Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) (74954 Views)

Why Is Flight Price Now Expensive In Nigeria (picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by emerged01(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
maleekberry:
We don't produce anything,ours is just to import and consume.

On a normal day those containers are supposed to be filled up with what we produce but the reverse is the case.
we can produce babies😂

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by casualobserver: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
arejibadz:
obi said consumption to production

the same man who imported toothpicks, ketchup, wine, and other things that can produced in Nigeria in the 4000 containers?

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Iamzik: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:

What did he produce as governor for 8 years ?

Agbero, lastma and kai
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by JOemmy(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2023
Obi that wanted to change all these with his from consumption to production mission was completely rigged out nigeria really have a long way to go.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Timmi: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
arejibadz:
obi said consumption to production

Just like Obi did in Anambra right? Empty talks full of theories with no actionable result.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by sonnie10: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
Moneyboyz:
Na only oil we dey export.
Even petroleum byproducts like petroleum jelly, grease, lubricants, polyethylene bags, are not being exported. Those would have filled the gap.
The lazy wholesale export of crude oil, instead of adding value to it, is one of the biggest problems.
I am even going to far, common petrol, diesel and kerosine is a struggle to refine in Nigeria.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Kobicove(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
lereinter:

Name the imported things nigeria crazily seek

Nigerians import rice, cornflakes, toothpick, toothpaste, toilet soap, skin lotion, floor tiles, engine oil...etc.

These things are produced in Nigeria therefore we have no business importing but a Nigerian who is shopping at a supermarket will reject Nasco cornflakes and buy imported Kellogs' cornflakes so he/she can show off to his friends.

Later these same idiots will be wondering why the Naira is loosing value
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by tomdon(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:
This is only new to those who are not in logistics industry, this has been going on for many years. It is even better now that we have improved in exports.

What is normal about empty containers leaving the country Mr logistics industry
That it has been happening, does that make it a normal situation.
Imports have improved but can you imagine empties coming from china to Nigeria?? Think well Mr logistics

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Joey4321: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
Parachoko:
Asiwaju is a wealthy man, so his daughters can afford does properties.

Go and make a research about how much land is sold for in Boudillon in koyi where one of Tinubu property is located.

How can you be so knowledgable and spill this kind of trash?
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by MJluv(f): 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
Bahamas95:
These criminals don finish Nigeria patapata.

Na only Nigeria dem spend billions on whistle blowing but no trace of the money wey dem recover......Nor be juju be dat?

Lol...
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by MasterTeeUSA: 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Some times I dont feel like responding on here, because I am allergic to ignorance.

Do you know that we have been exporting products that have been rejected for not meeting international standards?

Do you know that you cannot just export what other countries do not want or buy in advance?

Do you know that exporting finished products is better and more economical than raw materials in order to prevent deficits?

Do you know that our producers have been using other countries' labels to ship products for acceptability outside Nigeria?

Now that we have established all the things you do not know.. Now, the Fed Govt realizes that instead of shipping raw materials, they can ship finished products, and this is why you have the largest rice mill in Lagos, and the largest storage certification facility being built in Lagos that meets international standard. That is why you also have automated Lekki Deep SeaPort. That is why they stopped Lithium export; now we have companies building battery production plants in Kaduna. Now we have LNG and LNG stations springing up, and also battery powered vehicles. Now, we have vehicle assembling plants that will eventually use Natural Gas and Battery.

We have the population to consume what we produce, and self-sustainability is the first step to a prosperous Nigeria not looking for things to export. Please READ...it is good for the soul.

