Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? (808 Views)

Has The Tech Bubble Bust? / The Tech Bro Pandemic ! They Are So Annoying ! / Impact Of Online Naira Card Purchase Restrictions On Tech Space In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Good day guys.

I'm currently learning software engineering in a bootcamp here in Lagos and I intend to move to Abuja after the program to kick-start my career in the software development industry.
However, I don't know about the tech opportunities in Abuja.

What is the tech space in Abuja like?
In terms of growth, renumeration, etc.

Abuja techies, please, come in!

Mods. Help me take it to front page
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2023
You are better off in Lagos especially if your target is local naija jobs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Clefayomide: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2023
The tech space in abuja isn't as big as what they have in lagos. Asides ventures park i dont see any other tech hub in abuja. Entry level tech salary in abuja is around 150k. Abuja is more suitable for real estate and independent contractors
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2023
Clefayomide:
The tech space in abuja isn't as big as what they have in lagos. Asides ventures park i dont see any other tech hub in abuja. Entry level tech salary in abuja is around 150k. Abuja is more suitable for real estate and independent contractors

I don't like this place at all. Even if it's 100k, I will take it. Lagos is not just my kind of place.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Maj196(m): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
You can stay in Abuja and work remotely maybe from Lagos or abroad if you can't find a suitable onsite job. Living in Abuja is better than Lagos tbh.

PS: I'm a developer in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Maj196:
You can stay in Abuja and work remotely maybe from Lagos or abroad if you can't find a suitable onsite job. Living in Abuja is better than Lagos tbh.

PS: I'm a developer in Abuja

Abuja is just perfect for me in every sense.
But I'm not banking on remote jobs for now cos I know it doesn't come easy.
I'm looking for a full time job inorder to move to Abuja.
Once I secure a full time job, then I can start looking for remote jobs.

How is the space for developers in Abuja in terms of full time jobs?
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Maj196(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2023
28plus:

Abuja is just perfect for me in every sense.
But I'm not banking on remote jobs for now cos I know it doesn't come easy.
I'm looking for a full time job inorder to move to Abuja.
Once I secure a full time job, then I can start looking for remote jobs.

How is the space for developers in Abuja in terms of full time jobs?
It's fair. But not as good as compared to Lagos.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Deicide: 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
I stay in Abuja and I would say it's 0. Lagos is far better for tech Jobs. You would see 100 tech job in Lagos before you see one in Abuja.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
Maj196:
It's fair. But not as good as compared to Lagos.

Alright thanks
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2023
Deicide:
I stay in Abuja and I would say it's 0. Lagos is far better for tech Jobs. You would see 100 tech job in Lagos before you see one in Abuja.

Chai

Why is it like that?

Me like this no fit wait to comot for here ooo
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Maj196(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
28plus:

Chai

Why is it like that?

Me like this no fit wait to comot for here ooo
You will still get if you search well. However your tech stack is also a determinant. Most companies here use PHP, Java, JavaScript
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2023
Deicide:

If not for this, I'm really considering moving to Abuja undecided
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2023
Clefayomide:

Better than Lagos in terms of pay.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2023
Maj196:
You will still get if you search well. However your tech stack is also a determinant. Most companies here use PHP, Java, JavaScript

Chai!
And it's python and JS I'm learning oo.

Lagos is not habitable one bit.

But I hope I get lucky sha.

Thanks you
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

If not for this, I'm really considering moving to Abuja undecided

Honestly Lagos is not easy.
Just small rainfall, the entire city will shut down. I like Abuja because if its location.

I'm home sick already and I've only been here for 2 months.

The issue with Abuja is the limited opportunities. But Abuja is my dream place to settle.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by truthCoder: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2023
28plus:

Just small rainfall, the entire city will shut down. I like Abuja because if its location.

The issue with Abuja is the limited opportunities. But Abuja is my dream place to settle.

Expand your dream.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by airsaylongcome: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2023
truthCoder:

Expand your dream.

Like BIG TIME! Abuja someone's dream location?! Lagos is tough, I agree. But in the concrete jungle, the strong stand and rumble, the weak fold and crumble. Today it's "Lagos is too flooded, Lagos is too tough". When he gets good and has to go live in the Bay Area wetin he wan talk about rent and "oppression" there? Everywhere has its flaws, you either deal with it or it deals with you.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Maj196(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2023
28plus:

Chai!
And it's python and JS I'm learning oo.

Lagos is not habitable one bit.

But I hope I get lucky sha.

Thanks you
I no go lie few to zero companies use Python. However, you might get a frontend role with JS. Provided you are good with frameworks like React, Angular or vue
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2023
Relocate to Akwa ibom And have peace of mind.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:39am On Apr 24, 2023
28plus:

You can get a job over there with time, maybe you just have to be patient if you have time. Spend time and network at the hub else maybe get your first job in Lagos then move after a year
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2023
Failure2019:
Relocate to Akwa ibom And have peace of mind.

It's not just about peace what about networking and job availability?
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2023
truthCoder:

Expand your dream.

What's wrong with Abuja?
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 24, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

It's not just about peace what about networking and job availability?

If you're good at what you do , na recruiters go day rush you all way from MENA.

Be good at your tech stack and let it speak for you .

There are a lot of networking in uyo from tech conferences to tech hangouts
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by truthCoder: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

What's wrong with Abuja?

Nothing.
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2023
JoyousFurnitire:

You can get a job over there with time, maybe you just have to be patient if you have time. Spend time and network at the hub else maybe get your first job in Lagos then move after a year

I think that's what I will end up doing.
Thanks bro
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2023
No
Maj196:
I no go lie few to zero companies use Python. However, you might get a frontend role with JS. Provided you are good with frameworks like React, Angular or vue

Chai
Na wa ooo.
Make I see sha
Thank you
Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by 28plus: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Like BIG TIME! Abuja someone's dream location?! Lagos is tough, I agree. But in the concrete jungle, the stromg stand and rumble, the weak fold and crumble. Today it's "Lagos is too flooded, Lagos is too tough". When he gets good and has to go live in the Bay Area wetin he wan talk about rent and "oppression" there? Everywhere has its flaws, you either deal with it or it deals with you.

Abuja is my dream place for so many reasons, not just for hustle. For example, living in Abuja will afford me the chance to always check my aging parents.

Also, living in Abuja will allow me the chance to cultivate my large hectares of land for food production as a side hustle.

Abuja just fits into my future plans

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Tech Space Like In Abuja? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Failure2019:

If you're good at what you do , na recruiters go day rush you all way from MENA.

Be good at your tech stack and let it speak for you .

There are a lot of networking in uyo from tech conferences to tech hangouts

I get you, but note that the line is not always straight consider the fact that OP is a freshman.

Regardless there are people making in it UYO and they want more tech talents to come over.

(1) (Reply)

API For Name Of Places In Nigeria Organized Into States,lgas,locations & Streets / Hello! Welcome To Website; Www.shoes-trader.com / Error: No Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.