Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,629 members, 7,854,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong (534 Views)

Adamawa REC Writes Police, SSS, NSA From Hideout; Explains How Aisha Binani Won / Court Bars IGP From Arresting Oba Elegushi / Olawale Bakare Mandate Speaks From Hiding (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by kiyosaki1(m): 4:13am On Apr 30, 2023
•Says he acted in accordance with his powers under the law
The suspended Resident Electoral Commissioner for Adamawa state, Hudu Yunusa-Ari, has risen in his own defence over his April 16 declaration of Aishatu Dahiru (Binani) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as the winner of the recent governorship election in the state.

Yunusa-Ari, who has since been in hiding, said in an open letter to the Inspector General of Police Baba Alkali that his action was motivated by the desire to save the democratic process, and was in accordance with the powers conferred on him by the Electoral Act as the Chief Collation Officer in the state.

The embattled REC accused the two National Commissioners deployed to the state to supervise the April 15 supplementary election of usurping his responsibility as Resident Electoral Commissioner and acting under the influence of Governor Ahmadu Fintiri who was seeking re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Fintiri was eventually declared winner of the election.

In the four-page letter dated April 20, Yunusa-Ari said that as the Chief Collation Officer in the state, he observed that results uploaded on the IREV portal were not signed by him and therefore were null and void.

He said the two INEC commissioners held a meeting with “my management staff in my absence and I did not know the outcome of the meeting, and there was a sudden move to tamper with the list of Collation Officers (COs) earlier released for the rerun election.”

Besides, he said the two commissioners were dishing out counter instructions to the ones he issued to staff on the collation of results following a security report “from the Commissioner of Police that Boko Haram insurgents from neighbouring states were recruited by some politicians to cart away sensitive materials and disrupt the elections.”

Continuing, he said: “In the evening, when I was preparing for state collation, all seats for ICCES (Interagency Consultative Committee on election Security) members were set, I got to the place and discovered that my name was replaced with that of the Administrative Secretary to take charge of collation.

“I then asked the National Commissioners to explain why they would exclude me from the process of collating results but there was no explanation. After some time, the National Commissioners declared that | was nowhere to be found.

“Immediately after the announcement, someone called me and informed me about the development. So around 1:00 am on Sunday 16th April, 2023, I came back to the collation centrer and saw some people sleeping, including the two National Commissioners.

“I addressed them that I was still the Resident Electoral Commissioner and that all stakeholders for the re-run election should return to the collation centre by 11:00 am on Sunday, 16th April, 2023.

“It is important to note that while the National Commissioners defiled the security concerns released by the Commissioner of Police, they purportedly did result collation at various locations by their self-appointed, unapproved and illegal collation officers.

“Meanwhile, I received reports that the collations at the various centres left much to be desired.

“So due to the pressure and the numerous calls I received from party agents and candidates of political parties threatening to cause mayhem for not having confidence in the collation of results at the various collation centres as directed by the National Commissioners, I looked inward and decided to call for all the results from the sixty-nine (69) polling units.

“To avert the impending danger of the delay in announcing the results of the supplementary elections, I received the authentic results submitted by the Presiding Officers (POs) from all the sixty-nine polling units and compared them with results that were uploaded on the IREV (INEC portal) and I realised that the results on the portal were different because the results on the INEC portal were not signed by me.”

Yunusa-Ari added that the action of the National Commissioners and threats by political parties over the process of collating results “created an atmosphere of violence that almost marred the election, most of the stakeholders were scared and refused to continue with the election process, including the Returning Officer (RO).”

He said he even organised a meeting with the chairman of Inter-Party Advisory Council, Mr. Bello Babajo, who assured him of reaching out to all the political parties to calm down the tension and to allow the process to be concluded swiftly.

“It was based on this, that I compiled all the polling unit results and declared the winner of the election based on the highest number of valid votes scored by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed Binani,” he said.

“The breakdown was the valid votes scored by the two leading candidates in the supplementary election using the results from the polling units as collated into all relevant Forms EC8B, C,D and E respectively by properly and legally appointed and recognised Collation Officers and my humble self as Adamawa State Chief Collation Officer and Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC).

“Prior to the declaration, there was an intelligence report made available to me that the two National Commissioners were at the Government House, Yola, at 8:31pm on 15/04/2023 and held a meeting with the State Governor, Mr. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri.”

Copies of the letter were sent to the INEC Chairman, Director General, DSS and the National Security Adviser, although the content suggests that it might have been meant for the Commission.

