Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran (18059 Views)

Youths Threaten To Kill ‘prophet’ For Failing To ‘resurrect’ Audu / Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Igbo Traders, Cemetery Workers Clash At Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by nwabobo: 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2011
5 killed for failing to recite Quran

The five people believed to be Igbo traders were said to have been shot dead at Madala Market on Thursday Night between 7 – 8pm.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that the yet to be identified gunmen were said to have stormed the Madala market and made straight to a shop believed to be that of some Igbo traders and ordered them to recite the Holy Quran of which they could not.

The gunmen who were not satisfied with the development opened fire on the five people at close range leaving them dead immediately.
An alarm which was raised by other traders close to the shop where the five people were killed attracted passers by who sent a distress call to the Divisional Police Officer Suleja where a detachment of armed police were drafted to the scene.

However, before the police men could arrive the spot, the gunmen had already fled, leaving their casualties in their own blood.

The five casualties were later identified as John Kalu, Oliver Ezemah, Uche Nguweze, Sunday Emmanuel while fifth casualty was yet to be identified as at the time of going to press.

The identity of the gunmen are yet to be ascertained by people of the town and even the police who have swung into investigation.

An eye witness account told our correspondent no valuables were removed from the shop of the victims after they might have been gun down which invariably confirms that the gunmen were not armed robbers but suspected to be Boko Haram sect members.

Niger State police Command spokesman ASP Richard Adamu Oguche confirmed the story but could not also ascertain the originality of the gunmen.

He assured that police in the state are on top of the issue and called on the people in the state especi

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/5-killed-for-failing-to-recite-quaran/
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ak47mann(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
what are they doing in that place call north!! i have warned people to relocate to their state of origin but they will not hear from the wise man,
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
My igbo brothers are very stupi.d. They would rather die than to leave the north
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by nduchucks: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2011
Lets not jump to foolish conclusions because this incident may very well be an act to settle scores between feuding parties. Why was that particular shop targeted when there are countless other shops operated by Igbos in the market? Unfortunately, we may never know the truth because of our incompetent criminal investigators.

My response to those calling for Igbos to return to the East is that, there are not enough resources in the area to sustain all returnees.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Johndoe100(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
Very sad, RIP. Maybe Ibo traders in the north should learn to recite the Quran and speak hausa, it is good camoflage.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ak47mann(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Lets not jump to foolish conclusions because this incident may very well be an act to settle scores between feuding parties. Why was that particular shop targeted when there are countless other shops operated by Igbos in the market? Unfortunately, we may never know the truth because of our incompetent criminal investigators.

My response to those calling for Igbos to return to the East is that, there are not enough resources in the area to sustain all returnees.
how! explain pls is it by land or human /natural resources undecided undecided
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ChinenyeN(m): 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2011
They basically asked for it by deciding to plant their nyash up there in the north. Plain and simple.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by gokuu(m): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
I wonder what any sensible human being is still doing in that desert.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Rgp92: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2011
wow, kinda brutal
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2011
whose fault, the traders?
i think there's more to this than meets the eye
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by aljharem3: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2011
lets not jump to conclusion here
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by keeptalkin(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
Lawless country
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2011
What are Igbos going to do about our brothers being killed in the North? We let these Hausa bastarrds to live unharmed in Igboland while they kill our brothers in their region.

Instead of you Igbo Nairalanders blaming uneducated Igbos for living in the North, you should be saying what are their brothers in the South going to do about this.

AN EYE FOR AN EYE.  angry
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2011
This was religiously motivated. There is no need for an explanation.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
alj_harem:

lets not jump to conclusion here

Wat kind of talk is this?? I fear for Nigeria, becos clearly the country is morally bankrupt. Even Gambia dat is a muslim country is so tolerant and loving to the vast array of foreigners(Christains mainly) living and doing business in their country(Nigerians included), how much more the North of One Nigeria.

In December, u did think Gambians are Christians, with all the Christmas trees and light.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by nduchucks: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2011
The usual NL suspects are calling for revenge and other violent responses. Mind you they want other people to carry out those responses while they are neatly tucked in the comfort of a foreign land. I say they are cowards
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ak47mann(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Wat kind of talk is this?? I fear for Nigeria, becos clearly the country is morally bankrupt. Even Gambia dat is a muslim country is so tolerant and loving to the vast array of foreigners(Christains mainly) living and doing business in their country(Nigerians included), how much more the North of One Nigeria.

In December, u did think Gambians are Christians, with all the Christmas trees and light.
i wonder undecided are Gambians Muslims different from northern Nigerian Muslims cos the way these northern Muslims blood thirsty men are behaving it bring a bad name to good Muslims,
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Onlytruth(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2011
Just watch, the usual buzu that defends one Nigeria at the fee of Igbo blood[b] ndu_chucks[/b] will be talking trash all over here trying to blame secessionists.

