Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) (42916 Views)

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Edoziesmart(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
Stale

I followed exact procedure in 2018 but nothing come out.

Abeg mods should close this thread because this gibberish up there doesn't work. CBN won't attend to you even in the next 100 years if you follow this process 🤣

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by seunayantokun(m): 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2023
Na better post be this. You're blessed for this.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by xavuv: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
Apus:

They can.

Not true
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Blackjoebj: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
They can ,I change money in seme border, the guy transferred 400k to me instead of 40k...I wasn't with the phone to confirm it ..so he tried to reach me and didn't get my number...he called his bank and the freeze my account..I later went to bank with him to rectify the whole issues
Phamo0:
I heard the bank doesn't have the power to freeze their customer's money without court order.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by samuelson06(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:
BREAKING! BREAKING!! BREAKING!!!

HOW TO HANDLE MONEY TRANSFERRED INTO WRONG ACCOUNT CASE

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER[/i]

Please read careful and learn.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]

This sh!t doesn't work. Our banks encourage fraud.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by isabi2lof: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2023
Very good information.

In all of this , we should be extra careful when transferring money to another person's account.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by millhouse: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
Nice one
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by iamSirPhil(m): 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
They can buh usually its the exact amount involved that is frozen

Phamo0:
I heard the bank doesn't have the power to freeze their customer's money without court order.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by professore(m): 3:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
Ok
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Midehi3(f): 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2023
jrobbins:

The money is placed on lien in the recipients account. Maybe the sender after reporting hasn't provided a court order to force a reversal. The receiver can also ask from the bank and settle with the sender.
The sender was asked to unfreeze the money so it can be transferred back to him, but he refused till now (probably fear it might not be transferred back to him) almost 2yrs now, maybe the money is not important to him, and prefer he can't use it, the receiver can't use it either grin wahala
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Emperor3426: 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
Good information 👍.. we pray it's done easily as said.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Kasbite: 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
This shit won't work, it may only work if the scammer is unaware he scammed you, secondly it may take months bank and CBN to process it

I had an encounter, I run a pos shop and I received a fraudulent cash unknowingly let's say January my account was blocked 5 months after incident.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by newheart2(m): 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the owner blocked you? or you are duped thru your bank account? and then later realized that you have been scammed or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

*****Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help God bless you all.*****
[i]
What of if the money was scammed to palmpay account
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by jayworld15(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2023
Send the money first by practicalizing it before this gibberish. You'll know why they added "so help me God" to Nigerian anthem.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by labelle123(f): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
Information
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Inosky(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]

Last year, I did all that, I even got court injunction, contacted CBN, my bank and the other bank, and never got back my 75k.

Nothing works in Nigeria. Criminals go scot-free.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by RevivalNow: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]

You will need to get a court order. It is illegal for a bank to place funds on hold in a customer's account without getting a court order or at least hearing from the customer.

The two options are;
1. Get a court order so that the supposed scammer's bank can put the funds on hold. This can be expensive as the court fee is about 10 Percent of the amount involved.

2. Apply for an NIP Recall with your bank. (This is the least effective as it takes some weeks if not months to get your money back)

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by EddyRex: 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2023
Up
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by cellywit: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Holav(m): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
Yeah I can testify to dis UBA is most useless bank in nigeria there security system is poor mehn.

I can remember when I transfer money to someone
like more than 200k I enter limit cus haven't upgrade my account, then I can't able to transfer money again.

Then at night I just saw debit alert of 50k through transfer e shock me d details of d transaction is just name and there is no destination bank at d details,

I checked all my transactions history whether d account name is in my history d name no dey there, I just dey wonder sey hw can someone wire my money from my account through transfer and I dey limit and can't make any transfer again.

I went to bank to complain d werey bank told me dat someone has access to my account then I told d customer care dat OK as u say so, then I told her dat have enter limit in my account dat hw can someone wire money from my account through transfer then d useless customer care told me dat uba is using 2 mobile app dat if I enter limit in one dat d second I can still make a transfer I shock then I told her am not aware of d second app oooh that haven't even sign in on it,

Oya I tell d girl wey dey attend to me oya trace d money, d werey bank sey they can't trace d money dat they don't know d destination of d money I went to bank tire na so my 50k go b dat

If u mistakenly transfer money to wrong account if d person na confam G abeg forget nothing bank fit do dey 2 useless.
nurey:
Believe this at your own peril, CBN, EFCC, ICPC, CPC, NPF are all bunch of ineffective parastaltals.

I was hacked by a bank staff, my funds withdrawn, I contacted all of them via mail, twitter, facebook and none came to my rescue.

I even paid police to help fish out the scammer till today police dey tell me the bank (UBA) hasn't given them the guys details.

If not the fear of God, I want to trace the guy and ensure he doesn't scam another person again but alas dem go say I took laws into my own hands.

UBA is a fraudulent bank, trascact with them at your own detriment.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Dshocker(m): 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
redeff06:

[i]

In a situation where they pull your money through a POS Agent, what should you do then?
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Rayjnr: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
Joyceaile:
that’s the new method g boys are doing now ,they will go to a pos stand and do a legitimate transaction by transferring funds to their account and collect cash then they go to another state and report it as fraud,show them
Evidence,the bank wil then reversed their money by removing the money from the pos operators account,happened to
A friend

Exactly, banks should please take note of this ,
Someone did it to me recently.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Kakamorufu(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
Interesting
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Kakamorufu(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2023
My brother did all he could when he mistakenly transferred money to a wrong account years ago, nothing came out of it. The 40k went down the drain
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by yoged(m): 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2023
9182736455O1999:

What if after doing a successful legal transaction with someone i barely know and after that, i went to report it as fraud?
when I transfer a certain amount of money to a wrong number and I lodged a complain
Gtbank sent me a form to fill and submit which I did. The person was contacted , and she refund my money
The receiver will be contacted

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by jrobbins: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2023
Midehi3:

The sender was asked to unfreeze the money so it can be transferred back to him, but he refused till now (probably fear it might not be transferred back to him) almost 2yrs now, maybe the money is not important to him, and prefer he can't use it, the receiver can't use it either grin wahala

Sender na weyrey.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by SuperbCrown: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
Apus:

They can.

They cannot. Stop disturbing yourself.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by emeths: 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
Valid info..well done.
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Tekahashi: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2023
Phamo0:
something that they did to my account
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Midehi3(f): 7:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
jrobbins:

Sender na weyrey.
Aswear grin 500k plus oo cheesy
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by orikoku: 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Someone I know going through this shit
Re: How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) by Yusman316(m): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Something like this just happened to a friend this evening. He transferred money into a wrong account. And what makes the situation dire is that if the person refuses to transfer the money back within a certain period and his work management finds out, it could cost him his job and do other damages to his reputation, not withstanding that the transfer was made in error

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1978 Naira Exchange Rate With Dollar / This Is Why The Rich Don't Help The Poor In Nigeria / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.