The letter is the first communication from the suspended REC since the April 16 incident.

https://thenationonlineng.net/suspended-adamawa-rec-writes-igp-from-hiding-insists-he-did-nothing-wrong/

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Tooreda: 5:57am On Apr 30, 2023
Two weeks before coming with this. APC destroyed this nation beyond repair. E o ni ku re.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by yerokunphilips: 5:58am On Apr 30, 2023
Your ability to say no to evil assignments may not only safe your life and reputation but that of your children and grandchildren , simply because some people have done such in the past and go free doesn't mean you too will go free .
It's madness for a man that is given the opportunity to serve his people turn around and want to turn his people to his slave , because he believes that some powerful people will defend him .
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by alanto: 6:03am On Apr 30, 2023
grin why then are you hiding? Go to the police clear yourself... You declared a winner in an election that's yet to be concluded... It's the highest form of "compromising" (at least that I know of)

1 Like

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by alanto: 6:05am On Apr 30, 2023
Tooreda:
Two weeks before coming with this. APC destroyed this nation beyond repair. E o ni ku re.

I don't understand why you guys do this. I am not holding any brief for no one and I don't believe in party politics but then APC has done a lot better than the 16 years of PDP.

You've got to give it to Buhari tho I do not agree he's a good president but he's not all that bad. Buhari is just like OBJ and Jonathan, they are average Nigerians exalted to the leadership of the country... In the real sense no sane human being will employ OBJ, Peter Obi, Buhari or Jonathan as MD of their company. No company in the world would do that. These guys don't have any administration skill but you put them or intend to put (like in the case of Obi) them in charge of a country that's supposed to be the biggest economy in Africa then you don't deserve to have anything better than what you have right now but guess what? Buhari built roads, he built railways, signed bills that benefits Nigerians like the (is it) SIP, the electoral bill, like the new one that enables states and individuals to generate electricity and so on. Buhari even paid for the repair of our refinery you must give it to him...

Sha. Everyday I thank God that for once Nigerians elected an administrator that has worked in big companies and rose to positions, that has shown administration skill both in physical projects and human development.. This is someone that has touched the life of people that have met him and people that have not. None of Nigerians past leaders have all of these qualities. Let's enjoy the new country that we are ushering into and thank our stars that some Almajiri in the North, some ogogoro drinkers in the SW and some Ewedu guzzling afonjas decided to do the right thing by giving us a messiah at the time we need one.

PS: Asiwaju is not a God, nor a miracle worker but every good country today including US, China and India to name a few have been like Nigeria in the past, God didn't turn these countries around they elected a good president and Tinubu fits one of such presidents. Let's just embrace him and stay positive. Painting Nigeria bad and saying bad things about the country all the time does us no good. If the international country doesn't respect me for being a Nigerian they definitely won't have any respect for you too for being a Nigerian so let's begin to have sense as Nigerians.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Mystic216: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2023
Why is it taking Nigeria police forever to catch this man, but if it’s a bread thief, it won’t take them 24hrs to burst him
Nigeria don tire me. Swears
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Sltp: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2023
alanto:

I don't understand why you guys do this. I am not holding any brief for anyone because I don't believe in party politics but then APC has done a lot better than the 16 years of PDP.
If you're not an APC agent, then you should go get your head checked

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by alanto: 6:31am On Apr 30, 2023
Sltp:
If you're not an APC agent, then you should go get your head checked
Why should I get my head checked?

Do you think begin for loan to be cancelled or allowing for internet during a democracy government is how to run a country? Apart of loan pardon and gsm revolution which was due for us. What are OBJ or Jonathan's legacies? When Buhari pride of second Niger Bridge, Railways, Siemens deal, electoral law, what will OBJ and Jonathan brag about?

Europe is engulfed in inflation but you lots will ignore them... Someone recently posted a #380 tomatoes he bought in Ghana and we saw tweets where Ghanians themselves were telling the person that the tomatoes was even cheap that she was supposed to have just 3 tomatoes for #380 and yet y'all praise the Ghana to bring Nigeria down. Buhari policies are bad no doubt, and he can't generate money but that's because he's not an administrator he can't do more than what he's doing. The man is only fit for a village head and same goes for OBJ and Jonathan.
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Sltp: 6:54am On Apr 30, 2023
alanto:

Do you think begin for loan to be cancelled or allowing for internet during a democracy government is how to run a country? Apart of loan pardon and gsm revolution which was due for us. What are OBJ or Jonathan's legacies? When Buhari pride of second Niger Bridge, Railways, Siemens deal, electoral law, what will OBJ and Jonathan brag about?

