Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,666 members, 7,854,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:32 AM

Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 (26759 Views)

Oil Production Would Have Been At 500,000BPD If Not For Tantita - ARC / Greed: Why Dangote Refinery May End Up Like Ajaokuta Steel / Joe Ajeoro Attack On Dangote Refinery May Spell Political Doom f Igbos Once More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by nomolos92: 8:11pm On May 07, 2023
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-to-inaugurate-650000bpd-dangote-refinery-may-22/amp

Can't Dangote be patient for Tiunubu or Obi wink
This Buhari has a bad luck on his palm, anything he touches always end up disastrous

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Tzar(m): 8:12pm On May 07, 2023
Please! These people should just STFU on their never finishing refinery!
I think they should just open it without any announcements if they have any decency!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by RepoMan007: 8:12pm On May 07, 2023
richmond500:
it's a private company, they can't steal Dangote's oil
and most importantly, they can't steal what's theirs in the first place. Have gold thieves been caught in Zamfara?
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Brushstrokes20: 8:12pm On May 07, 2023
All the alleged billions spent on T. A. M on the 3 existing refineries by this kleptomaniac govt were obviously looted and even the promise to build 4 new ones ended up a baseless propaganda!

# LIFELESS govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by humberjade: 8:13pm On May 07, 2023
CondenseMilk:
I just hope those that steal our crude will allow it to function

Exactly, I hope and pray it isn't sabotaged
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Eniitankorede: 8:15pm On May 07, 2023
Parachoko:
From my research

Share the evidence with us.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by drlaykay(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

As planned.

Basically, the idea is to start at 30% and get up to full capacity in 12 years.
shocked Did you mean to say 12 months?
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by papamodico: 8:16pm On May 07, 2023
Probably President Muhammadu Buhari last official engagement before he leaves office on May 29, 2023
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Cassandraloius: 8:20pm On May 07, 2023
This is suspicious as far as Bubu is involved.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by ImpregnaTor(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

As planned.

Basically, the idea is to start at 30% and get up to full capacity in 12 years.
in 12 years?

Are they serious with their lives sad
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by meditator(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2023
Feintline:
Inaugurate anything you want to but do not inaugurate an unconstitutional president.
That will be destroying the fabrics of our nation and democracy.
OK daddy
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Dbestbrest: 8:24pm On May 07, 2023
winterfell007:

I read this assertion in a publication. The refinery is seriously having cash crunch challenges and Dangote's creditors are calling for their funds. I'm very sure the refinery will be running below nameplate capacity if at all it will be truly commissioned
Exactly! Buhari just wanted to have his name on every project thinking that will make him the best president that ever ruled the country not knowing that insecurity, nepotism and his bad leadership will be the hallmark of his administration
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by ezechi242: 8:24pm On May 07, 2023
Okoroawusa:

If that is the case why are you now against removing it?

I no kow whether all these Obidients dey reason when they make these kinds of arguments, assertions and propaganda...

were you not among the people who carried placards and coffins calling GEJ a goat and telling him to rest in peace simply because he wanted to remove the same subsidy your angel and love buhari is trying to remove? some times i just sit and ask my self how come i shear same country with ignorant and low thinking people ......do you know if your foolish agbado and the useless buhari had aloowed jonathan remove the subsidy at that time, we would not be suffering today?....now he wants to remove it after dumping the nation in an everlasting pit of debt and suffering, APC supporters are bunch of setbacks spits
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Charisma01: 8:25pm On May 07, 2023
Okoroawusa:

I no kow whether all these Obidients dey reason when they make these kinds of arguments, assertions and propaganda...

All they are just doing na fuel price increase
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by meditator(m): 8:26pm On May 07, 2023
Oseniwaje:
Oga dangote need to have an NGO to give back to the country that has contributed so much to his proceeds like Many big names in Nigeria and around the globe
He's doing that already. Northerners don't blow trumpet, just as Reno corroborated recently. They are always humble in success and give charity to please Allah not human. They don't do show-off
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Timmi: 8:26pm On May 07, 2023
Feintline:
Inaugurate anything you want to but do not inaugurate an unconstitutional president.
That will be destroying the fabrics of our nation and democracy.

