Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,916 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja (14337 Views)

Delta Killings: Military Sets To Build Barracks In Okuama / Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers / Governor Emmanuel Inaugurates Projects At Army Barracks In Abak L. G. A...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Hotwest: 8:30am On May 05, 2023
They really need it. Police barracks is nothing to write home about
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2023
sonature1:
These kinds of projects are needed across the country because police barracks often look like abandoned quarters.

How can Nigérian politicians watch every part of this country collapse yet they continue their looting spree?

It seems the new IGP is heavily investing in infrastructure across the rank and file, and it is really commendable.
Don't you know that Looting is one of the key fundamental human rights of the Nig politician in the Nig constitution?
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by windvane(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2023
Patrickyemi:
Omo this forthcoming administration go tough o, everybody should have multiple stream of income o. As for me I use YouTube and it pays my dues very well. If you want to learn about YouTube, I can mentor you mention me if interested 🥰
hello...I am interested in learning YouTube... no knowledge is lost
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Nobody: 8:31am On May 05, 2023
IGP be looking like POWA Chairperson, he should tell us why police don't conduct officers cadet recruitment
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by kingyakos: 8:34am On May 05, 2023
What about police barracks in other states, are they not due for renovation too?
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by ProphetM0hammad: 8:36am On May 05, 2023
kingyakos:
What about police barracks in other states, are they not due for renovation too?
In order of priority and importance
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Fstar1: 8:40am On May 05, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Sounds Good
But even with all this, the security situation in the country is not improving a bit. Don't know why

1 Like

Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2023
@ naptu2 like I earlier said , what I believe is transit centers and cantonments, not necessarily barracks.

I am a barrack boy, so I believe I have an idea why I don't believe in this modern day for government workers, barracks for accomodation are necessary for transit workers, new recruits , special duties and maybe top echleon.

Our constant barracking of most military and policing shows something very very wrong with our system.
It also encourages civilian bullying and rascality as well as takes away social integration of officers.

There should be a standardized welfare package of our officers, but crowding them in one place, gives room for a lot of wrong doing.

Most barracks by now should have been dismantled.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by JaskanFactor: 8:50am On May 05, 2023
So Nigerian people are supposed to rejoice cause the European colonial police force of nigeria which collects bribe give change is getting nice home, when Nigerians being wiped out by insecurity all over the country.

This is just more proof they are private security force, who in their spare time exploit Nigeria people as they have been trained to do by the Europeans that run Nigeria worse than any zoo , cause if you ever been to a zoo it much better place than nigeria.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by RhodaNelly: 8:53am On May 05, 2023
Very correct. Those buildings have been standing for over 5 decades without proper maintenance. So sad.
ShaqFu:
If they're only rehabilitating High way patrol barracks, and also starting from there, then I must say something is amiss somewhere. Mopol 20 barracks is the barrack that needs serious rehabilitation, especially Old Block 1.

Men that block can attract all manner of evil spirit because of the way it looks.

While I want to say kudos to the Police and Lagos state government, they should have made this project holistic and start with all the barracks, those blocks don't look safe at all, starting from Mopol 20, to Highway patrol, to Mounted Troop to Obalende Police Barrack, all the blocks there are very old and not safe for human habitation.

The funny thing is many of those blocks still use pit toilet, the bathroom is outside, so is the kitchen, in this modern day, people live in houses where their bathroom, toilet and kitchen are outside their house and they are very filthy.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Bahamas95(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2023
Police officers who are suppose to be fit are all looking like pregnant women with annoying pot bellies....... Nonsense!
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Debangis20(m): 8:56am On May 05, 2023
Highly welcome
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by remzytimer: 9:03am On May 05, 2023
I like this man, is like he's an Architect or a Builder
...more grace sir
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by SmartyPants(m): 9:04am On May 05, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

I might be wrong, but do we actually need barracks in this modern times,
The police and army are just like other government employees, only people on special duties at special places needs to be garrisoned.

Building of accomodation for government workers will always lead to waste, we can have transit centers , but certainly not full accomodation barracks.

So that criminals can target policemen at their homes?
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:07am On May 05, 2023
Police personnels are notorious at messing up an environment and ruining edifice. Watch what might become of this gesture.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2023
SmartyPants:

So that criminals can target policemen at their homes?

Criminals targeting policemen at Thier homes is a fallout from complete societal decay, attack why criminals are attacking policemen at Thier homes, not shying away from the problem, a lot of policemen don't live in barracks, how many have been attacked, a lot of policemen live in barracks and Thier families outside have been attacked. What difference have the barracks provided.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by foxxydude: 9:11am On May 05, 2023
Maintenance no dey Nigeria vocabulary at all
maintenance culture 0%
Accountability 0%
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by SmartyPants(m): 9:19am On May 05, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

Criminals targeting policemen at Thier homes is a fallout from complete societal decay, attack why criminals are attacking policemen at Thier homes, not shying away from the problem, a lot of policemen don't live in barracks, how many have been attacked, a lot of policemen live in barracks and Thier families outside have been attacked. What difference have the barracks provided.

