Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization (721 Views)

Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Femi Gbajabiamila For Sitting Before An Islamic Scholar / Premium Times Special Report On Road Projects Across Nigeria Under PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by kettykin: 6:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
I don't know if it's too early to ask this question
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by kettykin: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Or do we wait till the courts are done with their job
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by citizenY(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
kettykin:
Or do we wait till the courts are done with their job

Go to court and wait there. Give them another job. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by helinues: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
You people better channel your energy on better things. Don't waste another 4 years chasing Tinubu and his government shadow .

I really don't know why some of you guys like over doing everything

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Bobloco: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nigeria is an Islamic state

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by okeysoninv: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Sure, it's about to get worst even with Muslim- Muslim candidate
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by onumadu: 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
kettykin:

Probably too early to ask it.
But the more important point is what are you going to do about it if it turns out true.
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Blue3k(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
kettykin:

What does Islamic colonization entail? If you can define it we can answer it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Johans2023: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
It is already too late. When they brought Muslim Muslim ticket I told you people but some useless and foolish Christians said it doesn't matter, now they are crying.
The senate president is going to be a Muslim and gradually Tinubu will buy kettle for every Yoruba man and woman to wash their nyash and slam their head on the ground.
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by BloomingDale(f): 6:29pm On Apr 29, 2023
kettykin:

Are you under sharia law?
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by AnyanwuSilas: 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

Are you under sharia law?

If Nigerians are not under Sharia Law why are beer businesses belonging to Christians destroyed in Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
kettykin:
I don't know why you're asking but to be frank, religion is the least thing you should worry about.
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Blue3k(m): 12:33am On Apr 30, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

If Nigerians are not under Sharia Law why are beer businesses belonging to Christians destroyed in Northern Nigeria

It's destroyed because Nigeria is a federal state. How does this logic make sense to you if the majority of States don't ban the sale of alcohol? If you believe in federalism you should be fine with doing so. Since the sale of alcohol isn't in the exclusive list they can ban it. If your issue is about taxes being shared that derives from alcohol sales that another conversation.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Akungitit: 12:34am On Apr 30, 2023
GO TO COURT
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by AnyanwuSilas: 4:36am On Apr 30, 2023
Blue3k:

It's destroyed because Nigeria is a federal state. How does this logic make sense to you if the majority of States don't ban the sale of alcohol? If you believe in federalism you should be fine with doing so. Since the sale of alcohol isn't in the exclusive list they can ban it. If your issue is about taxes being shared that derives from alcohol sales that another conversation.

If Nigeria is a federal state then why did police fail to enforce anti grazing law made by Benue State government and others?

Nigeria is far from practicing true federalism.

Benue people are not allowed to sell beer in Kano and are not allowed to ban cattle grazing.
Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Blue3k(m): 4:54am On Apr 30, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

If Nigeria is a federal state then why did police fail to enforce anti grazing law made by Benue State government and others?

Nigeria is far from practicing true federalism.

Benue people are not allowed to sell beer in Kano and are not allowed to ban cattle grazing.

OK, you admit your first point was nonsense?

Who told you the police didn't enforce anti grazing laws. I'm going to cite newspapers as proof they do since that's how you like to prove your points. The problem with the anti grazing law is the punishment isn't much of a deterrent since you can just pay the fine instead of doing jail time. This means it's just an extra fee to do business.

The arrests were made in the last three years from November 1, 2017, the date of the commencement of enforcement of the law and October 31, 2020.

Represented by his Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Michael Gusa, the Governor explained that “of this number, 261 persons have been convicted, 21 persons have been discharged, 36 cases are still pending, while investigation is ongoing on other cases.

“The law has also witnessed the arrest, arraignment and conviction of five cattle rustlers. The convicted rustlers were of Fulani extraction, who confessed to the crime in open court. Besides, the law has ensured the arrest and arraignment of people irrespective of their ethnic groups or religion.

Most of the convicts were able to pay fines and were released while many who could not were sent to jail ranging from six months to two years.”

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by AnyanwuSilas: 5:16am On Apr 30, 2023
Blue3k:

OK, you admit your first point was nonsense?

Who told you the police didn't enforce anti grazing laws. I'm going to cite newspapers as proof they do since that's how you like to prove your points. The problem with the anti grazing law is the punishment isn't much of a deterrent since you can just pay the fine instead of doing jail time. This means it's just an extra fee to do business.

My point made sanse as we don't practice true federalism, that's a fact.

Re: Is Nigeria Under An Islamic Colonization by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

In a federation, each unit is entitled to laws according to it's peculiarities.

You can liken it to the various laws in the US where a certain act is allowed in a state and not allowed in another.

Northern Muslims choose to live under Islamic shari'a law in their lands, lands have been Islamic for several centuries before Nigeria came into being.

Other parts of Nigeria have some laws - customary, that deal with a few traditional values or ways of life.

It should be noted that shari'a is only enforced on 1. Muslims and 2. non Muslims in instances where they come into a clash with the traditions and laws of the local people.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men, How True Is This? / Veteran Broadcaster And Former Senator Is Dead. / Photos Of The Pdp Members That Was Injured By The APC Thugs In The Ogun Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.