Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados (4254 Views)

Buhari Can’t Double President, Petroleum Minister – Ijaw Groups / How Jonathan Lands In Otuoke And How Buhari Intends To Land In Daura / I Have No Plan To "Islamise" Osun State Or Secede From Nigeria - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
I have to come out of my shell and explain this.

Ijaw do not own land in Edo state, ondo state or warri or farcados
The ijaws are Immigrate of Edo state, ondo state or warri or farcados
The Ijaw people are nomadic fishermen who fish . and they go to places where they can find fish. 

The fulani are also nomadic people who trade in cattle.

So people should get the history correct.

It is like saying the fulani who bring cow to lagos to sell own lagos or oyo state. that is not correct.

the way how the system work is like this. places like apapa or ikoyi use to be white settlement.   most of the street are name after white people. the same thing apply. you cant say the white people own the land.

In the usa, the native india are considered the own of the land.  Is the same thing in nigeria. THe ijaws are not owners of Edo state, ondo state or warri or farcados, they are immigrate. even the so call land they claim is there own because of the oil .  The ijaws are only saying this because of oil. The ijaws know they dont own the place. they just want to get paid for what they dont own. This is how nigerian are. It is call Chancing in nigeria.  nigerian are expert in chancing.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by Onlytruth(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
Posted by: musiwa.,.

I have to come out of my shell and explain this.

Ijaw do not own land in Edo state, ondo state or warri or farcados
The Ijaw people are nomadic fishermen who fish . and they go to places where they can find fish.

The fulani are also nomadic people who trade in cattle.

So people should get the history correct.

It is like saying the fulani who bring cow to lagos to sell own lagos or oyo state. that is not correct.

the way how system work is like this. places like apapa or ikoyi use to be white settlement. most of the street are name after white people. the same thing apply. you cant say the white people own the land. in the usa. the native india are considered the own of the land. Is the same thing in nigeria. THe ijaws are not owners of Edo state, ondo state or warri or farcados, they are immigrate. even the so call land they claim is there own because of the oil . The ijaws are only saying this because of oil. The ijaws know they dont own the place. they just want to get paid for what they dont own. This is how nigerian are. It is call Chancing in nigeria. nigerian are expert in chancing.

hehehe! grin grin
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by kpogede77: 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
Musi Baba, where have you been, I don miss you tire, all you have said about Nigeria is already happening. Are Baba , you are welcome back to NLD
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by PointB: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2011
@Topic,

Musiwa, can you show us this using your fantastic satellite pictures? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 1:07am On Sep 23, 2011
the way the land system works in nigeria, even when you pay the real owners. The land is more like renting for 99 years. After 99 years. The land is official no more yours it return back to the native.

Even the USA govt recognize the native india as owners of USA land. and they reserve power of ownership to the native indians. Even a native indian from canada can live in the USA or vise visa. The moment she or he cross over. she get the right to residence.

The USA govt or canada allow them to have what they call reserve, this are area they only live and have their culture.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by aljharem3: 1:21am On Sep 23, 2011
musiwa. where have u been

egbon I don miss ur maps die
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by aloyemeka1: 1:23am On Sep 23, 2011
Musiwa, is that how you are going to treat the Ijaws when they follow you  out of Nigeria?.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
look my brother, I dont lie. you can go and ask Goodluck Jonathan, if he is honest with you. The ijaws never own the land. That is it. I dont believe in discrimination.  Uzodinma Goodhead Jr ( Uzodinma is an Igbo name)Who change his name to Alhaji Mujahid Abubakar Asari  does not know much of the history of this area. when he started  his niger delta dream,  that why when you look at the satellite pictures. you have Uhrobo and Itsekeri in farcados. In 1984 and 1994 and 95. the Ijaw tried to genocide the Itsekeri and Ilaje from the area. But it is because most of this people are young and they dont know the history of this area.

Look Nigeria before oil, use to be the world producer of Cocoa, groundnut and Timber.  The ijaw people use to control and ship Timber from the east to lagos. while the ilaje control  the west and  the ijaws alone the way they stop and sleep. some did not return back home. The Ijaw apoi for example in ondo state.  And that language in which they speak is a combination of Yoruba and Ijaw, which the Ijaw immigrate created.    Now most of them bear Yoruba name, because they are mostly half breed of Yoruba people. It is the same in Kwara state, with the people they call tapa in kwara state. they are mostly 50% Yoruba and Nupa, the land is Yoruba, they were children of warrior who came to fight. When they got there, they settle down and married Yorubas. that is the history of the place.

