Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,527 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! (45244 Views)

My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January / Will My Generator Be Able To Power The Inverter AC? / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by iamdapsyj(m): 7:39am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

I laughed when I saw this statement. Why do we encourage people to have bad behaviour πŸ€”. Small time now the neighbour will attach more load bearing equipment to it.

When this carry on for so long, the said neighbour will become entitled which is a common attitude here in Nigeria as I have witnessed one before.

The neighbour should atleast inform the OP and if he does not want such connection, he (neighbour) should stop the illegal connection.

We get away with a lot of things in Nigeria.

Now OP, if you want to prosecute the case in court, make sure you get video evidence of how the wires were connected from his to yours when the generator is active.

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Kaybaba5(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2023
Zaheertyler:

OP please increase the generator to the highest and burn whatever you can burn
No be only legal means
Even if u increase the Gen there is AVR in the Gen that will regulate it to 220 so far it's big Gen, don't spoil your Gen pls
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by GoodIsGod: 7:45am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
If his connection is not disturbing your power output needed in your apartment, just let it slide

No. This means one is encouraging illegality and crime. You don't let such slide. If you are using my property it has to be if I am willing not by Force.

You don't encourage Madness.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by GoodIsGod: 7:49am On May 06, 2023
Kaybaba5:

Even if u increase the Gen there is AVR in the Gen that will regulate it to 220 so far it's big Gen, don't spoil your Gen pls

If I can afford to buy a new one conviniently, I wouldn't mind to spoil my Gen to teach such a crazy fellow a lesson.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by brightDdon(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:

But that's stealing na,
At least approach me for the help don't just go tap it criminally.

Personally I can't have power supply and my immediate good flat neighbor doesn't have,no I will approach him/her myself to give maybe 2-5 points.

This life sweet me more when I brings relief into people's life.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by TheMostComplex1: 7:51am On May 06, 2023
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

Bro you get mind oooooh. Chia

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Goodman2023: 8:01am On May 06, 2023
CuriousCart:

Get an electrical expert..not just any electrician... someone with recognized electrical certificate, because that person will need to testify in court as an expert.

Take your neighbor unaware, make sure police are on ground including the expert...that way he will do is job by tracing the wire that led to that connection, while the process is ongoing, video it peacefully without unnecessary background noise from those present...

All you need is for the expert to testify in court...don't forget to take the wire used for the connection..it will be tendered in court as exhibit along with the video.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Charly68: 8:01am On May 06, 2023
If it is illegal ,then get him arrested and send him to jail for perpetrating such an unholy act
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Okiemute101: 8:09am On May 06, 2023
CuriousCart:

There is love in sharing
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by opey112(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2023
Calibrator:
People like that don't learn except through the hard way.. Last time someone tried this nonsense with me.

Switch on the generator, after a few minutes, switch off all appliances in your apartment, preferably with the changeover switch to be on the safe side, then go to your generator and rapidly use a star screwdriver to raise the output to the maximum, it will fry all electrical appliances in your neighbour's apartment.

It is not everything you leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!
IKA Of Africa
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Ofemmanu1: 8:27am On May 06, 2023
Calibrator:

Comrade haha!

Calm down na?!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by bluefilm: 8:29am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:

Are you sure you're not the thieving neighbor in question?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by chinoonew09: 8:34am On May 06, 2023
πŸ—£ It is not everything you can leave to God or the government to judge, heaven helps those who help themselves!

Just, trace the wire that supplies current to your neighbor, and tell the electrician to connect it to live wire & live wire for them only, not live & neutral, once your gen is On, your neighbor connect anything to it, you'll hear the sounds of explosion from your apartment. ..

That will be the end of them of sucking your light.. 😁😁😁
Do that and thank me later
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Zealag(m): 8:36am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
Plz why will he let it slide,Is it the both of them that is footing the bill?what about maintenance,fuel purchase?I believe if you are in his shoes you won't take it easy on the neighbor the moment you realize.lets be guided

1 Like

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Nobody: 8:38am On May 06, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Have you ever considered the negative externality effects your gen noise must have had on this guy?
He can sue you too for this I hope you know?

