Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp (18431 Views)

After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / $10bn Debt: CBN Defaults On Payment To Banks, Dollar Nears ₦‎1,000 / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Haveyoueatentod: 11:20am On May 08, 2023
This one done hammer
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Klinwalter(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2023
The future remain brighter for the country. Good job @Dangote.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by gfelo(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2023
i hope is not that type of commission buhari commission rail project at CMS in lagos after his departure the rail has not work up till now.

SadiqBabaSani:
Will the refinery start producing PMS upon commissioning, that’s what most of us are concerned with. Person don queue tire to buy pms
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Godfullsam(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:
With all due respect sir, you owe the Nigerian society more than you've done in recent time

We will Design a professional Letterhead Or Company Logo for your Business

Pay on Delivery
Drop us your Company Name here
https://forms.gle/Gjob3eF4oFTSM3TDA

He has many foundations and he is touching a lot of lives.

There is a foundation run by his daughter and another one is bn run in honor of his mother.

He doesn't have to make noise about it. Bless dangote is not from a particular part of this country.

By now we for no hear word from chest beaters again.

God is wonderful, He put the core economy of the country in the hands of people who don't make noise. He can't afford to share His glory with chest beaters

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by baralatie(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2023
BennyDGreat:

You have made valid points but if Federal Government eventually says no more to subsidy... automatically most of the issues from these quarters end....it will now be a battle of those who can lobby DANGOTE to favour them as he's going to be the only lifesaver for them....

As usual, some will lose out and run out of the business, while the others who can lobby will thrive.

Either way, it's a win-win for DANGOTE.
Nobody will fight him. The reality is the government is in so much debt they can't afford to sustain the subsidy....
Who ays
The money will no longer come from government.it is you that will pay them directly wether dangote is working or not
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by nedekid: 11:27am On May 08, 2023
Amen.
Hopefully it will ensure more fx in circulation. If it can return naira to ₦120 to $1. Automatically, 100m Nigerians will be removed from poverty.
Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed, because we know in Nigeria unlike other countries when things go up, they never come down.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Gentew(m): 11:27am On May 08, 2023
inoki247:

He has..

Everything no be about Noise or Chestbeating there are people doing things Low-key....

The 100k cash his giving the Sudan War Deportee did you see him make Noise about it ...

I hope you're not talking about Ndi developer them!!!

Everybody can't be a Noisemaker...

For say na some People get this refinery dem go don tell us how they own the whole of West Africa that they're West Africa Savior and Developed West Africa...
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Timmi: 11:29am On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:
With all due respect sir, you owe the Nigerian society more than you've done in recent time

Pay on Delivery

Mr. Oseniwaje, Dangote established one of the most efficient NGO in the world that caters to the need of Nigerias - health, education, wellbeing, etc. Research it and proof it to yourself, google is your friend. His NGO is Nigeria and Africa focused which is what it should be.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by RevolverOcelot(m): 11:31am On May 08, 2023
We done dey wait for this refinery since last 8 years...
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Nobody: 11:33am On May 08, 2023
dre11:
Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn in FX, Generate Another $10bn in Exports

Africa’s richest man and owner of the Dangote Refinery, Mr. Aliko Dangote, has said with the planned commencement of the refinery located in Lagos, Nigeria could save up to $10 billion in foreign exchange (FX) and generate another $10 billion in exports when the facility begins operation.

The 650,000 barrels per day Dangote Refinery, the world’s largest single-train refinery, is set for inauguration on May 22, by President Muhammadu Buhari. Dangote spoke in an interview with a special edition of London-based The Economists Magazine, titled ‘The World Ahead 2023,’ which was unveiled with considerable focus on West Africa and aimed to highlight both the potential as well as areas for improvement in Africa.

Expressing his views on expectations for the creation of value-added industries in Africa, the richest black man in the world stated that Nigeria’s economy as presently constituted has largely been built around the extraction and exportation of its natural wealth.As a major oil producer, Dangote noted that Nigeria currently imports over 90 per cent of its refined petroleum products, which amounted to roughly $10 billion in imports in 2022.