Some of this ObiZombie can’t even read not to talk of what is in the constitution. The process, the election and the counting, announcing the candidate with the highest vote followed the constitution. If otherwise, provide relevant citation in the constitution, otherwise, hide your head in the sand.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Charisma01: 8:28pm On May 07, 2023
Okoroawusa:

All the turn around maintenance this goverment has been doing, what happened to them?
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by ceejay80s(m): 8:28pm On May 07, 2023
Why not allow tinubu to inaugurate it, since Buhari tenure don finish, dem sha want make E be aboki to aboki
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Asquare84(m): 8:29pm On May 07, 2023
For those Nigerian hording dollars will receive a shocker as Dangote refinery will shoot down the price of Dollars against Naira, no more using Dollars to import fuel again as their will be surplus Dollars in circulation now.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Franking: 8:29pm On May 07, 2023
Onye mbuari.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Lifewasgood: 8:29pm On May 07, 2023
Read in nairaland some weeks back that the refinery won't be ready till 2024, so what are they inaugurating?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 07, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Buhari is the minister of petroleum. Warri, Portharcourt and Kaduna refineries are under his domain but they are all dead. He is commissioning a private refinery while the government owed ones are nothing to write home about.

If Nitel did not die, Nigeria ICT sector that has affected virtually everything in Nigeria including you would have still been in comatose.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Jagabanarmy: 8:37pm On May 07, 2023
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-to-inaugurate-650000bpd-dangote-refinery-may-22/amp
Nigerian leaders are just fantastic failures.since I was born till now, Nigeria can't produce 5'000mw electricity despite the fact that we need 30000mw electricity generation to meet current demand but one private individual produced 2000mw electricity for his plants. This is shameful.
We have four refineries,no one of them is working. An oil producing country still importing fuel from abroad. We have shameless and fantastic corrupt political elites. I thank God that Jagaban is coming to change all these. Nigerians will witness massive change in all sectors during his administration

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by seguno2: 8:40pm On May 07, 2023
yinkus6750:
Waooohhh
Finally, Dangote refinery is ready.
PMB wants to take glory for it, hence ensuring he commissions it before leaving office.
Hope they will start refining immediately after commissioning?
How will it's functioning affect subsidy and petrol price?

No chance of that happening, because the light rail he commissioned in January has failed to move any passenger.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by TheAlchemist: 8:41pm On May 07, 2023
Dangote should have started with a modular refinery first, to get a hands on experience, if he does not get his staffing right for a refinery of such magnitude especially the technical personnel, he may end quickly divesting to salvage his other assets.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by seguno2: 8:42pm On May 07, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

Nigerian leaders are just fantastic failures.since I was born till now, Nigeria can't produce 5'000mw electricity despite the fact that we need 30000mw electricity generation to meet current demand but one private individual produced 2000mw electricity for his plants. This is shameful.
We have four refineries,no one of them is working. An oil producing country still importing fuel from abroad. We have shameless and fantastic corrupt political elites. I thank God that Jagaban is coming to change all these. Nigerians will witness massive change in all sectors during his administration

If our leaders are fantastic failures, then we must be worse than fantastic failures for letting them be our leaders. Don’t you think so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by ebuzchief(m): 8:45pm On May 07, 2023
This will help us in the economy and save a lot of dollars for the country if they are sure of what they saying.
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by fatboyslym007: 8:47pm On May 07, 2023
This refinery put Dangote in serious debt...

All these subsidy removal is to allow the guy break even faster...

So Nigerians prepare to payoff Mr Dangote's debts ..

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Asquare84(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2023
Lifewasgood:
Read in nairaland some weeks back that the refinery won't be ready till 2024, so what are they inaugurating?

It just enemy of progress cooking such write up
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by Asquare84(m): 8:53pm On May 07, 2023
ebuzchief:
This will help us in the economy and save a lot of dollars for the country if they are sure of what they saying.

Dollar will soon crash against Naira
Re: Buhari To Inaugurate 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery May 22 by ogascomax: 8:53pm On May 07, 2023
yinkus6750:
Waooohhh
Finally, Dangote refinery is ready.
PMB wants to take glory for it, hence ensuring he commissions it before leaving office.
Hope they will start refining immediately after commissioning?
How will it's functioning affect subsidy and petrol price?

I can bet any amount that refinery won't work even 3 months after this commissioning. Now it is not because I don't want this solution but it's due to this government deceit and antecedence I am saying this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti Workers Give Fayose 14-day Ultimatum To Clear Unpaid Salaries / Northern Forces Plot For 2023 Presidency / More Police Officers Arrive Lekki Toll Gate (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.