Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) (37421 Views)

Professor Kila Disagrees With Wole Shoyinka About The Obidients. / Peter Obi Meets Fayose In Lagos (pictures) / Peter Obi Meets Flavour, Phyno, Others (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Basic123: 2:41pm On May 08, 2023
Maduawuchukwu:

Has Tinubu condemned his supporters who were attacking Igbo people both physically and verbally in Lagos?
😆...victim mentality and persecutory delusion as usual.

You have forgotten they are killing you and raping you too 😆

Cry cry babies

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2023
Basic123:

😆...victim mentality and persecutory delusion as usual.

You have forgotten they are killing you and raping you too 😆

Cry cry babies

Answer my question. Has Tinubu apologised for the actions of his rogues against Ndigbo in Lagos on election day?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by chaloskyx: 3:05pm On May 08, 2023
no leader can survive without carrying everyone along thats what leadership entails to be the servant of all so i dont understand this your no one can do without yoruba talk if its to make your tribe larger than life thats good but all majority and minority tribes are all relevant in Nigerian politics.
Offpointng:
When I say these clans really cannot do or make significant progress without the SW and Yorubas, they do come for my head. I thought they said Yorubas are betrayals and tribalistic?? Why has Obi been moving from one Yoruba elder's house to the other? What happened to all the Onowu's court in the SE? why is he not visiting any of them?? Are they so Inconsiquential??

Pls we urgently need answers

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:07pm On May 08, 2023
obembet:

As long as my hatred put money in your pocket and food on your table please don't stop 🛑.

Gbamsolutely!
END OF THREAD!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:16pm On May 08, 2023
squash47:
This Wolle Soyinka hair sef. If he won plait am make he plait am na.
He's copying Albert Einstein

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Scamburster(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2023
RolexOfGeneva:

He's copying Albert Einstein
You meant low life abi China made AE.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by omohayek: 6:49pm On May 08, 2023
GreyLaw:

Many of those who voted Obi in Lagos, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Abuja, Plateau are not Igbos. Can you for a moment hide your hatred and parochialism and reason matters like an educated home sapien? You Nigerians baffle me!
Nonsensical tribalistic gibberish. Look in the mirror and you'll see the true source of the "hatred" you perceive.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by stuffs2002: 7:55pm On May 08, 2023
God1000:
Nice, he's building new bridges of love and unity.

But I think there's something fundamentally wrong with Nigeria, good people with good intentions are not given the chance, I don't know why

I hope you do realise that Peter Obi is one of the worst governors in the history of Nigeria yet IIGB0S want him to win just because he is IIGBO

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Benwallt(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

What I like about my engagement with you is that you sound reasonable and articulate. Quite unlike most other Tinubu supporters.

That said, I understand your submission of the problem of Igbos being Igbos (the enemy within). But these enemies within couldn’t have been effective if they are not always being sustained by the enemies without.

Most Nigerians would rather vote an Umahi, not because of his works per se, than any Igbo man they think Igbos like no matter how competent he is. The fact that Igbos like him automatically disqualifies him.

See, don’t try to rationalize the systemic exclusion of Igbos from the corridors of power of the Nigerian State as being the sole fault of Igbos themselves, Nigeria is still fighting the Civil War against the Igbos 40 years after the war ended and it’s pathetic.

In response to paragraph three, a whole lot of factors come to play, like the individual put forward, like popular platform, like acceptance outside ethnicity, like antecedent and the individuals around such persons outside his ethnic group. Like the two major platforms before the third force led by Obi. Let's assume that the PDP had followed the zoning arrange and an Igbo man gets the nod, he automatically becomes a rally point in that party across the country so winning the election becomes a little bit easier whether he is a popular candidate or not. The fact that he is the standard flag bearer will make it so. So, it's not being Igbo that disqualified him but the inability of the popular platforms to adopt one as the flag bearer.

In a party hierarchy in Nigeria when it comes to allocating positions, you will agree with me that the position occupied by anybody of Igbo extraction is not an enviable one and that's still a factor.

On the last paragraph, I used to ask myself sometimes that, is it that Nigeria is schemed against the igbos when it come to power sharing or that the Igbos are just generally docile and comfortable with whatever comes to them or that they just handle politics as business, you come, haggle over price, you buy or you don't buy and move away. I think what is just needed is a strong united front whereby one Igbo man comes out, the rest queue behind him rather than everybody wanting to go at once.