While this has brought major benefits to many businesses, Dangote explained that more prosperity could be created by locally refining Nigeria’s resources, with the refinery being a major step in this direction by reducing the country’s dependence on imported refined petroleum products. “The refinery’s completion will not only create direct and indirect jobs, but also lead to skills transfer and technology acquisition opportunities that will benefit the downstream sector.

“Moreover, the refinery’s production of critical products like naphtha and polypropylene will stimulate the development of other industries, such as cosmetics, plastics, and textiles. Refineries on this scale could save Nigeria up to $10 billion in foreign exchange and generate approximately $10 billion from exports.

“We see room for development of added value in agribusiness too. Here, initiatives like our Sugar Backward Integration Projects look to create a strong localised supply in the sugar industry. With a goal to produce around 0.5 million tons of sugar per annum from locally grown sugar cane, benefits will be created across the sugar value chain for local suppliers,” he added.

He noted that the soon-to-be commissioned 650,000 barrels per day refinery in Lagos, would enable Nigeria achieve self-sufficiency in refined petroleum products, as well as export to other African markets.According to him, there are also ample opportunities to increase the country’s rice production, with the ongoing construction of six rice mills that could mill approximately one million tons per annum of locally produced rice, thereby empowering local farmers.

The renowned businessman pointed out that the group of companies also has a 2.8 million tons per annum fertiliser plant tapping into the fertiliser market, while opportunities are being explored in tomato cultivation and processing as well as dairy production.“With many parts of West Africa still facing food insecurity, the emergence of strong localised industries with resourceful suppliers and clear trade networks will be a big step in the right direction,” he maintained.

Dangote stressed that Nigeria presents an attractive investment opportunity for international investors, saying with the country’s abundance of natural resources, diversifying and digitising economy, youthful demographics and vibrant society, investors will find in Nigeria a country of many possibilities.“Its population of over 200 million — of which 40 per cent is under the age of 15 – means the country’s demographic dividend offers investors with a long-term view an encouraging option in several sectors.

“Nigeria has a variety of untapped natural resources which, for commodity-driven investors, offers options in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments. Its vast arable land and favourable climatic conditions similarly support a wide range of crops, positioning it as an auspicious destination for agriculture-based investments.

“Here, we expect to see the development of a strong, home-grown agribusiness industry. We are also seeing the emergence of a strong digital economy, with several Nigerian start-ups becoming vibrant players in their respective tech-fields.“Nigeria’s import dependency and reliance on foreign markets presents major prospects for import substitution and supply chain localisation. Across various consumer-goods sectors of the economy, as well as supply-side needs for commercial and industrial enterprises, there are different options to set up localised supply networks,” he argued.

With the conclusion of the recent elections, Dangote explained that he was looking forward to government taking proactive steps to enable and empower investment by the private sector as the country has a variety of opportunities for businesses to work alongside the government through Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in infrastructure development.

On opportunities provided by the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), Dangote stated that the initiative has the strong support of many businesses across Africa with different private sector leaders actively involved in the process leading up to its signing and ratification.

Within the context of manufacturer’s associations and industrial groups, which he said he participated in, Dangote explained that he saw the willingness of African governments to engage with the private sector so they can hear what ingredients are needed to unlock increased intra-Africa trade.In looking to opportunities for exports from a strong base such as Nigeria, the cement industry, he said, could benefit greatly from not only exporting cement to burgeoning construction markets across the continent, but could look to build cement plants in other markets.

Driven by population growth, urbanisation, infrastructure development, and housing demand, he noted that Africa’s cement consumption has considerable room for growth as evidenced by its per-capita cement consumption of 130kg, far behind the global average of 541kg. “Sub-Saharan Africa presents an opportunity for expansion, as its population is projected to grow from 1.1 billion to over 2.1 billion by 2050, with two thirds of this growth in urban areas. Nigeria currently has an installed cement production capacity of about 54m tons/pa, which exceeds local demand and so a lot of this can be exported across Africa.

