Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? (17262 Views)

7 Up Nigeria Company Recruitment/submit Application / Ongoing Recruitment At Paxson Nigeria Company Limited, January 2018 / Paxson Nigeria Company Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) ending today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by baslone: 8:02pm On May 02, 2023
wunmi590:

Bros, I understand, but owing salary shouldn't be a thing of pride, some company enjoy doing this alot...

I work as a facility manager, diesel, tax and alot of things are killing business, but my madam has never for once owe salary...

She believe the happiness of her staff is the growth of her business...

She simply ain’t there yet.

She obviously still has something she is falling back on.

When the business overheads continuously starts to triple the company’s generated income and she starts to pay staffs through bank loans rather than laying them off out of sentiments, then you will know survival of her business is more important that the happiness of her staff.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Brownshoe: 8:07pm On May 02, 2023
Most Nigeria companies usually use it to carry 2 sure odd, so as to multiple the budget salary.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Timtim007(f): 8:15pm On May 02, 2023
Wickedness kowai angry grin angry....orrrrrrrr
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by vickyfrancis1(m): 8:29pm On May 02, 2023
It's sheer wickedness... I think my place of work is the worst... I've never seen. Since this year till now, not even a single month has been paid to any worker here...not to talk of backlogs of last year... I made a resolution last year to get into Tech but it's as if the devil is trying to hinder that ambition. Money ritual is not only when someone kills u for money, this modern day slavery we are passing through in the hands of this company owner is ritual... I've become a shadow of my self, low self-esteem... sometimes I'll even scroll through my throwback pics and compare it to my present self and I'll just SMH...I dn turn introvert by force. Everyday na so I dy sleep for LinkedIn applying for jobs...my brother fear any company that is owned or ran by a politician.

And I learned alot from here... e.g not quitting your job until there's an alternative.
Shame just hold me.
Abeg my wonderful people, I need a job in any location as long as there will be accomodation with moderate salary... I'm an Engineer with ample years of experience in diverse engineering fields. I can fit in different roles and also a fast learner. I have always been big on creating jobs for the betterment of many but I still need salary to kick start the journey since I can't borrow. Biko nu.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:57pm On May 02, 2023
Because your country refuses to adopt wage, pay, and standards laws.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by wunmi590(m): 9:17pm On May 02, 2023
baslone:

When the business overheads continuously starts to triple the company’s generated income and she starts to pay staffs through bank loans rather than laying them off out of sentiments, then you will know survival of her business is more important that the happiness of her staff.

Lol, speak for yourself, not all employers are wicked and hearless...

She doesn't have anything apart from the 6 malls I help her to manage and she's doing fine, she's just not like your average wicked employer...
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Prettychild(f): 9:31pm On May 02, 2023
Godswillu:
If you have a small business of your own you will understand.
The cost of doing business is on the high side and at the end of the month it will look as if the workers have not work to end the pay.
But at the end of the month, salary will need to be paid.
Not a reason. Employ the number of people you can pay to avoid all these flimsy excuses
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by bigiyaro(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2023
Pure human wickedness is the root cause of salary delay, I have worked where the entire staff salary is made in 3 days, but still, the wicked agbero of an MD will not pay until 2 weeks into the following month, and still use all manner of excuses to make sure nobody collects full salary, not greeting her in morning sef, she go debit you. A bakery in mpape abuja

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Rubyjade: 9:50pm On May 02, 2023
Flier:
Majority of them are not paying taxes.
The taxes na die, Nigeria is messed up
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Rubyjade: 9:53pm On May 02, 2023
ismaog4u:
TGI GROUP IS THE BEST
Tell us more.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Rubyjade: 9:58pm On May 02, 2023
8by6incherr:
1. Arrogance

Some Nigerian bosses like the feeling of demi gods, so, they delay your salary at will so you can feel the heat and respect them More, remember, lot of people are jobless

2. Poor staffing

Some companies use the delay salary tactics to teach their staffs lessons

3..Low Roi or income

4.. Bad economy

5. They used your salary to Carry 2 odds or olosho and the ticket cut

6. Wickedness

Trust me on this, an average Nigerian in any position of authority is wicked

7. Village people

They see say your face don show, so they don't want your shoe to shine
Once you notice this, please 🙏 resign ASAP. Research has shown it's an addiction and I have worked in such company, it's didn't last beyond 5yrs. I left after 1yrs learning what I wanted.

