Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution (18079 Views)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by idupaul: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2012
The death of the undergraduates students of the University of Porthacourt has led to the dismissal of a sergeant of the Nigerian police force who gave the order that the Mob kill the suspected students by members of the Aluu Community.

Mr. Frank Mba, the force Public Relations officer today, Wednesday the 17th of October 2012 in an interview monitored Channels TV Sunrise Daily said the Sergeant dismissed from the police known as Lucky Orji is among the 13 persons to be charged to court today ; the dismissed policeman alongside was said to have stumbled upon the angry mob beating the students, Mba said.
The officers were not even sent to the scene, he went on his own, outside the code of conduct and professional ethics of the job. One was professional to ask the mob to stop and the other asked them to continue, the police P.R.O noted as such as parts of its internal cleansing in which the police force engages the officer has been relieved of his duties and is to be prosecuted.

He said the fact that the police is prepared to prosecute the officer, is a measure of its resolve to put an end to all forms of impunity in the Nigerian Police

The PRO officer said mob attacks is not peculiar to Nigeria, “it’s something we must work together to review, Nigerians must not be quick to heap the blame on the police alone’’. He insisted that, like every other parastatal an agencies in the country, the police force is not exempted from persons with questionable characters

“If you recruit an officer, the person carries the family value around; we need reorientation from the families and to the various worship centres. “We must look at the content our mass media is dishing out, we have to review all this” Mba.

http://citizensplatform.net/2012/10/aluu-4-police-sergeant-dismissed-faces-prosecution/

7 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Callotti: 11:01am On Oct 17, 2012
No comment. kiss

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Gbawe: 11:07am On Oct 17, 2012
Callotti: No comment. kiss

can't blame you. It is one of those moments one is too mad at the aberration Nigeria has become to the extent of being lost for words !!!! Dismissal ? Is Nigeria for real?

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Biggyd2: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2012
Very good, they are charging him to court too. He as a policeman (as he then was wink) should have known better than the other suspects.

3 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Osiris211: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2012
Excellent decision.

2 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by kokoA(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
The DPO in charge of Aluu police station should also be dismissed for negligence. This devilish act was committed in his coverage area. These boys would no have been killed if only he had deployed enough men to rescue them from the mob.

3 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2012
Welcomed development. Now arrest him for murder.

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Callotti: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2012
Gbawe:

can't blame you. It is one of those moments one is too mad at the aberration Nigeria has become to the extent of being lost for words !!!! Dismissal ? Is Nigeria for real?

Like you were reading my mind. . . .
Anything ALUU4 can only mean. . .read and waka pass.
I watched that video 2ice. . . all I could think of:
WTF?

Now, one masquerade after another is dancing around. . . the cyber village square. . . .
THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN COMPENSATE FOR THE LIVES OF THOSE YOUNG BOYS. . . .NOTHING!!!!

Next ALUU thread please. . . THIS MATA IS A SIDDON LOOK MATA.

Finito!
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2012
No too much talking.nice one from the Nigeria Police. "Waiting for more updates"

3 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Horus(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
[size=17pt]Aluu 4: Police Sergeant dismissed faces prosecution[/size]

By Abang Mercy

Following the gruesome murder of four students, Tekena Elkanah (20), a Diploma Technical student; Chiadaka Odinga (20), 200 Level, Theatre Arts student; Ugunna Obuzor (18), 200 Level, Geology Student; and Lloyd Toku (19), 200 Level, Civil Engineering Student on October 5, 2012 by a mob in Aluu. Nigerians have continued to question the role of the security agencies, especially the Nigerian police force saddled with the responsibility of attending to civil crime as they occur. The death of the undergraduates students of the University of Porthacourt has led to the dismissal of a sergeant of the Nigerian police force who gave the order that the Mob kill the suspected students by members of the Aluu Community. Mr. Frank Mba, the force Public Relations officer today, Wednesday the 17th of October 2012 in an interview monitored Channels TV Sunrise Daily said the Sergeant dismissed from the police known as Lucky Orji is among the 13 persons to be charged to court today ; the dismissed policeman alongside was said to have stumbled upon the angry mob beating the students, Mba said. The officers were not even sent to the scene, he went on his own, outside the code of conduct and professional ethics of the job. One was professional to ask the mob to stop and the other asked them to continue, the police P.R.O noted as such as parts of its internal cleansing in which the police force engages the officer has been relieved of his duties and is to be prosecuted. He said the fact that the police is prepared to prosecute the officer, is a measure of its resolve to put an end to all forms of impunity in the Nigerian Police. The PRO officer said mob attacks is not peculiar to Nigeria, “it’s something we must work together to review, Nigerians must not be quick to heap the blame on the police alone’’.

