Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? (17305 Views)

7 Up Nigeria Company Recruitment/submit Application / Ongoing Recruitment At Paxson Nigeria Company Limited, January 2018 / Paxson Nigeria Company Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) ending today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by wunmi590(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2023
Good evening nairaland,

I was just reminiscing about my job and the went through the thread that hit front page on May 1st, if people love their job....

So I've been on my job for 2years now, and my salary haven't entered into the new month before, even if pay day is on Sunday, I will get alert, the first place I enjoyed this constant salary, is when I was in FCMB, their pay day is 22nd of every month, once the 22nd enter weekend, it would be paid on Friday...

I need to know why employer delay staff salary, after so much of their time, they have invested on the job?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by wunmi590(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2023

I need more views and contributions

Nlfpmod

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Ibaaboy(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2023
Go ask the company

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2023
Cus of fuel subsidy. Once subsidy is removed, they will start paying faster angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by pocohantas(f): 4:45pm On May 02, 2023
Quack company. No reasonable or reputable company delays salaries.

The ones that do so, it is like an employment bond to them. That way their staff can't resign unofficially at the end of the month. You have to wait until 8th or maybe 14th to get paid.

Government agencies use the money to do business. Years back they used to put it in fixed deposit and share the interest after three months. Put another three months again, rinse and repeat.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2023
Government way dey owe 5 months salary nko??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by JobNGcomng: 4:45pm On May 02, 2023
shocked
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Soccrates: 4:46pm On May 02, 2023
They delay salary because everywhere is not easy.

High taxes choking businesses.
High cost of fuel or diesel running businesses.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Hades2016(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2023
It’s just wickedness, that’s all

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by ebenhazard(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2023
wink No
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by StormpyBee: 4:46pm On May 02, 2023
Lol!

Hold your accountant/ Treasurer responsible!

Him dey earn one or two days interest on the money.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by timibare(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2023
What the faith of those who don't receive any salary , at least u go surely get.....brother give thanks and love up jare

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Godswillu(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
If you have a small business of your own you will understand.
The cost of doing business is on the high side and at the end of the month it will look as if the workers have not work to end the pay.
But at the end of the month, salary will need to be paid.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Godswillu(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Government way dey owe 5 months salary nko??

And they will be going to work for those period

I still need government staff to come and explain this.

Because we working in private company. Just owe us for two months and that is the end of the work

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by mariahAngel(f): 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
grin
They could be using people's salaries to trade in shares.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by 8by6incherr: 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
1. Arrogance

Some Nigerian bosses like the feeling of demi gods, so, they delay your salary at will so you can feel the heat and respect them More, remember, lot of people are jobless

2. Poor staffing

Some companies use the delay salary tactics to teach their staffs lessons

3..Low Roi or income

4.. Bad economy

5. They used your salary to Carry 2 odds or olosho and the ticket cut

6. Wickedness

Trust me on this, an average Nigerian in any position of authority is wicked

7. Village people

They see say your face don show, so they don't want your shoe to shine

36 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Administration1: 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
Fed Govt paid last week so even got before that salah holiday

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Vinnie2000(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
Because They believe some Staff will Collect Salary and Immediately Resign! sad

So They Delay Payment.😒

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by whippersnapper(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
this one too na question
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by yetmao: 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
It's fear of loosing the job that make employees to accept delayed salary.

The company might be in distress, so it can affect staff.

Some bosses are naturally wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by cassidy1996(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
The default settings of a Nigerian is greed, jealousy and wickedness

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Primusinterpares(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
This person never collect salary that's why he created this thread... My brother we are in this together

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by ScaffoldCON: 4:49pm On May 02, 2023
Don't stress it too much. It's wickedness, first on human nature. Then there's the part where there isn't enough labour support to hold people accountable.

Big or small, individuals moved the rotten attitude of not paying when they buy things to not paying or even owing salaries overdue.

That you're conscientious enough today, keep at it. Because you'll own a business tomorrow, perhaps. And it'll be nice that you pay your staff on time.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Zionmdde: 4:49pm On May 02, 2023
It's only people that are from a particular political and ethnic extraction that suffer delayed salaries because of unfavorable business climate in Nigeria. The rest of us are paid duly because our politicians and political party sees to that
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Administration1: 4:49pm On May 02, 2023
Soccrates:
They delay salary because everywhere is not easy.

High taxes choking businesses.
High cost of fuel or diesel running businesses.
Then close the business.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Eniolohunda: 4:49pm On May 02, 2023
Nigeria thing be dey get as he be ni. Many other countries are on wages not foolish monthly salary. I remember working with fed government hospital then in Nigeria. Despite the fact that the salary is little, most of the time they don't pay on time. In fact we got used to it. Over here, Pay is weekly, though some other organizations are bi weekly. So I can budget, promise people and co because it must sure come.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by XtraFortunes: 4:50pm On May 02, 2023
Some Nigerians/employers are very wicked. My friend told me his boss delays salary and pays middle of the next month to punish any staff who intends to leave his company. So if you want to leave and work till middle of the month before you leave, you have worked free for 2weeks before leaving cry

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Tonytonex(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2023
wunmi590:
Good evening nairaland,

I was just reminiscing about my job and the went through the thread that hit front page on May 1st, if people love their job....

So I've been on my job for 2years now, and my salary haven't entered into the new month before, even if pay day is on Sunday, I will get alert, the first place I enjoyed this constant salary, is when I was in FCMB, their pay day is 22nd of every month, once the 22nd enter weekend, it would be paid on Friday...

I need to know why employer delay staff salary, after so much of their time, they have invested on the job?
some are just pure wickedness and heartlessness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by brain54(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2023
Usually the “one man” businesses…

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by EriMma1: 4:51pm On May 02, 2023
It's just wickedness. Though for some, it may be due to lack of sufficient funds at that time but majority of them is out of wickedness.

Some use it to prevent staff from leaving the job without notice. So they delay it in case you have plans to resume in another company. If you go and resume elsewhere without proper resignation or notice, they'll seize the salary.

So annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Juniorangel(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2023
Not only companies my Boss delays payment of salary till the middle of next month... Why he does that I don't know cos as for me anytime am ready to quit I will still quit and he must pay me all my money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2023
What I’m willing to know is why does government delay pensions of retired civil servants?

I went for a job today at a pension office, the first person I saw was my chemistry teacher in secondary, the woman could not recognize me but her instinct was just right that I was one her student, why does she need to go through that much stress just to get her entitlement after more that 20years in service?

I grew up seeing my dads payslips , pension fee was always removed automatically before his salary even came in, why can’t the same money be returned/payed back automatically instead of going for capture and all sort of rubbish capturing?

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does P&G Pay OND Interns? / Oyo State Board Of Internal Revenue Massive Job Recruitment 2017 / NNPC Recruitment 2012 Recruitment.nnpcgroup.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.