Every morning, different girls are coming out of his room, meeting he would never attend, things that are important he doesn't address it, his not organized, employ at will and paying salary to someone that's doing the same exact job you doing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by dannykares: 10:42pm On May 02, 2023
wunmi590:
Good evening nairaland,

I was just reminiscing about my job and the went through the thread that hit front page on May 1st, if people love their job....

So I've been on my job for 2years now, and my salary haven't entered into the new month before, even if pay day is on Sunday, I will get alert, the first place I enjoyed this constant salary, is when I was in FCMB, their pay day is 22nd of every month, once the 22nd enter weekend, it would be paid on Friday...

I need to know why employer delay staff salary, after so much of their time, they have invested on the job?

Mine doesn't delay unless de payment day fall btw Saturday n Sunday the company will shift it to Monday cuz btw those two days re not bank working days since ours salary re pay directly from the bank.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Lanre1st(m): 10:56pm On May 02, 2023
wunmi590:

I need more views and contributions

Nlfpmod

The idea is to tie their staffs down, so he/she will not go unannounce. If an employee collect January salary on 10th of February he will think like its just 18 days to go to due for another salary. Let me endure

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by jimcaddy(m): 12:21am On May 03, 2023
It's because we don't have strong labour laws, that's why. They dare not try this in saner climes. Nigeria is not a sane clime, so anything goes and there is nothing anyone can do about that. I've realised that Nigerians love the "business as usual" situation. They don't want rubbish to stop. We are so used to rubbish that anyone who isn't used to rubbish is seen as being an enemy. Honestly Nigeria has a lot to do to even get us back to being a stable nation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by baslone: 12:35am On May 03, 2023
wunmi590:

Lol, speak for yourself, not all employers are wicked and hearless...

She doesn't have anything apart from the 6 malls I help her to manage and she's doing fine, she's just not like your average wicked employer...

Lol
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by wunmi590(m): 2:38am On May 03, 2023
Lanre1st:

The idea is to tie their staffs down, so he/she will not go unannounce. If an employee collect January salary on 10th of February he will think like its just 18 days to go to due for another salary. Let me endure

Hmmm
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by wunmi590(m): 2:42am On May 03, 2023
dannykares:

Mine doesn't delay unless de payment day fall btw Saturday n Sunday the company will shift it to Monday cuz btw those two days re not bank working days since ours salary re pay directly from the bank.

That's nice...

My predent company, any day the end of the month end, we all get paid....
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Haynnie: 4:38am On May 03, 2023
I'm still wondering why too.

That was how I was owed for two months only to pay for the 4th month and skip the 3rd month with the claim of paying me in cash when I know fully well during that certain month there was no cash flow.

Some employers sometimes find the slightest opportunity to cheat their workers and the delay for salary payment is either they are calculating their loss or just wickedness. Some even forget to pay when is due time. Imagine!

Working as a salary earner should be added as slavery.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by cowboyT: 4:46am On May 03, 2023
Once worked for a God forsaken supermart /Phamacy laidat, this pple didn't informed me of late payment during the interview at all, and me sef no asked. Until like two weeks after taken the job that one talk leads to another and I asked a colleague about the payday.
I was shocked.
He was like, don't worry, senior staffs collect salary before junior staffs, so I asked like which date?
he said on the 8th! but junior staffs collect on the 10th!
I shock! so I will work for 38or39 days and be paid for 30 or 31 days!
I no con consider my sef again o, but those guys that their salary no reach 25k, dem go wait till the 10th of the following month and if dem lucky say no be wknd the day b sef.
I manage 3mnths before I japa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by cowboyT: 4:58am On May 03, 2023
baslone:

so they should be owing workers instead of doing the needful! because you dey run at loss as a company, me sef suppose join you run my salary at loss?
na you born me?
na you dey pay my rent, feeding, carry family responsibilities etc.
why don't dey free some staff and ädd the responsibilities to remaining once and also add something to their salary, you will see how much they would have saved..
STOP THE WICKEDNESS!
slave master no do pass this one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by cowboyT: 5:06am On May 03, 2023
Godswillu:
If you have a small business of your own you will understand.
The cost of doing business is on the high side and at the end of the month it will look as if the workers have not work to end the pay.
But at the end of the month, salary will need to be paid.

Why will they employed more than what they can comfortably cater for? Staffs welfare(salary) is never a thing of importance in business plan here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Moshood30: 6:48am On May 03, 2023
My na 3 months no intention 2 pay am
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by baslone: 8:47am On May 03, 2023
cowboyT:

so they should be owing workers instead of doing the needful! because you dey run at loss as a company, me sef suppose join you run my salary at loss?
na you born me?
na you dey pay my rent, feeding, carry family responsibilities etc.
why don't dey free some staff and ädd the responsibilities to remaining once and also add something to their salary, you will see how much they would have saved..
STOP THE WICKEDNESS!
slave master no do pass this one.

Read what I wrote again.

No business owner or company is responsible for anyone's feeding, rent unless otherwise
stated in their contract and other family problems.

As long as they can not afford to meet up salary obligations over a run- you lay off staffs
or shut the business down.

No sentiments!!
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by Melanyn(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2023
Mine must always crossover to the next month sometimes 10th or farther sef...
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2023
Interesting.

I'll like to know more about the fixed deposit stuff.

How can one partake in it as an individual

pocohantas:
Quack company. No reasonable or reputable company delays salaries.

The ones that do so, it is like an employment bond to them. That way their staff can't resign unofficially at the end of the month. You have to wait until 8th or maybe 14th to get paid.

Government agencies use the money to do business. Years back they used to put it in fixed deposit and share the interest after three months. Put another three months again, rinse and repeat.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2023
How can one earn this interest with personal money laying in the bank?

StormpyBee:
Lol!

Hold your accountant/ Treasurer responsible!

Him dey earn one or two days interest on the money.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:59am On May 03, 2023
Can you throw more lights on this?

If I want to use my money laying In the bank, how do I go about it

mariahAngel:
grin
They could be using people's salaries to trade in shares.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by deloon(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2023
One of the reasons could be the ineptitude of the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
The Ministry is meant to enforce the labour laws and ensure that employees get their salaries and other benefits as at when due amongst other things. But unfortunately the Ministry is sleeping.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by mariahAngel(f): 11:31am On May 03, 2023
lovediehatelive:
Can you throw more lights on this?

If I want to use my money laying In the bank, how do I go about it

Start by reaching out to a stockbroking house to open a trading account.
I recommend Cardinalstone securities.
Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by REALretep(m): 11:34am On May 03, 2023
Until delayed payment of wages/salaries is criminalized in this country, this story will always remain the same

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2023
mariahAngel:

Start by reaching out to a stockbroking house to open a trading account.
I recommend Cardinalstone securities.

Thanks.

Will work on this.

My main worry is detecting which one is scam.

Because such things sounds like MMM to me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigeria Company Delay Salaries? by mariahAngel(f): 8:36pm On May 03, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Thanks.

Will work on this.

My main worry is detecting which one is scam.

Because such things sounds like MMM to me

Stock trading isn't new.
The work is knowing what good stocks to buy, having done your fundamental or technical analysis.
Although, there are generally sound companies that you can easily buy their stocks without fear. UBA, Zenith, WAPCO etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Towards a Virgin Nigeria Career (Jobs Available) / With N-power There Is No Discrimination. / 7up Bottling Company Plc Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.