He insisted that, like every other parastatal an agencies in the country, the police force is not exempted from persons with questionable characters “If you recruit an officer, the person carries the family value around; we need reorientation from the families and to the various worship centres. “We must look at the content our mass media is dishing out, we have to review all this”. Mr. Mba called on Nigerians to assist the police in crime prevention, he queried the entire number of people in the community for failing to alert the police and thier failure to intervene in the death of the students which he said was also part of their civic duties as Nigerian Citizens. “We must de-emphasise on issues that split us and emphasis on issues that unite us’’. On security in Nigerian Campuses and working with informants within the campuses, Mba said the police have an effective intelligent units consisting of undercover operative units to flash point areas. The Aluu case was instantaneous and was not pre-planned, so it was difficult for an intelligent unit of the force to have known that a mob action would have happened in the Community. He insisted that the Nigerian police needs to work with Nigerians to make their duties succeed. Mr. Mba blamed the absence of national emergency lines and the inability of the officers to arrive at the crime scene as one of the challenges faced by the force. “The absence of national emergency numbers, that is why you find out that the Inspector General never sleeps, the PRO never sleeps, we get this calls, each time you are sleeping, this calls get to you, you feel picking the call may have saved a life” “When there is an incidents and the police station is far, the patrol vehicle can be drafted to the area where the distress call emanated.” For some states, their land mass are larger” response time is determined at the time information gets to the police, Mba added. He said the DPO and all senior officials have had to give out their personal mobile lines to the public, thereby getting calls at unholy hours to attend to security matters. He said response time for the police differs from place to place. The four students were beaten and burnt to death in Aluu, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State where they had gone to pursue the payment of a debt from one Lucky who is now in police custody; Lucky had raised an alarm that they were armed robbers

Source: http://citizensplatform.net/2012/10/aluu-4-police-sergeant-dismissed-faces-prosecution/

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Afam4eva(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
This Frank Mba is really chopping life.

3 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by KINGwax(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
Gbawe:

wow! You've alwys been one of the few i've alwys bilivd to be quite intelligent here on nairaland but...em...i don't knw.
But i need to ask u, shldnt he be dismissed before being prosecuted?

2 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva: This Frank Mba is really chopping life.

give him 2 years and the govt will be prosecuting him for chopping police pension or something like that
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by packman: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
[size=40pt]KILL THEM ALL

BURN THEM ALL

FORGIVE THEM NOT

FORGIVE NONE angry angry angry angry angry

JUSTICE FOR ALUU4[/size]

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by KINGwax(m): 12:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
Callotti:

Like you were reading my mind. . . .
Anything ALUU4 can only mean. . .read and waka pass.
I watched that video 2ice. . . all I could think of:
WTF?

Now, one masquerade after another is dancing around. . . the cyber village square. . . .
THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN COMPENSATE FOR THE LIVES OF THOSE YOUNG BOYS. . . .NOTHING!!!!

Next ALUU thread please. . . THIS MATA IS A SIDDON LOOK MATA.

Finito!
what are they supposed to do? Shoot them down? For God's sake, wont they be charged?
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Detonatorrex(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
*the Nigerian police still remains your friend* cool
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by hollypagan: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
send them to burma prison for 60yrs each they will come out being blind
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
@HORUS! God will continue to bless you for your frequent updates on Nairaland. Nothing do you!

3 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by santuse: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2012
Pls i need the link to watch that Aluu video
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by JOHNBULL4040: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2012
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

MY NAME IS JOHNBULL. ONE OF MY COUSINS WAS AMONGST THE FOUR YOUNG MEN GRUESOMELY BURNT ALIVE IN ALUU.

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I INTEND TO AVENGE HIS/THEIR DEATHS!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE YOUNG MEN IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THEY COMMITTED A CRIME OR NOT, IS BY EVERY HUMANE STANDARD, VERY DISTURBING AND BEYOND BELIEF.

WHAT THESE ALUU PEOPLE DID TO THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS CLEARLY SUGGEST THAT THEY ARE A VERY SICK COMMUNITY.

FROM THE VIDEO WE ALL WATCHED, NOT EVEN ONE PERSON RAISED A FINGER TO HELP THESE POOR BOYS.

EVEN ANIMALS ARE NOT SLAUGHTERED THIS WAY.

I HAVE ASSEMBLED A 30-MAN SQUAD TO GO INTO THE ALUU COMMUNITY AND MASSACARE EVERYONE IN SIGHT.

I HAVE ALSO INSTRUCTED A SPECIAL TEAM TO FIND AND SHOOT THE VC OF UNIPORT FOR SUPPORTING THE BRUTAL KILLINGS OF THESE BOYS.

I AM ONLY GIVING THIS ADVANCED WARNING TO THE VC OF UNIPORT, AND THE ALUU COMMUNITY, JUST TO TORMENT THEM, THE WAY THEY TORMENTED THESE 4 YOUNG MEN.

I WILL ADVICE THE POLICE AND OTHER SECURITY OUTFITS TO PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE MATTER DURING THE OPERATIONS, THE WAY THEY MADE THEMSELVES UNAVALIABLE DURING THE MURDER.

ANYONE WHO DELIBRATELY INTERFERS, WILL BECOME A LEGITIMATE TARGET BOTH DURING AND AFTER THE OPERATIONS.