On paragraph two, I think if people are less greedy and there is a working ideology. The problem there will be solved. If there is no enemy within, there is no way enemy from without will have a safe landing.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Penguin2: 11:07pm On May 08, 2023
Benwallt:

In response to paragraph three, a whole lot of factors come to play, like the individual put forward, like popular platform, like acceptance outside ethnicity, like antecedent and the individuals around such persons outside his ethnic group. Like the two major platforms before the third force led by Obi. Let's assume that the PDP had followed the zoning arrange and an Igbo man gets the nod, he automatically becomes a rally point in that party across the country so winning the election becomes a little bit easier whether he is a popular candidate or not. The fact that he is the standard flag bearer will make it so. So, it's not being Igbo that disqualified him but the inability of the popular platforms to adopt one as the flag bearer.

In a party hierarchy in Nigeria when it comes to allocating positions, you will agree with me that the position occupied by anybody of Igbo extraction is not an enviable one and that's still a factor.

On the last paragraph, I used to ask myself sometimes that, is it that Nigeria is schemed against the igbos when it come to power sharing or that the Igbos are just generally docile and comfortable with whatever comes to them or that they just handle politics as business, you come, haggle over price, you buy or you don't buy and move away. I think what is just needed is a strong united front whereby one Igbo man comes out, the rest queue behind him rather than everybody wanting to go at once.

On paragraph two, I think if people are less greedy and there is a working ideology. The problem there will be solved. If there is no enemy within, there is no way enemy from without will have a safe landing.

On your first paragraph, the only reason PDP wasn’t confident to zone the ticket to the Southeast was because of their knowledge of the sentiments against the Igbos in Nigeria. If PDP had given their ticket to Obi for instance, Tinubu’s victory would have been unquestionable because the entire core north would rather vote a dead goat than an Igbo man. The only reason Peter stood a chance in the last election, and is talking about stolen mandate, is because people like Atiku and Kwankwaso were on the ballot and took the vote of the core north away from Tinubu.

Your third paragraph talked about Igbos queuing behind one man. Isn’t that what we did in the last election (ignore some politicians to issued dissenting statements, they were just playing politics) but the Nigerian State ensured that the process wasn’t free, fair and transparent which would seen Obi win.

So, my friend, the Igbos are not to be blamed. It’s the Nigerian State that still wants to keep the Igbo man down.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by CodeTemplar: 2:08am On May 09, 2023
omohayek:

Nonsensical tribalistic gibberish. Look in the mirror and you'll see the true source of the "hatred" you perceive.
you are APC personified. From the days of you vs Beaf.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by losky83: 3:06am On May 09, 2023
ganisucks:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1655307232081215488?cxt=HHwWgICwpYnK6vgtAAAA
PETER DO NOT STRESS YOURSELF,LET HIM TEAR HIS PASSPORT FIRST BEFORE ADVICING YOU.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Shegunsmart(m): 3:23am On May 09, 2023
JOB OPPORTUNITY

Hello out there,

It is yet another season for us to harvest some of the best minds on Nairaland..

We need the best hands for a freelance job. It's the position of a chat operator/Responder.

If you're interested, you'll be trained and tested. Your sense of creativity is an integral characteristics that must stand you out for the job.

Please inbox me if interested

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by omohayek: 3:04pm On May 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
you are APC personified. From the days of you vs Beaf.
Whatever - trolls like you are why this place so badly needs a "blocking" function. You certainly have nothing to say worth reading.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Sunrise258: 4:49pm On May 09, 2023
Same man your followers torn into pieces for calling Datti to order?! You must be kidding me!! Everything you and Obidients are doing you will surely reap when next you run for office. Any candidate supported by the mainstream Obidients will be rejected in the West. We will pay you back accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by Fahd11: 6:10pm On May 09, 2023
Thank God we dodged this bullet .....
Re: Peter Obi Meets With Wole Soyinka (Photo) by CodeTemplar: 12:12pm On May 10, 2023
omohayek:

Whatever - trolls like you are why this place so badly needs a "blocking" function. You certainly have nothing to say worth reading.
...and your one-sided pro-APC post is worth reading I guess. No surprises uncle Gbawe A.K.A. keyahomo( expansive urhobo spelling of Keyamo).

You still flog so well and should consider using eBulala as a moniker. Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

About 600 Boko Haram Members Killed In Gombe And Monguno / Police Officers Push Van After Arresting #OccupyLekkiTollgate Protesters (video) / FBI Cannot Come To Nigeria To Arrest Abba Kyari — Mike Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.