Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,580 members, 7,850,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria (4023 Views)

Delta Killings: Military Sets To Build Barracks In Okuama / Wike & Akpabio Banter At The Commissioning Of Police Barracks In Rivers / Governor Emmanuel Inaugurates Projects At Army Barracks In Abak L. G. A...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Newton2024: 12:43pm On May 07, 2023
In almost all military barracks in Nigeria, Peter Obi won the presidential elections, according to Gbadamosi

In a recent Twitter post, Babatunde Gbadamosi alleged that Peter Obi emerged victorious in the 2023 Presidential elections in nearly all military barracks across Nigeria. The claim has stirred a wave of reactions from various quarters, with many Nigerians questioning the validity of the assertion.

Gbadamosi did not provide any evidence to back up his claim, leaving many to speculate about the source of his information. The post has attracted a significant amount of attention on social media, with some Nigerians expressing concern over the implications of the alleged outcome.

He wrote: “Peter Obi won the Presidential elections in almost all military barracks in Nigeria. Make of this what you will.”
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mobile.twitter.com/BOGbadams/status/1654156466985598977&ved=2ahUKEwiQuJC0keP-AhVkoVwKHYYoBFcQFnoECAsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3XhJ2Xzn4FI6PDa9kH4rVG

1 Like

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 12:44pm On May 07, 2023
They don't cast votes in military barracks,neither do military men vote.

I am obedient,but this claim is false

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Feintline: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Yes he did. A research was carried out on election results in Military formations in the 36 states and FCT and their surroundings.

PODATTI won over 90% of the votes .

Bare it in mind that these are places where election rigging, destrotlying ballot papers , thuggery and all that oluomo activities are near impossible.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Feintline: 12:49pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:

Liar.
Elections are very well cast in Military formations and surroundings.

Where in your constitution did it say military or their families should not vote.
All these fake lamidi obidients.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Newton2024: 12:51pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:

I wish someone can verify this your claim that they don't cast votes in military barracks and neither do military men vote because in my state, gubernatorial aspirants use to share election largesse to Military barack during elections. Maybe the polling units are located outside but close to the barracks.

1 Like

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by helinues: 12:53pm On May 07, 2023
They should declare him the winner then

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 12:54pm On May 07, 2023
Newton2024:
I wish someone can verify this your claim that they don't cast votes in military barracks and neither do military men vote because in my state, gubernatorial aspirants use to share election largesse to Military barack during elections.
Oga I am a barrack boy. Military men don't vote, neither do they cast votes in military barracks. Polling units may be stationed close to military barracks,but not in the barracks

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Feintline: 12:59pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
Oga I am a barrack boy. Military men don't vote, neither do they cast votes in military barracks. Polling units may be stationed close to military barracks,but not in the barracks
Guy keep quiet. I am also a barracks boy. People from the barracks voted very well in this past election.
Polling units are at the gate or just close by.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by AntiTerrorist: 1:01pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
Even if military men are commanded not to vote, some of them would still vote. That's human nature for us. Then they have wives and children in barack who have PVC. A typical Military barack in Nigeria is a town on its own. They all cannot be disenfranchised.

At the bolded, I think we are all saying the same thing. The best place INEC can place polling unit is outside the barrack and not inside so that civilians can also make use of it without feeling intimidated. Closest, by the gate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Exc2000: 1:01pm On May 07, 2023
Feintline:

Guy keep quiet. I am also a barracks boy. People from the barracks voted very well in this past election.
Polling units are at the gate or just close by.

Will you shut the fvck up and listen to correction

Soldiers, And all Armed forces do not vote and no polling unit in Military barracks

If them born you well as a Obi supporter stake 10k down and show me any Military or Police barracks that had polling unit after all INEC published all 130,000 poling unit

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Feintline: 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
Exc2000:

Soldiers, And all Armed forces do not vote and no polling unit in Military barracks

Your brain is soaked with druggies white powder, that is why you don't have respect for your father.

I tell you people living in barracks voted , you are spitting scrap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 1:04pm On May 07, 2023
Feintline:

which barrack are you. I have never seen polling units in the barracks ,excepts in mammy markets in some barracks with civilian populations.

As long as it is not illegal for military men to vote. But which military man will be in the barracks during election? They are all posted for election duties outside their polling units. So what sense does it make to put polling unit in the barracks?

