Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic (21416 Views)

What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Labragadaya: 2:33am On May 07, 2023
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

However lately, from January it has been one problem to the other.

From overheating to coil problem to spark plug problem and others.

The recent issue with the car is that the car doesn’t hold slow anymore.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ipobarecriminals: 2:51am On May 07, 2023
sad some of those idiots mechanic are out to squeeze /dig hole inside your pocket.i guess you bought this car from another Naija fellow. It is Wickedness to sell problem to another man. Contact Gazzuz for necessary assistance

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Yhemzie(m): 3:31am On May 07, 2023
I once had this issue with the same car. My rewire scanned the car and told me the accelerator pedal was bad, we ordered for new pedal and the issue got fixed. He also warned that on no condition should I allow any mechanic to manually adjust the slow of my car, that it's automatic and it resets itself automatically because big daddy has an issue with slow anytime the battery terminals are removed.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by coputa(m): 5:04am On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well. However lately, from January it has been one problem to the other. From overheating to coil problem to spark plug problem and others. The recent issue with the car is that the car doesn’t hold slow anymore. That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail. This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs. Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this? Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise
Did you buy it direct Belgium or second hand.Please Sell that car fast, stop pumping money into it.it will wreck you,it has been compromised.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ipobarecriminals: 7:12am On May 07, 2023
angry u can as well buy it fast..
coputa:
Did you buy it direct Belgium or second hand.Please Sell that car fast, stop pumping money into it.it will wreck you,it has been compromised.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Dozieson(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well. However lately, from January it has been one problem to the other. From overheating to coil problem to spark plug problem and others. The recent issue with the car is that the car doesn’t hold slow anymore. That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail. This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs. Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this? Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise

First is to scan. Next advise is to change engine. No need repairing a dead engine. Is the car big daddy or drop light?

21 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by slawomir: 12:23pm On May 07, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

And the funny thing is that you are even planning on selling it and people here are even advising you to sell it

Oh lord people are wicked

So who be the idiot you want make he buy and inherits this problem

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by helinues: 12:24pm On May 07, 2023
Change your mechanic.

Some of them are opportunists

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by VeryWickedPrick: 12:24pm On May 07, 2023
Become a mechanic

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
Nigeria una too like stress..

Bro sell it and use leg..

This life no be by garagara or who get motor

22 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by helinues: 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

Chai, this guy don resurface after Obi's loss.

You know sabi nada

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by martyns303(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
I can understand, the problem is our mechanics. Even with your money you can’t get good service, and if you are able to get good service be advice 95% of all parts in Nigeria are China, not the original from the car manufacturer. So within a few months the part would have packed up. I drive a Benz, I have the money but to get good service is a problem, I have now resorted to ordering the parts from abroad, expensive, but at least I have peace of mind. Car generally is expensive to maintain.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by DennisEche(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
Find someone and sell it to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Emmastan291: 12:25pm On May 07, 2023
A 2002 Toyota Camry while we dey 2023.....

Sell the car or consult a good Car Mechanic in regard to what you can do

12 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Enddy50ty(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2023
Look for a good Auto diagnostician, scan your car to know what the exact problem is.
If it’s something you know you can fix, then fix it, if not, replace the engine.
If you cannot afford to buy complete engine then buy what the call “Borale”.. (half engine).

Don’t let roadside mechanics frustrate you because of their selfishness and greed.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Risingblue008(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it off
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Coldplay007(f): 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

You spoilt your car yourself, that overheating you just smoothly glossed over is what has caused the issues.
buy a new engine if you want to enjoy your car.

9 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Elidrisy20: 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it to the machanic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Infobase101: 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
It's unusual
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by buygala(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Counterfeit: 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it off and buy yourself a brand new Roller Skate

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by sukkot: 12:27pm On May 07, 2023
what do you mean by it doesnt hold slow ?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by zombieHUNTER: 12:28pm On May 07, 2023
You bought Naija used car...

get used to it or sell it
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Esoheedos: 12:28pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

How can you ring engine from Nigeria mechanic and expect that engine to remain the same. You either change engine or change the car.

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by laurel03(m): 12:28pm On May 07, 2023
This is what yoruba call agbana... if cares is not taking the car will rec you. So find better mechanic or rewire and know car doesn't want manage manage repair.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by rashfat(m): 12:28pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

Go and insure your car, the insurance company should be the one paying for the repairs

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by obaidan: 12:29pm On May 07, 2023
Just change ur engine or change the car if you have the means.......

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Trueigbo: 12:29pm On May 07, 2023
Just buy new engine and save yourself the stress.

Had same challenge with my corolla. I ringed the engine but the car goes off when I slow down. Took to several mechanics until I met one who told me the truth to buy new engine. Have been using the car over a year now

13 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by zombieHUNTER: 12:29pm On May 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

And the funny thing is that you are even planning on selling it and people here are even advising you to sell it

Oh lord people are wicked

So who be the idiot you want make he buy and inherits this problem

where have you been Niccur

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ada9ja(f): 12:30pm On May 07, 2023
I hope no be say u go buy motor wey be 5million for 300k?

10 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by luckedesiri(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2023
That's why it's never adviseable to buy a Nigerian used car.. E fit be say the owner know all these faults that's why e sell am for you and useless mechanics plus Nigerian used car na disaster... Very bad combination

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Bentley Dominator,The Ancestor Of Bentayga And Rolls-Royce Cullinan / Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three / Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.