn't have fitted into that ark? How did yahweh do that too? grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:19am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

What's the elephant in the room. Sincerely can't remember.
Ok. Lemme refresh.
1. Who created the concept of death for sin? Yahweh. Is it possible for him to forgive as an omnibenevolent god? Yes. There you go! A god that does not want to forgive the sin of his creations but instead imposes the law that they die or he kills his own son to appease himself for their sins. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY HE IS NOT OMBIBENEVOLENT?

2. There is further indictment for Yahweh. He purportedly created humans and the earth, including evil too , so why is he angry at the outcome of his creations?
Besides he is omniscient so knows how Lucifer would deceive and con Adam via the tree of knowledge, yet he went ahead to create both Lucifer and the tree(he even gave the tree luscious fruits and kept it in the middle of the Garden where Adam and Eve would be able to admire it) and got angry when the inevitable happened.
3. You seem not to understand the plot. Yahweh knew all along that man would sin again after even after he destroys us with the flood. So why kill everyone in the first place? Why not kill his son first ab initio instead of the flood, since he is so bloodthirsty.
4. CAN AN OMNISCIENT AND ALL-KNOWING GOD REGRET ON HIS ACTIONS OR BE SURPRISED BY THE ACTIONS OF HIS CREATIONS?
As a rejoinder, if yahweh knows the exact number of people making heaven, why charge christians on the Great Commission to preach the gospel all over the world?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:24am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

God sees all mankind in heaven. That's your final destination if you follow his will.
It's your choice not to make heaven, he can't drag u to where u don't want to go.
Looks like you don't understand. Ok lemme break it down.
Before we are born, yahweh knows if we are gonna make heaven or not, right? And this(making or losing heaven) happens irrespective of whatever we do on earth: its our destiny, right?
So why watch us get born and give us this notion of 'freewill' when its already predetermined?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:30am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

If this is the best u can come up as evidence. Then u may not have managed lots of cancer pxt. That u even have to Google this up is funny, something that's quite common. Metastatic cancer is no longer death sentence compared to 1-2 decades ago.
One of my patient diagnosed of advanced squamous cell cancer of the mandible has now been told he's cancer free.
He had palliative radiotherapy last yr because they couldn't do surgery- tumour was too advance. Now the oncologist had written that he should be removed from cancer register because the cancer is cleared. I can't count cases like above I've encountered.
My own case is a woman who had fungating advanced cancer and it regressed without any treatment. So convenient it disappeared after meeting a man of God.
Ok let me be lenient. Post me cases of confirmed cancer diagnosis that regressed without treatment. Let's leave metastasis out of it.
1. Bro, I brought scientifically diagnosed cases from medical journals because anyone can claim anything online (myself included). And that example is better than me saying I know so-so and so person who had spontaneous remission after a late prostate cancer that has metastasized to the lung or liver.
2. And yes lots of people get cured of cancers worldwide, not just in nigeria. Thanks to science and not yahweh.
3. So you're saying your index patient never had a drop of chemo or ray of radio? How was the diagnosis of the late cervical CA made?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:39am On Apr 25, 2023
SIRTee15:

U will have to give me your definition of destiny because this irreversible destiny makes me doubt u are atheist.
Are u telling me a child born today has his destiny already fixed and nothing can change it.
You mean a child that doesn't even understand any sense of danger is already destined to be an armed robber or prostitute in life. And there's nothing he/she can do about it.
Even, if I'm not a Christian, I will never believe we come from some where to fulfil a definite script in life.
Irreversible destiny is nonsense. Family, genetics and environment determines our personality and greatly influence our future outcomes.
A child who grew up in a loving home with 2 parents, went to good schools and raised in a conducive environment will likely succeed in life compared to someone lacking above.
Go to prison and check the backgrounds of the inmates, it look similar - dysfunctional homes, poor education, grew up in bad neighborhood.
Guy, there's nothing like irreversible destiny. It's the choices u make today reflects on your tomorrow.
So if we have irreversible destiny, then Africa is destined to be forever poor, poverty infested, plagued with wars and famine and nothing Africans can do about it undecided
That is why I asked you to define Destiny? Obviously you don't know what it is? Nigerian pastors have trusted that were beyond recognition.
This is the definition of destiny from Merriam-Webster.
: something to which a person or thing is destined : FORTUNE
wants to control his own destiny
: a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency
felt that destiny would determine their future

As you can see, its predetermined, meaning when one is born, what s/he'll be, his or her death age, wealthy or not, is already known and cannot be changed. No matter what s/he do.
I'm a fatalist atheist.
About African destiny, if its already pre-determined, then there's nothing you can do about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (46) (Reply)

On The Canon Of The Bible And The Roman Catholic Church / Names Of Nairaland Members That Will Go To Hell. / Questions For Evolutionists And Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.