Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned (27466 Views)

NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned / NAFDAC Nabs Businessman, Obinna Igbo, Over Importation Of Fake Anti-Malaria Drug / NAFDAC To Give Emergency Approval For N400bn COVID-19 Vaccines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by kosi2018(f): 10:17pm On May 01, 2023
Pls try to reduce the way they consume it.
I ate indomie and I observed my legs became swollen, at first I thought it was normal because I am pregnant. I later observed the swollen legs went down after some time, I ate indomie again same thing happened for the second time. The third time I told my husband let's watch, I purposely ate the indomie and same thing repeated it self. I don't eat indomie more than once in a week that was why i was able to observe it. Since I stopped indomie I have not had swollen legs.
MrAmbrose:
How will my kids cope? They love indomie so much.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:34pm On May 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

The issue with the taiwanese and malaysian noodles is that a cancer causing contaminant got into the noodles.

As far as we know, nothing of the sort has happened here
okay. Let's watch and see as it unfolds
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:36pm On May 01, 2023
kosi2018:
Pls try to reduce the way they consume it.
I ate indomie and I observed my legs became swollen, at first I thought it was normal because I am pregnant. I later observed the swollen legs went down after some time, I ate indomie again same thing happened for the second time. The third time I told my husband let's watch, I purposely ate the indomie and same thing repeated it self. I don't eat indomie more than once in a week that was why i was able to observe it. Since I stopped indomie I have not had swollen legs.
Really? Mine is each time I eat indomie, my urine colouration becomes totally yellow

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by kosi2018(f): 10:41pm On May 01, 2023
Yes oo, my carton of indomie is still sitting in my kitchen, I nor eat again oo.
Jahwinaboy:
Really? Mine is each time I eat indomie, my urine colouration becomes totally yellow
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by bigiyaro(m): 11:16pm On May 01, 2023
My cousin selling indomie for years just died of cancer, she was just 30, indomie causes or contribute to accelerating the growth of cancer cells. Na now una won investigate, rubbish people.
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:55am On May 02, 2023
kosi2018:
Yes oo, my carton of indomie is still sitting in my kitchen, I nor eat again oo.
Me I go finish my remaining half carton lol. God save us.
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:58am On May 02, 2023
Powersurge:

Proactive?
Reactive I guess he meant
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Harrynight(m): 1:52am On May 02, 2023
Importation of indomie Noodles

I thought indomie Noodles is nigeria made commodity
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by jimcaddy(m): 3:35am On May 02, 2023
But they make it I'm Nigeria now. Abeg indomie remains the saving grace for many Nigerians oh because it is cheap, easy to prepare and it can help you save money. And the spice for that regular chicken flavour and even Onion chicken flavour is just so distinct. I wonder where those spices are made from tho.
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by ojtech8291: 7:53am On May 02, 2023
AmGreat1234:
Abeg, you people should conduct the test fast because noodles and garri still remain our saving grace in this country.
Lolzzzz😂😂 I was the champion then but now I hardly take it.
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by enmich(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2023
Wahala for girls way no Sabi cook no more chap chap cooking lol
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by SeunNotOwner: 12:11pm On May 02, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
They said it had been banned from importation many years ago, the authorities ought to monitor it's production in Nigeria given the reasons they have for it's prohibition. It's careless of them that they are doing it now that its sold every where.

To be honest, most of the noodles have tendency of giving one diabetes. The seasoning is very terrible
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by SeunNotOwner: 12:13pm On May 02, 2023
Jahwinaboy:

Run away from diabetes brother. Drinking garrick is better o

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2023
SeunNotOwner:

Run away from diabetes brother. Drinking garrick is better o
OK. Thanks bro
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Generalwoodz(m): 12:44am On May 04, 2023
Annahh:
grincheesygrin

Hi Ana😊, I wanna ask if the customer service job is still available? I would love if you could Link me up. And in a case where it ain't available I'd like to know the name of the foreign recruiting website...

I love ya diary

Xoxo
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Annahh(f): 3:18am On May 04, 2023
Generalwoodz:

Hi Ana😊, I wanna ask if the customer service job is still available? I would love if you could Link me up. And in a case where it ain't available I'd like to know the name of the foreign recruiting website...

I love ya diary

Xoxo
The offer is gone. The website is Ziprecruiter. com.
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Jamisilatest: 5:33pm On May 05, 2023
Nigerians Are Safe to Consume Locally Produced Indomie Instant Noodles

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has refuted reports making the rounds online that it has banned Indomie Instant Noodles assuring Nigerians of their safety while consuming the locally produced Indomie Instant Noodles. The regulatory body said on Monday through its Director-General, Prof Mrs Mojisola Adeyeye.
https://proshare.co/articles/nigerians-are-safe-to-consume-locally-produced-indomie-instant-noodles?menu=Business&classification=Read&category=Products%20%26%20Services

KonTagiousBull:

Idiots...

Na Dangote initiate am...trade tactics..
Just like they are planning to stop subsidy because of him too...
Re: NAFDAC To Test Indomie Noodles, Says Importation Already Banned by Ilekokonit: 10:56pm On May 06, 2023
Taiwan and Malaysian has already recalled indomie noodles from its shelves following the discovery of ethylene oxide, a cancer-causing agent.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/03/africa/nigeria-indomie-noodles-probe-intl/index.html

At room temperature ethylene oxide is carcinogenic (causes cancer) and is also mutagenic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_oxide

In genetics, a mutagen is a physical or chemical agent that permanently changes genetic material , usually DNA, in an organism and thus increases the frequency of mutations above the natural background level. As many mutations can cause cancer in animals, such mutagens can therefore be carcinogens.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutagen

That's it. I am going to throw the almost full box of Indomie I still have at home in the bin right now and hopefully I will never buy it again.

Better to be safe than sorry.

In fact I am going to start being suspicious of any food you can cook easily in the microwave in minutes.

I think its time for me to even shun any form of fast food or take away and start cooking my own food from fresh produce because who knows what kind of seasoning goes into fast food and takeaways and I've read that this same cancer causing, DNA mutation causing ethylene oxide found in Indomie is used to process some of these so called seasonings and spices thus making me to now start looking at takeaways and fast food as suspects in this cancer causing saga.

As long as you did not cook that food, that food is not safe for your health as you can't vouch for every thing plus spices / seasonings that went into that food.

Apart from the naturally given salt, onions, garlic, ginger, pepper, tomatoes etc, any other form of artificial seasoning / spices is dangerous to health.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Doctors Remove Coin Stuck In Boy's Throat For 2 Weeks (photos) / Nigeria Donate $3.5m 2 Liberia,other / Two Male Staff Of Home Best Hotel Die In Their Sleep In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.