You people should stop defending nonsense..typical neighborhoods discuss what time they should generally put off their gens to allow people sleep peacefully...

You cant just go and connect to his gen when you've not discussedand be using that as an excuse to tap his current...assuming he talked to the neighbor about the gen noise and he didnt agree, then I can understand
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Zealag(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2023
Report him or her to the nearest authority,if it repeat itself place a huge allegations on the cheat and take him to court,his an intruder.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by lordchiz(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2023
Calibrator:

Jehovahhhhhhhh......human being dey think ooo...
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Allikola(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:

People with clean mind will surely make heaven. Thanks for the good advice.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Nauttyprof(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2023
He is just wicked.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Taigaban: 9:18am On May 06, 2023
My brother ignore all advise given here. Just get an electrician to secure wherever he can tap from your generator or power lines. Warned him about the legal consequences if he is caught doing that again.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by jumper524(m): 9:38am On May 06, 2023
Na in house matter, e no suppose reach station.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by fabolouz1(m): 9:43am On May 06, 2023
Someone who himself might be a thief commented " if it doesn't affect your generator ,let it go" .
This is absurd, this is just like saying homes illegally connected to the power grid shouldn't be persecuted because their connection doesn't affect the grid lines.
Aren't you aware the more the load, the more the fuel consumption? Someone is using his hard earned money to power his generator in this period of high pms price and someone somewhere is tapping for free and should be allowed to continue ?
Do what one of the members proposed and after it must have blown his appliances ,then that's a proof should you decide to take him to court.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by CuriousCart(f): 10:00am On May 06, 2023
BABAawoo47:
goan get small transfomer... Connect to outltet of generator and power off your own flat....Watch as your blow up all his appliances he uses cheesy grin grin

Examples of small transformer?
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2023
Seagodess:
heaven help those who help themselves is not in the Bible Sir
And he did not quote the scriptures Ma. undecided
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Juju70(m): 10:15am On May 06, 2023
Oga send him generator bill
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by emmykk(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2023
alllivesmatter:

You need to see a therapist as soon as possible. You need help.

Truth is bitter
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by yahoodetector: 10:42am On May 06, 2023
Lama70:
I suffered a similar fate in the hands of a supposedly born-again sometimes back. The guy in questiion was an electrical engineer. He usually turned on his generator once i switched-off mine late in the night.

I didn't even bother about it when i noticed. His pastor father and mother were fully aware. I have since left the place anyway.

Reason why I hate Nigerian versions of "born again" and "church"

Na dem be Satan!
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by yahoodetector: 10:46am On May 06, 2023
Antipob777:
Upon say its a pass my neighbour generator you are using you came here for cheap publicity.

What's my biz between you, your generator and your neighbour.

Mtcheeeeeew

Nonsense

You and his neighbor are the same type of people. Full of envy, leeching and backbiting.
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Funpeter: 10:53am On May 06, 2023
Take him in unaware like after a month or so he will be the one to come and tell you bros e be like your Generator get fault oooo
Calibrator:

Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by cozy7(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2023
dawnomike:
some pple just like to be burden on others, even if they can afford that thing. Thry will be unappreciative, overtime u begin to feel like d fo0l
Re: My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! by Efenaira(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2023
Now so my idiot neighbor go carry he Dustin NIN come put inside my trash πŸ—‘ , now once I change am give 2 seconds say if he try am again I go beat am , he run from me , Abi now the when they come bang my protect say he won charge phone πŸ“± I warn make he nor try am again for he life . Just set your boundaries in a public compound that’s how to live in peace .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pictures Dont Lie: The Real Mowe And Ofada Agents Wont Tell You About / KITCHEN CABINETS (with pictures) / A Wing Duplex With Flat @Ajah By MOORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.