Yourprick:

https://twitter.com/JohnAshbourne/status/1649167079784734722?t=WFvNg3cmrFP2fHNeUpulUg&s=19

Saw these while scrolling through Twitter, why are they leaving empty?
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
tomdon:

What is normal about empty containers leaving the country Mr logistics industry
That it has been happening, does that make it a normal situation.
Imports have improved but can you imagine empties coming from china to Nigeria?? Think well Mr logistics

Oga calm down. Exports of empty containers happen in every country of the world. China is the only country in the world that has more export than imports. Even US imports a lot from China. Again, I say it is normal. I remember saying also that for advanced country with robust agricultural and industrialised economy, there should be more of cargo-laden containers than empty but it is impossible not to have export of empty containers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by marshmonii: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
Yourprick:

https://twitter.com/JohnAshbourne/status/1649167079784734722?t=WFvNg3cmrFP2fHNeUpulUg&s=19

Our minerals, Gold, litium etc na him full those containers

1 Like

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
aariwa:
We are not producing and the reason the thieves that held Nigeria down are fighting Obi who wanted to restore dignity of Nigeria as a country
Stop deceiving yourself, Obi-diot is one of the top 10 individual importers in Nigeria.
All the items in his Abuja burnt Next cash supermarket could hardly boast of 5% locally sourced goods.
Infact, I can boldly give 98% imported products.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by TOMMYS: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I like your signature: see video below: "On your mandate, on your mandate..."

The FBI knew of the day Bola Tinubu's two youngest daughters Habibat Oyindamola Tinubu and Zainab Abisola Tinubu bought houses in New York at ages 25 and 22, with no known jobs or businesses. One was a deluxe condo at 55 Berry Street, Brooklyn, New York, NY 11249. Oyindamola paid $2,150,000 in cash for this one in 2014. The other was a deluxe apartment at 255 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10013. Zainab Abisola Tinubu paid $2,400,000 in cash for this one. Their financial transactions that Nigerian media would spend months and months searching for, the FBI has them at their fingertips.

What is in Bola Tinubu's FBI file is very important. Foreign intelligence agencies will never release such, for these are their aces in diplomacy, economic and security interests. The contents of these files are the scissors their countries will use to grab our president's balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6COWi65hU

If Emilokan no sign rainbow 🌈 into law. I go use my 2k do giveaway
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Tycyborg(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2023
HydraFeeds:

What did he produce as governor for 8 years ?

Exactly my thoughts too... Imagine Nigeria importing rice while we abandon ours... We call it local... When buhari close the border so we will be force to be productive and we can be forced use things we produce... Then the Nigerian complain comes into play... They shout and complain... Almost Everyone in Nigeria wants to work in an office or travel abroad or scam people.. nobody wants to form except the hausas... And another thing... Don't trust a Nigerian abroad even your family when it comes to money... I wanted to start exporting of HARBS for diabetes which was made by a local woman... I sent it abroad... They sold it and till date no response concerning my money... When I ask they tell me out of everything in the world you want to sell rubbish that has no gain...
NIGERIANS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Ezzymadu: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2023
Zonefree:

The only thing we produce is corruption. Can the containers be filled with corruption
Ofcourse OGA
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by vannessa7(f): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
aariwa:
how old are you? So you don’t know electricity or fuel or diesel is need for production? That you will pay your workers? Can you compete with a person producing same where electricity is stable? With current cost of fuel are you willing to pay 3 times the price for same item?..smh

You talk condescendingly even without knowledge, I wouldn't have responded to you if not for your tone, when you produce for your country use you don't have to compete if you don't import same product from other countries,and your economy get stronger, government is able to produce better amenities because they receive more tax, more jobs becomes available and household income increases, it produces a circle of prosperity because you are not enriching another country by patronizing them when your own country people can produce same thing but is left jobless because you prefer foreign good, when china closed it's borders for 40 years, there was little advancement in power generation then but they persisted and they are now developed, everything I have said is textbook macroeconomic fact being taught daily in higher institutions.

2 Likes

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by deewhydoski(m): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
Onyinyechiugly1:
Except obi reclaims his mandate....this country is heading to a sloppy stead.

Tinubu is not fit to rule this country!
Which mandate?
Person came third and u are talking of mandate
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by XAUBulls: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
Yourprick:

Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by princenaira(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
Yourprick:

They should have filled them with corruption since that is the only thing we produce here
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Reference(m): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
When subsidies go and more revenue is made available let us see what government will use this 'new found' resource on or to do.
Let us see whether it will not all, be lost on:

* Increasing the government workforce. bigger salaries, wages and overheads.
* Increasing the number of government contractors to deliver all manner of irrelevant goods and services at ridiculous, eye-watering rates to grease the engine of office holders.
* Increasing the number of so called social investment programs supposedly providing relief for the so called 'poorest of the poor' demographic without credible evidence and with no parameters for gauging effectiveness whatsoever.
* And then, outright theft, waste and mismanagement by man and the legendary animals operating in government offices.