“Governments and businesses need to work together to improve competitiveness, dismantle barriers to accessing markets and develop supportive industrial policies.“It is also important for countries to understand the potential revenue loss from the elimination of tariffs and develop strategies around tariff revenue gaps.“Additionally, effective monitoring and enforcement of rules of origin is essential to ensure that products traded within the market originate from within the continent. By forging partnerships, businesses and governments can collaborate to overcome these challenges and maximise the potential benefits of initiatives like AfCFTA,” he explained.

As a key player in Africa’s push towards self-sufficiency in the cement industry, he disclosed that the group has an installed production capacity of approximately 51 million tons per annum across 10 African countries.In addition, he noted that the group’s newly inaugurated urea plant in Lagos, with a capacity of 2.8 million tons per annum, not only ensures a secure supply of fertiliser for Nigeria, but also allows for exports.

On climate change, Dangote said businesses should actively look to integrate sustainable practices throughout their operations while embedding an awareness among staff of how business activities impact the socioeconomic realities of stakeholders.By prioritising energy efficiency, water conservation, waste management and emissions control, he posited that companies could look to alternative fuel sources, energy-saving initiatives and waste management protocols as easy wins to benefit stakeholders.

*Tasks incoming administration on public-private partnership

/

Good Nigerian. Good thinking, good product. When you think about the good of Nigeria, you will eat the wealth of the nation.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by baralatie(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2023
RevolverOcelot:
We done dey wait for this refinery since last 8 years...
As in ehn make him start nau!!

Start refining petroleum products nau!

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Kaiser20: 11:49am On May 08, 2023
youngsahito:
Let's see how this will save Nigerians.
Nigeria can not be saved by a single refinery, the same government officials will frustrate Alhaji Dangote and loot the cash and profits to private Accounts
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by BennyDGreat: 11:53am On May 08, 2023
baralatie:

Who ays
The money will no longer come from government.it is you that will pay them directly wether dangote is working or not

There's also a challenge with the people paying directly......that's a proper recipe for massive nationwide protest which no government wants....

They could enter into a secret deal with DANGOTE...cos if they should allow the real cost of PMS run, cost could triple and that would be a no-no for everyone
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by aklid(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2023
Haters of Nigeria and lovers of negativity against it will still spew trash…🥱
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Dhury: 11:58am On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:
He is still a learner, go and learn from people like Bill Gate, Elon Musk...
you that learned from them list your achievement.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by baralatie(m): 11:59am On May 08, 2023
BennyDGreat:

There's also a challenge with the people paying directly......that's a proper recipe for massive nationwide protest which no government wants....

They could enter into a secret deal with DANGOTE...cos if they should allow the real cost of PMS run, cost could triple and that would be a no-no for everyone
The protests is inevitable that is why buhari pushed it to the next administration.
I am just looking at dangote.
As it stands nnpc has 30% stake in that refinery.so I don't know what and why he is deliberately atalling.
Dangote is meant to be 400000 barrel a day refinery that should have kicked up in 2018 and make serious money.now I am reading 850000 barrels a day .
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Fearyourcreator: 12:12pm On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:
You no get shame
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:13pm On May 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

He's an Hausa man, yet you don't see the Hausas making noise like the ibos
Oga,why the hatred and venom against my tribe? Why don't you channel that powerful energy of jealousy and bitterness into something productive.Igbos and the Jews really have this in common -Jealousy, hatred against them from all around, and attempted genocide.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Originalsly: 12:15pm On May 08, 2023
BlackAdams007:

What should he learn from Bill Gates? .... how to grow wealth by killing millions? You are really in the dark.

