Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,079 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot (13569 Views)

You Are Despicable Tribal Bigot - Deji Adeyanju To Peter Obi / What I Will Do To El-rufai For Calling Me ‘tribal Bigot’- Peter Obi / Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by nlfpmod: 8:00am On May 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxp1Ln8639w
Audio Scandal: I'm Not a Religious or Tribal Bigot - Peter Obi

‘Yes Daddy’: Peter Obi admits phoning Bishop Oyedepo, says ‘I’m not a religious bigot’

Peter Obi, presidential candidate for Labour Party (LP) in the last general election has admitted having a private telephone conversation with founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, David Oyedepo.

Obi, who disclosed this while speaking on Arise Television as a featured guest on Monday night, however, debunked describing the presidential poll as a ‘religious war’.

Recall that Tribune Online reported a leaked conversation allegedly between Peter Obi and Bishop Oyedepo, where the former was heard pleading with the cleric to help sway support and votes of Christians in southwestern states and Kogi.

In the leaked audio conversation which was said to have taken place before February 25 presidential election, Peter Obi was heard describing the poll as a ‘religious war that must be won’, and why the release of the audio gathered a series of backlashes and criticisms for the former Anambra state governor.

But speaking with Arise TV on Monday night, Obi, responding to a question on whether the phone call christened ‘Yes Daddy’ actually took place, admitted having a private conversation with the Bishop to beg him for support, stating however, that he never described the poll as ‘religious war’.

He said, “Call it whatever you want to call it. Whatever anyone wants to make of it. I am not a religious bigot. Do you think I can just pick a phone and say ‘religious war’? No, I was even begging the bishop to help me ask his people to vote, which was what I was doing for six months – begging. I wasn’t saying ‘catch him’, ‘kill him’, ‘force it’. I was even begging. That shows that I continued to look for votes by begging. There were so many things we tried to do but they were not okay.”

Speaking further, the LP standard-bearer stressed that he was never a religious bigot, adding that no non-muslim governor has ever sent more people to Mecca than he did as a governor.

“Let me tell you. Those who have been trying to manipulate Nigerians have been doing it. But it is coming to an end. The people they have been manipulating are dying of hunger. They will soon know who is the religious or tribal bigot. I am not one. I have just given you an example of how I built mosques. Till today, no non-Muslim governor has sent more people to Mecca than me.

“I can never say it (poll) is a religious war. Because it is not. There was a conversation. But I never said it was a religious war. What for? I am surrounded by people. If there was ever an instance where the presidential candidate and his deputy work as brothers, it is me and Datti. And I know and we never stop talking about it.

“For the first time in the history of Nigeria, we have a presidential candidate, running mate and party chairman who were born after Nigeria’s Independence. We must save this country and he (Datti) knows my commitment to it. I can’t do all these with the background of religious war,”
he added.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/yes-daddy-peter-obi-admits-phoning-bishop-oyedepo-says-im-not-a-religious-bigot/

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Ihateheadslamer: 8:01am On May 02, 2023
tongue

Sane Nigerians are all aware that 'Yes Daddy’ is not a 'religious bigots' tongue

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by boxypane(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2023
Please gather, Daddy don throw ANOTHER BANGER!!!

Speaking further, the LP standard-bearer stressed that he was never a religious bigot, adding that no non-muslim governor has ever sent more people to Mecca than he did as a governor.

Why partisan Arise TV no play the call record give am again?
What he explained is contrary to what he said on phone.

Obi can lie grin grin grin grin

142 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by FactBoyz: 8:03am On May 02, 2023
Peter Obi makes me so proud of voting for him. Man told Lai Mohammed yesterday that the money he spent going to the US saying nonsense about him should have built or equipped some schools in his village.

Peter Obi is pure presidential material. We hope the judges do the right thing as it's been proven he won

Benue
Rivers
Taraba
Akwa Ibom

And got more votes than reported in Plateau, Kano and Borno.

We will secure our mandate.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg this morning......

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Yankiss(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2023
Peter Gregory Obi, your detractors will know no peace. Even Jesus was mocked and vilified. The forces of evil in this country that want to keep it down are behind the campaign of calumny against u. We all know. You are innocent.

50 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Lovenorth: 8:03am On May 02, 2023
The election has been concluded, please allow us to have a free air. We need a developmental news

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by achymmania: 8:03am On May 02, 2023
F
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by taylor88(m): 8:03am On May 02, 2023
If not for tribalism

Which sane person would choose Tinubu over Obi

A dead body that inhales cocaine and exhales heroin

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by NuraSambo: 8:03am On May 02, 2023
Can someone help me tell this sore loser that campaign has ended, and the president elect who credibly won the election, will be sworn in on the 29th of May, barely three weeks from now.