Nigeria at one time use to be the world largest producer of Timber. and the Ijaws use to use the waterway to ship timber from the east to the west. this is the reason. the ijaws use to be the main traders of timber from the east. while ilaje control the west.  And also many ijaw were fishermen, who immigrated to this places. 
Another reason was a place they call aiyetoro (Better life), which ran communism, many ijaw looking for a better life for their children  relocated to this places.  You also have zion church in that area, which is an important land mark to the C and S church world wide. and You have Igbola.  this are the things that attracted ijaw to leave their place and look for better life.

Uzodinma Goodhead Jr Who change his name to Alhaji Mujahid Abubakar Asari   who created the niger delta and is seen as the father of the Niger delta did not know the history of the area before he was drawing his map.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by aloyemeka1: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
musiwa.,.:

Batu proper.  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by Beaf: 12:01am On Sep 28, 2011
@Musiwa
If you check the satellite pictures, you will see that Unilorins famous faculty of electricity engineering is actually in an Ijaw village. So Ijaw people own Unilorin. cool grin
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by ektbear: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2011
I even wonder how fishermen came to purportedly own so much land.

So fisherman owns land

farmer owns the sky

birds own the sea

etc
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by tpia5: 12:10am On Sep 28, 2011
as far as i know, the pure ijaws in ondo live on water.

the apois are the ones living on land i think.

living on water would imply you also own the land covered by the water? someone correct me if i'm wrong.

not sure what all this is about anyway. Maybe things have changed.

any links to the tom briggs stuff everyone is going on about?
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by Beaf: 12:12am On Sep 28, 2011
tpia@:

as far as i know, the pure ijaws in ondo live on water.

the apois are the ones living on land i think.

Apoi are Ijaw.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by tpia5: 12:15am On Sep 28, 2011
^^apoi are mixed, or yoruba speaking ijaw.

let's not make this complicated.

western ijaws are categorized in two different ways- the yoruba speaking [tend to live on land] and the pure ijaws, or non-yoruba speaking, who live on water.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by Beaf: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2011
^
Yes, they speak Yoruba, but call themselves Ijaw and trace their history to Apoi village in Bayelsa. There are other Ijaw that live on land, but it is uncommon outside Bayelsa and Delta states, thats why the Apoi stand out.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 12:56am On Sep 28, 2011
Yes, you are right, We call them ijaw apoi. Apoi is where they come from. Apoi is in bayelsa state. Apoi creek is also call Nun creek in bayelsa state
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by tpia5: 1:31am On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

^
Yes, they speak Yoruba, but call themselves Ijaw and trace their history to Apoi village in Bayelsa. There are other Ijaw that live on land, but it is uncommon outside Bayelsa and Delta states, thats why the Apoi stand out.

the apoi and arogbo arent unknown in their state of origin, to the best of my knowledge.

not sure how living on land makes them stand out, though maybe it would be considered unusual in the areas you mention.

in yorubaland they're known as ijo ori omi [ijaw living on water] and ijo ori ile [ijaw living on land].

the ones living on land trade with the yorubas i believe.

they also interact more with yorubas while the ones on water maintain ties with their kinsmen further east ie southsouth.

some of the yorubas on that side also live on water.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by aljharem3: 1:43am On Sep 28, 2011
tpia@:

the apoi and arogbo arent unknown in their state of origin, to the best of my knowledge.

not sure how living on land makes them stand out, though maybe it would be considered unusual in the areas you mention.

in yorubaland they're known as ijo ori omi [ijaw living on water] and ijo ori ile [ijaw living on land].

the ones living on land trade with the yorubas i believe.

they also interact more with yorubas while the ones on water maintain ties with their kinsmen further east ie southsouth.

some of the yorubas on that side also live on water.
Not all apoi ijaw claim Ijaw

some claim yoruba

the Ijo (made up of a part of Apoi [note that some Apoi claim Yoruba ancestry] and Arogbo)

http://ipinleondo.com/myondostate/aboutondo.php
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 2:19am On Sep 28, 2011
chima remove that picture

If you dont  believe my story, here is the google satellite picture and you will notice that the national forest is in Ijaw land. timber,  was a trade then, timber no more for nigeria.   that is apoi town.