If the majority of policemen live within the society, especially those in the tactical formations like Mopol, anti-robbery, anti cult counter terrorism and so on, they will be targeted.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Segzy19: 9:25am On May 05, 2023
This IGP sef... Anytime I see his picture I feel somehow... Be like say female hormones too much for him body..... Na him like an old granny
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by IgboSomalia: 9:32am On May 05, 2023
Don't build new ones, renovate the existing barracks. That's how you do it.

Renovate and make the occupants are held responsible for ANY damage to the apartment. They will get sense.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Samkuljax(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2023
Let’s see your YouTube channel
Patrickyemi:
Omo this forthcoming administration go tough o, everybody should have multiple stream of income o. As for me I use YouTube and it pays my dues very well. If you want to learn about YouTube, I can mentor you mention me if interested 🥰
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Nobody: 10:44am On May 05, 2023
ShaqFu:
If they're only rehabilitating High way patrol barracks, and also starting from there, then I must say something is amiss somewhere. Mopol 20 barracks is the barrack that needs serious rehabilitation, especially Old Block 1.

Men that block can attract all manner of evil spirit because of the way it looks.

While I want to say kudos to the Police and Lagos state government, they should have made this project holistic and start with all the barracks, those blocks don't look safe at all, starting from Mopol 20, to Highway patrol, to Mounted Troop to Obalende Police Barrack, all the blocks there are very old and not safe for human habitation.

The funny thing is many of those blocks still use pit toilet, the bathroom is outside, so is the kitchen, in this modern day, people live in houses where their bathroom, toilet and kitchen are outside their house and they are very filthy.
I didn't read where they said they are only renovating highway patrol barracks, it said this is a starting point.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2023
SmartyPants:

If the majority of policemen live within the society, especially those in the tactical formations like Mopol, anti-robbery, anti cult counter terrorism and so on, they will be targeted.

Those are not regular policemen, if you had looked at my post holistically, you would have seen where I said special duties should be exempted.
And special duties police men are not supposed to have duties in Thier base, neither are they supposed to be stationed in one place for more than 3 months to avoid complacency.

Are we in a war situation, that we still barrack military personnel.
What has the barracks system achieved security wise.

It would have been more effective if we had more plain clothed unknown policemen.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Pasadena14: 11:41am On May 05, 2023
Open Letter to *Inspector General of Police* ; Nigeria Police Force, The *Force Education Officer ; Nigeria Police Force Education Unit, The Director ; Federal Civil Service Commission.

Upon hearing the good news of the approved 40% pay rise for the federal civil servants most especially we teachers on CONPSS SALARY STRUCTURE* which is consider to be the poorest salary structure in Nigeria, happiness run-over our veins, smiles takeover our faces, our body system encounter relieve off the economy crisis we are facing in our dear country, we are jubilating, praising the Lord and lauding our dear President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; General Muhammad Buhari for his kind gesture not knowing that we will be cutoff from benefitting from the pay rise of which we are duly entitle to benefit as stated by the Federal Civil Service Commission after all we are under CONPSS SALARY STRUCTURE and others civil servants under this salary structure received and benefitted from the pay rise this very month of April. But we teachers serving under *Nigeria Police Force Education Unit* were denied our rights. This is not the first but we pray to be the last.
Being a staff working under police organization is the greatest mistake we ever made in our life. Teachers in *Nigeria Police Force Education Unit* don't know where they're belong to, that is, there is no umbrella for them to stay under, they are neither police personnel nor civil servants. When something valuable comes to police personnel, they would exclude Teachers, they describe teachers as civilian and they could only benefit from what other *federal government teachers are benefiting* . But when something related to work arises, they would say teachers are part of police and they are doing police work. Whereas, if benefit comes from federal for federal teachers to benefit, police will seize it. They failed to take care of all teachers entitlement but they want teachers to serve them better. No way!

40% pay rise is our right, pay it!

Teachers serving under Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force have started enjoying this befitting benefit*

*You claim to be our friend, show it!*

The Inspector General of Police

The Force Education Officer

The State Commissioner of Police

The O/C MSS

Police Service Commission

Federal Civil Service Commission

The Nigeria Labor Congress

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

40% pay rise is our right, we deserve it and we were given, please, release it!

Police Children Schools Teachers
Police Secondary Schools Teachers

1 Like

Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by Patrickyemi: 12:16pm On May 05, 2023
windvane:
hello...I am interested in learning YouTube... no knowledge is lost

I run a mentorship program for 1k. I will teach you everything I know about YouTube. If interested see my signature for contact.
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by jimcaddy(m): 1:37pm On May 05, 2023
Why our IGP go get big waist like this na..
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by peculiar2233: 1:38pm On May 05, 2023
This is commendable only if the people in charge won't chop the money that's meant to use for the project. Police are also human beings and they need good welfare also
Re: Police To Rebuild Barracks In Lagos And Construct New Quarters In Abuja by GoodLord95: 7:00pm On May 05, 2023
God bless Nigeria. God bless Nigeria Police Force and God bless our IGP ❤️❤️❤️❤️

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano State Governor, Big Church Foundation To Be Honoured Northern Peace Award / I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha / Soldiers Of Kwara Political Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.