Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap (19515 Views)

‘kidnap Kingpin’ Wadume regains freedom, gets heroic Welcome In Taraba / Okey Wali Kidnapped. NBA Appeals For His Release / Ogun Police Arrest Herdsman With AK-47 Rifle After Kidnap Operations (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by fergie001: 8:24pm On May 01, 2023
A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Okey Wali has been freed by kidnappers who abducted him two weeks ago.

Wali, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), was kidnapped on April 17 at Obiri-Kwere junction of the East-West Road, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Chairman of the Port Harcourt branch of the NBA Viktor Benibo said Wali was released by his abductors in the early hours of Monday, May 1.

“He is in his house. He was released in the early hours of today (Monday),” Benibo told Punch Newspaper.

The Police spokesperson in the State, Grace Iringe-Koko, in a chat with The ICIR, said she cannot confirm the release yet but promised to issue statement on the matter later.

The ICIR reported that Wali was abducted by armed men on Monday, April 17, in Rivers State.

Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Rivers Command Iringe-Koko, confirmed the incident to The ICIR, saying the Police is working towards Wali’s release.

“We are aware of it. It happened along the Obiri Ikwerre area. We are investigating to actualise his freedom,” she said.

In a statement on Tuesday, April 18, President of the NBA Yakubu Maikyau clarified the abduction as a sign of the country’s weak security system and pleaded with the abductors to release Wali to his family, untouched.

He called on the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, and the River State Police Command to make every effort to secure Wali’s release.

This is the second time unknown gunmen would abduct Wali.

In October 2014, he was kidnapped by unknown persons in the Port Harcourt area of Rivers State.

The NBA, at the time, also pleaded for his immediate release to his family.

Wali was released after 13 days in captivity, although it remains unclear if a ransom was paid to secure his freedom.

Wali served as the NBA’s 26th President between 2012 and 2014.

SOURCE

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7657409/okey-wali-kidnapped-nba-appeals#122591368

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Saao(m): 8:28pm On May 01, 2023
Thank God for his life. Enough cash out by kidnappers under Buhari, let's see what Tinubu will do differently or continue in the same way. God help Nigeria

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by God1000(m): 8:30pm On May 01, 2023
I'm happy he's out of the woods

Nigeria under Buhari is in topsy turvy

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2023
God1000:

I hope he didn't support BAT when he said where are the cows.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Generalwoodz(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by money121(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2023
Aliamudulilahi
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Afonjanistan: 8:32pm On May 01, 2023
How come? shocked I didn't receive any alert. angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 01, 2023
People have really suffered under APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by PlayerMeji: 8:33pm On May 01, 2023
To let you know no one is above the law
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Houseofglam7(f): 8:33pm On May 01, 2023
💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by AImiron: 8:33pm On May 01, 2023
Lawyer sef dey chop kirikiri beans... Who am I? Make I keep my head low.

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by SultanOfAbia: 8:33pm On May 01, 2023
The day i saw kidnapping live and direct was in porthacourt, nta junction

Around 7 for night where i go buy suya .
I see one guy with fine car stop for pharmarcy to buy something. Him guy dey front seat
As the guy comot from pharmacy
One car just drive come block them
Guys with heavy Ak 47 pull out point them gun open door of the cars drag the guy to back seat then entered his car and drove off. This all happened in minutes
The worst part is nobody moved, everybody on the street was watching like its nollywood movie.
Naso dem kidnap them drive off with speed
That river state na crazy place

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by BRIMBRAM: 8:34pm On May 01, 2023
God1000:

Buhari's government produced a lot of bush babies who can't help but always cry. grin

1 Like

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Okiton: 8:34pm On May 01, 2023
angry

One of the victims of one Nigeria
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by illicit(m): 8:34pm On May 01, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Aolfooties(m): 8:34pm On May 01, 2023
Thank God for his life.

Check my signature for quality made in Nigeria footwears.
Buy 2 shoes, get 1 free slide. Offer ends in 6 weeks. What's app 08111 thirty fifty 81
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Primusinterpares(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2023
This thing is getting worst o
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Megabig: 8:39pm On May 01, 2023
He was part of those that destroyed our rule of law, he was lucky to be out, most innocent Nigerians didn’t get that opportunity. I hope others learn that it can be anyone…

Supporting impunity because it is delivered in your tribal spoon will backfire someday, if you not you but to the people you love it at all you’ve got a soul

2 Likes

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by ChuckKingston(m): 8:39pm On May 01, 2023
He should be grateful for life

Check out this insane offers on Xiaomi flagship
Click this link: https://www.nairaland.com/7661598/distress-sales-xiaomi-mi-11t#122661196
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by AFRICANJAMAICA: 8:40pm On May 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Teenaira: 8:40pm On May 01, 2023
Saao:
Thank God for his life. Enough cash out by kidnappers under Buhari, let's see what Tinubu will do differently or continue in the same way. God help Nigeria

Thank God for his life. He is fortunate, they still go ahead to kill some people even after the cash-out. We are indeed in a big mess. It is going to be tough to stop kidnappings in view of the cash-out.

2 Likes

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by clockwisereport: 8:40pm On May 01, 2023
They should ensure that the perpetrators are brought to book
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by vedathinternetw: 8:41pm On May 01, 2023
Download SkeenyBoy's new single MONEY

https://www.goldenhitsmedia.com.ng/2023/04/music-skeeny-boy-money.html?m=1

Visuals out on YouTube

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Megabig: 8:44pm On May 01, 2023
clockwisereport:
They should ensure that the perpetrators are brought to book

That probably may not happen if the perpetrators have some cash at hand
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Megabig: 8:45pm On May 01, 2023
Afonjanistan:
How come? shocked I didn't receive any alert. angry
U no well grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Dohoji: 8:48pm On May 01, 2023
Naso dem kidnap them drive off with speed
I just carry my suya dey fo house sharp sharp. I no wan hear story . That river state na crazy place

1 Like

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by ignis: 8:54pm On May 01, 2023
APC and Buhari is working.
Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by dollarsplenty(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2023
Mr. Wali is a customer dada having being kidnapped for the 2nd time. Kidnappers no get joy, they no respect justice of Supreme Court needless to say of NBA ex president.

Well, thank God for Wali's Life

1 Like

Re: Okey Wali Regains Freedom 2 Weeks After Kidnap by Ogiame: 8:57pm On May 01, 2023
AImiron:
Lawyer sef dey chop kirikiri beans... Who am I? Make I keep my head low.
Read

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 imports in Nigeria in Q1 2021- Nairametrics / Labour Party Suspends Abayomi Arabambi, Others, For Anti-Party Activities / Wale Edun: FG To Curb Rising Inflation With ‘Cut In Money Supply’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.