Europe is engulfed in inflation but you lots will ignore them... Someone recently posted a #380 tomatoes he bought in Ghana and we saw tweets where Ghanians themselves were telling the person that the tomatoes was even cheap that she was supposed to have just 3 tomatoes for #380 and yet y'all praise the Ghana to bring Nigeria down. Buhari policies are bad no doubt, and he can't generate money but that's because he's not an administrator he can't do more than what he's doing. The man is only fit for a village head and same goes for OBJ and Jonathan.
It's obvious you're a paid APC agent. Buhari doesn't have the legacy of second Niger bridge. Neither did he have any railway legacy. Jonathan awarded the contract and paid the FG portion of the contract fee in full. Delta and Anambra will also pay some portions and the bulk will be paid by the private company. Most of the Railways were awarded and paid by Jonathan as well. Did you mention electoral reform? You're stupid and mad at the same time
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by alanto: 7:03am On Apr 30, 2023
Sltp:
It's obvious you're a paid APC agent. Buhari doesn't have the legacy of second Niger bridge. Neither did he have any railway legacy. Jonathan awarded the contract and paid the FG portion of the contract fee in full. Delta and Anambra will also pay some portions and the bulk will be paid by the private company. Most of the Railways were awarded and paid by Jonathan as well. Did you mention electoral reform? You're stupid and mad at the same time
How can you deliberately bend the truth? You are not a honest person, ending your comment with insult gave you out big time... You are one of those hating people that are irredeemable
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by tballeyy(m): 7:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Everything goes in Nigeria
Omo ole
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Eboski(m): 7:27am On Apr 30, 2023
alanto:

Please which and which region of the country Buhari built roads? Like you said

Is it south south or south east? Please list the roads in south south and south East your Buhari built, the states in south south and south East Buhari touch with infrastructure
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Kukutenla: 7:39am On Apr 30, 2023
alanto:

I don't understand why you guys do this. I am not holding any brief for no one and I don't believe in party politics but then APC has done a lot better than the 16 years of PDP.

You've got to give it to Buhari tho I do not agree he's a good president but he's not all that bad. Buhari is just like OBJ and Jonathan, they are average Nigerians exalted to the leadership of the country... In the real sense no sane human being will employ OBJ, Peter Obi, Buhari or Jonathan as MD of their company. No company in the world would do that. These guys don't have any administration skill but you put them or intend to put (like in the case of Obi) them in charge of a country that's supposed to be the biggest economy in Africa then you don't deserve to have anything better than what you have right now but guess what? Buhari built roads, he built railways, signed bills that benefits Nigerians like the (is it) SIP, the electoral bill, like the new one that enables states and individuals to generate electricity and so on. Buhari even paid for the repair of our refinery you must give it to him...

Sha. Everyday I thank God that for once Nigerians elected an administrator that has worked in big companies and rose to positions, that has shown administration skill both in physical projects and human development.. This is someone that has touched the life of people that have met him and people that have not. None of Nigerians past leaders have all of these qualities. Let's enjoy the new country that we are ushering into and thank our stars that some Almajiri in the North, some ogogoro drinkers in the SW and some Ewedu guzzling afonjas decided to do the right thing by giving us a messiah at the time we need one.

PS: Asiwaju is not a God, nor a miracle worker but every good country today including US, China and India to name a few have been like Nigeria in the past, God didn't turn these countries around they elected a good president and Tinubu fits one of such presidents. Let's just embrace him and stay positive. Painting Nigeria bad and saying bad things about the country all the time does us no good. If the international country doesn't respect me for being a Nigerian they definitely won't have any respect for you too for being a Nigerian so let's begin to have sense as Nigerians.

Happy Sunday.
You guys just revel in writing a lot of bulshit using your tribal and religion lens.
Which administrative prowess does Tinubu have that OBJ or even Jonathan lacked?
Go and read OBJ's books especially those written in the 80s before you start passing judgments about him based on your prejudice.
As for Jonathan, it's same Jonathan that under his watch, Nigeria became largest economy.
Those who truncated subisy removal are now singing it like Bob Marley.
If Tinubu had such administrative prowess, why was he so blind to see that subsidy removal was needful in 2012 that he's now seeing it in 2023?
I don't even know what the Tinubu gave you his supporters that you just become so narrow in sight and mind

1 Like

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Tooreda: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2023
Mystic216:
Why is it taking Nigeria police forever to catch this man, but if it’s a bread thief, it won’t take them 24hrs to burst him
Nigeria don tire me. Swears

Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Tooreda: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2023
alanto:

Happy Sunday.

I knew you were up for something gibberish when you said "You've got to give it to Buhari." Normally,I shouldn't type this but your sanity needs to be scrutinised. Buhari destroyed this country and I need not refer you to how he did that. The evidence is glaring.

One more thing, I hope I'm not replying an overfed toddler.
Re: Suspended Adamawa REC Writes IGP From Hiding, Insists He Did Nothing Wrong by Mitchy49(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
You will go to jail soon. U still have mouth to talk abi? Dey play

(1) (Reply)

Binani’s Victory Assured With REC Ari’s Submission, Election Petition Tribunal / Fresh Suit Seeks To Stop Tinubu’s Swearing-in On May 29 / Fela Kuti Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.