@ topic. I do agree with him at promoting local industries but disagree with him on throwing out invitations for foreign investors to exploit our natural resources. What have we ever gained as a country by such foreign investors? On his refinery.... I seriously doubt it will work as intended and produce at capacity. We need to understand world politics to understand why Africa is not progressing. It is a pact by the West to prevent Africa from being self sufficient ... independent. They will never allow Dangote to cut their supply of refined oil products to Africa. They call the shots.... and if Dangote or any African leader does not do as they say... the country will face artificial crisis or the keader taken out. Africa must be dependent ... the resources exploited .... refined ... and sold back to them. It is this same policy that is at the root of the war in Ukraine.... Russia does not want to bow to the dictates of the US. Dangote is owing billions...... what happens when he cannot repay?
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by MFORC(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2023
No mind all this political gimmicks I don't think the refinery is 100 percent complete.
Why we never of test running.
SadiqBabaSani:
Will the refinery start producing PMS upon commissioning, that’s what most of us are concerned with. Person don queue tire to buy pms
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by youngsahito(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2023
Kaiser20:

Nigeria can not be saved by a single refinery, the same government officials will frustrate Alhaji Dangote and loot the cash and profits to private Accounts
I doubt that because a private biz is different from public sector where u can do alot of sharp practices.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by XAUBulls: 12:27pm On May 08, 2023
dre11:
Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn in FX, Generate Another $10bn in Exports

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/08/dangote-my-refinery-can-save-nigeria-10bn-in-fx-generate-another-10bn-in-exports/
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by fran6co(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
after them commission am u go still wait for years before e go start production.

Just like lekki sea port commissiond but nt yet functional
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Charly68: 1:15pm On May 08, 2023
Good news .. your investments at home make you dear to us as a person. Many are feeding daily because of what you are doing in Nigeria. God bless you sir.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by merits(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2023
limeta:
The Biggest scam in history
Tomorrow they will dip the Qur'an in the sea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by SaintLucia: 1:22pm On May 08, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

Election is over! Stop!!! He built it in Lagos because of the market proximity .
Yes daddy thank you daddy.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Menclothing: 1:24pm On May 08, 2023
If you hate him build any business dangote is operating too

Over 250 company are giving refinery licenses sameday with dangote all of them are waiting for who to sell the license too

But they are on IG posting pictures buying cars saying they are billionaires without impact
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Patrioticman007(m): 1:30pm On May 08, 2023
limeta:
The Biggest scam in history
Tomorrow they will dip the Qur'an in the sea

Islamaphobes abound on Nairaland, pls try living a hate free life for one hour, the peacefully it's very pleasant to the soul. The federal ministry of health warns that Wailing wailers are liable to die young.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by chaiks: 1:42pm On May 08, 2023
I supported Peter obi. But from my studies of event and evidenced permutations, tinubu's government will start roughly but will turn out to be the most celebrated. With dangote refinery, implementation of orosanye report, removal of fuel subsidy, merging of ministries and MDAs, a balanced cabinet and appointment that will jettison party patronage, tinubu will surely hit the ground running. No doubt about that. Obi is good but I will say if the tribunal uphold tinubu victory finally, let him forego and join hands in moving Nigeria forward. There are some creativity traits that are lacking in him though he is good in accountability and preventing wastage.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by MasterTeeUSA: 1:49pm On May 08, 2023
Again, Buhari administration will be known as one of the greatest...when Nigeria turned into greatness. If you don't believe... go to court

dre11:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/05/08/dangote-my-refinery-can-save-nigeria-10bn-in-fx-generate-another-10bn-in-exports/
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by Dennisbulkan: 2:14pm On May 08, 2023
Oseniwaje:

Pay on Delivery

He owes you nothing, entitled piece of shitt.
Re: Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp by EngrKemp: 2:23pm On May 08, 2023
aieromon:

I also experienced the same issue. It eventually opened after several attempts.
Any form of assistance there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones / Emefiele: CBN Will Seize Private Jets Belonging To Loan Defaulters / Secrets Of Making Money Online As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.