Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic (21412 Views)

What Car Is The Most Popular For Women In Nigeria? / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by pikechukwu6(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2023
My Brother village people are at work...better still be a mechanic smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by kingyakos: 12:46pm On May 07, 2023
Go village, call for meeting and ask dem the same question
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Righthussle: 12:47pm On May 07, 2023
rashfat:

Go and insure your car, the insurance company should be the one paying for the repairs

You're certainly not in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by chukel(m): 12:47pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

However lately, from January it has been one problem to the other.

From overheating to coil problem to spark plug problem and others.

The recent issue with the car is that the car doesn’t hold slow anymore.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

Is this mechanic trying to extort me. Experience car users please advise
the problem is not the car but the mechanic and you. Have you scanned this car?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by aikyg(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
Save yourself the headache and buy "borale" or skeleton engine. Thank me later.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by gabbasin: 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
I will advise you not to toe the path of that mechanic, don't change the engine Block, better you go for a complete engine replacement. There are some mechanics that have engine suppliers at ladipo, and it's fix "before payment". When they fix the engine and they are satisfied with the performance, that's when payment is made

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by clockwisereport: 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
Contact gazzuzz
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
DennisEche:

How am I wicked, was the car not sold to him by another person? Forming holier than thou and na them corrupt pass
Shut up
Stop spreading evil!
And person like you fit just return from church o
YẸYẸ
Stop evil before it destroys you COMPLETELY
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by georgeakins: 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
occfx:

Sell the thing or buy a new engine

It may not be engine problem, it may be sensor issues.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by chukel(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:
I once had this issue with the same car. My rewire scanned the car and told me the accelerator pedal was bad, we ordered for new pedal and the issue got fixed. He also warned that on no condition should I allow any mechanic to manually adjust the slow of my car, that it's automatic and it resets itself automatically because big daddy has an issue with slow anytime the battery terminals are removed.
what is this "slow"?
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Jukay: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:
I once had this issue with the same car. My rewire scanned the car and told me the accelerator pedal was bad, we ordered for new pedal and the issue got fixed. He also warned that on no condition should I allow any mechanic to manually adjust the slow of my car, that it's automatic and it resets itself automatically because big daddy has an issue with slow anytime the battery terminals are removed.

You are very correct when i just bought my big daddy i noticed anytime i removed d terminal the slow takes some time before it comes back to notmal and its automatic. But after mechanic don repair d car now anytime i remove the battery the car doesnt need any reset again i guess i have messed up the system.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ucheorijo: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Orijo.com.ng is your #1 stop ONLINE FASHION RETAIL STORE for Original High Street Brands Fashion items & accessories 🥿👞👖👗👜💼 sourced directly from 🇬🇧 down to 9ja 🇳🇬 🛍️
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ipobarecriminals: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
cool Isee! Amen wink
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

You're a very wicked person
I pray you fall victim to buy such problem.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by hakimi1974(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2023
Risingsunn:
no big daddy of 2002 na
e dey.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Fibonacci88: 12:51pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:
I bought a 2002 Toyota Camry as my first car in October and for the first 2-3 months the car performed pretty well.

That is the car goes off at slow speeds. I’ve changed coil, changed spark plug, ringed engine twice all to no avail.

This has caused a huge hole in my pocket as I’ve even had to borrow to pay for some of these repairs.

Just yesterday in a bid to resolve this issue, I took the car to another mechanic and he told me my engine block had washed and that even if he grinded the valve the holding slow issue won’t stop. I inquired about the cost of replacing the block and purchase alone was close to a 100 thousand. I’m just tired and frustrated, I need advise, do I sell the car or do I repair this?