FOR THOSE WHO DOUBT THIS WARNING, PLEASE WAIT & SEE!!

PLEASE DIRECT COMMENTS TO : johnbull4040@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
I actually blame the system used for recruitng this numbskulls we call NPF...tell me how a well learned man that knows the ethics of the police force and the real value of human life will give a go ahead order for the lynching of his fellow human...*spits on the officer*...TWA!!

If only the govt will go through due process and employ humans not dumb aliens in human skin, i mean intelligent officers with proven knowledgeable characters, this inhuman act wouldn't have happen

4 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by stagger: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
JOHNBULL4040: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

MY NAME IS JOHNBULL. ONE OF MY COUSINS WAS AMONGST THE FOUR YOUNG MEN GRUESOMELY BURNT ALIVE IN ALUU.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE YOUNG MEN IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THEY COMMITTED A CRIME OR NOT, IS BY EVERY HUMANE STANDARD, VERY DISTURBING AND BEYOND BELIEF.

WHAT THESE ALUU PEOPLE DID TO THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS CLEARLY SUGGEST THAT THEY ARE A VERY SICK COMMUNITY.

FROM THE VIDEO WE ALL WATCHED, NOT EVEN ONE PERSON RAISED A FINGER TO HELP THESE POOR BOYS.

I HAVE ASSEMBLED A 30-MAN SQUAD TO GO INTO THE ALUU COMMUNITY AND MASSACARE EVERYONE IN SIGHT.

I HAVE ALSO INSTRUCTED A SPECIAL TEAM TO FIND AND SHOOT THE VC OF UNIPORT FOR SUPPORTING THE BRUTAL KILLINGS OF THESE BOYS.

I AM ONLY GIVING THIS ADVANCED WARNING TO THE VC OF UNIPORT, AND THE ALUU COMMUNITY, JUST TO TORMENT THEM, THE WAY THEY TORMENTED THESE 4 YOUNG MEN.

I WILL ADVICE THE POLICE AND OTHER SECURITY OUTFITS TO PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE MATTER DURING THE OPERATIONS, THE WAY THEY MADE THEMSELVES UNAVALIABLE DURING THE MURDER.

ANYONE WHO DELIBRATELY INTERFERS, WILL BECOME A LEGITIMATE TARGET BOTH DURING AND AFTER THE OPERATIONS.

Their fellowship members are starting to show themselves one by one.

2 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by megareal: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
Gbawe:

Bros, I tire o. How can you dismiss someone without a trial? Thought he is supposed to be first found guilty before a competent judge before being dismissed? Abi na me dey wrong? Putting the cart before the horse is what it is! Suspension till investigations are over, the dismissal if found guilty abi? Goes to show how inept the police force is and how much they want to cover their arses over the murder of those innocent souls. I blame them all, they all should be prosecuted! Only good thing is, with all these snippet of information, the picture of what really transpired on that cursed day is beginning to emerge. Justice will prevail this time....
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by packman: 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2012

[size=30pt]KILL THEM ALL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

BURN THEM ALL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

FORGIVE THEM NOT angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

FORGIVE NONE cry cry cry cry cry cry

JUSTICE FOR ALUU4 angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
Nice development.
na wa oo this ALUU4 case no be small thing oo.
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Burger01(m): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Good move. Justice is prevailing at last. A bit of hope in Justice.
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by megareal: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
santuse: Pls i need the link to watch that Aluu video

http://adelajaadeoye..com/2012/10/uniport-students-burn-to-death-video.html
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2012

dude, i aint directing nada to you...go ahead with your stupid move and get caught by the law...justice is being served and you want to go ahead act like you are clark kent...this aint an advice but a corrective measure to you before you end up like the victims...i cant wait to pour my anger on you when your face litters NL and other media outlet!!

Anybody directing his/her comment to your mail is a certified DUNCE...a foooooooollll....aint nobody begging you...go ahead and loose the unappreciated gifts that being a free citizen brings

direct your comments ko, navigate your comment ni!...MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW!!

4 Likes

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by AkinDavid2: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2012

Mr Johnbull i pray the almighty will give you the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss, need you know that Nigeria is a country were the guilty go scot free and the innocent publicly punished. Don't take laws into your hand but commit everything into the hand of the almighty..The whole nation actually condemned the killing and trust God they will not go unpunished. As to the dismissal of the sergeant hmnnn no comment lipsrsealed
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Super1759: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2012
police is forming "our friend" cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by Rogerss(m): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2012

What they did is Unforgiveable, So is going to kill Innocent people who didnot partake in the KILLINGS. If you attack go attacking these INNOCENT ONES' as you Promised, ARE YOU BETTER THAN THE ALUU COMMUNITY?
Re: ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution by freecocoa(f): 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2012
The blood of those boys are indeed avenging their death. Good one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Men Paraded Unclad In Agbor, Delta For Stealing Motorcycle (Photos) / Illegal Chinese Miners Arrested In Plateau, Fayemi Fumes At Security Operatives / Woman Presses Hot Iron On Her Nephew's Chest In Kano State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.