Where is the productivity that will fill 4,000 shipping containers.
Where is the productivity that will first satisfy the country in such a manner that the excess can be exported....
Nigeria is just not structured to produce anything the economy needs to prosper, period.
And those that fall over themselves to grab the reins of government do so purely for access to the nations resources to perpetuate the vicious cycle of rent seeking.

Grabbing what they can to buy future patronage, power and privilege. And the extent to which Nigeria decays is the extent to which the cost of perpetuating this terrible system rises. And believe me it is rising. For the sterner the ordinary oppressed citizen fights for change he yearns for, the costlier it is for them to hang on.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by XAUBulls: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Some times I dont feel like responding on here, because I am allergic to ignorance.

Do you know that we have been exporting products that have been rejected for not meeting international standards?

Do you know that you cannot just export what other countries do not want?

Do you know that it is better and more economical to export finished products than to finish raw materials?

Do you know that our producers have been using other countries' labels to ship product for acceptability outside Nigeria?

Now that we have established all the things you do not know.. Now, the Fed Govt realizes that instead of shipping raw materials, they can ship finished products, and this is why you have the largest rice mill in Lagos, and the largest storage certification facility being build in Lagos that meets international standard. That is why you also have automated Lekki Deep SeaPort. That is why they stopped Lithium export, and now we have companies building battery production plants in Kaduna. Now we have LNG and LNG stations springing up, and also battery powered vehicles. Now, we have vehicle assembling plants that will eventually using National Gas and Battery.

We have the population to consume what we produce, and self sustainability is the first step to a prosperous Nigeria not looking for things to export. Please READ...it is good for the soul.

Nicely put.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Aleem26(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
It happens when the government doesn’t Favour exporters for export shipments
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by XAUBulls: 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

Oga calm down. Exports of empty containers happen in every country of the world. China is the only country in the world that has more export than imports. Even US imports a lot from China. Again, I say it is normal. I remember saying also that for advanced country with robust agricultural and industrialised economy, there should be more of cargo-laden containers than empty but it is impossible not to have export of empty containers.
True that.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Winning123: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
Shut up. It is so easy for you to criticize. What do you also personally produce and export.

Zonefree:

The only thing we produce is corruption. Can the containers be filled with corruption
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by KwuoteYourFada: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2023
totit:

Yeeebooe economy is a container economy and they are even proud of that.

Playing tribalism already?

Shame on you
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by Charly68: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Shipping out empty containers what for ? Somebody is doing manipulations to gain access to forex I think
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by aariwa(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
vannessa7:

You talk condescendingly even without knowledge, I wouldn't have responded to you if not for your tone, when you produce for your country use you don't have to compete if you don't import same product from other countries,and your economy get stronger, government is able to produce better amenities because they receive more tax, more jobs becomes available and household income increases, it produces a circle of prosperity because you are not enriching another country by patronizing them when your own country people can produce same thing but is left jobless because you prefer foreign good, when china closed it's borders for 40 years, there was little advancement in power generation then but they persisted and they are now developed, everything I have said is textbook macroeconomic fact being taught daily in higher institutions.
what are you typing? Are you saying buhari or Peter Obi should have banned importation? You don’t need to type the long epistle because my 5 year old knows already the benefits of local production and export by every country and which is why Peter Obi is advocating for same. So what is you non text book view about production in Nigeria today? What is the basics needed for production in Nigeria today that is there?
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by ofwest47(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
In Nigeria you get everything imported from fly covered meat to Television __ B B C Radio news.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by totit: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Playing tribalism already?

Shame on you

According to recent stats ' 65% of container goes to the SE region. So, I only stated facts. Stop being emotional.
Re: 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) by nony43(m): 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
totit:

Yeeebooe economy is a container economy and they are even proud of that.

Yes very proud.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Moving Filling Station In Dubai Shocks Nigerian Man (Pix, Video) / Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.