I grew up in 146 battalion, no polling unit there. Ojo barracks,no polling unit.

So which barrack are u?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Exc2000: 1:04pm On May 07, 2023
Feintline:

Your brain is soaked with tinubu white substance

If them born you well as a Obi supporter stake 10k down and show me any Military or Police barracks that had polling unit after all INEC published all 130,000 poling unit

Not only do you obi supporters lie about, you openly constitute nuisance without taking correction

13 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 1:07pm On May 07, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Even if military men are commanded not to vote, some of them would still vote. That's human nature for us. Then they have wives and children in barack who have PVC. A typical Military barack in Nigeria is a town on its own. They all cannot be disenfranchised
it is not illegal for military men to vote, but no military man will be on ground to vote during elections, they are all posted for election duties. Most of them don't even have voters card

1 Like

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by AntiTerrorist: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Drug Daddy surpporter @ Exc2000, why is it that you guys cannot make a simple argument without throwing insult? Funny thing is that you guys will be accusing innocent people what you are glaringly guilty of. You can always pass your message without throwing tantrums.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Exc2000: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
it is not illegal for military men to vote, but no military man will be on ground to vote during elections, they are all posted for election duties. Most of them don't even have voters card

Actually it is illegal for Military or member of armed forces including paramilitary to vote according to the electoral law since 2003

13 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Jennymine(f): 1:12pm On May 07, 2023
Fact
Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Jogs1900: 1:46pm On May 07, 2023
Exc2000:

Actually it is illegal for Military or member of armed forces including paramilitary to vote according to the electoral law since 2003
Thank you for this.
.Let's look at it logically, will soldiers allow policeman to man polling unit in the barracks? NO ..Moreover the barrack commandant will just order everybody to vote for the party he has an interest in and everybody must comply
Constitutionally, policemen are meant to.be the one to man a polling unit.

10 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by IamANigerianMan: 1:49pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:

You mean military men vote outside baracks
Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by boltwings: 1:56pm On May 07, 2023
it's true. He won at all the military barracks in Abuja ...you know it's very hard to rig in the barracks...you no fit intimidate anybody na

2 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by boltwings: 2:00pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
which barrack are you. I have never seen polling units in the barracks ,excepts in mammy markets in some barracks with civilian populations.

As long as it is not illegal for military men to vote. But which military man will be in the barracks during election? They are all posted for election duties outside their polling units. So what sense does it make to put polling unit in the barracks?

I grew up in 146 battalion, no polling unit there. Ojo barracks,no polling unit.

So which barrack are u?
mammy market is inside the barracks na

2 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Racoon(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2023
Elections conducted within military facilities or vicinity are always devoid of manipulation or electoral fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Christistruth02: 2:17pm On May 07, 2023
Exc2000:

Omo you won

Let him bring any IREV Returns that was from inside any Army Barracks

after all they are all posted on the INEC website

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by ablejesus26(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2023
A Captain in Bonny Camp told me so too.

Obi is the voice of the poor and those who want a better Nigeria.

Obi's Win would have made the people who have suffered greatly from bad governance, to understand that power is in their hands and voting the right able Candidate,that strikes towards balancing our diversities ,no matter how big the evil structure might look is a task that can be done.

Obi Won the election,but Nigeria,as in the System prevailed using INEC.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by kingsways: 2:40pm On May 07, 2023
Obi actually also won in Aso Rock

5 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 2:49pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:

So which barrack are u?
Do soldiers have wives, children, househelps and relatives living with them?
Do they have PVCs?
Whether the polling booths are inside or close to the barracks, I don't think anything stops family members or relatives of soldiers from voting during elections if the soldiers can't vote.
Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by ablejesus26(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:

I strongly disagree with your claim.
Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by FreedomfromtheT: 2:50pm On May 07, 2023
Pierohandsome:
What of their family members?
Re: Obi Won The Presidential Election In Almost All Military Barracks In Nigeria by Pierohandsome: 3:54pm On May 07, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

You mean military men vote outside baracks
military men don't vote. They are not allowed to cast votes by the military authority. But I still believe it is not illegal to vote. But they are not allowed to

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judge Threatens To Dismiss Terrorism Case Against Sen. Ndume / Obj Is Dead ( Cnn) / Jonathan Being Prayed For By Ministers In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.