Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement (11641 Views)

Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit / Court Stands Down Obaseki’s Suit For Out-of-court Settlement / Abacha Hotel: El-rufai Agrees To Out-of-court Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by ijustdey: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2023
The Rivers State Government has agreed to an out-of-court settlement with the Federal Government on the backlog of stamp duty owed to the state.

The approval for the state to withdraw the case was granted by the state House of Assembly during plenary on Thursday.

This came as all 36 states of the federation are exploring out-of-court settlement over a case filed at the Supreme Court on the refund of funds collected as stamp duties from the state governments and the payment of five per cent consultancy fee.

The Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Ikuinyi Awani-Ibani, on Thursday, read a letter from Governor Nyesom Wike seeking the approval of the House for the payment of the consultancy fee which will be deducted from source.

The lawmakers said the approval for an out-of-court settlement would help to fast-track the refund of all funds collected as stamp duty.

The leader of the House, Martins Ameawhule, explained that the approval would be beneficial.

He stated, “We have looked into the merits and demerits of this. I think that if the consultants were engaged and they need to be paid, we can go ahead to pay the consultants; so that we can access our funds. They would have played certain roles that would make them be in a position to receive the percentage of the funds accruing to the state.

“Mr Speaker, I want to say that we proceed to grant approval for this request so that our state will be part of what other states have agreed to enable these funds get to Rivers State as quickly as possible

https://punchng.com/stamp-duty-rivers-fg-opt-for-out-of-court-settlement/

4 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by otuomasirichi: 11:06am On Apr 21, 2023
😎
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Sammydav: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2023
You don't engage in a battle you can't win

2 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Manny21: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wike is desperately currying Tinubu's favour. Supreme Court will never decides in favour of Rivers and others. Tinubu will surprise this guy. EFCC will pick you and Tinubu will try to be neutral and do nothing. Tinubu needs incorruptible global and domestic perceptions to strengthen his political legitimacy

11 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Reelmii: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
grin
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Spetiiko87(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
ISSO Kay
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by ecolime(m): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
KingSatan:
Wike will forever be remembered for fighting strong men.

He fought battles that his boss (Dr Peter Odili) couldn't fight.

Strong Man
Wike right now, all these accolades because I betrayed my people? shocked

11 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by KingSatan: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wike will forever be remembered for fighting strong men.

He fought battles that his boss (Dr Peter Odili) couldn't fight.

Strong Man

191 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
grin Wike !!! Let's settle out of court.

I promise I go come commission more of your project b4 I leave office angry grin

94 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by benjsniper33: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ok na
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by OKKO(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Both the FG, State governments, state assembly, and the consultants are thieves, stealing from the people.

It is a war between the elite and the masses. They said it is for the funds to come as quickly as possible into the looting purse.

9 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by theophorus(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Na people wen get sense be this.

They didn't go about issuing empty ultimatum neither do they start one foolish agitation abi na sit at home self.

They approach the court, present their request and na the FG don come listen to them.

Ordinary to Present/table their grievance through their Lawmakers, they cannot, na to dey shout ******/death.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Dreal1247: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wike wants to collect his own share before May 29th. The court process will take a long time to resolve.
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by AsomStructures: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
80percent of times wike was in office he used in fighting others..
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

2 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by oluwaseyi0: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wike actually held the FG in its balls

things like this is what the south should be clammoring for

let everyone control their tax

10 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
OKKO:
Both the FG, State governments, state assembly, and the consultants are thieves, stealing from the people.

It is a war between the elite and the masses. They said it is for the funds to come as quickly as possible into the looting purse.
It's normal for government to Thief from its citizens now !
It's a global thing 🤣😂😂

85 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by sonature1: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
Although he is a lousy man, Nyesom Wike has done well for his state. The next governor of Rivers State should focus on taking development to the rural areas. Rivers State should go beyond Port Harcourt.

Also, build your people too to be more productive and not depend on handouts from oil companies and federal government amnesty money.

8 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by DMerciful(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
Instead of allowing the Supreme Court to determine the case once and for all, the structures of criminality have aligned again to the detriment of the Nigerian people

2 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by constant1960: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
Wike About to collect his own percentage nothing more nothing less
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by DeLaRue: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
The uniquely Nigerian 'Consultancy fee' again.

And it is rarely less than 5%.

Will corruption and wastefulness of scarce resources ever end in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by omowolewa: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Okay
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by MadamExcellency: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
You don't settle constitutional matter out of court.

This is certainly a wrong move.

1 Like

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by BidenDTrounced: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2023
Can someone please create a thread on Saudi Arabia...
Na weytin dey my mind rn.
I get plenty wey I wan talk and my hand is itchy.
The 9/11 attack was induced by the CIA.
It was another pretext similar to the WMD pretext for the invasion of Iraq.
But the God of Sultan Mehmed II in his infinite mercy directed the Saudi leadership and they prevailed over the antics of the West.
The destabilization of Saudi Arabia was neccessary because it invalidates the sermons of the West on democracy.

Nigeria should be like Saudi Arabia where
"the KSA provides native Saudis with more than adequate welfare benefits, removing the need to live and work in other developed countries.

There are a variety of reasons why so few Saudi Arabians chose to permanently live to the United States. Among these were the wealth of Saudi Arabia, the religious faith and pride of Saudis who found it difficult to maintain an Islamic lifestyle in the United States, and a lack of factors motivating citizens to leave Saudi Arabia. The limited number of marriages between the US and Saudi citizens may also have contributed to the low number of Saudi immigrants and of Saudi American" Wikipedia...

My interests is a developed and prosperous Africa where ordinary Africans have the resources to travel and explore the world without having to dehumanize themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Gajagojo: 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
Sammydav:
You don't engage in a battle you can't win
What is Your point?
Do you understand what is going on?
Must you talk?

2 Likes

Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by Blackdisciple(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
This came as all 36 states of the federation are exploring out-of-court settlement.

Thieves...
State governors are money demons especially from South to the east.

States control your revenue they said no
State control your resources they said no
State security they said no
State produce electricity they said no
State safeguard the lives and properties of your people babu

So tell me what are state governors doing Abi Na only roads dem dey build that's the ones that actually built roads I'm talking about oo
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by rajiedreez: 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
Good or not good
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by inoki247: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lol
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by endy69: 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2023
Dreal1247:
Wike wants to collect his own share before May 29th. The court process will take a long time to resolve.
I think say na only me dey think like this. Wike definitely lives a very expensive lifestyle and would be looking to maintain that without unlimited access to the state treasury and the SIM card he inserted in the govt House maybe betray him like wike did to others. In all, Wike na the real victim of 2023 election
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by chuose: 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2023
If Rivers were in the North, they won't have this issue.
Re: Stamp Duty: Rivers, FG Opt For Out-of-court Settlement by chrisxxx(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Can u see?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 RPGs Launched Into Bukuru Area In Jos / Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election / Bomb Factory Discovered In Kano, Eyed Havoc At Sallah, Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.