Nigeria CANNOT WORK.
CAN NEVER WORK
WILL NEVER WORK.

That is clear enough for me.

I'm only interested in how to get out of it.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ak47mann(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Just watch, the usual buzu that defends one Nigeria at the fee of Igbo blood[b] ndu_chucks[/b] will be talking trash all over here trying to blame secessionists.

Nigeria CANNOT WORK.
CAN NEVER WORK
WILL NEVER WORK.

true talk cool
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Onlytruth(m): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2011
Revenge is even anachronistic.
To do that now makes everybody the same.
We should reserve our energy and resources for the real fight to disintegrate that evil construct.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by nduchucks: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nigeria CANNOT WORK.
CAN NEVER WORK
WILL NEVER WORK.

nwannem, I understand your frustration brought on by the fact that a majority of your own people resident in Nigeria do not share your view. Your impotence in changing the minds of your people and converting them into modern day suicidal secessionists must be quite painful for you. Try to channel your energy into development projects in your hometown if you have the ability. You'll find that quite therapeutic.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Onlytruth(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2011
Posted by: ndu_chucks

nwannem, I understand your frustration brought on by the fact that a majority of your own people resident in Nigeria do not share your view. Your impotence in changing the minds of your people and converting them into modern day suicidal secessionists must be quite painful for you. Try to channel your energy into development projects in your hometown if you have the ability. You'll find that quite therapeutic.

I will soon toss you into the same group as Eko-Ile, Bluetooth and other goats I ignore on this forum. Your level of idiocy is getting worse by the day. And I once thought you could be reformed?!

You may be able to sleep at night when your government murders unarmed innocent people, and even drink Fula de nono mixed with Igbo blood. Keep doing that. Revenging against you and your brothers at this stage is anachronistic.
I don't think like you bro. You put the cart before the horse, while I do the direct opposite.
One day, it'll all come together before your eyes.  cool
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2011
The time for dialogue is over. And has been over for a while.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Chyz2: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2011
Can someone with an idea answer this question? It is relevant to this topic.(read in between the lines)

Are OPC members on a payroll(the ones who are "protecting" the streets)? If so, how is the money generated?
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by nduchucks: 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Onlytruth, your hatred for your motherland is eating you up and causing your loss of objectivity in any discussion. This thread is about a horrible crime committed against 5 Nigerian traders. No one knows why they were murdered in cold blood, no one is sure if this was due to conflict between gangs or murders orchestrated by people who want to forment trouble.

Your response was that Nigeria cannot work, Nigeria will not work etc etc.  Do you call that rant of yours objective?  Who is stopping you and your gang from returning to your hometowns and declaring the formation of your own country?

@EzeUche, return home and lead the fight, olodo
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@EzeUche, return home and lead the fight, olodo

I was home 3 weeks ago, and I shall be returning to PH very soon.

Nigeria's days are numbered.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Onlytruth(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
I think it is time to start ignoring ndu_chucks, he is a distraction.

@My Igbo brothers,

Doesn't this whole thing seem too familiar? smdh.  cry
Chyz, forget about OPC. I think we all should forget about anything that does not lead us out of that evil cesspit.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by EzeUche(m): 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2011
Just [b]ONE [/b]Igbo death pains my heart.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Onlytruth(m): 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Ezeuche,

Some of the deceived Igbos think it would ever stop. It will NEVER stop because we have never shown the world that we won't take it. It started as early as 1945, continued into 1953, and boomed into a huge murder spree in 1966/67.
It has continued ever since.
To kill Igbo is a favorite sport in Northern Nigeria. But I'm only focusing on how to put a FINAL stop to all that.
I don't want our kids to grow up and face the same problems our fathers dodged.
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by peckhamboi: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
Ibos are very weak and big cowards, they only make mouth and do chest beating without doing nothing.

Chyz*:

Can someone with an idea answer this question? It is relevant to this topic.(read in between the lines)

Are OPC members on a payroll(the ones who are "protecting" the streets)? If so, how is the money generated?

You are bothered about how Massob makes money, na OPC you want know. smh
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by ak47mann(m): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
Is it not high time some Moses had told Pharaoh "LET MY PEOPLE GO?"
Re: 5 Igbo traders Killed For Failing To Recite Qu'ran by Rgp92: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2011
ak47mann:

Is it not high time some Moses had told Pharaoh "LET MY PEOPLE GO?"

It is a propaganda spread by the jews. Ramses didnt let his people go, he went on and conque the middeleast. He lived for 90 year before he died. May his soul rest him peace, a true African.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sheriff Abdulrazak: This 10-Year-Old Boy Is Missing In Kano (Pictured) / Abia Protesters Demand End To Ebubeagu (pics/video) / Mind Blowing Weird And Funny Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.