Young man i dont have to lie to you.

Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by tpia5: 3:06am On Sep 28, 2011
alj_harem:

Not all apoi ijaw claim Ijaw

some claim yoruba

maybe they have yoruba mothers.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 4:39am On Sep 28, 2011
I know most of you are igbo. because most igbos dont know anything about the west. some of this places, like you see forcados. it is is mostly own by itsekiri people. Some of the names of town in Warri south, that you people claim. are my former classmate;s family land. So i know the story of the land very well. The ijaw dont own it. Even you have towns bearing Oghene some something. Any town that bear Oghene is Uhrobo or Isoko. How can Ijaw people jump over the itsekiri and uhrobo and go to several miles and claim they own it.

Like I told you. I dont discriminate if someone is ijaws. I am only telling you a story. My classmate is ijaw and I have friend that are ijaw people. I can only tell you the truth. Timber trade use to common those day. The place they call Ebute metta was for timber. That is why they call it Ebute metta. iddo was also another timber location. Till Agbepo ( people who carry shit down throw shit there. ) , Obasanjo, Fashola and Tinubu and others who are old enough will tell you. Iddo was were they use to throw all the shit in Lagos. that should tell you. I am not JJC. IDDO was well knew for Shit, So you can see, this is not a JJC written.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 4:43am On Sep 28, 2011
ibru family started with Ibru fishing those day. that was along apapa. i forgot the name of the bus  stop.  that is before you get to the seaport.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by arsenefc: 4:54am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^

Egbon Musiwa, how body?

How life? We don miss you gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

How wife and pinkin?
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 1:43am On Sep 29, 2011
you, the yorubas are minding our business. we can only say what we want. it is not our business to decide if ijaw want to leave, that is Jonathan goodluck decision. Have you ever seen me, say Igbo want to leave. that is their business. we are minding our own business.

I will tell you one honest truth. Southern nigeria country is not possible without war. Even if nigeria break up edo,delta and Yorubas would prefer to go. We dont want to leave nigeria. and be part of a country that will look like nigeria. and we would again need the UN to help us break it. It is once and forever. We can stand on our own. We have to look for what is best for our people. you dont want to run from fire and return to another fire.

Look you can have friend from mali etc,
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by NDelta(m): 1:52am On Sep 29, 2011
Its better to let the sleeping lion lie, dont provoke the warriors of Niger Delta with your post
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by musiwa48: 2:18am On Sep 29, 2011
is Uzodinma Goodhead Jr not the founder of niger delta. what are you talking about.
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by swaggerboi2011: 6:42am On Sep 29, 2011
leave this mata
Re: Ijaw Do Not Own Land In Edo State, Ondo State Or Warri Or Farcados by oapercy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear All,
I came across this thread and though late felt compelled to make some corrections as an Ijaw Apoi mixed blood
1. It is entirely false to reason that IJaws are tenants or settlers on their lands contrary to the arguments of some. All tribes came at one time or the other to their present occupations. The Apoi Ijaws for example have been recognized by the early British Colonial Masters as an Izon people on their land long before amalgamation of north and southern Nigeria
2. The statement on the website link of Ondo State Government describing the Ijaws as settlers rather than aborigine is most unfortunate. Apois have been living on their lands long before Ondo State was created. If by executive fiat, the government of Nigeria calved out peoples and their lands to form Ondo State, the majority should not clandestinely using ill - informed officers to dispossess the minority of their lands. The gazettes are there for every one to see. In one of such, the Colonial Masters called the KALAZUWE the Oba of Izons.
3. The Apois are wholly Ijaws. There is nothing like a part is Ijaw and another Yoruba. The Apois are a unit of Ijaws which continue to maintain their Ijaw culture and ancestry though with a variant dialect due to their agelong interactions with their neighbors- the Ikales and the Ilajes

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Sets-up Committee To Examine Ribadu Report And Others / FG Earned N5 Trillion From Taxes In 2012 – FIRS / Breaking News: Leaders Call For Jega's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.