This bigot can continue to feed his sheeples with lies. Sane Nigerians know him for who he is; an ethno religious bigot. This prince of lies promised to sue Peoples Gazette Newspapers for leaking his 'YES DADDY' audio call, till today he hasn't done that, why? Because the audio leak is original

We remeber how he turned the 2014 Gubernatorial election in Anambra State into a Catholic Church versus Anglican Church contest. We remeber how he demolished ten mosque in Onitsha when he was till the Governor of the State

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Mopolchi: 8:04am On May 02, 2023
He is not a bigot; this I know.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by ochrato: 8:04am On May 02, 2023
We all know it was APC propaganda.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by jeff1993: 8:04am On May 02, 2023
We know u are not my presidooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by naturalwaves: 8:04am On May 02, 2023
What a weak defence.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by skallion7(m): 8:04am On May 02, 2023
Barefaced Bigot☹️☹️

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by othermen: 8:05am On May 02, 2023
But Peter Obi told Bishop Oyedepo in the call, that the election was a “religious war”. This unnecessary and dishonest evasiveness diminishes him.

One could reasonably justify why the election would be characterized as a religious war.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Emir01: 8:05am On May 02, 2023
Obi is a bigot and cunning person, believe Obi at your own peril.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Decent09(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxp1Ln8639w
Audio Scandal: I'm Not a Religious or Tribal Bigot - Peter Obi

Thank God You Have Lost it, it could have been a different story now

https://tribuneonlineng.com/yes-daddy-peter-obi-admits-phoning-bishop-oyedepo-says-im-not-a-religious-bigot/

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Obidense: 8:05am On May 02, 2023
Oga rest, election don finish

24 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by adioolayi(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2023
“I can never say it (poll) is a religious war. Because it is not. There was a conversation. But I never said it was a religious war. "

That leaked voice conversation was real and legit...no wonder he failed to sue People's gazette.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Oblongata: 8:06am On May 02, 2023
PO has less than a month fame. He better enjoy it while it last!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:06am On May 02, 2023
The religious bigot is someone who hired fake bishops to mock another religion.

The religious bigot is someone who insulted the body and blood of Christ in holy communion.

The religious bigot is someone who had Muslim Muslim ticket

The religious bigot is someone who have insulted other religion with no regards to their feelings.

We are not averse to their gimmicks sir. We know the truth. The very truths that puts light in our path.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:06am On May 02, 2023
NEVER USE NAIRALAND COMMENT TO JUDGE OBI POPULARITY. MOST COMMENTATORS ARE PAID AND MOST LIKES ARE BOTS. WE ARE FEW WHO ARE ACTIVE ON NAIRALAND DAILY BECAUSE WE ARE WELL MEANING NIGERIANS WHO PREFER TO HUSTLE THAN WAIT FOR FREE 30K MONEY.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by arsenal33: 8:06am On May 02, 2023
So the tape is not fake. And Peter Obi is not suing. People's Gazette should sue him for defamation of character.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by LordKushmann(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2023
Okwute Ndi Igbo.. Okenwa R'Haaba Agulu!! Oké Arụsị Enyiogugu sị na i ga na-eje na-abata, anyị ga-ejedu ije a ga-aduọ n'isi mmiri.. Na o nweghị ihe ndị iro ga-emenwu.
Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Lionstep: 8:07am On May 02, 2023
Ok... when will tunubu come and tell us more about his forfeited $460k to the US huh? You all should get ready to enjoy drug baron just like sai baba 4+4

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Saga16: 8:08am On May 02, 2023
grin
Ekute.
Just that you wanted to start a religious war..
Anyway, your conversation has gone viral up north.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by sleek214(m): 8:08am On May 02, 2023
You are

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by Ayodeoba: 8:08am On May 02, 2023
This same man deny the conversation initially, he even threatened to sue the person that leaked the audio, now he is saying this again. Obi is a 419

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot by JagabanBorgu: 8:08am On May 02, 2023
LOl.
His followers said it was a fàké audio.
LOL.
Why should u be bèggîng for votes if u are ñot dèspérate?
Why should u be bèggîng if u stand out from the other càñdidates Iike u cIaim?

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port Harcourt, Warri Refineries Producing 7m Litres/per Day Of PMS – Kachikwu / Jailing Of Looters: Start With APC Members" - PDP, Obasanjo's Group Tell Buhari / Wike Swears In 28 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Warns Against 2023 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.