Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Different South African Tribes - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Different South African Tribes (67226 Views)

South African Celebrities Who Are Traditional Healers/native Doctors / Meet The African Tribes That Offers Wife To Guests / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different South African Tribes by XAUBulls: 6:42pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
4. Sotho
Samantha is a badass Sepedi babe... The pictorial thread is mad sick!
Re: Different South African Tribes by Ransomtheking(m): 6:46pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Then you should go and look for those ones and good luck.. smiley smiley smiley
Hey Samantha what are common S.A girls name just need to carry out a little research cool
Re: Different South African Tribes by pacespot(m): 6:46pm On May 09, 2023
Nice thread, good pictures.

What do you mean by indigenous people of South Africa, are there other Black South Africans who are not indigenous?
Re: Different South African Tribes by XAUBulls: 6:48pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
6. My tribe, Sepedi.. grin grin grin
Sepedi ethnicity of Limpopo... Impressive!
Re: Different South African Tribes by OvisFranko: 6:49pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
4. Sotho
Major tribe in Estwantini, former Lesotho.Right?
Re: Different South African Tribes by darkwan: 6:53pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I've heard you have more than 200 tribes.. How do you live with each other in one country when you're that many?

we are still alive,init....

we no have wiped each other out....
we are not whites....
Re: Different South African Tribes by callmevirus(m): 6:53pm On May 09, 2023
Hadampson:
This is just a misconception. Zulu people are not wicked like you think. I have met many of them and they are not like what we were told. Yes, they started the xenophobia stuff but South Africans joined them and now people are blaming just Zulu. That's not fair if you ask me.

Let's stop hating on the Zulu people. They are nice, they are beautiful and they are strong.

You married a Zulu right?
Re: Different South African Tribes by Sniper101(m): 7:02pm On May 09, 2023
In this modern times
I'll say...
"South Africans are way too african ish for my liking". And it seems the Xhosas are the worst ones.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Dshocker(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Your favorite tribe, Zulu.. grin grin grin

I will visit South Africa by November and i will make sure to visit Nguni communities, to see Zulu people.... Seems they have the most prettiest girls.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Dshocker(m): 7:05pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Forget patriotism, South Africa get fine girls abeg.

See fine tall girl with tender skin.
No bleaching
No toothpick legs
No burnt knuckles like PH bolé
No protruded belly as a result of excess goat meat pepper soup and catfish pepper soup coupled with Smirnoff ice and hollandia yoghurt.

Nigerian girls are mostly short like fire hydrant. You hardly see a tall and pretty Nigerian girl.

God bless South African girls for me abeg. See as girl set and fresh like today's bread. kiss kiss kiss

Yes, dem girls fine like kilode, but dem girls carry HIV like buy gala.
Re: Different South African Tribes by Musisco01(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
It's Xhosa.

Yeah?
Re: Different South African Tribes by samuelson06(m): 7:20pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
Then you should go and look for those ones and good luck.. smiley smiley smiley

You have to help to help me o
Re: Different South African Tribes by ibkayee(f): 7:26pm On May 09, 2023
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by fatytoy333(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
1. And lastly, the indigenous people of SA, the Khoisan.
. They remind me of the movie the god's must be crazy
Re: Different South African Tribes by TonySpike: 7:47pm On May 09, 2023
Ransomtheking:

Here's what I got on the net
Cool.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Jeamillz2020(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2023
My question is why yu no use man pictures?
Re: Different South African Tribes by Mbenny(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
1. And lastly, the indigenous people of SA, the Khoisan.
i love the movie ' the gods most be crazy'
Re: Different South African Tribes by iamoyindamola(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
8. Your favorite tribe, Zulu.. grin grin grin
Yes my favourite tongue tongue
Re: Different South African Tribes by iamoyindamola(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
9. Swazi, or Swati.
2bd favourite grin grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by Mekoyaw(m): 8:25pm On May 09, 2023
No doubt SA🇿🇦 Ladies are just naturally endowed in the right proportion...I admire dem. But what tribe are the bare Chester's utd grin
Re: Different South African Tribes by ibkayee(f): 8:26pm On May 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Yes my favourite tongue tongue
See hin mouth tongue
Re: Different South African Tribes by Reussite: 8:28pm On May 09, 2023
Samantha124:
6. My tribe, Sepedi.. grin grin grin
This outfit reminds me of the one Tsatsii wore in the BBT show. Very beautiful 🥰

I wish you could have given more details( food they eat, culture) on all 10 tribes
Re: Different South African Tribes by iamoyindamola(m): 8:33pm On May 09, 2023
ibkayee:

See hin mouth tongue
I love that tribe 😁
The females though

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by ibkayee(f): 8:36pm On May 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I love that tribe 😁
The females though
grin

@Samantha124

Where are Naledi (Big Brother Mzansi) and Ipeleng (Big Brother Titans) from? I have the biggest crush on them
Re: Different South African Tribes by iamoyindamola(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2023
ibkayee:

grin

@Samantha124

Where are Naledi (Big Brother Mzansi) and Ipeleng (Big Brother Titans) from? I have the biggest crush on them
Ipeleng is damn beautiful both facially and at heart
Re: Different South African Tribes by ibkayee(f): 8:39pm On May 09, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I dunno about heart o but stunning face
Re: Different South African Tribes by SIRTee15: 8:52pm On May 09, 2023
Lionessza6:

You over-simplifying the matter .

1. Most South Africans today are a hybrid group formed from Bantu and KhoeSan relations, that is why we can point out a Kenyan , Congolese even Zimbabweans amongst us.....BLOODLINE .....GENETICS.