Save and buy a new engine. I had same issues with my previous car. Forget the idea of ringing engine or grinding valve u are only enriching ur mechanic. Buy a good Belgium engine. I can recommend someone I met here on nairaland and he delivered a very sharp engine to my location in calabar.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by money121(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

Tu Lasi Oshe ra motor elo jawo, oremi tonshey ru e oo dele adajo
By:Ayinla Omowura
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by ipobarecriminals: 12:52pm On May 07, 2023
sadthose of you advising him to sell the problematic to unsuspecting public. Hope your family member be the lucky owner of this load/problem.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by chukel(m): 12:53pm On May 07, 2023
Risingblue008:
Sell it off
why not buy it from him, wicked soul. Be the one to buy it from him.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Lanca: 12:54pm On May 07, 2023
Check for Engr Gozie Atueyi Seka on Facebook,he will be of immense help to you in any way you want it and equally follow his page
Thanks and good luck
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by mrdipye(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2023
Cars are wahala sha
From mechanic to mechanic, but I suggest you should go for a scan before deciding to either selling it or repairing it
my car you'll buy will still definitely develop one or two issues from time to time

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by blesboi(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
If village people want to settle u,, this is one of their no ways...
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by 4ward4: 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
Yhemzie:

Sell anything that gives you problem, gather all the money you would have wasted repairing to purchase a better standard.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by GistFullGround: 12:57pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

I can help you get a good car here in the US. Tell me what you want, I will get it for you. However, you will pay for the shipping from here, collect & clear the car from naija yourself. My fee for my effort is $500 grin

1 Like

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by babsthegreat: 12:58pm On May 07, 2023
Sell it off is a devourer
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by anyilalaz: 12:58pm On May 07, 2023
slawomir, the damnnn niggar is back. pop champaign sharp sharp. guy you made people like us worried. where have you been? Why sudden MIA?

Hope the niggar guy is fine?

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmm

And the funny thing is that you are even planning on selling it and people here are even advising you to sell it

Oh lord people are wicked

So who be the idiot you want make he buy and inherits this problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by honesttalk21: 12:59pm On May 07, 2023
With the amount of work done seems the car engine is far gone.
2 cases of ringing in how many months?
Have the camshaft looked into or get an expert to rebuild the engine.
Don't know how the cost of this will compare to an engine replacement.
Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Tallfam(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2023
Labragadaya:

Mechanic is our problem in this country, there try and error no be here.

Since you said you enjoy the car 2 to 3 month after the purchase, definitely is the first mechanic that dabaru every every. Find good mechanic around way Sabi waytin e they do.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by iamjavadem(m): 1:01pm On May 07, 2023
I have a rewire, not a mechanic. He scans the car first. I had an issue with my car where the gear was misbehaving I spent 200k to replace still same issue then someone introduced me to this rewire, he scanned my car and then fixed something under the bonnet and the car has been fine for years. So I wasted 200k changing gear that could have been fixed for just 15k under 30mims. SCAN YOUR CAR FIRST!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Donedeal1(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2023
Belgium engine 250-270k

Will address this totally

But trial and errors can cost you more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Realwvn(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
Lmao this headline had me laughing, bro sell that car immediately, add some money and get another one. This was how me and my mechanic became acquainted. Your mechanic will feel sorry for you but still chop you and clean mouth. If your car has been in and out of the mechanic for many times than it should, sell it ! Don’t hold back, don’t think you are fixing the last thing, you go cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic by Joseph77200(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
martyns303:
I can understand, the problem is our mechanics. Even with your money you can’t get good service, and if you are able to get good service be advice 95% of all parts in Nigeria are China, not the original from the car manufacturer. So within a few months the part would have packed up. I drive a Benz, I have the money but to get good service is a problem, I have now resorted to ordering the parts from abroad, expensive, but at least I have peace of mind. Car generally is expensive to maintain.

Can you please tell me where exactly you to order your car part?I had terrible experience ordering from China thrice and since then I don stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The Bentley Dominator,The Ancestor Of Bentayga And Rolls-Royce Cullinan / Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three / 10 Incredible Parking Fails You Can’t Pull Off No Matter How Hard You Try (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.