Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa (602 Views)

People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Fulani Herdsmen Strike Kill 4 Benue People In Fresh Attack / 15 People Killed In Mgbuosimini, Port-Harcourt Rivers State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by Mathantics: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2023
It was reported that farmers and herders clashed for two days at Tattara Mada, Migini and Angwan Barau communities in Kokona Local Government Area of the state during which scores of houses and property worth millions of naira belonging to the locals were reportedly burnt.

At least 12 people were reportedly killed in clashes between suspected Fulani herdsmen and farmers in Nasarawa State, Northern Nigeria.

It was reported that farmers and herders clashed for two days at Tattara Mada, Migini and Angwan Barau communities in Kokona Local Government Area of the state during which scores of houses and property worth millions of naira belonging to the locals were reportedly burnt.

It was reported that the crisis erupted when a Fulani boy allegedly led his herds and destroyed a sugarcane plantation of the locals and when the owners saw him, they beat him to stupor.

The Fulani boy managed to take the cattle back to their settlement where he narrated the incident to his parents who only gave him home treatment, but he died in the process.

It was gathered that after the boy’s death, the Fulani herders launched a reprisal attack on the communities leading to killing of the victims.

Meanwhile, the Nasarawa State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Nanham Nansel, who confirmed the incident said that the figures on social media are exaggerated.

But Daily Trust reports that Governor Abdullahi Sule, while playing host to the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) on Sallah homage in his village in Gudi, Akwanga Local Government Area of the state, lamented that Tattara-Mada village had been destroyed due to communal crisis.

Nlfpmod

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/22/12-persons-die-fresh-farmers-herders-clash-nasarawa-state

Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by shortgun(m): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
Result of Muslim Muslim ticket
Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
APC victory has re-energized them
Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by Assassink: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2023
Last time I checked,APC won that state with large margin

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2023
Assassink:
Last time I checked, obi of LP won presidential election there while governorship was won by pdp but apc was declared winner.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by obiekunie01: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2023
Assassink:

last time i checked APC brazenly stole the peoples mandated overwhelming vote for the PDP candidate
Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by obiekunie01: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2023
CondenseMilk:
APC STOLEN victory has re-energized them
Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by Mathantics: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Assassink:

Not true
Re: Fresh Attack: 12 People Killed In Nasarawa by southsouthking(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
What's really happening in this country?
Why the killings everywhere?

(1) (Reply)

Banker Caught By EFCC Selling New Naira Notes To POS Agent / N2.2bn Banquet Hall: Enough Is Enough! / Blast Kills Ten Girls As They Collect Firewood Near Afghan Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.