2. An invader doesn't form relations, they forcefully take over and wipe out or almost wipe out those they find there. Khoe-San ancestry is clearly visible in today's South Africa because the majority carriers are those who also.carry Bantu blood. White South Africanns are Europeans by blood, culture and language,they never intergrated or formed any relations with anyone the samething they did throughout Africa. They have always refered to themselves as Europeans until 1994. So they are strangers to the land ,and have no blood,language or cultural connections . Now ...that's an invader.

3. NO one is chasing out white people. But South Africa can never work or have peace with a minority of strangers guarding the resources for their original home ;Europe, not that it would work if we replaced them with faces that look like ours; Nigerian style....we have seen how shytty that option is as well. South African resources must be guarded by all it's people for their collective good ( long short, but do-able). I don't have the energy for the details now but maybe some other time.

4. You cannot tell me that you think the replacement of Deklerk ( apartheid last president); Mandela is to South Africa what De Klerk was ( perculia).Genes are an identity you can't edit, they will always tell you who you are and who your people are.

5. To summarise everything whether Khoe-San were the indigenous people of SA or not, what matters now is that Xhosas, Tswanas etc are descendants of those people and they are in majority in numbers , and can never allow strangers to dictate to them how things should be. White South Africans know who they are connected to by blood, and Unfortunately for them majority of them are in Europe not here.

Well u have strong points especially your 3.
Whatever the case, pls u guys should make South Africa work. That's the only hope of black man. If South Africa fails, Africa will be permanently tagged a failed continent.
Just like I was telling op, now that blacks are in charge, promote equity and fairness for all race in SA.
Then ensure the best hands are the ones who get the job. If it's a white man, give it him but make sure he's subjected to institutions and constitution controlled by majority blacks.
This way efficiency isn't sacrificed but racism isn't tolerated.
That's how America became a great nation, they put the immigrants to good use while the whites held on to the real power.
Your generation should fix the perceived remnant injustice, those who want to leave are free do so....then move the nation forward as a true rainbow nation.
I love South Africa, it's a beautiful country.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Dagger111(m): 9:10pm On May 09, 2023
Zonefree:
Forget patriotism, South Africa get fine girls abeg.

See fine tall girl with tender skin.
No bleaching
No toothpick legs
No burnt knuckles like PH bolé
No protruded belly as a result of excess goat meat pepper soup and catfish pepper soup coupled with Smirnoff ice and hollandia yoghurt.

Nigerian girls are mostly short like fire hydrant. You hardly see a tall and pretty Nigerian girl.

God bless South African girls for me abeg. See as girl set and fresh like today's bread. kiss kiss kiss

Unlike our average Naija girls wey don bleach the whole skin finished with chemicals. Pls, let me give my opinion in peace. Their bodies will be used for practicals as cadavers.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Creeper: 9:11pm On May 09, 2023
TonySpike:

The indigenous group would be the NOK culture. Am I correct on this?

No, NOK people were a migrating people who stayed where they found NOK terracotta for a while before migrating to somewhere else. Hence there was neither any continuity with their civilisation amongst the groups that later occupied where they stayed nor any trace of them. Some historians claim NOK people were the people that migrated to Ile Ife and later became Yorubas due to similarities in civilisation, especially the terracotta from both civilisations (I believe only NOK, Ife and another Yoruba civilisation in present day Kwara had terracotta). While present day Nigerians from the Middle Belt also claim they’re descendants of NOK people despite the fact that nothing links them to the civilisation, apart from occupying the area today. So, I don’t know who’s right between the two schools of thought.

I think the problem with knowing the history of the people in West Africa has 3 big obstacles. On one hand, you have the Afrocentric black people from America who’re obsessed with Egyptian civilisation and want to make everything about Egypt. On the other hand, you have a lot of West African scholars who are also dealing with their own insecurities and are hell bent on claiming that life started in West Africa for West Africans when there’s no concrete proof that the current groups in west Africa have been there for more than 5000years. Then you have racist Europeans who don’t want to change the racist narrative of the medieval times that sub Saharan Africans were savages until the white man came to save them.

However, once you start doing your research with an open mind and start looking at the whole continent as a continent once occupied by only one race of people as described as Greek and Roman historians - not North vs Sub-Saharan Africa - you’ll get a clearer picture.

I read a research paper based on Heretodus writings about the Greek and Roman exploration of the origin of the Nile River. That sojourn took them to West Africa and according to Heretodus - only gnomes (midget tribes) and wild animals occupied the region. And Heretodus also wrote about an empire the Egyptians told him about and paid tributaries to, in present day Mauritania which he said was the Kingdom of Atlantis that was later washed away by massive flooding.

Once you start from there, you’d see that the next empire that replaced that in West Africa was the Ghana empire. And shortly after that was the Ile Ife empire that used glass beads as currency before its decline into kingdom status. Then later came the all the Islamic kingdoms in West Africa and the name ‘Moor’ which was derived from the Mauritania. The creation of Sufi Islam which is indigenous to West Africa, i.e the combination of African traditional beliefs and Islam. And subsequently, Mali, Songhay, Oyo, Benin, etc empires.

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 09, 2023
Unfortunately, i don't watch big brother... But judging from their names, they could either be from Sepedi, Tswana, or Sotho tribe.
iamoyindamola:

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 09, 2023
Unfortunately, I don't watch big brother... But judging from their names, they could either be from the Sepedi, Tswana, or Sotho tribe.
ibkayee:

grin

@Samantha124

1 Like

Re: Different South African Tribes by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 09, 2023
I tried, but nairaland wouldn't let me upload the pictures on the first day to a point that I got tired and no longer had the energy to explain each tribe.
Reussite:

This outfit reminds me of the one Tsatsii wore in the BBT show. Very beautiful 🥰

I wish you could have given more details( food they eat, culture) on all 10 tribes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (37) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.