Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya (5077 Views)

Tinubu Yet To Return, 6 Days After Forum In Saudi Arabia / Xenophobia: Nigerians Attack Oby For Attending World Economic Forum In S'Africa / Buhari To Participate In Peace Forum In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by peekspot(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2023

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, will on Friday depart Abuja for Nairobi, the Kenyan capital, to speak at the 2023 Mo Ibrahim Governance Weekend themed “Global Africa.”

Osinbajo’s visit to Nairobi is the second in seven months since he attended the inauguration of the Kenyan President, William Ruto, last September.

The Forum, tagged The Ibrahim Governance Weekend, will bring together leading voices from across Africa and beyond to discuss germane issues around the progress of the African Continent.

“Specifically, Prof. Osinbajo will attend the IGW Africa Leadership opening ceremony later today and speak at the first session tomorrow,” a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, read.

In the statement titled ‘Osinbajo to speak in Nairobi at 2023 Mo Ibrahim Governance Forum, themed Global Africa,’ Akande said the VP will join other leaders to discuss “Africa’s Weight in the World, Highlighting the Continent’s Assets and Potentials.”

Osinbajo presides over FEC meeting
The guest speakers include Kenyan President, William Ruto; former President of the African Development Bank, Donald Kaberuka; Director-General of the World Trade Organisation, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; among others.

At the IGW, Osinbajo is also expected to hold bilateral meetings with President Ruto and the British Minister of State for Development and Africa, Andrew Mitchell.

At the opening ceremony, the 2021 Ibrahim Laureate President, Mahamadou Issoufou would be celebrated in person at an event to be attended by leaders from Africa and across the world.

The organiser of the annual forum, The Mo Ibrahim Foundation, was established in 2006 with a critical focus on the importance of good governance and leadership for Africa.

“The Vice President is expected back in Abuja soon,” Akande noted.

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-to-speak-at-governance-forum-in-kenya/

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Cooldowntemper: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
Last dance of a failed government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Mitchy49(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2023
If only we had Peter Obi or Osinbajo as president, we would be fine. Tinubu is a misfit, a mismatch and a square peg in a round Hole.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Ihateheadslamer: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
Am Just wondering why this is worth anything to begin debate on
Cooldowntemper:
Last dance of a failed government
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
The only man I would have supported after Asiwaju

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by inoki247: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
This Govt no dey share Tradermoni again...

Abi all our Market Men and Women don turn billionaires ni...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Tntsi: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2023
I see him becoming an emergency president.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Zico5(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
Motivational speaker without any influence. In fact, this man really disappointed me. A professor and SAN that cannot influence anything. To be sincere, Atiku is the best vice president ever. He was not a rubber stamped one. He stood shoulder to shoulder with Obasanjo and made his mark in governance. I wonder the impact Osinbajo will point to after his tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Sirheny007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
Osinbajo is a zillion times more brilliant than Tinubu.
But you'd think that SW's would have rallied round him at the primaries.

Drug money does have its use I guess.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Manny21: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
Why did APC not give us Osinbajo and why did PDP not give us Peter Obi? Why Tinubu and Atiku? Let's wait and see what Tinubu will do differently.
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by ZenithDt22: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2023
Good
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by dododawa1: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
VP of speaking and speaking
No value to NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by DBossNG(m): 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
It is well
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Basic123: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
Mitchy49:
If only we had Peter Obi or Osinbajo as president, we would be fine. Tinubu is a misfit, a mismatch and a square peg in a round Hole
Because Tinubu is a Muslim

Deep inside you,you know that is the reason.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Basic123: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Sirheny007:

undecided
Southwest is not emotional
Southwest looks beyond ELOQUENCE .
You described buhari government whose PYO is part and parcel as failure and you still want southwest to go for him?,nothing in governance antecedent showed PYO is brilliant than TINUBU.
The only problem you have with TINUBU is because he is a Muslim unfortunately for you 70percent of yorubas dont have problem with that.BolA Ajibola who gave pastor osinbajo his first political appointment was a Muslim,like BAT who made him the president!.My greatest benefactors ever as a Muslim were 2 yoruba Christians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Mitchy49(m): 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
Basic123:

Because Tinubu is a Muslim

Deep inside you,you know that is the reason.
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Mitchy49(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
Loggofrep:

Will they ever agree. You've said it all bro

Thank u so much. If we had Peter OBI or Prof Yemi Osinbajo as president, life would have been better and we wouldn't be hungry. I've been begging for 5k to buy foodstuffs cos am starving and there's no helper anywhere
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by irunokoisawerey: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin Kenya want to learn from Nigeria now... bush people will hatefully hate this... they only know how to chant igbo amala and igbo to upper iweka and bush republic of biafra upandan... oya see Yorubas to the world now... e choke grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Xlogistics(m): 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2023
Starting line-up

1 Peter obi(c) GK
2 Baba dhatti Ahmed CB
3 Aisha yesufu RB
4 Pat utimi LB
5 Paul okoye LWB
6 Peter okoye RWB
7. Falz MF
8. OBJ MF
9. Tunde ednut LF
10. Me RF
11. Obedient CB

COACH: Mr. Development and Progress DAP.
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Basic123: 2:59pm On Apr 28, 2023
Mitchy49:

Send me 5k pls
Send your account details
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by simfrost90210: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
irunokoisawerey:
grin Kenya want to learn from Nigeria now... bush people will hatefully hate this... they only know how to chant igbo amala and igbo to upper iweka and bush republic of biafra upandan... oya see Yorubas to the world now... e choke grin

This platform is a collection of various ethnicity.. With respect to all ethnic groups here, Bro, please, stop making statements that incite violence.. Be neutral in your takes!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by Mitchy49(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Basic123:

Send your account details
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by LaSenior: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin
Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by JagabanBorgu: 3:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
Mitchy49:
If only we had Peter Obi or Osinbajo as president, we would be fine. Tinubu is a misfit, a mismatch and a square peg in a round Hole.
Obi is rectangular peg in a round hole.
Obi❌
Until he starts living with those he governed for 8 years.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by obembet(f): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
Manny21:
Why did APC not give us Osinbajo and why did PDP not give us Peter Obi? Why Tinubu and Atiku? Let's wait and see what Tinubu will do differently.

Osibanjo or peter obi can not win Atiku game, only people who understand politics can defeat Atiku.

If Tinubu no contest, obi+ osibanjo can not win Atiku

Note for those of you who will crying rigging

As long as foul, tackle penalty VAR and ref bias as part of football, then rigging wil be part of election.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by JagabanBorgu: 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2023
Sirheny007:

undecided
Leadership needs capacity, if Osibanjo is that briIIant, he wouldn't have relied on Tinubu the supposed Ièss briIIant one to be VP.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by JagabanBorgu: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2023
Zico5:
Motivational speaker without any influence. In fact, this man really disappointed me. A professor and SAN that cannot influence anything. To be sincere, Atiku is the best vice president ever. He was not a rubber stamped one. He stood shoulder to shoulder with Obasanjo and made his mark in governance. I wonder the impact Osinbajo will point to after his tenure.
What did Atiku point to after his tenure?
Selling off natióñal assets and grounding them right?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya by obembet(f): 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Leadership needs capacity, if Osibanjo is that briIIant, he wouldn't have relied on Tinubu the supposed Ièss briIIant one to be VP

Nobody get to the top without support of others, if you have seen one please tag me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebere In Igbo Means Mercy, Ebele In Ijaw Means Sweet / Breaking News: Securities and Exchange Commission Sacks Okereke, Dangote / Amnesty Accuses Nigerian Army Of Abuses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.