Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) (1698 Views)

My Data Analytics Journey / My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey / ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
Hi.

This thread is to document my daily journey for the next 200 days, as I go from a novice to confident and job-ready in the field of data analytics.

Timeframe: 200 days

Start date: Friday, 21st April 2023

End date: Monday, 6th November 2023

No. Of hours per day: 3 hours

Estimated total number of hours: 600 hours

3 Likes

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
What I intend to learn:

1) Basic Statistics

2) Microsoft Excel

3) SQL

4) PowerBi

5) Python (optional)

6) R (optional)

7) Tableau (optional)

cool SPSS (optional)

9) Soft Skills (presentation skills etc)

6 Likes

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
How I Intend To Learn

1) Self-taught, via YouTube videos

2) Online courses
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 1:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
Schedule For The Next 10 Days

21st-30th April 2023

10*3hours= 30 hours

Basic Statistics= 20 Hours

Excel= 10 Hours

I may not strictly follow 3 hours per day. Some days, I am very busy. Some other days, I am relatively free.

The goal is that within 10 days (21st-30th April), I should have completed 30 hours

See you tomorrow (Day 1)

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by dawnomike(m): 2:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
DataDoc:
Schedule For The Next 10 Days

21st-30th April 2023

10*3hours= 30 hours

Basic Statistics= 20 Hours

Excel= 10 Hours

See you tomorrow (Day 1)
Nice determination... I will be cheering you on!!!

4 Likes

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
dawnomike:
Nice determination... I will be cheering you on!!!

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Plus10(m): 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
All the best OP!

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Plus10:
All the best OP!

Thank you very much Sir
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by yusufmurry: 6:05am On Apr 21, 2023
Nice one

May God help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by dawnomike(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2023
DataDoc:
Hi.

This thread is to document my daily journey for the next 200 days, as I go from a novice to confident and job-ready in the field of data analytics.

Hello!!!
How is day one going?

Don't forget to update us on how it goes...

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Underdawgg: 7:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
DataDoc:
Hi.

Abi make I follow you on this short journey grin
Good luck OP smiley

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 5:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Day 1: Friday, 21st April 2023

Time spent: 4 hours

I watched 4 hours out of an 8hr 15 minutes video on Statistics. I just watched. I didn't jot. My aim is to watch the video again later on and then jot.

I will post the link to the video later on. I got it from YouTube.

I have some Epidemiology/Biostatistics background, so the video wasn't too difficult for me to follow. However, I still learnt some concepts better. The instructor was also very good.

Total Number of Hours Spent so far = 4 HOURS (out of 600 hours)

0.67% Complete
Lol
Still a long way to go

2 Likes

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 5:24am On Apr 22, 2023
dawnomike:
Hello!!!
How is day one going?

Don't forget to update us on how it goes...

Update done...so far so good
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 5:25am On Apr 22, 2023
Underdawgg:

Abi make I follow you on this short journey grin
Good luck OP smiley

You can join me right away Sir. The more people the better.

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Emmex45(m): 5:31pm On Apr 22, 2023
OP ride on
More blessings

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 6:48am On Apr 23, 2023
Day 2: Saturday, 22nd April 2023.

Time spent: 4 Hours

I had a very busy day and had to struggle to learn something.

I still continued with my Statistics video.

Video now remaining 15 minutes to the end.

I will have to complete the Statistics video and get into Excel.

I still have 12 more hours for my Statistics before 30th April. I would probably rewatch the video and look for some statistics problems to solve.

Why I posted yesterday's update today is that I was still up as at 11pm yesterday watching the Stats video.

Total number of hours spent so far: 8 HOURS (out of 600 hours)

1.33% Complete
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by SoftBread01: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2023
A very good start, Doc.

Well done!

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by farydah: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2023
Well done OP. Im rooting for you as I'm on the same journey but less stringent. Best wishes to us

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Yohans(m): 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Wish you the best on your journey OP.

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by ymdo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2023
Please let me join you my bro

How do I contact you?

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
ymdo:
Please let me join you my bro

How do I contact you?

Okay.
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2023
SoftBread01:
A very good start, Doc.

Well done!

Thank you very much. One step at a time and I will reach my goal

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
farydah:
Well done OP. Im rooting for you as I'm on the same journey but less stringent. Best wishes to us

Thank you very much. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yohans:
Wish you the best on your journey OP.

Thank you very much
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Najdorf: 4:08am On Apr 24, 2023
Nice. Stay consistent and you can achieve whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 7:16am On Apr 24, 2023
Day 3: Sunday, 23rd April 2023

Time Spent: 5 Hours 30 minutes

I watched a 4-hour YouTube video by Ahmed Oyelowo. That's an introduction to Microsoft Excel.

I subsequently watched another video by freecodecamp, for 1 hour 30 minutes. I've forgotten the name of the instructor. He had a list of Excel projects and built them from scratch. This one was a bit fast-paced and I was lost at some point. I stopped 30 minutes to the end of the video. I will still complete it and probably rewatch to understand it better.

Total Number Of Hours Spent So Far: 13 Hours 30 Minutes (out of 600 Hours)

2.25% Complete

1 Like

Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by ymdo(m): 8:30am On Apr 24, 2023
DataDoc:

Okay.
I didn't get any email even though nairalandbis notifying you sent a mail
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by DataDoc: 9:00am On Apr 24, 2023
ymdo:
I didn't get any email even though nairalandbis notifying you sent a mail

Reply the Nairaland mail. It will get to my email
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by virginboy1(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2023
DataDoc:
Hi.

Nice one bro...I pray your achieve this.

Atyms it's not just the determination...but the distractions....I pray and hope your determination overcome the distractions
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by Godfullsam(m): 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
DataDoc:

I watched a 4-hour YouTube video by Ahmed Oyelowo. That's an introduction to Microsoft Excel.

I subsequently watched another video by freecodecamp, for 1 hour 30 minutes. I've forgotten the name of the instructor. He had a list of Excel projects and built them from scratch. This one was a bit fast-paced and I was lost at some point. I stopped 30 minutes to the end of the video. I will still complete it and probably rewatch to understand it better.

2.25% Complete

Kindly pose the link to the online videos you are watching
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by rubysecret: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pls I will like to join you on this challenge as I just started learning DA and needs accountability partner.
Re: My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) by GreatKingg: 3:50am On Apr 29, 2023
Hey, let me give you a tip that will go a long way to help you.

The best way to learn programming is to practice what you watch/learn on the video materials/recordings.... for example, you're currently learning Microsoft excel, as you watch the videos, practice hands-on as you watch. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to complete each video. What matters most is learning and retaining the knowledge. Practicing on your own as you watch helps you retain what you watched/learned. An 8-hour video might take you 24 hours to master, so far you are able to understand and recreate what you learned on your own. After each video recording, practice what you learnt hands-on without looking at the video.

When you get to the SQL aspect, download the SQL studio. That will help you get some hands-on. Same with PowerBI. Download the free version and do a lot of practice.... do some assignments and projects.... this will go a long way to help you during interviews.

Note, you have to dedicate enough time for this. SQL PowerBI, and Excel are the most important skill for a data analyst. SAS is also in high demand now. R and Python are extras... You can add python to make you dynamic. Data modeling is also important.

If necessary, whenever you feel you are ready, let me know. I can help with some assignments and projects, and also some interview tips..
DataDoc:

2.25% Complete

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Germany Opportunity Card? / C++ Mystified: A Self Teaching Guide By Jeff Kent / Let's Talk Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.