Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

What Value Do You Bring To The Table? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Value Do You Bring To The Table? (9320 Views)

How To Answer The Interview Question: What Can You Bring To This Company? / What Value Does This Certificate Have? / Urgent Tips On How To Answer The Interview "What Are You Bringing To The Table (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Rubyjade: 10:39pm On May 02, 2023
Dear Candidates,

Every organization wants to know that you will bring value to their organization when you get in, Hence they ask "What value do you bring to the table".

This interview question is actually very similar to ‘Why do you think you will be successful in this job?’. Both require you to sell yourself and to research the employer before the interview. But the company question requires you to look beyond your first job and think about how you can benefit the organization as a whole and in the longer term.

When asked during interviews what you bring to the table, the guidelines below will give you an edge.

What is the recruiter also asking is...
👉Are you a good match for the business?
👉Would you be a good long-term hire for the business?
👉How much do you know about our company? Are you sufficiently interested in us to have researched us?
👉What do you think are your best skills and attributes?
👉What are your values?
👉How good are your communication skills?

Show why you would be a good match.

👉Your enthusiasm for the profession and the employer and your desire to make your mark.
👉Your personal qualities, such as your drive and willingness to learn.
👉Connect your answers to the employer's goal.
👉Emphasize what you've accomplished in the past, and connect it to the future.
👉The skills the employer seeks and how you have demonstrated them in the past – your answer should show why you would be competent in the job.

Sample Answers using the steps:

👉I will contribute my ability to streamline office processes, reporting, & Documentation. For example, I developed a new method for scheduling client appointments which led to a 45% (be realistic with the figures) decrease in scheduling errors. I would love to bring not only this method but my general organizational skills to this job at your company. (Admin Professional can use this).

👉I will bring my unique competency to your company. I am experienced in many areas related to this company’s current goals, including expanding international sales. For example, I helped improve international & Local l sales at a previous company by over 10%. My sales background, along with my ability to plan ahead, will help facilitate that growth.

My previous work experience included innovation in many areas, including strategies for more effective teamwork. At my previous company, I devised strategies for improving teamwork and communication among members of team projects. I can bring my ideas from my previous job and my general passion for innovation to your organization. (Sales & BD Prof can use this).

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Watianoengineer(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by stano2(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2023
Many

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Nairalander248: 1:16pm On May 04, 2023
Nice question

Guys what value did you bring and

Ladies, what value are you bringing??

6 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:17pm On May 04, 2023
Uncountable

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by jubrilELsudan: 1:17pm On May 04, 2023
THE DIFFERENT FVCK STYLES

5 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by GloriaNino: 1:17pm On May 04, 2023
Garri
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by aboyaji(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2023
Ok, I'll start.

Once worked for a company that's into supplies. They are the major distributors of a certain electronic appliances. So I represented them in a different unit.

My first month of resumption, I discovered that their former staff whom I replaced was quite docile in her task. Their sales was dropping exponentially before I came on.

I studied the new environment and informed my company about the issue and immediately gave a business changing idea that broke the history of their distribution. One fateful afternoon, I got a call from my parent company asking what was going on. I told them plainly that "I dey vex", like a joke. They laughed out loud and told me that something of such hadn't happened in the company before. That was how we held a new threshold of supplies to the new unit and environment. I was very glad that I could effect a change in the company.

Secondly, along the line, I discovered a lot of misappropriation of funds and goods going on in the company which were untraceable some months later. It was fixed.

We have to maximize our potentials. Not just by waking up and go to work. But make a good difference.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Vyzz: 1:18pm On May 04, 2023
grin

I will give you proper respect

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by bluefilm: 1:19pm On May 04, 2023
Actually, Sir,

I don't bring any value to the table!

I'm only here to scatter the table!

1 Like

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by MrBroke(m): 1:19pm On May 04, 2023
Too numerous to mention. But the number one is keeping the numbers straight.

1 Like

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by wahalawahala: 1:19pm On May 04, 2023
🙄
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Alaigbomaster: 1:19pm On May 04, 2023
"Emotional support"
"Prayer"
"Motivation"

I left UK in 2025

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by tobenuel(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2023
I will see wat I can do
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by NaijaCover(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2023
, Is Here To Bring All The BAD NEWS That Happened In And Out Of Nigeria
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by ManWater: 1:20pm On May 04, 2023
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 04, 2023
I bring nothing.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Roytimidgreat: 1:21pm On May 04, 2023
Experience and competence

3 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Brownshoe: 1:21pm On May 04, 2023
I will bring vegetables to the table of this organisation, just employ me and see

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:22pm On May 04, 2023
Nothing at all at all.

4 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by XTHRONE(m): 1:22pm On May 04, 2023
post=122924973:
, Is Here To Bring All The BAD NEWS That Happened In And Out Of Nigeria

Interesting news rather

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Xlogistics(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2023
What value do you bring to the table ?

Meanwhile any man who is suffering from Erectile dysfunction your cure is here. With only fruits and veg you can 100 percent fix yourself.

Mention me for the cook book,
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by NaijaCover(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2023
XTHRONE:

Interesting news rather

, Is A Professional Blogger
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by sprints1: 1:29pm On May 04, 2023
Anybody giving 100% to any organization in Nigeria is foolish and a nincompoop. I can't imagine working slave labor for just 200-1000 USD a month that can't guarantee me financial freedom. When I die to replace me no hard. To see pension or gratuity na wahala. Give them 70% then reduce am to 35% then use the rest to bolster yourself and help your life. So far I am bringing what you pay me to the table. You give me #100k/month job I give u in return.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Dottore: 1:30pm On May 04, 2023
Ok
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by sacajawea: 1:45pm On May 04, 2023
Deep Sensual feelings and Touching...

It's very very sweet
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Mindlog: 1:46pm On May 04, 2023
Hmm...
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by drimzsmoke(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2023
A chair
Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Basiljoe: 1:49pm On May 04, 2023
Experience
Problem solving skills
Positivity
Technological know how
Effectiveness
Knowledge
competency

I'm an asset wherever i go, not a liability.

I miss this nonsense site grin

2 Likes

Re: What Value Do You Bring To The Table? by Painwontbreakme: 2:07pm On May 04, 2023
1000 odds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Recruitment 2014 / Federal Govt Rush Hour Recruitment(exposed) / Cds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.